Post-Verdict:Jose Baez-Sanctions? Florida Bar Investigation!

JVM seemed to be on the JB side of this. I'm not sure what the complaints are, but JP had said many times there would be sanctions and I have been wondering when it would happen. IMO this is not just about his little fairytale OS. I wish he had declared a mistrial when he saw the verdict, he did say he would rule on it when they got the verdict didn't he?

JVM seemed to be on the JB side of this. I'm not sure what the complaints are, but JP had said many times there would be sanctions and I have been wondering when it would happen. IMO this is not just about his little fairytale OS. I wish he had declared a mistrial when he saw the verdict, he did say he would rule on it when they got the verdict didn't he?

JVM swings like a pendulum... at first JB was on her show regularly ,gave her 'exclusive' interviews - during which he mostly said "I can't answer that, but at trial you will understand"- then when public opinion was obviously that FCA deserved to be convicted she started to say the same, just to get an audience to watch her, and was even critical of JB- when the verdict was announced and she approached him outside the court he brushed her off so I guess she now has to butter him up again to get him back on her show. Like anyone watches it...

And what's with Baez that he only seems to be giving statements to TMZ? Like that's some kind of reputable source? On the same level as what? The National Enquirer?

And what's with Baez that he only seems to be giving statements to TMZ? Like that's some kind of reputable source? On the same level as what? The National Enquirer?

TMZ is for celebrity gossip.

Who's a celebrity NOW? :angel:

Quoting myself: I love this part:

Jose tells us, he's "looking forward to the bar completing its investigation, so that it can be dismissed just like the 20 previous complaints."
:waitasec:

How incredibly arrogant of him. He is the essence of ethically challenged. I wonder how long it will be before he is disbarred. All a matter of time before his ego gets the best if him. JMO!

What a piece of <work>. He is loving all the attention and unfortunately he probably will slither out of this one, too.

Haven't read all the pages here, but must say that this is not surprising. The little wimp has been investigated by the bar many times before. Remember during the trial, itself, Judge Perry said he would determine after the trial.....

:great:

and you Youngins trying to find a soul mate via the internets.....Stop it immediately. That is sound advice. Why do women put themselves in this position? I do not get it.

---from the news thread: "okiedokietoo" :

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/18/florida.jose.baez/
Complaint filed against Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez

As with all such complaints, a panel of attorneys in the area where the complaint originated -- in this case, in Orlando -- will investigate, said Lyle. That legal panel, after hearing from the accused, could turn over the case to a grievance committee consisting of other lawyers and citizens if it decides that rules regarding professional conduct had been violated.

The grievance committee would then decide if there is probable cause for a violation. Ultimately, the complaint may be heard by Florida's Supreme Court -- with possible penalties for the lawyer including probation, suspension or revocation of his law license, according to Lyle.

BBM:

:rocker: I totally agree ... absolutely the "WORST JURY EVER ... MOO ...

:rocker: And I totally agree about your comment that they disliked Ashton and Linda immensely ... I have a "theory" about that ... but ya'll might think it's :crazy:

MOO MOO MOO ...

This case was lost before it ever started. Still shaking my head at their reasoning and I hope no one pays any of them for interviews either. Not unless someone wants to come clean and admit what really went on.
Baez needs to pay the piper now, HHJP said there would be sanctions at the trial's end. This whole thing was so underhanded, he'll never win very many cases. Wonder if any of them have realized they are :pullhair: stuck now.

Yes, I meant Vinnie on HLN not those other ones!:crazy:

Yeah I know what you mean. There is one in particular that is spewing the unfair mantra every night. I'm getting ready to drop an email as I've had it with the, "Oh this is such sour grapes." NOT, KC needs to fulfill the rest of her sentence for what she was found guilty of. :maddening:

I suggest you to not have too much faith in the Florida Bar...it may be a waste. It is an organization run by attorneys to overseer attorneys. Very seldom does anything ever happen....unless their is a fudiciary issue. Money is what they worry about. It is about the only thing that can nail an attorney. This is how the bar functions out here. May I suggest it may function similarly out there?

I often wondered if Mason was on the bar..

Did we ever find out who was funding the DT prior to the State of Florida supporting their grand lifestyles?

I suggest you to not have too much faith in the Florida Bar...it may be a waste. It is an organization run by attorneys to overseer attorneys. Very seldom does anything ever happen....unless their is a fudiciary issue. Money is what they worry about. It is about the only thing that can nail an attorney. This is how the bar functions out here. May I suggest it may function similarly out there?

I often wondered if Mason was on the bar..

My thoughts exactly. I thought someone said there was a partial oversight by non-attorneys, but even so it is a joke. Macaluso was reinstated so he is back to his shenanigans as well. How could any professional rack up 20 complaints and be nonchalant about it? Hope the citizens demand better from their lawmakers...who are mostly lawyers as well.

To be honest, I got the feeling during the trial, well and the entire 3 years, that JB probably does have a lot of complaints. Just an observation of the way he is treated by others in the field, the Judge, the media, and his own personal actions. I took it that some can't wait for him to be disbarred even if it is temporary as he is unethical and horrible to work with.

The Bar has guidelines to follow, and minor complaints don't go very far. The attorney can send in paperwork to prove they did or did not do whatever the complaint is about. There has to be a big mess up to even get a little "educational warning" from the Bar.

Whisperer is right, money is where the Bar can snap into place and zap you very rapidly, otherwise it is a long slow process, and everyone hates the day they have to work opposite the sleaze ball, will try to avoid it like the plague.

---from the news thread: "okiedokietoo" :

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/18/florida.jose.baez/
Complaint filed against Casey Anthony attorney Jose Baez

As with all such complaints, a panel of attorneys in the area where the complaint originated -- in this case, in Orlando -- will investigate, said Lyle. That legal panel, after hearing from the accused, could turn over the case to a grievance committee consisting of other lawyers and citizens if it decides that rules regarding professional conduct had been violated.

The grievance committee would then decide if there is probable cause for a violation. Ultimately, the complaint may be heard by Florida's Supreme Court -- with possible penalties for the lawyer including probation, suspension or revocation of his law license, according to Lyle.

Hahaha oh that's comforting!

I can only hope that someone in Florida is watching JB and giving him enough rope to hang himself so that when he finally reaches the limit of bad behavior he will be disbarred and it will stick. Unfortunatly it just adds fuel to JB's intentions to stay in public view. JVM keeps pointing out that if you don't know the horse in the race look at his track record. JB certainly has one. I'm of the belief that JB suffers from the same immaturity problem that his client has. He looked to me during the trial to behave like a child with his eye rolling, slumping back to his seat in a huff, screaming tizzy fits at JA, stretching and yawning during SA closing not to mention his lack of knowledge for his profession. I wondered what the connection was to him and FICA and now I realize that they are cut out of the same cloth which is why they have this close relationship. I would think the Florida Judicial system would want at this point to salvage some small piece of respect for their office. Hopefully JB will continue to make his inflammatory statements only to confirm what alot of us already know. He has no respect nor pride for his profession, the court system, Judges. He has no conscience and will ruin anyone who gets in the way of his own agenda. He needs another good spanking from Judge P and hopefully he'll get it on Monday.

I was wondering, too, if/when the sanctions or contempt charges would be made ... it WAS supposed to happen after the trial concluded according to what Judge Perry said but we've heard nothing ... I believe it was for the umpteenth time that he deliberately didn't disclose testimony or evidence prior to the trial ...
Please, Judge Perry, don't let him get away with that !! Look at the example it sets for future abuse of the system for defense attorneys !!

I'm hoping that JAC will go over Jose's invoices for money they handed to him and he'll be caught in some kind of fraud ... there's also a strict accounting of the ABC money ... IIRC there wasn't a very indepth examination of his accounting for that money and where it went ...

If he can't have ethics violations against him, I would think some sort of fraud would be a no brainer in order to disbar him ... :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back