What happens when JR dies?

Let's assume BR knows nothing.

Is the case truly over at that point?

Hypothetical I know, but...

horatio,
I think unresolved homicide cases are never closed. But realistically they probably become archived and eventually ignored?

Also any form of official closure would mean the forensic evidence could become available for public review.

So I'll guess as long as Burke is alive it might keep its current cold case status?

Once John has passed on Burke will be free to talk. I think he will, the case is far to big for it not to have impressed itself upon him.

Would they be able to exhume the body, or does the yes/no then pass on to BR or other relatives?

Would they be able to exhume the body, or does the yes/no then pass on to BR or other relatives?

With both parents dead, it would fall to her next of kin, which is her brother. After that, it would be a bit complicated, assuming grandpa P is dead by then, I suppose Patsy's sisters would be next.

At this point, exhumation may or may not really give any answers. A child may be a skeleton within 5 years, and adult up to 10. Some bodies decompose faster then others, and embalming does not prevent it. If what they are looking for is whether the marks on her are stun gun marks, the flesh containing them may not be intact at this point. It's been over 14 years in the Georgia climate.

What happens when JR dies? I guess we can count on Miss WV's photo to remain hanging in a restaurant. Good grief...

Attachments

• Miss WVA.JPG
    Miss WVA.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 85
horatio,
I think unresolved homicide cases are never closed. But realistically they probably become archived and eventually ignored?

Also any form of official closure would mean the forensic evidence could become available for public review.

So I'll guess as long as Burke is alive it might keep its current cold case status?

Once John has passed on Burke will be free to talk. I think he will, the case is far to big for it not to have impressed itself upon him.

I would love to think you are correct, and I would love for Burke to tell us everything he knows, but I honestly don't see that happening. He has no reason to say anything at all, unfortunately.

horatio,

I wonder what the statistics are on cold/unsolved cases? How many are there? How many cold cases actually get solved? What's the oldest cold case on file is? How many are solved by DNA &/or confessions?

I'm sure it's hard for the PD to admit that a case can't or won't ever be solved; probably because there's no limitations on murder, there's always a hope (albeit slim) for prosecution in the future.

Hypothetical I know, but...

I don't think this high profile "whodunit" type murder will ever be "over" until it is solved. Back- burnered maybe, on a high shelf maybe, but never "over" in lieu of being "solved".

I don't think BR knows anything that would bust the case wide open, but stranger things HAVE happened.

JMO

I wonder what the statistics are on cold/unsolved cases? How many are there? How many cold cases actually get solved? What's the oldest cold case on file is? How many are solved by DNA &/or confessions?

I'm sure it's hard for the PD to admit that a case can't or won't ever be solved; probably because there's no limitations on murder, there's always a hope (albeit slim) for prosecution in the future.

horatio,
Cold case reviews are usually political in nature, sometimes those that deserve a good look over are ignored, and the easy option is selected.

Because the Ramsey case has cold case status implies there is politics at work. Without this status more evidence would be available to the public. Cold case statistics are low in number, I would not place any importance on their relevance.

About 40% of murders every year go unsolved. That would be approximately 6400 cases a year. I'm not sure what the oldest cold case on file is, but it seems for a lot of major cities, their oldest cold case is anytime from the 1930s to the 1960s.

I would love to think you are correct, and I would love for Burke to tell us everything he knows, but I honestly don't see that happening. He has no reason to say anything at all, unfortunately.

SunnieRN,
mmm, well if you know anyone who has worked in the media, they will tell you this is a story waiting to break.

Burke will become open season once his father dies. He will know this and no comment will not shut up the journo's looking for another angle on an old story.

Importantly Burke will be free to talk, he can say anything he wants, without his father gainsaying him. Currently he is Father's protegy, he looks to inherit the family name and fortune including all the Ramsey companies. This is why his father's marriage is relevant, how does it impact upon Burke and his future?

Burke is unlikely to tell us everything he knows, but consider this, if he is innocent, then he can wipe the slate clean with a well timed news conference, answering questions that have to date remained unaswered. He can say things he knows rule him out without implicating other family members.

Unless Burke is a sociopath I expect to see a documentary with him in leading role telling us why he never killed JonBenet!

good luck with those great expectations.

i don't see why any of the ramsey family lawyers would ever let him talk even after his father died... unless he wanted to bad enough for some reason.

good luck with those great expectations.

i don't see why any of the ramsey family lawyers would ever let him talk even after his father died... unless he wanted to bad enough for some reason.

Whaleshark,
Ramsey lawyers go out the window once John Ramsey dies. The lawyers are there to preserve the status quo, their fees depend upon this.

Without John Ramsey the legal circus is over. Everyone knows that Burke is free to talk. If he does not talk the whispers about his involvement will continue. So a nice compromise is a documentary outlining his innocence. Remember the documentaries daddy bankrolled?

I fully expect Burke to talk once his father passes on!

I definitely cannot see Burke making a documentary telling everyone why he is innocent. He has nothing to gain by doing that. It will just make him look more suspicious. People would wonder why is he trying to prove something that he was 'cleared' of. There's a big difference between a documentary pushing the intruder theory and a documentary that focuses on why Burke, specifically, is innocent.

What documentaries did John bankroll?

I definitely cannot see Burke making a documentary telling everyone why he is innocent. He has nothing to gain by doing that. It will just make him look more suspicious. People would wonder why is he trying to prove something that he was 'cleared' of. There's a big difference between a documentary pushing the intruder theory and a documentary that focuses on why Burke, specifically, is innocent.

eileenhawkeye,
Lets say, a few.

Burke, per se, is not required to make a documentary, but events may require him to do so. Silence will not be an option, particularly once the media become involved.

Exact names? Why are you being discreet...?

What do you mean by "once the media becomes involved"?

If anything comes out after John Ramsey dies, I think it will be in the form of a book deal, and could be written by either Burke or John A. More than a key to the actual murder it will be a key to growing up Ramsey, and raise just as many questions as it answers.

If anything comes out after John Ramsey dies, I think it will be in the form of a book deal, and could be written by either Burke or John A. More than a key to the actual murder it will be a key to growing up Ramsey, and raise just as many questions as it answers.

I agree, this might be the most we'll get. I hope they close the case after JR dies though. LE & the state bungled the case at the outset and now it's in a perpetual state of limbo.

Unless there's a confession, we'll never know for sure what really happened, but I'm sure most of us probably can use our common sense and figure it out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd
Back