TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. That's how it's done here in the south!

Uhh... not always.

Perhaps we should not make such blanket assumptions about these sort of things. They tend to muddy the waters, imvho.

Anyway- in the interest of locating Holly- UTM has two features that I think we've neglected to pay attention to. One is Holly's student ID card (which would give access to various things such as buildings/labs/library/computer labs etc on campus) and UTOnline, including all of the wi-fi spots.

Has anyone taken a look at the internet access in the days and weeks prior to Holly being abducted?

And where is her ID?

Not sure I understand her comment about her shutting his door? Why would she have to do that?

Perhaps CB was up LATE writing a paper the night before- and Holly was up EARLY to study.

Not sure I understand her comment about her shutting his door? Why would she have to do that?

If I saw my son in his room studying and I was up watching TV, making noise, I would shut his door so I wouldn't disturb him. She was being considerate. imo

Uhh... not always.

Perhaps we should not make such blanket assumptions about these sort of things. They tend to muddy the waters, imvho.

Anyway- in the interest of locating Holly- UTM has two features that I think we've neglected to pay attention to. One is Holly's student ID card (which would give access to various things such as buildings/labs/library/computer labs etc on campus) and UTOnline, including all of the wi-fi spots.

Has anyone taken a look at the internet access in the days and weeks prior to Holly being abducted?

And where is her ID?

Good post! Great questions!

It was said Holly was up at 4:30am studying so she had the lights on. Clint's bedroom must have been close to Holly's?

Thanks, but it sounds odd as does most of this whole thing. You have a 25 yr old man whos Mom had to close his door? So in order for her to shut the door he must have said something about it. This goes back to where I said that CB was possibly a little miffed about something with Holly and why he called his Mom instead of just asking Holly why she was home. Again, this may have nothing to do with anything, but the more I hear of the events before her disappearance the more odd things seem.

If I saw my son in his room studying and I was up watching TV, making noise, I would shut his door so I wouldn't disturb him. She was being considerate. imo

I took it as she shut Clint's door because Holly was studying.

Well normally class isn't at 7:30 am. Unless he had an 8 am class he may not have had class until 9, 10, ' 1pm etc or not at all that day.

I pretty much know my friends work schedules, but obviously I do not know their day to day plans that they may have so if CB didn't have school that day or if he had it later in the day then where ever he was supposed to go was something that maybe most of his friends were not aware of. So lets say that CB had plans to do somthing that morning like going hunting or getting a tire for his car before he had school or whatever. This would probabley be something that most people wouldn't really know. So maybe he didn't get much sleep that night because Holly was up till late studying and he decides to not go. So the qestion is, who knew he had plans to not be home at that h our of the morning????

Thanks, but it sounds odd as does most of this whole thing. You have a 25 yr old man whos Mom had to close his door? So in order for her to shut the door he must have said something about it. This goes back to where I said that CB was possibly a little miffed about something with Holly and why he called his Mom instead of just asking Holly why she was home. Again, this may have nothing to do with anything, but the more I hear of the events before her disappearance the more odd things seem.

I think you guys read too much into simple normal actions...

We have three people here in my home and all three of us will pull a door closed now and then. It has no other secret hidden mysterious meaning.

Ok Holly was studying and Clint was sleeping. Mom walked by and pulled his door closed. Thats it...

Uhh... not always.

And where is her ID?

Total dead end as no info has ever been made public about any of this at all.

If LE has not looked into her computer activity and ID badge access by now, we may as well forget about ever finding her...those are things you do in the first few days...

As far as closing Clint's door...it is a little odd that a 25-yr old man would go to bed with his door open, but whatever...

We have three people here in my home and all three of us will pull a door closed now and then. It has no other secret hidden mysterious meaning.

Ok Holly was studying and Clint was sleeping. Mom walked by and pulled his door closed. Thats it...

Normally I would agree, but since a lot of us are trying to figure out why CB called his Mom, events leading up to her abduction must be scrutinized. Sounds to me like Clint was mad and maybe complained about Holly being loud.

Here's a possible scenario. Clint is trying to sleep and Holly is keeping him up. Clint yells out for someone to close his door or his Mom just closes it to keep the peace. So a few hours later Clint is woke up by the dog barking. I know that this would definately make me a little mad. So he gets up and hears voices and again he's up again cause Holly is home with her BF and they are making noise. So in his anger he calls his Mom.

Now this is just speculation on my part, but if this is true then maybe Clint would have just asked Holly why she was home. Of course if he did, this whole entire episode would have been different.

I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that there is a total blackout from LE communicating with the public about Holly’s disappearance.

LE doesn’t seem to have a problem with the Bobo family speaking through the media, so why doesn’t LE?

LE could speak to the public without showing their hand. So why not touch base with the public if only to say, “We’re still following up on leads.”

Is LE trying to protect the case/Holly, or themselves?

LE has stated that they believe the perp is local. Shouldn’t LE at least have a press conference and release a profile of the perp, since there is a kidnapper/pervert/assailant running around town?

LE has stated that they believe the perp is local. Shouldn’t LE at least have a press conference and release a profile of the perp, since there is a kidnapper/pervert/assailant running around town?

It amazes me as to how many places (LE) seem to be unequipped as far as finding someone. There ar so may unanswered questions, but to be fair maybe LE is just holding back all this info. At this point I would think that they might want to take a different approach and maybe ask for help. Sadly the statistics are that she is probabely dead so I don't see the harm in releasing more info.

......or everything the Bobo's have said occurred that morning are in response to the "public " questioning of witness accounts. Like "why Clint did not hear the SCREAM"

Think you are right Carla, we are reading to much into" simple normal action", but for a different reason: Like I had mentioned before I just think the Bobo's and LE know more than they are saying about Holly's abduction, but fear has kept them from really telling the whole story. Remember how it was first considered a "home invasion", then dismissed? Well maybe that is exactly what it was and Holly was taken then, she went with him/them willingly to protect her family, especially Clint. Remember also no one even saw Clint the first few weeks after her disappearance, maybe that had nothing to do with him not wanting to speak out, but perhaps he had been hurt physically by the perps , and cuts and bruises would of meant a great many more questions
Call me crazy, but I have changed my opinion as to why their stories don't add up. They are doing their best to protect the integrity of this case....some family they know, with a great deal of power in Parson's, is protecting their "own" ( EVEN $80,000 won't break their silence).

Crazy--maybe--but think about it , it would certainly answer many of the question we have had about this case--at least for me it does.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that there is nothing too small that it shoudn't be looked at. At this point a break in the case is not going to come from something obvious as most of the larger and obvious pieces of evidence have prob been looked at hundreds of times. Maybe it will be something that is not so obvious that will make a positive turn in this case.

Still attempting to get caught back up, but a key sticking point on the events of that specific morning when Holly was abducted is Clint's presence there at the home.. Was he on his regular schedule, living at home, and at home sleeping every morning as he was that very morning??

Or was this an unexpected difference in schedule for Clint? Was he not usually home at this time of the day, or better yet was Clint not usually even in Darden, TN but rather was living away from home at college??

And my understanding is the latter.. Clint was not "supposed" to have been there on that weekday and at that specific time.. The usual routine of Holly's life would have left her home alone after mom and dad having both left for work by 7:30am.. She would have been alone on the entire Bobo property when exited the home with all of her supplies for her school day in tow..and making her way to her car to leave and head to school..

It is my understanding that this was the standard and regular schedule of the Bobo family's daily routine..most important detail, of course being that by 7:30am she would have been completely alone, unprotected, and on her own when making that initial contact with the abductor at some point after having walked out of her residence..

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was established fairly early on that Clint was a student of a college campus out of town..therefor during the school year NOT residing in Darden at his family's residence.. and that it was due to his spring break week[my son's was that same week] having fallen that exact week of the 13th that led to the happenstance that brother, Clint Bobo unexpectedly, and unusually was at home, in Darden, at his family's residence the very morning that his sister, Holly was abducted...

This IMO was a kink in the intricate plan of this abductor.. I think he never even had a clue that Clint Bobo would have or could have been at home from college and actually in that residence at the time the abductor chose to execute his long awaited and thoroughly detailed plan of attack.. jmo, tho..

Call me crazy, but I have changed my opinion as to why their stories don't add up. They are doing their best to protect the integrity of this case....some family they know, with a great deal of power in Parson's, is protecting their "own" ( EVEN $80,000 won't break their silence).

Crazy--maybe--but think about it , it would certainly answer many of the question we have had about this case--at least for me it does.

It's taken me a while to come around to this theory, because I just didn't understand how SOMEONE who wasn't part of this other family wouldn't know SOMETHING and go to LE for the reward (like a friend or neighbor).

As far as I could remember, I had never actually heard of a case like this where a family managed to keep something like this a secret and be so good at hiding evidence and telling stories.

Then I remembered Joran Van Der Sloot.

It's taken me a while to come around to this theory, because I just didn't understand how SOMEONE who wasn't part of this other family wouldn't know SOMETHING and go to LE for the reward (like a friend or neighbor).

As far as I could remember, I had never actually heard of a case like this where a family managed to keep something like this a secret and be so good at hiding evidence and telling stories.

Then I remembered Joran Van Der Sloot.

...and the Anthony's.

As far as someone possibly having an obsession with Holly and thus wanting her instead of wanting to harm her...

If a stalker/obsessed person comes to the point where they know they can't have the person, then they often will harm them, rather than give in to the person their object has chosen...one case I just watched on Dateline, Michelle Herndon, was murdered by a male friend who was obsessed her as soon as she annouced to her friends, including him, that her boyfriend was moving to be near her and that they planned to beceome engaged. In fact, I think he did it the very next day.

I wonder if Holly had someone secretly in love with her who she thought of as a friend, and he saw that Holly and Drew had become serious, as they certainly seemed to be, from descriptions from both families. She would have talked to this person in the garage and also probably even walked off with him, if he had given her a good enough reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj