OH OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/28919291/detail.html I'm no expert, but the fiance has some very interesting body language in this lengthy interview.

1. Lots of self grooming (calming self, deception, helping him think over a difficult question) especially when he's asked a question that he might not have a ready answer for.

2. Looking down and to the left (deception)

3. Touching nose (classic sign of deception)

4. Adding many extraneous details

5. Seemingly rehearsed answers that he has thought through thoroughly, but stumbling and rambling through other questions

6. Nervous laughter

7. Speaking in past tense of Katelyn

8. Emphasizing how much of a "choice" Katelyn supposedly had in everything going on in their relationship (perhaps it's easiest for him to tell the exact opposite mirror truth about everything)

Anyone care to expound/add more?

This is just my opinion.

The quote about "she's too pragmatic (to leave - when he was asked about her disappearance)" is kind of stuck in my craw.

Apparently, they were talking about moving to Colorado that Saturday night. I kind of get the feeling that he wanted to move, but she wasn't quite on board with that yet. Resentment is what I feel.

MOO and all other disclaimers...

Some interesting comments on Fox19's Facebook wall. It seems like some of their friends
don't like the fact that people are saying the fiancées story is off.

I'm tending to agree. It's just not adding up for me. jmo of course.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/FOX19Cincinnati?sk=wall

There is a post that is saying that JC has been cleared and the family knows that information.....

Who knows whether to believe it or not.

The family seems to trust him fully. I will take their guidance for now and try to look outside of the fiance even though that entire interview gave me chills.

Ok may he HAS been cleared, who knows...
But the "don't worry about her" business is just plain WEIRD. Unless he knows she was intending to take off.

Where was it said that JC has been cleared? Someone posted a couple of days ago that on a FB blog it was stated that JC passed a lie detector test -- but I never saw anything in the media that he had been cleared or passed a lie detector test. Does anyone have a reference to either of these in the media?

I get the impression that the two of them may be slightly on the simple side, (no offence to them) - I could be totally wrong, but would explain why his reactions could be off, I remember a few pages back it was mention he may have been so?

Verging on the autistic perhaps?

I think a reporter should ask JC what JC thinks should be the punishment for whomever abducted Katelyn. Also, what sentence would he find just should the worst care scenario have occurred, in other words, murder.

She has been missing a full week now...far too long for something not to have happened to her, in my opinion...

In the article SufieTX posted above where Chief Dickey says something like "no foul play in her apartment" I now wonder if that is what he has been saying and being misquoted in the news? I feel much better that he said "no foul play in her apartment" makes me believe they think something happened to her outside of the apartment. I mean reality is something could have happened to her ANYWHERE and someone could have brought her purse, keys etc. back to the apartment put them where she would normally put them, mess up the bed like someone slept in it and walked out the door and locked it. IMO

“My instinct tells me she is close,” Carter said. “I feel like if I knew where she was, I would bust in the door and beat whoever took her and get her back. But I don’t know where she is.”

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/middletown-news/woman-still-missing-after-week-long-search--1235106.html

**ICA, anyone?**

Ugh- there are SO many statements he's made that remind me of ICA.

And I see he's now talking about her in the past tense...not good. Not good at all.

“Her paintings were colorful, her makeup was colorful, her clothes were colorful. It wasn’t tacky. Especially when she dressed up, she just looked beautiful.”

Poor Katelyn :( What a promising life. A driven girl, goals, seemingly liked by everyone she met.

Did they release the photo Katelyn sent to her fiancé? I wonder if there are any clues by looking at the photo. Was she smiling, sad, upset? The background in the photo? Was it taken at the house, outside, somewhere she may have been.

The article said they were together on Saturday night until 11:30 pm. Where were they? Her house? Did she decide to go out with friends after she and her fiancé went their separate ways after 11:30 pm?

Did they release the photo Katelyn sent to her fiancé? I wonder if there are any clues by looking at the photo. Was she smiling, sad, upset? The background in the photo? Was it taken at the house, outside, somewhere she may have been.

The article said they were together on Saturday night until 11:30 pm. Where were they? Her house? Did she decide to go out with friends after she and her fiancé went their separate ways after 11:30 pm?

It was supposedly a photo of a photo, not a picture she took of herself. She could have possibly been deceased at the time the photo was taken and sent.

It was supposedly a photo of a photo, not a picture she took of herself. She could have possibly been deceased at the time the photo was taken and sent.

Oh wow. Very strange. Thanks.

I wonder where the photo is now that was supposedly photographed and sent to JC.
JC sure likes to talk
In the article Surfie posted above-JC says she was a homebody, but did go to concerts. .......snipped-"according to the Police Chief Mike Dickey said as investigators go through her cell phone records, it’s apparent Markham “has a very large circle of friends.” "
You don't get that by sitting at home being a homebody, do you? Surely she wasn't getting the phone #s of 'strangers' /customers through her job..hmmm.

Surely someone didn't come to her home late at night under the guise of wanting artwork done ( her addy is on her site) ??

Wonder what her friends say about that homebody remark.

Still haven't seen anything in regards to the last person(s) to see her besides JC.

The thing that continues to nag at me is his conflicting information. At one point he says he arrived at her condo between 7-730 Sunday and was alarmed to see her car there because she should have been at work.

Later he said he arrived at her condo between 7-7:30 because that was the time she would have been coming home from work.

Which is it, because you can't have both!! RED FLAG. HUGE. RED. FLAG.

And if he was going there then because she was supposed to be getting home from work, how "worried" was he? Not so worried that he didn't go to David's Bridal first, right?

He wasn't worried, because he KNOWS where she is.

IMO, MOO and all that jazz.

Inch high- supposedly her place was on the way to David's Bridal...if so worried why not call the store- all he had to ask is, is Miss Markham working today??

I just thought- I wonder if they checked the dumpsters for the place she lived, and any surrounding ones, before they started being emptied the first of the following week :(

With the festival- might have be a good bit around

When Katelyn didn't show up for work, did anybody from David's call to check on her? Surely they have a number for her parents or JC to call in case of emergency. I've read somewhere that she is a dependable employee. If that is the case and she didn't call in sick wouldn't you be concerned? When I worked, I had a young woman working for me that was not the most responsible person, and one day she didn't show up for work and I couldn't reach her. I called her mother to check on her. She was goofing off. Fired her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jme81