George has Casey's car destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well someone had to have been with Lippman unless he walked back to his office after he finished parading the car for Fox. :rolleyes:

again, couldn't agree w/you more (we think alike :crazy:)... I was watching an old movie the other day "The Valley of the Dolls" (classic for bad acting, lol) and i think the Anthony's are a lot like the movie... At some point I truly believe this whole ordeal became more about being celebrities and money...

if you have never watched the movie "dolls" are pills and I think "dolls" to the anthony's are dollars and celebrity status...

omgosh, im loopy today - probably because it is Friday!

I just hope his gas can wasn't left in there...after all, it was a part of him. I wondered if Lee was there, kissing his wrist, blubbering, PSF...PSF...

:floorlaugh:
I'll be thinking about this all day...

BBM:

Yep ... how "convenient" for the Anthony's that a reporter was at the salvage yard !

This was a "HUGE" PR MOVE for the Anthony's ... the A's NEVER do anything unless there is an ulterior motive for themselves !

I think the REAL REASON the Anthony's decided to do this NOW was for the past two days ... there has been an enormous amount of NEGATIVE publicity regarding the Anthony's upcoming appearance on the Dr. Phil Show ...

Again ... having the car "crushed" was another move by the Anthony's to PUBLICLY REHABILITATE THEIR IMAGE !

Just jumping off your post...
JMO
WHATEVER they would have done with THE car, would have been controversial. I'm not defending them, just saying the separation of themselves from the death car is a no win situation for the A's.
Tow it/crush it/videotape it?
Make $ off it via macabre collector?
Tow it/junk it/sell it for parts w or w/o video?
Tow it in the middle of the night? Who would believe them?

Getting paid by Fox for the exclusive? Probably.
Motive to get rid of it - obvious!

Just glad to know it is gone/done.
However, i would have been happier if they gave it to FCA to drive (once she gets her license back) while she is on probation...tooling around Orange County.
"Found the extra set of keys, sweetheart. Here ya go. All yours! You EARNED it. Oh, and btw, the gas cans are in the trunk in case you need them."
:seeya:
JMO

Clearly, I should have articulated that differently. By 'official', I meant that the drowning story was the explanation for Caylee's death that afforded the jury the reasonable doubt that they needed to acquit, as well as the explanation that was never denied by the Anthonys. Sorry to confuse. :)

OMG thank you for clarifying. I really did misunderstand what you were saying. Now I understand your reference to 'official' as being the last idea floated by any of that clan based on their lack of denial of what was alleged in court.

As for reasonable doubt being raised, I have reasonable doubt about that! I think the jury acquitted for other reasons. The fairytales told in court did not outweight the evidence against Casey. Nope. She got off because she is one of the luckiest people walking the face of the Earth. The only thing that equates to Casey's level of luck is her level of guilt.

ETA: And now I read a post quoting GA's testimony regarding the drowning. He clearly did deny it, and he clearly did deny having anything to do with any of it. It was CINDY who went on the stand and hinted that it could have happened since she had issues with her meds and might have forgotten the ladder...

Oh good grief, these people!

But George (with his many, many faults) is the least troublesome to me.

I just hope his gas can wasn't left in there...after all, it was a part of him. I wondered if Lee was there, kissing his wrist, blubbering, PSF...PSF...

You guys are killing me today...and a much needed :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I've never been an Anthony supporter, been quite appalled and disgusted for 3 years. But I saw GA trying to finally do right by Caylee during the trial. (as CA lied and acted her way through it). Now he crushes the car. Good. We've argued that they should do the right thing all along, I know it's now too little too late, but are we now going to argue against him doing the right thing?

I think the only right thing any of the Anthony family could do at this time is fade into obscurity. It is much too late, imo, to try to right any of their wrongs. Because of their past behavior, I am suspicious of everything they do in public. It makes me wonder why there just happened to be someone capturing the drop off and destruction on video. Was it preplanned, did the media have a cameraman posted there just in case or was it simply caught on a private cellphone? I dunno but I'm suspicious.
George was not forthcoming in the trial. His self preservation instincts still prevailed over honesty. He danced a jig all around the gas can and pictures and was so disingenuous about the accusation of an affair with River that no one but George considered it "funny."
Anything that they do in public will always make me wonder what they believe will be their benefit. It's what they've taught me.

OMG! You have to watch this. SO TRUE!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2frIhoFyP8k&feature=player_embedded#"]Casey Anthony Rolling in the Deep Parody- (Decomposing in the Weeds) - YouTube[/ame]!

Exactly. Trashing the car doesn't automatically make them think they believe she was in the car. The car has a stigma to it no matter what they think. There were theories on here that Casey may try to retrieve the car when she returned to florida.

They had to destroy that car, regardless of their theory on what happened to Caylee.

I agree to some extent... but if FCA is the "most hated woman in America" and nobody knows where. They could have had the car painted (without anybody knowing) and donated it to a an organization that collects things for needy children (without anybody knowing)... imo that car was crushed because it still smells like there has been a "damn dead body" in it and they know whose body it was and who put it there...

thank you so much, i never thought about FCA getting the car back (and making money). Im glad the car was crushed!

When did he get rid of evidence prior to this?

Early on in the case (I tried to find the link) there was an article concerning the trunk and how clean it was. Too clean, as if someone with LE experience had cleaned it. It has always been my opinion that George cleaned the trunk.

They can't win thanks to themselves. If they hadn't been sending out conflicting messages this whole case, I might have an ounce of respect for anything they do. But one minute it's Casey's innocent, and there was no body in the back of Casey's car even though Cindy said "there's a damn dead body in the back of the car" on the 911 call. But then, at trial, they seem finally ready to admit that Casey did indeed do this. George denies the drowning. But then they give pictures of Caylee by the pool and at the back door, and Cindy goes on about how awesome a kid Caylee was that she could open doors by herself. Then Casey is acquitted and the verdict is fair. But then they say they have no contact with her. Then they start a foundation and are pretending to come clean again. And get rid of the car, but keep the pool. The volley of what they believe is worse than a tennis match.

It's whatever they think will make them look good or get Casey off that they go with at any moment, and it's infuriating. They can't just make a line in the sand and say what freaking scenario they believed happened. They should have done that in the beginning, but they never have. Even if they did now, it wouldn't be believed because of all they have done in the past three years. They are just screwed, and they have no one to blame but themselves for all of the negativity that is cast on them. Great, the car is gone. But what does that mean that they believe? I will pull my hair out if they go on Dr. Phil and talk about how Caylee drowned in the dang pool.

Do we for sure know the Anthonys have never replaced the pool?

ITA! They are very recognizable. Why? Because of the constant media attention that was their own doing. And they are banking on it now. How many murderers parents do you see doing interview after interview after interview such as this? They're are loving the limelight! If they want their image improved a donation to TES would have made more sense. But that wouldn't generate an income! I don't see them as a symbol for grandparents or missing children. I see them as parents of a murderer. And I see them trying to milk that for whatever they can. I find it very disturbing...
IMO

The only problem I'm having with that reasoning is if GA made a donation to TES, everyone would be on a thread like this criticizing it. Saying it was a PR move, that there was an ulterior motive.

The only problem I'm having with that reasoning is if GA made a donation to TES, everyone would be on a thread like this criticizing it. Saying it was a PR move, that there was an ulterior motive.

Maybe, maybe not, But they have only themselves and how they've handled everything to blame for that. IMO

But it would have been a good move on their part. jmo

Actually, I would fall over in faint. Or check to see if the apocalypse is happening. That would surprise the heck out of me if they did that! I might actually wonder if they have finally seen the truth and changed their ways while still being cynical about it, LOL.

I agree to some extent... but if FCA is the "most hated woman in America" and nobody knows where. They could have had the car painted (without anybody knowing) and donated it to a an organization that collects things for needy children (without anybody knowing)... imo that car was crushed because it still smells like there has been a "damn dead body" in it and they know whose body it was and who put it there...

thank you so much, i never thought about FCA getting the car back (and making money). Im glad the car was crushed!

I was a claims adjuster in Florida in the late 1970's. I'll always remember a case we had where a man killed himself in his nice new car. He and the car were in an orchard many miles from where he lived. The car had been closed up when he died and he decomposed for several days in the blistering heat. This was a new car so an adjuster had to go get it and drive it back to our office. He told us when he got back he had had to drive with his head outside the window because of the stench. The car was cleaned to the nth degree, so that it could be re-sold. This is the interesting part....the car didn't "make it"..despite the absolute best efforts...the smell would never come out because it had permeated the car and short of replacing everything in the car, nothing could be done. It was a new car and it had to be crushed! So....I am thinking that this is exactly what has happened here. The insurance company may have deemed it a total loss. It may seem a wierd thing to crush a car that is mechanically sound, but that is precisely what is done. People die in closed up car in Florida= car destroyed.

They can't win thanks to themselves. If they hadn't been sending out conflicting messages this whole case, I might have an ounce of respect for anything they do. But one minute it's Casey's innocent, and there was no body in the back of Casey's car even though Cindy said "there's a damn dead body in the back of the car" on the 911 call. But then, at trial, they seem finally ready to admit that Casey did indeed do this. But then give pictures of Caylee by the pool and at the back door, and Cindy goes on about how awesome a kid Caylee was that she could open doors by herself. Then Casey is acquitted and the verdict is fair. But then they say they have no contact with her. Then they start a foundation and are pretending to come clean again. And get rid of the car, but keep the pool. The volley of what they believe is worse than a tennis match. It's whatever they think will make them look good or get Casey off that they go with at any moment, and it's infuriating. They can't just made a line in the sand and say what freaking scenario they believed happened. They have no one to blame but themselves for all of the negativity that is cast on them. Great, the car is gone. But what does that mean that they believe? I will pull my hair out if they go on Dr. Phil and talk about how Caylee drowned in the dang pool.

:goodpost:

BBM: I totally agree ! Good points.

Cindy and George Anthony DESERVE to be SCRUTINIZED and CRITICIZED for EVERYTHING they do because they brought this ALL on THEMSELVES ...

As to Casey's car ... in My Opinion this was just another Anthony Publicity Stunt to REHABILITATE THEIR IMAGE after CA's "PERJURY" PERFORMANCE at trial ... and as to George ... :waitasec: I would like to say what I really think but I do NOT want to get a T/O ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member