Imperfect Justice-Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good! "With behind the scenes information, including the explosive details that have never been made public, Ashton details what the prosecution got right, what they got wrong, and why he remains completely convinced of Casey Anthony's guilt."

ETA: I wonder what he has to say about the diary!

Now I'm really antsy to get my nose in that book....
What a teaser! This is exactly what I was hoping for, Detalis and lots of 'em.

I am not sure I can do this and if it is not allowed Please remove. This is the link to the Overvie of JA's book. Interesting.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/imperfect-justice-jeff-ashton/1104911872?ean=9780062125323&itm=1&usri=overview%2bimperfect%2bjustice%2bprosecuting%2bcasey%2banthony

Very interesting. I didn't know he tried over eighty murder cases, very impressive. I hope he writes about himself a little. I'd like to know how he was able to go home after all those cases and leave work at work.

I have one tiny bit of concern. I hope he doesn't speak highly of GA/CA/LA because of their scam foundations. I hate to see good hearted people be taken advantage of.

I'd like to hear how he feels about the jury. Not just a topical, I believe in the jury system. If he thinks they have marbles for brains then say it----don't hold back. I don't want anything sugarcoated.

IMO

I wonder why a picture of Caylee did not make it on the cover.
May be because of copyright problem?

While I hate to see any photos of Casey I do understand why she is on the cover of the book along with Jeff.

It correlates with the title: "Imperfect Justice-Prosecuting Casey Anthony"

The cover doesn't bother me. I know Jeff had no control over that. I will take the cover off when I get it so I want have a photo of Casey laying around my home.

IMO

Very interesting. I didn't know he tried over eighty murder cases, very impressive. I hope he writes about himself a little. I'd like to know how he was able to go home after all those cases and leave work at work.

I have one tiny bit of concern. I hope he doesn't speak highly of GA/CA/LA because of their scam foundations. I hate to see good hearted people be taken advantage of.

I'd like to hear how he feels about the jury. Not just a topical, I believe in the jury system. If he thinks they have marbles for brains then say it----don't hold back. I don't want anything sugarcoated.

IMO

I hope he continues to write about cases he prosecuted. He and Linda have almost 30 death penalty cases under their belts. So there is a lot of history there for him to write about.

imo

Casey Anthony Prosecutor's Book Shoots to No. 1, Publisher Promises 'Explosive' Details

:great:

"News of the book inadvertently leaked over the weekend and sent the book skyrocketing to No. 1 on Barnes and Noble.com’s sales rankings."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/casey-anthony-prosecutors-book-shoots-229423

Wow! if the publishers' were just putting this out there as a "feeler" and to "test the waters" as someone here posted in light of the backlash and boycott threats re: an FCA book or interview/CA&GA interview, etc., to see how this book would be received by the general public, they must be pleasantly surprised to the overwhelming positive reaction. I hope JA is really happy about this, also!

IMO, MOO, etc.

Hurricane Jose has already 'fizzled'. :floorlaugh: Even TWC has moved on to Katia? (Diff. spelling because they retired "Katrina")

Yes ... The weather report made me laugh when they reported that Jose would run out of steam before it even developed fully into a hurricane and just fizzle out. It seemed to resonate for some reason ... Hmmm? Jose ... Non starter? Premature end? Disappointment.

If you read this Jeff, please ask Linda and Frank to write books too (if they're allowed).

IMO

I'd vote for something from LE, either Allen or Melich on what they had that could not be used by SA or was not needed. Provide the ugly truth on FCA.

Full Disclosure ... Behind the Casey Anthony Investigation

Love, love my Nook Color. I am a geek though and have ported android onto it via an sd card so it is a fully functional tablet as well as a good ole ereader. I can watch netflix and read away, surf websleuths and check email...geek goodness. Wasn't able to snatch up one of the coveted HP touchpads but since I have my nook I don't really care, it would have been for my DH anyhow...and he was meh. Love my Nook.

:floorlaugh:

Well I admire you for that even tho I have no idea what ported an android onto it via an sd card means...:waitasec:

Sorry for the O/T :floorlaugh: - I was sure I miss read mollymil23's post - thanks, it wasn't just me going :waitasec:

IMO

BBM: These are some great points ... I hope he does NOT "sugarcoat" anything -- especially regarding the Anthony's and the Jury !

I hope Mr. Ashton does NOT speak well of the Anthony's ... I hope he tells us "what" really went on "behind the scenes" with the A's and why LA went to talk to the DT and NOT the SA ... and I sure hope Mr. Ashton will tell us WHY Cindy was NOT prosecuted for perjury.

I am also anxious to hear what Mr. Ashton "true feelings" are regarding the Pinellas 12 (+5) !

November 29 canNOT come fast enough for me ... I pre-ordered the book from my local store and I will be there before the doors open that morning to get my copy !

MOO ...

one word: Kindle.

Kindle is a great way to buy books. No one can see what you have read or are reading and make fun of you ;-) Or hassle you. My husband would have a field day if he knew I ordered this! He's already disturbed that I have a bookshelf devoted to Jon-Benet.

Just ordered mine through the WS link. I can't wait to read. I probably want be able to put down.

I also ordered the Tale of 2 lives book. I know it has been out for a while and been wanting to read.

Thanks for the info and link JBean.

Kindle is a great way to buy books. No one can see what you have read or are reading and make fun of you ;-) Or hassle you. My husband would have a field day if he knew I ordered this! He's already disturbed that I have a bookshelf devoted to Jon-Benet.

Several years ago, I had a revelatory moment on a plane - bought a book in the airport book store (my happiest travel indulgence). I realized that despite having bought the book in a public place, the title was completely inappropriate for public consumption. On final, an FA (now sitting) commented on the title and I noted that I had been trying to fold the cover around so no one (kids) could see it.

Love my Kindle.

I am looking forward to reading this book by JA with Lisa P.(I didn't put LP because of an old bounty hunter with the same initials). I am interested in what he has to say.

In the overview, at the end it claims they will go into the mind of an accused killer who walked free. Interesting indeed.

Also they will explain how a woman so shrouded in guilt was proclaimed innocent. Very interesting.

I would love to hear LDB's take on what happened as well.

I am looking forward to reading this book by JA with Lisa P.(I didn't put LP because of an old bounty hunter with the same initials). I am interested in what he has to say.

In the overview, at the end it claims they will go into the mind of an accused killer who walked free. Interesting indeed.

Also they will explain how a woman so shrouded in guilt was proclaimed innocent. Very interesting.

I would love to hear LDB's take on what happened as well.

Tough to keep all these initials straight sometimes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe LDB is allowed to voice opinions on cases as long as she is employed by the State of Florida. Is that correct?

If you are planning to buy the book from Amazon AND you want to help with the cost to maintain Websleuths and be able to afford future upgrades, please order the book through our link: Amazon.com: Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony (9780062125323): Jeff Ashton: Books

Remember, there is no extra cost to you. :heartluv:

Kimster, Could you tell me if the link to order the book is only for amazon.com only? I'm wondering about amazon.ca since I'm in Canada. While Amazon owns both websites, sometimes the prices can be different. TIA.

o/t sorry

lit major - still have all my tired and tattered nortons.

K I N D L E and IPhone app

maybe not the bathtub, but everywhere else. It's a freakin god send and the nosey nosey's don't know what you're reading.

I still buy books, but man o man - doing that wake up in the middle of the night now what might as well read (without waking anyone). New kindle covers have a built in light - for me it's my phone - and I have ALL my books with me wherever I go.
And anyone else who wonders about bathtub reading with an E-Reader!

My husband bought me a Kindle when we were stationed here in Germany. We used to spend so much time and money at bookstores. We have two girls and all 4 of us love to read. We got to Germany and our English choices are very limited to what it at the PX. The only other option is to order online, which I HATE. I hate waiting for delivery (it can take everything 2 months to get here, so annoying!). Anyway, all four of us now have Kindles. The thing is that I am a die hard bubble bath reader. SOOOO my husband got me a waterproof cover. It's like a hefty ziplock bag sort of. HOWEVER it ripped. SOOO I bought a really nice splashguard cover for it. I don't think it's submersible like the first one I had, but it does a great job of protecting it from my many splashes :) So there IS something available for us who LOVE to read in the bathtub! Look on Amazon and you should be able to find both of the covers that I am talking about :) If not PM me and I will send the links.

one word: Kindle.

Yup, hopefully it will be available via kindle. I promised my DH (and myself) that I wouldn't buy another hardcover, since I have boxes full of hardcovers in storage.

I'm also curious as to how he wrote the book so quick -- unless he was writing it while the trial was going on (or taking notes at least). What's it been? 8 weeks or so since the verdict?

In any case I hope it's not a rush to get it on the shelves type of deal, but a very well thought out book.

MOOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members