TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unbelievable how little national attention is paid to this baby...a baby disappears from his home and no one thinks that is a big story?? Look at the attention Elizabeth Smart had...and she was not an infant. I just don't get it...

Does anyone know how thoroughly the LE investigated what happened in the days prior to the family reporting him missing?

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/parents-mark-birthday-of-missing-new-braunfels-toddler-1735414.html

snipped

The search involved the FBI, Texas Rangers and search-and-rescue dogs. Hundreds of volunteers combed brushy scrubland and dense thickets near the subdivision where the family lived.

Six months later, Joshua is still missing. No body has been found. No suspects. And no solid leads.

Purvis wouldn't say whether investigators believe Joshua was abducted.

"One of the things we've never had is a good, solid tip that allows us to move in any particular direction, to really get it going, really dive into the investigation," he said. Without any new leads, it could become a cold case, he said.

Detectives have exhausted every lead, Purvis said, and the Texas Rangers and FBI are still assisting as needed.

"A lot of this stuff remains a mystery," Purvis said. "We're always looking for that extra clue that will help us break the case open.

I'm so sad that he has not been found...

This is just WRONG! Somebody knows and is too selfish to end this. Sickening.

Today is Joshy's second Birthday. I hope he is safe, warm and fed.

Where are you little one?

*bump*

296041_226060200774885_100001127199068_552867_4009120_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lets-FIND-Joshua-Davis/161420443907206?sk=photos

New pictures posted of this sweet boy!

Oh my... this poor baby is still missing? :no:

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/parents-mark-birthday-of-missing-new-braunfels-toddler-1735414.html

snipped

The search involved the FBI, Texas Rangers and search-and-rescue dogs. Hundreds of volunteers combed brushy scrubland and dense thickets near the subdivision where the family lived.

Six months later, Joshua is still missing. No body has been found. No suspects. And no solid leads.

Purvis wouldn't say whether investigators believe Joshua was abducted.

"One of the things we've never had is a good, solid tip that allows us to move in any particular direction, to really get it going, really dive into the investigation," he said. Without any new leads, it could become a cold case, he said.

Detectives have exhausted every lead, Purvis said, and the Texas Rangers and FBI are still assisting as needed.

"A lot of this stuff remains a mystery," Purvis said. "We're always looking for that extra clue that will help us break the case open.

I'm so sad that he has not been found...

Extra clue? Are there any clues? I can't believe how this child's face is not everywhere. You have to dig to find anything. Clues are not going to come in with zero media.

Extra clue? Are there any clues? I can't believe how this child's face is not everywhere. You have to dig to find anything. Clues are not going to come in with zero media.

Sure they could. They may not get many tips reported but a clue could be anything.... someone finding a small scrap of clothing, a shoe, even a shoelace. Or someone talking. Anything can be a clue. It just takes the right investigator to figure it out.

Sure they could. They may not get many tips reported but a clue could be anything.... someone finding a small scrap of clothing, a shoe, even a shoelace. Or someone talking. Anything can be a clue. It just takes the right investigator to figure it out.

Assuming that what the baby was wearing has been all over the news often enough for the odd person to recognize a scrap of clothing, a shoe, etc...If they've said what Joshua had on, they haven't said it very often, or shown look-a-like items, to my knowledge. People moving into an area six or seven months afterward may not even know about this disappearance. JMO

Early on they released a pic of the exact outfit he had on... an undershirt a plaid shirt over it, and jeans... I can't remember the rest.

Assuming that what the baby was wearing has been all over the news often enough for the odd person to recognize a scrap of clothing, a shoe, etc...If they've said what Joshua had on, they haven't said it very often, or shown look-a-like items, to my knowledge. People moving into an area six or seven months afterward may not even know about this disappearance. JMO

There is a billboard up on the local highway, with a second going up on the other side of town.

There are also posters up all over the area with his picture.

Early on they released a pic of the exact outfit he had on... an undershirt a plaid shirt over it, and jeans... I can't remember the rest.

Pants, plaid shirt over a Onsy, diaper and white sox with a dark stripe. No shoes, hat, jacket (outerwear) was ever mentioned.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local...of-missing-new-braunfels-toddler-1735414.html

snippets:
Davis and Benitez no longer live at the house on Savannah Hill Circle. They've moved in with Benitez's mother, who lives about three miles away, with their new son, Jeidan.

Benitez said people in their community have pulled away from her and Davis since Joshua disappeared.

I believe their behavior has added to people distancing themselves.

It was reported early on that SB and JB were out at local establishments and were drinking.

When it was reported that Baby J had been placed out of the home by CPS - SB, JD and supporters loudly denied it. It was later revealed Baby J was placed with SB's mom due to SB's marijuana use.

Awhile ago a family member asked for others to contact the media re Josh's continued missing status or supply the family with media contacts. I have it on excellent authority that a list was provided to the family member that had been used during another case - no reply was ever received. That's just odd to me when someone has asked for assistance...

I'm not trying to paint this family in a bad light, I feel for them and I don't think there is one right way to behave under the circumstances, but I don't think they are doing themselves any favors.

The bottom line is that someone knows where Joshua is and they just aren't talking. Little boys just don't vanish into thin air! I pray someone will start talking soon!

Snow, a rare event in New Braunfels, started coming down around 3:00AM that cold February morning. Did SB or SB and JD want Joshy to witness his first snowfall when he awoke later that morning? Hard to resist baby's first snowfall, and taking a picture for his baby album.

Maybe Joshy's feet never touched the ground because he was being held closely to protect him from the cold as much as possible, but maybe the chill to his lungs started an asthma attack from which he never recovered.

Little Joshy had already been hospitalized for asthma approximately 5 times in his brief life, but maybe it had been awhile since his last asthma attack, and his parents thought he was getting better so they risked taking him out.

Could this be a case of young parents so overjoyed for their son to see his first snowfall, their negligence resulted in Joshy's accidental death? He was a fragile child.

Perhaps afterwards, and since SB was pregnant, they panicked for fear their baby-on-the-way would be taken away from them permanently because they had been careless. Was Joshy secretly buried sometime on the 4th.?

If this is what happened, it would be a sad, tragic end to a sweet baby's life, and a most unfortunate accident. I don't think SB and/or JD would ever mean any harm to come to little Joshy, but it possibly did, and maybe the truth has just gotten harder and harder to tell the longer this has gone on. Did panic cause them to fabricate a story of Joshy disappearing? Perhaps it never dawned on them how many people, how much equipment and resources would be launched to find Joshy, and they felt like they couldn't go back, and reveal the truth. Perhaps fear has been the motivating force all along.

It's just a theory that hit me one day last week when I was thinking where on earth is this precious baby, and what other scenario could have happened that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave