State Motion to recover Investigative Costs

Mason asks where is justice for defense who won? Says #CaseyAnthony spent 3 years in jail and defense spent 1000's hrs on case. -jfell

Moxie the size of Alaska this CM has........................Well I'd sure like to give justice to the defense!

In all my life I've never seen a DT with such personal attachment to a client as they are. It's like she is some golden calf they worship or something. They are full of venom when it comes to her. It's pretty pathetic.

It's actually frightening! Now I know how Hitler came to power!

Here's the question
I've been asking myself all day. I think Judge Alex touched on it, but here goes. Why is prosecution asking to recover expenses for a missing child aka Caylee, when obviously the jury found Casey NG of murder. So........ what happened to Caylee? In effect Casey didn't harm Caylee according to a jury of her peers.

That's easy to answer - because Caylee was "missing" according to FCA who was convicted of lying to the LE. At trial, FCA admitted Caylee drowned on July 16th, 2008 - thus all these agencies spent thousands of dollars searching for her. The Lies = search = convictions = expenses charged.

Should this be looked at any differrently that the runaway bride from Georgia? Didn't she have to pay investigative expenses?

Yes she did. She had to pay the sheriff's office 2,250 dollars in restitution, do 2 years of probation, and do 120 hours of community service.

This is Ms. Wilbanks doing community service.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1091924,00.html

If I squinch my eyes, I can pretend it's Casey and smile....

So is the hearing over?

The jury was unable to "convict on cause of death", but the did convict her of lying to the police. What was she lying about? What happened to Caylee. Therefore, everything that resulted from her lies cost Florida a boat load of money. The judge might "split the baby" and not award everything the state is asking for, but a percentage would still be a lot of money. moo

Here's the question
I've been asking myself all day. I think Judge Alex touched on it, but here goes. Why is prosecution asking to recover expenses for a missing child aka Caylee, when obviously the jury found Casey NG of murder. So........ what happened to Caylee? In effect Casey didn't harm Caylee according to a jury of her peers.
Well first, Caylee was never missing. And Casey spun her lies having LE all over the place searching when she knew she was dead, so of course Casey should pay the expenses.

Slightly OT: Judge P looks like Casey Anthony et al has taken "something" out of him. He's lost a little of his spark. I can relate.

lol Judge P was fine earlier this morning in dealing with the prior two case hearings. So it must be the ole boy CM magic at work?

In all my life I've never seen a DT with such personal attachment to a client as they are. It's like she is some golden calf they worship or something. They are full of venom when it comes to her. It's pretty pathetic.

IMO the only reason they so vehemently defend her is pure self-interest. They knew the case would give them fame and money (they're still hoping for that). They are taking this as far as they can go, still hoping for the big payday.

looks like at least 30 days for an answer

30 days? I guess HHJP is really stressing out over this. That's a long time...heck, I just want it coming in before her Morgan depo, that's all I care about.

Here's the question

The jury did find her guilty of lying to law enforcement about her missing child... causing all these LE people to continue a costly investigation. If it were not for the lies, they wouldn't have expended the money so it's their position that KC should pay back what her lies cost the tax payers of the State of Florida.

Mason asks where is justice for defense who won? Says #CaseyAnthony spent 3 years in jail and defense spent 1000's hrs on case. -jfell

Moxie the size of Alaska this CM has........................Well I'd sure like to give justice to the defense!

Don't know if it's moxie or just plain stupidity. Clearly if his client hadn't "lied" about Caylee's whereabouts, claiming a kidnapping, the defense wouldn't have had to spend any hours at all on this case.

Little short on the powers of deduction aren't you Mr. Mason??

??? Whether Casey harmed Caylee or not - she knew she was dead from the beginning. Period.
<modsnip>? The jury didn't seem to know. If anyone is to blame for this mess it's JA who LOST a case and now is writing a book. I keep asking with no answers where the proceeds to his book will go. He was outmaneuvered by a rookie. The whole State was outmaneuvered by JB. What a laugh. :waitasec:

Oh my .. more live audio

Don't know if it's moxie or just plain stupidity. Clearly if his client hadn't "lied" about Caylee's whereabouts, claiming a kidnapping, the defense wouldn't have had to spend any hours at all on this case.

Little short on the powers of deduction aren't you Mr. Mason??

Yeah, especially since most of those hours were spent by their investigators harasssing and digging up anything they could find on innocent people. I can't believe he said that, like he and Baez worked to the bone for Casey. Whatever, CM!

30 days? I guess HHJP is really stressing out over this. That's a long time...heck, I just want it coming in before her Morgan depo, that's all I care about.

He's got a two week trial coming up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back