Baez & Geraldo to speak @ HNBA Convention in Dallas, TX. August 31-September 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
Dallas Daily News: Hispanic Lawyers Convention Next Week Will Tackle Thorny Issues

From the Dallas Daily News, August 26, 2011

By Mercedes Olivera

In this age of Facebook and social media, how do you pick a jury that you hope will be unbiased?

It’s a question many lawyers increasingly face in this digital era we live in. And it’s one that José Baez will be asked at the four-day annual convention of the Hispanic National Bar Association in Dallas next week.

Baez was involved in what has been described as “the social media trial of the century.”

He was the attorney who represented Casey Anthony, the mother accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter. Anthony was acquitted, and Baez became an instant success story.

Baez will be introduced by Geraldo Rivera at a Friday plenary session that will also feature Todd Robinson, deputy assistant secretary at the U.S. Department of State.

http://www.hnba.com/hispanic-lawyer...ill-tackle-thorny-issues-dallas-morning-news/

Those poor people. Jose and Geraldo will be speaking tomorrow morning during their breakfast. I would imagine it will be hard to keep any food down while listening to the pair of them.

so i guess jose won't be at the investigative costs hearing.

Those poor people. Jose and Geraldo will be speaking tomorrow morning during their breakfast. I would imagine it will be hard to keep any food down while listening to the pair of them.

at the same time there is a hearing set for likely the biggest monetary fiasco his client is facing, ummmm...... shouldn't he be THERE standing up for his poor villified client he cares so deeply about? hmmmmm.....

Geraldo wasn't Jose's initial speaking partner at this breakfast - there were going to be three of them. But almost as soon as the agenda came out - the two accompanying Baez "disappeared" and Geraldo popped up.

Oh to be a fly on the wall when the two original speakers "begged off".

so i guess jose won't be at the investigative costs hearing.

Geraldo wasn't Jose's initial speaking partner at this breakfast - there were going to be three of them. But almost as soon as the agenda came out - the two accompanying Baez "disappeared" and Geraldo popped up.

Oh to be a fly on the wall when the two original speakers "begged off".

I think the costs hearing is Fryer's bailiwick anyway - but yeah it says A LOT

LG - who were the two originals?

I think the costs hearing is Fryer's bailiwick anyway - but yeah it says A LOT

LG - who were the two originals?

You know, I don't remember. Who posted the original notice? ThinkTank? I know we - well I was making cracks about Jose being the first speaker and him not being a morning person would probably late - it was to be three of them discussing the use of social media in trials and then poof - in the middle of our discussion, the agenda changed.

I was actually shocked to see it was your friend and mine - Geraldo -:innocent: who was his speaking partner. So it would have to have been after the Geraldo interview on Geraldo Live or At Large or whatever he is - and before the Hurricane because in that interview Geraldo wished him luck at the Hispanic Bar Assn Convention,

Thats not exactly helpful is it? Sorry...

One of the topics in the afternoon tomorrow is: "Why do bad things happen to good judges?" Oh, the irony.

You know, I don't remember. Who posted the original notice? ThinkTank? I know we - well I was making cracks about Jose being the first speaker and him not being a morning person would probably late - it was to be three of them discussing the use of social media in trials and then poof - in the middle of our discussion, the agenda changed.

I was actually shocked to see it was your friend and mine - Geraldo -:innocent: who was his speaking partner. So it would have to have been after the Geraldo interview on Geraldo Live or At Large or whatever he is - and before the Hurricane because in that interview Geraldo wished him luck at the Hispanic Bar Assn Convention,

Soooooooo, how is GR able to speak on this topic about picking a jury for KC's trial?????? Hope someone takes notes and let's up know. lol

at the same time there is a hearing set for likely the biggest monetary fiasco his client is facing, ummmm...... shouldn't he be THERE standing up for his poor villified client he cares so deeply about? hmmmmm.....

Well no - er umm - because Baez did say that while FCA was being cared for by "good friends" - he (Baez) was her lawyer and life goes on......:loser:

I believe the panel consisted of the two that are now listed as "interviewer - Lisa Blue Baron" and "Remarks - Barry Sorrels" around the dynamic duo.

Soooooooo, how is GR able to speak on this topic about picking a jury for KC's trial?????? Hope someone takes notes and let's up know. lol

Well, picking a jury in the day of Instantaneous Mass Media.....wonder if he will talk about his Cell Phone constant alerts from his social media expert....and that he was simply following along with those cues.....:innocent: - ya think?

I saw on twitter that people in the Dallas area (Caylee Supporters) are being asked to picket the event.

I believe the panel consisted of the two that are now listed as "interviewer - Lisa Blue Baron" and "Remarks - Barry Sorrels" around the dynamic duo.

I don't think so - it was two male Hispanic lawyers - I'll go dig back in the discussion thread to see what I can find.

Okay went back through the discussion thread and ThinkTanks original posting with a link now brings up a document with the changes already being made. But she also makes the comments about the two Hispanic Lawyers no longer being listed, and up pops Geraldo - who goes where no one else is interested in going....LOL

I would be embarrassed to be a Hispanic lawyer if they were my association's guest speakers.

Well, picking a jury in the day of Instantaneous Mass Media.....wonder if he will talk about his Cell Phone constant alerts from his social media expert....and that he was simply following along with those cues.....:innocent: - ya think?

I wonder if he will talk about his JPad:innocent:

"instant success story" :sick:

I am so shocked the jurors didnt see through him.
his disgusting opening remarks that he never backed up just threw it out there...
They all disgust me.

I would be embarrassed to be a Hispanic lawyer if they were my association's guest speakers.

Well judging by the article for it, that basically places a halo on Jose's head, they don't know him at all. They're in for a huge disappointment! I wonder who wrote that article? Talk about sugarcoating Baez! Makes me want to barf, seriously!!!! Instant success? Where? I haven't seen any yet for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie