GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many questions, Knox. The article says LE retrieved them from the complex after the hearing. But were they still on the dryer? Or in BB's possession? And if they are really stained with blood, whose blood is it?

Buford may have been trying to make MPD look bad and initially I guess he did, but in the end it was a circle jerk if it turns out the suspected blood is paint.

Note to self; read news article completely before posting.

Well, except these were obviously not planted, nor hidden.

So, these would not have even been there during any LE searches.

Really makes you wonder why the heck Buford even brought this up?
Could this PI really be this incompetent?
Well, here we go again. Did BB say she left them on the dryer? If so, how did she not notice blood on them, if it is blood and not paint?

Well, here we go again. Did BB say she left them on the dryer? If so, how did she not notice blood on them, if it is blood and not paint?
It does seem to only be inferred, doesn't it... :slapfight:

ETA: but then, that is the title of the article. Complex owner: Blue gloves belong to me :slap:

Just speaking for myself, it's not that I'm not "impressed", I just find the whole issue of the dog searches very interesting and full of possibilities.

As to your question: I guess it would depend somewhat on what article of clothing it was...? But, again, it's not that I don't give the dog search evidence weight, just on the face of it.

I agree. wholeheartedly!

Talk about not performing due diligence or whatever the legalese term for that is
icon12.gif

So the PI found the gloves, but did not question the owners of BH as to who they might belong to? Did he remove them? If so, wouldn't BB have to give her permission? I'm confuzzled.

What looked like blood is paint?

I would guess that "the appearance" of blood on gloves was the point of that whole facade, on the other hand, it was a bit frivolous to assume no one would come forward.

Cadaver dogs wouldn't alert in the laundry room unless a body had been in there.

ETA: I guess you mean they should've alerted because the hacksaw had blood on it. That does raise a good question. I need to muddle that one around a bit. :)

They hit on decomposition, not just blood, correct?

It does seem to only be inferred, doesn't it... :slapfight:

ETA: but then, that is the title of the article. Complex owner: Blue gloves belong to me :slap:
Hmm...are they really hers? Or just the "same such" gloves as the ones she owns? :pillowfight:
Seriously, it does appear the gloves are hers, but did she leave them on top the dryer? The article is not clear on that point.

They hit on decomposition, not just blood, correct?
`Right. Cadaver dogs are trained specifically to detect human decomposition. Not just blood, but blood that contains a byproduct of decomposition. (We went over this a million times in the Haleigh Cummings case. )

Well, except these were obviously not planted, nor hidden.

So, these would not have even been there during any LE searches.

Really makes you wonder why the heck Buford even brought this up?
Could this PI really be this incompetent?

I think --would have to check back to make sure -- that Patterson said the washers and dryers were the "stacked" type? If so, the top of a dryer would be considerably higher than the top of a single dryer -- guess it's possible something could have been missed at that level ... not saying likely.

`Right. Cadaver dogs are trained specifically to detect human decomposition. Not just blood, but blood that contains a byproduct of decomposition. (We went over this a million times in the Haleigh Cummings case. )

Wouldn't any blood have those components after a certain time period -- as it (the blood itself) decomposes?

eta: sorry if all this covers old ground -- I haven't closely followed any cases on WebSleuths before this one

Hmm...are they really hers? Or just the "same such" gloves as the ones she owns? :pillowfight:
Seriously, it does appear the gloves are hers, but did she leave them on top the dryer? The article is not clear on that point.
If not, did the PI think to ask her if she had noticed them?
Since we was just recently working in that area. :waitasec:

:hand: :eek:fftobed:

I think --would have to check back to make sure -- that Patterson said the washers and dryers were the "stacked" type? If so, the top of a dryer would be considerably higher than the top of a single dryer -- guess it's possible something could have been missed at that level ... not saying likely.
Ok... now that is a really good point.
The article states she said they were hers... but she's not "quoted" as stating this.
hmm... must sleep on it :)

If not, did the PI think to ask her if she had noticed them?
Since we was just recently working in that area. :waitasec:

:hand: :eek:fftobed:

LOL at you Sleuth. "We was"?? Get some sleep! (this is meant good-naturedly!!!)

I think probably this latest article may be a case where the reporters themselves still have "plenty questions" but are just "getting it out there" to feed the demand. Just my guess

Wouldn't any blood have those components after a certain time period -- as it (the blood itself) decomposes?

eta: sorry if all this covers old ground -- I haven't closely followed any cases on WebSleuths before this one
Oh, no, Backwoods, I didn't mean that you should know that. It was just an aside. I think the answer is in this article I've just started reading. I have to get some sleep and probably won't finish it tonight. But if you're interested in reading it, it's the Hoffman ("Characterization of the volatile organic compounds...") study on this page at the Paws site.
http://www.pawsoflife.org/Library/hrd.html

I just watched the pertinent part of the hearing again. Answers to two questions that have come up in today's/tonight's discussions:

(1) Patterson says the dogs DID alert on the laundry room.

(2) Patterson DID say the washers and dryers are stacked.

Oh, no, Backwoods, I didn't mean that you should know that. It was just an aside. I think the answer is in this article I've just started reading. I have to get some sleep and probably won't finish it tonight. But if you're interested in reading it, it's the Hoffman ("Characterization of the volatile organic compounds...") study on this page at the Paws site.
http://www.pawsoflife.org/Library/hrd.html

Thanks, bessie -- I bookmarked that page when you posted it earlier -- looks like lots of interesting reading I will enjoy "sniffing around in"

eta: Will we get a new thread before you go?

I am about to see if I can find the answer, but here at work, who knows if the computer will let me open anything I find. My question is pretty simple. The dogs hit on decomposition. Blood does decompensate, so I think they should hit on blood. But my question is does the scent of decomposition settle in the air or only on an object? How do the dogs detect it, I mean. Does it have to on an object for them to hit, or could a body have been in the room without actually touching anything and they still get a hit?

I just watched the pertinent part of the hearing again. Answers to two questions that have come up in today's/tonight's discussions:

(1) Patterson says the dogs DID alert on the laundry room.

(2) Patterson DID say the washers and dryers are stacked.
I remember Patterson saying the washers/dryers were stacked. So that would make the gloves less obvious, especially if they were pushed toward the back or behind something else on top of the dryer. But we still don't know for sure if BB left them there herself. :banghead:

Thanks, bessie -- I bookmarked that page when you posted it earlier -- looks like lots of interesting reading I will enjoy "sniffing around in"

eta: Will we get a new thread before you go?
Yes, this one has gotten long. I'll copy over some of the last posts from this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong