TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011108210309

Clint, 25, halted studies at the University of Tennessee Martin, where he was working toward a degree in social work.

He used to double date with her and ride four-wheelers, Karen said.
The family ate dinner together almost every night, watched "American Idol" together and occasionally caught a movie on Sundays. Dana said the family rarely missed a week of "American Idol" last season.
They have not watched TV at all since Holly disappeared, he said.
Until Holly disappeared, safety was not a concern at their home in a rural area of Parsons.

"I think at that point I knew something was wrong because I knew Holly had a test, a big test, that day," she said. "And at the time she came and told me that, Holly should've already been gone to school."
Karen said Clint, who was at home asleep at the time, did not hear screams.
"I had shut his bedroom door that day because she was studying, and I think he had a paper to write so he was planning on getting up later in the morning," she said.
Holly had been an honor student since high school and was engrossed in her studying, Karen said. She attended nursing school on scholarship.

It sounds to me like Clint lives at home, possibly has never left home. Karen closed Clint's door, early that morning, so he could get some sleep, totally motherly thing to do.
This sounds like a normal loving, very close knit family.
It doesn't seem like they were worried, before the abduction, or they were scared that something was going to happen.
Karen had a normal reaction to the events that morning, read the article.
It also stated where the three 911 calls came from.
I don't get any hinkey feelings from this family, not any of them.

I hear ya, Goldiegirl! It seems in small towns sometimes "Power and the authority " it brings , is more important than money. Hard to believe, but fear of that power and what it can do to ones life, is a very strong motive for silence. IMOO!!

university of tennesssee at martin is in Martin, TN..

It's an hour and forty minute drive.. he was away at school..and was not usually home

ETA: I don't know tho, Jo..you may be correct that he never lived away from home.. The more I think on it I assume that the UT Martin satellite campuses could be where he was working toward his social work degree.. As I know Holly attended the satellite campus for her nursing classes.. But for some reason I have always believe him to have been home on a visit/temp from his regular routine of living in Martin, TN which is 77 miles away..

anyone know for absolute certain?

university of tennesssee at martin is in Martin, TN..

It's an hour and forty minute drive.. he was away at school..and was not usually home

They have a Parsons campus, don't they? Wasn't Holly a student at the UT Martin Parsons campus?

We already raised the questions about Holly's campus and about the sites where she had her clinicals in the beginning threads, and that surely there were interviews done and cameras that captured various interactions that she did have.

I don't know of any new information, do you? You can read through the beginning threads to see that we did pose these questions.

What I'd like to know is why they haven't called SAR teams? Like TES or Laura's Recovery? I know KB got paragliders but why not professional ground search teams with dogs? Usually family members have to make the request and then they work in conjunction with LE.

Still attempting to get caught back up, but a key sticking point on the events of that specific morning when Holly was abducted is Clint's presence there at the home.. Was he on his regular schedule, living at home, and at home sleeping every morning as he was that very morning??

Or was this an unexpected difference in schedule for Clint? Was he not usually home at this time of the day, or better yet was Clint not usually even in Darden, TN but rather was living away from home at college??

I think he went to the same place Holly went, or one of their campuses. he lived at home, not away. He went to school and came home at night. Its not like he had a dorm in Louisville, KY.

We already raised the questions about Holly's campus and about the sites where she had her clinicals in the beginning threads, and that surely there were interviews done and cameras that captured various interactions that she did have.

I don't know of any new information, do you? You can read through the beginning threads to see that we did pose these questions.

Nothing new but LE did search out in the roadway in front of Holly's campus building. Now, why would they search there? I assume there is some evidence that someone may have been observing her and perhaps waiting there? Was this person caught on a security camera? Was something found near the house like a cigarette butt or drink bottle that a person watching and waiting may leave, that could be matched to something from the school?

Nothing new but LE did search out in the roadway in front of Holly's campus building. Now, why would they search there? I assume there is some evidence that someone may have been observing her and perhaps waiting there? Was this person caught on a security camera? Was something found near the house like a cigarette butt or drink bottle that a person watching and waiting may leave, that could be matched to something from the school?

Or they were just searching out there, hoping to find something that might help them...if that is where she spent most of her time.

Or they were just searching out there, hoping to find something that might help them...if that is where she spent most of her time.

She wouldnt spend her time out in the road in front of the school... They were searching where I assume someone may have been waiting or watching.

I found this article of an interview and analysis with the Bobo's this month. I must say that I now have more questions about CB than I have ever had before.

http://***************************/2011/08/-holly-bobos-brother.html

I can't believe that he didn't open the door from the house to the garage to see who was out there rather than call his mom to ask her! Something really seems amiss here.

I found this article of an interview and analysis with the Bobo's this month. I must say that I now have more questions about CB than I have ever had before.

http://***************************/2011/08/-holly-bobos-brother.html

I can't believe that he didn't open the door from the house to the garage to see who was out there rather than call his mom to ask her! Something really seems amiss here.

I can't get the link to work.

She wouldnt spend her time out in the road in front of the school... They were searching where I assume someone may have been waiting or watching.

I don't know...I thought I remember from that time that they were looking at video from her school? And then searched the grounds? My personal feeling is that they are and have been grasping at straws from the start, JMO. They may have thought some of her items would be planted out by the school.

I don't know where the dorm in Louisville came from because no one even alluded to a dorm and certainly nowhere in Kentucky.. I'm very well aware of the beginning threads that we discussed "Holly" attending classes on the satellite Parsons campus.. but I was not aware that Clint attended that exact same school and campus..thus I asked..

As for their searching outside the school areas it is nothing more than a speculation or a guess that they were searching for cigarette butts or something a stalker may have left behind while watching her.. That was a guess[brought up here in Holly's threads]..a possibility and nothing to indicate it to be true has ever come to light..

Total dead end as no info has ever been made public about any of this at all.

I disagree.

Public info is not only what has been released by LE or the media, but what we as WS's can discover on our own by utilizing public resources.

For example, we can go here and try to figure out what Holly's schedule might have been at the time of her abduction:

http://www.utm.edu/departments/ecce/parsons.php

We can go here to see about UTOnline:
http://www.utm.edu/onlinestudies.php

We can go here to try and understand what Holly's financial aid/scholarship package may be:
http://www.utm.edu/departments/finaid/

We can go here to see where wi-fi and computer labs are located on campus, and also try to figure out whether Holly was studying for an LPN-BSN degree, an RN-BSN degree, or a non degree clinical position.
http://www.utm.edu/departments/ecce/parsons.php#parsons

All of this helps to narrow down a timeline, understand daily patterns, and possibly build a profile of an individual who may have harmed Holly.

When you research each aspect of a missing persons lifestyle (for example- we can do the same with Holly's religious community, any volunteer organizations she may be involved with, jobs, clubs etc) then you increase your understanding of the missing individual; and often that helps to narrow a population of persons who may be involved in their disapperance.

Make sense?

I don't know where the dorm in Louisville came from because no one even alluded to a dorm and certainly nowhere in Kentucky.. I'm very well aware of the beginning threads that we discussed "Holly" attending classes on the satellite Parsons campus.. but I was not aware that Clint attended that exact same school and campus..thus I asked..

As for their searching outside the school areas it is nothing more than a speculation or a guess that they were searching for cigarette butts or something a stalker may have left behind while watching her.. That was a guess[brought up here in Holly's threads]..a possibility and nothing to indicate it to be true has ever come to light..

I used that as an example I think its well established that Clint went to school locally and lived at home. This has not been a real mystery. But some people think he did not live at home and went to school some place far away. I am also the one that assumed that LE was looking for some evidence left behind outside Holly's school. If you go back and read the posts you should get a good idea of the past discussions. For some reason, a bit into the investigation, LE went out to Holly's school and spent some time in the road out front looking for something. Again its my assumption they were looking for some evidence left by a suspect. Never stated it was exactly what happened. Go back and read them again...

Well I did say MADE PUBLIC as in RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC

Yeah if someone wants to dig something up, thats different.

And yes you can extrapolate things from generic schedules, etc. but thats not the same as LE or the family saying ok her schedule was this...

Its just a guess

You and I work at this from totally different ends. I try to work strictly with known facts and details provided by the family, physical evidence, the physical layout of the house (there have to be some natural assumptions made), etc. I have less interest in areas outside of the house iself, as there is just not enough tangible evidence for me to work with. Someone else can do that aspect.

I disagree.

Public info is not only what has been released by LE or the media, but what we as WS's can discover on our own by utilizing public resources.

For example, we can go here and try to figure out what Holly's schedule might have been at the time of her abduction:

http://www.utm.edu/departments/ecce/parsons.php

We can go here to see about UTOnline:
http://www.utm.edu/onlinestudies.php

We can go here to try and understand what Holly's financial aid/scholarship package may be:
http://www.utm.edu/departments/finaid/

We can go here to see where wi-fi and computer labs are located on campus, and also try to figure out whether Holly was studying for an LPN-BSN degree, an RN-BSN degree, or a non degree clinical position.
http://www.utm.edu/departments/ecce/parsons.php#parsons

All of this helps to narrow down a timeline, understand daily patterns, and possibly build a profile of an individual who may have harmed Holly.

When you research each aspect of a missing persons lifestyle (for example- we can do the same with Holly's religious community, any volunteer organizations she may be involved with, jobs, clubs etc) then you increase your understanding of the missing individual; and often that helps to narrow a population of persons who may be involved in their disapperance.

Make sense?

What I'd like to know is why they haven't called SAR teams? Like TES or Laura's Recovery? I know KB got paragliders but why not professional ground search teams with dogs? Usually family members have to make the request and then they work in conjunction with LE.

Oriah,

This is your area of expertise, maybe you can answer this question. I thought their were SAR teams used?:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975