2011.20.08 Haleigh Cummings age progressed photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

twall

Reaction score
Haleigh Cummings age 8 age progressed photo from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1115793&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Not a thread I wanted to start.

Opinions? Do you think this is what she would look like today? IMO her hair is off, needs to be curly and it would not be lighter, it would be darker, naturally curly hair does not straighten as pictured, (going by experience!).

Not at all familiar with Turner's, would she still have a short neck?

haleigh5-1.jpg
haleigh8.jpg

Haleigh Cummings age 8 age progressed photo from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...seNum=1115793&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

Opinions? Do you think this is what she would look like today? IMO her hair is off, needs to be curly and it would not be lighter, it would be darker, naturally curly hair does not straighten as pictured, (going by experience!).

haleigh5-1.jpg
haleigh8.jpg

twall, thanks for the photos. Yes, I do think little Haleigh could look like this today. She really resembles her mother. God bless Haleigh.

haleigh5-1.jpg
haleigh8.jpg

I totally agree about the curly hair. I've had naturally curly hair all my life. It doesn't go away. The only way that Haleigh's hair would look this straight would be if someone straightened it for her. I'm not sure about the rest of the photo. I would not recognize Haleigh if she has changed that much, sad to say.

I think it's pretty close. Except, your hair doesn't get blonder as you get older, generally gets darker if a child starts out blonde.
Sigh.. little Haleigh. Please come home. Will we ever find you?

Thanks for the thread.
I agree w/ the hair needing curls and darker. I can't form an opinion because I can't see her w/ this hair.
It sure is strange trying to see if you can see a persons mother and father in them, definetly in the real pic of her but w/ computer generated type changes, it seems to take the soul out of the eyes, IMO.
Kids grow so much in this time period she's been missing. Breaks my heart that her mom has to look at this and can only wonder what her daughter would really look like.

Something is wrong with that picture. I just can't put my finger on it.

If you look at the original photo, the hair is darker and curlier. I think she would grow into this, not out of. Thus the new photo should be darker hair with more curls. I also think that pulling it back is a cop-out to make it look like Haileigh's original photo. I doubt she would wear it pulled back like she did then.

I also think her left eye would look different - unlike the progressed photo.

Turner syndrome effects:

Short stature 100%
Cubitus valgus
(increased carrying angle at elbow) 45%
Short metacarpals
(bones of fingers or knuckles) 35%
High arched palate 35%
Webbed neck 25%
Low posterior hairline 40%
Swelling of hands and/or feet 20%
A distinctive type of nail curvature 12%
Pigmented nevi
(colored spots on skin) 25%

MHOO

Mel

Source: http://genetics.emedtv.com/turner-syndrome/turner-syndrome-physical-features-p2.html

Seems to me that her face is longer, and too much space between her hair line and eyes. I don't know. It does look off...

IMO.. Not a good likeness as to what Haleigh would look like now...JMHO

I pray we could some day soon see Haleigh's photo in the news and say, "Oh, the age progressed photo looks so much like her, thankfully someone recognized her."

But I don't really believe it will make any difference.

The hair matters less than the overall facial proportions IMO because the hair can be changed frequently.

There are too many differences in the computer enhanced version than in Haleigh's real picture. I agree with those who say it looks nothing like her.

Remember the computer enhanced aging photos of Jaycee? They didn't look like her, either. The aged photos had her hair too light plus other differences.

Obviously computers have no idea how light hair gets darker as we age on most people. Some people are born with blond hair and stay blond throughout adulthood, but even their hair changes shades over time.

There's no way an exact age progression picture can be made. This picture is pretty close. imo It would be easy to identify her.

I just had to stop in on this thread to see the age progression rendering! I do not think I would recognize Haleigh today.

My hair was almost white blonde when I was a child. By the age of approxomately 14, the blonde changed to very light brown with blonde streaks. It would get lighter every summer from the sun because I was a swimmer and out all the time.

I think about Haleigh a lot, and have never stopped hoping she would be found. Maybe one morning we will sign on and see a big headline of "Haleigh Cummings Found'! I will always have that hope for all the ones who have not been located.

MOO

I just had to stop in on this thread to see the age progression rendering! I do not think I would recognize Haleigh today.

My hair was almost white blonde when I was a child. By the age of approxomately 14, the blonde changed to very light brown with blonde streaks. It would get lighter every summer from the sun because I was a swimmer and out all the time.

I think about Haleigh a lot, and have never stopped hoping she would be found. Maybe one morning we will sign on and see a big headline of "Haleigh Cummings Found'! I will always have that hope for all the ones who have not been located.

MOO

ITA LaLaw!

BBM :)

That is my whole purpose of checking my email every single morning.

I haven't forgotten you dear sweet little Hayleigh, praying for God's mercy to bring you home to your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff