It's Getting Old

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why, but I'm feeling kinda sad after reading all the posts. I know the day will come when Caylee may not have her forum, but I'm not ready for that yet. I'd miss you all too much. I do think there is more to come, but maybe that's my wishful thinking once again getting the best of me.

I am glad to see this thread. There is nothing to be done. What happened - happened. It will not be undone no matter if we rail and scream at the heavens or one another. It is.

Life has been a firestorm for me lately for many and varied reasons, and I have not been posting much on Websleuths. I read a few threads I follow and thank posts that speak to me or are informative and that is the size of it. Even before my absence began, I had already deleted my subscriptions to this case. Why? Because the verdict is what it is and no amount of debate, hate or argument will change that one iota. So to me, haunting those threads only brings hurt and anger into a heart already burdened by hurt and anger.

Take a deep breath. Walk away. It doesn't mean I am any less outraged by what was done to little Caylee. It doesn't mean that I am any less outraged by the verdict that was delivered. It means my efforts and emotion are useless in this case and can only hurt me further. There is nothing to be done. To honor this child, the best thing I can do is to channel that passion towards somewhere I can be useful.

Love to all the members who took this baby into their hearts and followed this case with me. I hope to enjoy your company on other threads and other cases. But for this one, it is time to move forward. To stay mired here in this anger and helplessness, it is not healthy, at least for me. I say that with all love and respect.

So please know my absence from posting on this case is not because I have forgotten Caylee Marie, or that I no longer care, but to avoid the very situation that must have prompted this thread.

I don't know why, but I'm feeling kinda sad after reading all the posts. I know the day will come when Caylee may not have her forum, but I'm not ready for that yet. I'd miss you all too much. I do think there is more to come, but maybe that's my wishful thinking once again getting the best of me.

IMO RR0004 there IS and WILL BE more to come, the ZFG case for one, which should be very interesting, but with all of the delays by the felon and her new atty., we have no idea when it will actually happen. I hope we can see and read the depos in that case, that should be interesting for starters. IMO, the felon will offend again, or get into some kind of trouble once her DT stops coddling her and lets her try to get on with her life, but that will probably take a while! And, hopefully folks here with the connections will continue to try to sleuth where the $$ is really going in the CA/GA New Foundation.

I am not ready at all to totally give up on this forum, either. Things here have just quieted down in actual substance to discuss in the past month or so. IMO, MOO. etc,

I am glad to see this thread. There is nothing to be done. What happened - happened. It will not be undone no matter if we rail and scream at the heavens or one another. It is.

Life has been a firestorm for me lately for many and varied reasons, and I have not been posting much on Websleuths. I read a few threads I follow and thank posts that speak to me or are informative and that is the size of it. Even before my absence began, I had already deleted my subscriptions to this case. Why? Because the verdict is what it is and no amount of debate, hate or argument will change that one iota. So to me, haunting those threads only brings hurt and anger into a heart already burdened by hurt and anger.

Take a deep breath. Walk away. It doesn't mean I am any less outraged by what was done to little Caylee. It doesn't mean that I am any less outraged by the verdict that was delivered. It means my efforts and emotion are useless in this case and can only hurt me further. There is nothing to be done. To honor this child, the best thing I can do is to channel that passion towards somewhere I can be useful.

Love to all the members who took this baby into their hearts and followed this case with me. I hope to enjoy your company on other threads and other cases. But for this one, it is time to move forward. To stay mired here in this anger and helplessness, it is not healthy, at least for me. I say that with all love and respect.

So please know my absence from posting on this case is not because I have forgotten Caylee Marie, or that I no longer care, but to avoid the very situation that must have prompted this thread.

You know what gives me comfort when things like this happen....a spiritualist once told me, there is a divine plan and we do not know what it is. What seems like a mistake, injustice is all part of it for now but at some point it will all make sense that things happen for a reason. We may not like it at the time but all of this will balance out. Because KC is who she is I think we will see it sooner than later. If she has learned her lesson and becomes a good and responsible citizen all the better. But my guess is we will hear from her soon. It's what she wants and she will do anything to get there. jmo

Nothing in this case turned out as I hoped it would .......I understand strong feelings on both sides and in the eight years I have been here at WS, I have never hit the ignore.

My most difficult part of this verdict is the fact that OCA will have the opportunity to have more children. If not for that I could accept the verdict and not look back.

I think that some of the problem lately at WS in this Caylee Marie topic is that there is not that much going on in this matter of late of real substance, and a lot of the "real" sleuthing came before the trial. I used to LOVE, LOVE to come here to read the detailed and intense picking-apart of the doc dumps, the emails, the potential PT and DT strategies, the pre-trial hearings, and the concrete evidence that may or may not have been used during the trial, and the differing opinions about that. That stuff was amazing. Then during the trial, it was interesting to post and read about what went on during that day, the good, bad and the ugly, talk about some of the key players, etc. Then right after the trial there was a lot of interesting posts about the verdict, the lawyers, the jury, the felon, the judge, etc., with emotions running REAL high, and it was good to post and read about that after 3 long years of watching this beast unfold.

The recent threads that held the most interest to me were the sighting of the felon in Ohio (lots of sleuthing was done to figure out where she was, although I have become a HUGE conspiracy theorist after dealing with the DT and think that a few of the posters "knew" were the felon was and gave good "hints" about that, lol ), the threads about the Caylee Memorial Walk and that foundation where sleuthers here delve into the administration and set-up of that foundation (amazing what information people here can come up with), etc., those type of things. Also, the lawyer thead really helps with concise questions and answers about probation, court costs, and other legal matters.

Now, however, (and I am not saying I am completely innocent of this), there is just not much going on, interest here has waned, so it has come down to OUR OWN OPINION about the PEOPLE THEMSELVES (the felon, JA, JB, CA, GA) in this saga, and people have strong opinions in that regard. I don't mind at all reading differing opinions. I don't, however, enjoy seeing the same poster say the exact same thing 20 times in one thread, posting every few minutes, or one poster commenting on just about every post in a thread saying the exact same thing, or the "drive by" posters who come in and post one sentence every few minutes to obviously derail the thread, those are the posts I would call "baiting". If someone gives an opinion and states exactly "why" that is their opinion, I would can read that and either agree or disagree. I think some of the threads will run their course, but we keep posting the same things (myself included) over and over and over.

I used to come here and spend a few hours reading the "new" threads and posts, now I can the same in about 15 minutes.....

IMO, those who come here solely to disrupt "win" when a thread is closed, or moved to the parking lot, or taken away by the mods and "cleaned up", they have achieved their purpose and I feel they are gloating, they have succeeded in why they come here, so they keep coming back for more. I am going to try not to feed into that from here on out and keep my posts to a minimum.

I am glad for the opportunity to share here on this as I have become totally frushtrated with the recent thread closings, or the thread moved to the parking lot, or the threads taken away and "cleaned-up" by the mods, etc. Again, I know I have participated in some of the problem......but I would like to thank the mods for acknowledging the problem and letting us comment here about it!

Thank you from the bottom on my heart NavySubMom, for expressing what I wanted to say or have been thinking about saying ever since this thread appeared. I - who have had a great deal to say at WS :great:, often to the consternation and headbanging :banghead: by many of my dear friends here who have given me time and room to express myself and to puzzle through aspects of this case -and this time I just haven't been able to put to words what I was thinking.

Coming back to the site with a broken heart barely pasted back together, I felt like I'd stepped into an entirely different world with entirely different rules. I was in the wild and woolly west, with no rules and no links needed. Unsettling is putting it mildly. It is one thing to express an opinion but to get chased repeated through a thread? By a poster who hasn't provided a link and hasn't studied the evidence? That's very new.

I understand that change is the only constant we see in life. I've been expecting change since the end of the trial and especially the not guilty verdict. This one however was sudden and so dramatic - a complete 180 in fact. I don't know if I will "move on" on not - but I do know I will be forever grateful for the magical 2.5 years of camaraderie I experienced on the trial and pre-trial threads and for that I thank the many friends at WS I've known and loved - even if they didn't agree with me!

There is more to come, Nittany. We have the civil trials (hopefully) and the probation violations to look for. :giggle:

I have been a bad person here and for that I am so sorry. I have let my temper get the best of me. Thank you all for the wake up call. I shall tow the line.
At first after the verdict I couldn't sign in because I knew that I would let my anger flow to my finger tips. Maybe I need to go back to that for awhile. I love WS and don't want to be banned.
I'm unable to tell you how many times I had written a post that I knew I wasn't going post for all to see, it did help me to just write it down.
Please forgive me for my very bad behavior.
Thank you each and every one of you.

ETA:
logicalgirl, you have been my one constant here, you have no idea how much I'm grateful for you. Thank you.

Thank you from the bottom on my heart NavySubMom, for expressing what I wanted to say or have been thinking about saying ever since this thread appeared. I - who have had a great deal to say at WS :great:, often to the consternation and headbanging :banghead: by many of my dear friends here who have given me time and room to express myself and to puzzle through aspects of this case -and this time I just haven't been able to put to words what I was thinking.

Coming back to the site with a broken heart barely pasted back together, I felt like I'd stepped into an entirely different world with entirely different rules. I was in the wild and woolly west, with no rules and no links needed. Unsettling is putting it mildly. It is one thing to express an opinion but to get chased repeated through a thread? By a poster who hasn't provided a link and hasn't studied the evidence? That's very new.

I understand that change is the only constant we see in life. I've been expecting change since the end of the trial and especially the not guilty verdict. This one however was sudden and so dramatic - a complete 180 in fact. I don't know if I will "move on" on not - but I do know I will be forever grateful for the magical 2.5 years of camaraderie I experienced on the trial and pre-trial threads and for that I thank the many friends at WS I've known and loved - even if they didn't agree with me!

I just wanted to let you know I look forward to your excellent posts. Always on point and eloquent. Hoping you will hang in there. The outcome of this trial has been very difficult for those of us who saw Justice fall by the wayside.

You hit the nail on the head,NavySubMom.

IIRC,shortly after the verdict one of the mods suggested we help out on the cold cases ( I think :waitasec: Y'all know I have a bad memory :crazy: ) .
That's an excellent way to put good sleuthing skills to use.

I'm not good at sleuthing ,not fast enough,so I consider myself a commentator and cheerleader ,LOL.

I don't want to lose my dear WS friends ,but we're limited in this case. The truth is,there are a lot of Caylee's and Casey's out there.
And let's not forget our good friend at WS, who's not only endured the murder of her brother and sister in law,but the trial has been postponed for years ,now.
Caylee brought many of us here and we can honor her by trying to help others . JMO

Great post, MissJames - re bold - I too am not the greatest sleuther either, and am AMAZED at our great WSers sleuthers here!! :woohoo: i.e. the Ohio pictures! I try to help where I can i.e. the "jury list" for this trial and now keeping a TimeLine for the Robyn Gardner case!

OCA will bring us more news soon - I just feel it! LOL!

Thanks Mods!

IMO RR0004 there IS and WILL BE more to come, the ZFG case for one, which should be very interesting, but with all of the delays by the felon and her new atty., we have no idea when it will actually happen. I hope we can see and read the depos in that case, that should be interesting for starters. IMO, the felon will offend again, or get into some kind of trouble once her DT stops coddling her and lets her try to get on with her life, but that will probably take a while! And, hopefully folks here with the connections will continue to try to sleuth where the $$ is really going in the CA/GA New Foundation.

I am not ready at all to totally give up on this forum, either. Things here have just quieted down in actual substance to discuss in the past month or so. IMO, MOO. etc,

Caylee's forum and friends made on the forum doesn't need to ever go away as long as we keep coming back :grouphug: There is still much to discuss and follow. Caylee brought us together and I love it here.

I think this family and members of the DT will remain in the public eye for years to come. I hope my comment about helping out with other cases didn't come across as abandoning Caylee's forum. Never.
And we can still have the :pillowfight2::trout: without the :deadhorse: , :slapfight: and :argue:

JMO

I think for the most part since I've joined this board is actually one of the best ran out there considering how many people are on here. It's ran pretty well. Sometimes I will see a few baddies or baiters on here, but I manage to ignore them and figure out what their scheme is up front.

A big shout-out to the mods for being on top of things.

Dear Members posting in Caylee's Forum,

Please understand that WS appreciates your participation in these threads. There is still much to discuss in Caylee's case, including the upcoming ZF trial, the state's efforts to collect some of the money it expended in this case, the Brace profile, the foundation and a number of other things.

What we are asking you to refrain from discussing is the "hate." We know and understand that the verdict in Casey's trial was shocking to say the least. We get it.

We know and understand that there was much underhandedness by many of the players in the case. We get it.

These things have been discussed to the point that NO new points are being made. It has pretty much all been said. The mods are tired of referreeing all the bicking and hate posts. We are asking you to stop.

Having said that, we understand that it takes a while to process what happened and get to a point where some of us can move forward. We are not trying to rush your individual progess. BUT we do need to move Caylee's forum forward.

To that end, we suggest that when you feel the need to post a rant, a hate post or a post attacking another poster, that instead you try doing anyone of the following things (or any other thing that helps you refrain from making a post that is likely to get you in trouble):

Type the post BUT do not hit the post button. Instead, get up and stand beside your chair and stomp your feet a bit and let out a really, really loud ARGGGGGGGGGGGG! Then sit back down, take a deep breath and delete your post. Don't post it.

Breath deeply and decide to move past the post that is upsetting you.

Stay out of the threads that tend to push your buttons.

Put posters that upset you on ignore, so you won't see their posts.

Anything else that will help you to refrain from making a post that will not only get you in trouble, but will derail the thread.

Here is a link to the thread on dealing with your fellow posters: Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Take a look and see if there is anything else there that will help you.

We do appreciate your participation in Caylee's forum and we look forward to moving Caylee's forum forward.

Sincerely,

The Caylee Mods

I like steak......did I miss my invitation in the mail?????

Do you have chicken? if so I am in.

Great post, MissJames - re bold - I too am not the greatest sleuther either, and am AMAZED at our great WSers sleuthers here!! :woohoo: i.e. the Ohio pictures! I try to help where I can i.e. the "jury list" for this trial and now keeping a TimeLine for the Robyn Gardner case!
OCA will bring us more news soon - I just feel it! LOL!

Thanks Mods!

I can't find out much information about this case and I'm surprised because the Holloway case was so well covered??????

I'm new to posting here at WS, having read here for years and years. I finally got up the nerve to become an official member. I'm hoping in my short time here, I have not been perceived as baiting, but I do admit I have responded probably when I should have let it go. I can say that everyone has been very welcoming and it's much appreciated! At the end of the day, I believe we all share one important thing in common, seeing justice for victims. Although we may differ in our opinions, read the same documents different, watch the same trial and disagree, these are the very reasons I came here, signed up and did my first post. The "sleuther's" here at WS are the best of the best. Sometimes, I bow at my computer in their honor, truly amazing.

Thanks to the mods for all your tireless, thankless, dedication and hard work!

Just one more comment in this thread and then I'll leave it alone.

When I posted pretrial and during the trial for that matter - I and other posters were very clear that we had the right to our opinions. How we arrived at those opinions was up for discussion, but our own opinion wasn't wrong, the arrival to that opinion often was.

For me, my right is to have an opinion - but I've always been very clear that I know that my opinion isn't necessarily "right". For anyone else besides me.

I hope that made some sense....:waitasec:

This board would be very boring if everybody would think/perceive things the same way I do . Matter of fact , that would make reading other posts a waste of time,since you would only read things that you knew/thought already.
I do not use the ignore button. Afraid I might miss something good.
As to baiting, am pretty dense in that aspect, therefor I have never experienced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine