Dr. Phil w/George and Cindy Anthony Air Date 9/13 and 9/14 2011 Thead # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148163"]Dr. Phil with George and Cindy Thread # 1[/ame]

Please continue your discussion of Dr. Phil here.

````````````````````````````````````````````````

I was responding to a post and thread closed by the time I finished :innocent: thought something else :innocent: ... not sure how to carry the quote over ... anyway ... it was about Mr. Lippman, the A's attorney ...

Interesting that we have not heard from Mr. Lippman since these interviews aired.

If he has any sense at all, as well as if he wants to continue to practice as an attorney in Florida ... he should drop the Anthony's like a "hot potato" ... and fast !

Any attorney who would represent the Anthony's -- after seeing these interviews with Phil McGraw -- needs to seriously have their head "examined ...

Oh yeah ... the publicity and $$$$$ ... the A's are not worth it ...

MOO ...

It is my opinion that Dr Phil can "read" Cindy pretty well because they share at least one common trait. They both expect others to do what they say, not what they do. Dr Phil is big on telling people exactly what he thinks is wrong with them and how they are doing the wrong things. Dr Phil has said numerous times that *advertiser censored* is wrong, completely wrong, and yet one of his sons is married to a former Playmate. But that must be ok in Phil's mind, after all he was all for the union of the two. Dr Phil also has said numerous times that you finish the relationship you are in before you begin another one. If you know that you want out of your marriage you get divorced before you begin dating. However, Dr Phil did not have his first marriage annuled yet before he began dating his current wife Robin. Even though Dr Phil claims to want to help people it appears that he is more interested in higher ratings that equal to more money in his bank account. This has been shown by the steady decline of the type of show that he now produces. Once upon a time hubby and I watched Dr Phil because he appeared to really be interested in doing good with people that needed help. Then his shows became more of the Jerry Springer type and we decided that he simply was not worth our time anymore. I truly do not believe that he is trying to help Cindy come to terms with anything. If he was he would continue with the questioning that would get to the real heart of the problem. However, they apparently make good ratings for his show (or so he thought) that he determined ticking off some of his loyal viewers was worth it in the end.

MOO

George comes off as the better of the two. He is almost there. I think he is a conspiracy type of guy. A little paranoia is common amongst LE types. It's normal.

There are some real mental challenges suffered by both of their offspring as both siblings suffer from a personality disorder. Lee is not working. I doubt casey will ever work. George and cindy are not going to work either. They are all living off the Government...at least that is the way it looks to me.

The kids were raised in a very permissive environment. Whenever GA would try to lay down the law, he was forced out. Cindy controlled him. Even the night of the car towing, she told him she would handle it. She snuck off and got casey. I bet she never told GA what she was doing. She has been running amok for a very long time.

Since she was the breadwinner, GA bowed at the feet. We have no idea how Lee behaved when young but the man I saw on the stand had serious mental issues with his family. He was most likely ignored in favor of his princess sister who was dressed up and groomed as a child of a different socio-economic class. Oh how cindy wanted to be part of the upper class. She was determined.

Everything was for appearances. The perfect home, children, cars, etc were the way she was going to achieve it. If they had pimples, by darn, she would make sure the pimples were NOT going to destroy their looks...off to the Dr. No problem seeing docs when it involves improving the child's appearance.

Caylee was edging out kc in the house. Their was a new focus. kc, their little princess was being replaced with a newer and better version. The handwriting was on the wall. kc now had to get out at night and search for men to tell her beautiful she is.

Cindy also doesn't like kc being in the middle between Caylee and herself. Emotions are running high. The reason cindy says it just started when Caylee was born was that was the first time she had to deal with the problem. There was a rival in casey's life. casey's role as she knew it, was over. She is still cindy's daughter but now she was given the term "mother". She didn't like it but cindy better not try to take it away from her either.

There were two controlling, manipulative women living under the same roof. Both of them vying for the attention of Caylee. One was going to win and one was going to lose. Cindy had power due to cindy had money...she could dangle that carrot in front of casey forever. cindy knew her daughter wasn't working. Cindy was playing her. She was also saving on babysitting by having her watch Caylee during the day.

Cindy had won the role of "mommy" for Caylee. Casey was the nanny and boy did she hate it. She did not like babysitting for cindy all day. She made up the job thing to fool her friends and give her an identity when she goes out. Cindy was more than glad to be with Caylee...but cindy was getting tired sometimes. She wanted casey to do her share. Dollars to donuts casey told her 'no' that she had caylee all day and she wanted to go out at night. Cindy owes her, d#$nit!

My Take: There was a rivalry going on in that house like the world has not seen. When cindy would come home, casey would hold caylee, trying to keep cindy from grabbing her. casey wanted it both ways. She couldn't have it though...not anymore. cindy had the upper hand. After almost three years of this, casey decided to take matters into her own hands. Cindy was going to pay for getting physical with her. It is very likely cindy and her got into it with casey being on the floor and cindy stronger than her may have tried slapped her or worse.

cindy tells us she is on a quest to find out what really happened. I don't think she wants to find out what happened to Caylee. She wants to find out what made casey kill Caylee...but she speaks in terms of "I want to learn what happened to my daughter". She is smart enough to figure it out but will never do it...for that would mean cindy would have to take responsibility for what she did...by allowing her daughter to lie about her job, friends, stealing, conning people. See cindy knew the entire time casey was lying. She knew something terrible happened to Caylee. She knew it when she wrote the myspace page.

Cindy is lying to the public. She is not in denial. She knows but doesn't want to confront those fears. George has known from the first day. They both, together with Baez, pulled the wool over everyone's eyes for six months, insisting Caylee was alive and sending the entire police force on phoney leads.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/it-...t-get-second-day-bump-dr-phil-debuts-as-no-1/
It Wasn’t Tennis: ‘Anderson’ Doesn’t Get Second-Day Bump, ‘Dr. Phil’ Debuts No. 1

---snipped-----

. Meanwhile, the premiere of veteran talker Dr. Phil, which was pushed to
Tuesday due to U.S. Open-related pre-emptions on the CBS stations, posted a 4.6 household rating for its exclusive interview with the parents of Casey Anthony.

It was Dr. Phil`s highest-rated season premiere in 7 years, up 92% from last season's opener. Dr. Phil led the syndicated talk show pack yesterday, including Regis & Kelly (2.7/10), Dr. Oz (2.5/7), Ellen (2.3/6) and Maury (1.6/5).

http://www.deadline.com/2011/09/it-...t-get-second-day-bump-dr-phil-debuts-as-no-1/
It Wasn’t Tennis: ‘Anderson’ Doesn’t Get Second-Day Bump, ‘Dr. Phil’ Debuts No. 1

---snipped-----

Tuesday due to U.S. Open-related pre-emptions on the CBS stations, posted a 4.6 household rating for its exclusive interview with the parents of Casey Anthony.

It was Dr. Phil`s highest-rated season premiere in 7 years, up 92% from last season's opener. Dr. Phil led the syndicated talk show pack yesterday, including Regis & Kelly (2.7/10), Dr. Oz (2.5/7), Ellen (2.3/6) and Maury (1.6/5).
Well...I'm proud to say I wasn't one of them!

So appreciate those who did and kept us informed.

I'm watching Nancy Grace show here.....I didn't watch the Dr. Phil episodes, but saw enough to know that Cindy cannot grasp that her own daughter was capable of killing her precious Caylee. George is capable kinda. He had to throw in the part that someone else was involved, but I don't think George believes that in his heart. That was just an appeasement for mama Cindy IMO. I certainly hope this turns out to be a life lesson for parents to be aware of their youngins.....and, by the way, if Cindy has been in so-called "Therapy" with someone, she needs to find a new Therapist for help.

Something to think about: Has anyone ever seen CA wear the same outfit twice? It was a comment about big spending that got me thinking about this.

I cannot stress enough that Cindy Anthony is NOT in denial.
Cindy is still in cover up mode with her lame lies of excuses for her murdering daughter.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/14/cindy-anthony-tot-mom-acquittal-was-justice-for-caylee/?hpt=ng_t2

"I was told that Caylee was found in a different spot than where Casey thought she was," Cindy said. She suggested this was why Casey never admitted the truth: if she said Caylee drowned but could not produce her body, nobody would believe her.

That is ringing in my poor head.

I've seen this before where dr phil lets the interview-ees talk and talk until they hang themselves. And then there's a follow-up show where he busts them. (and some of them have been literally busted by the police based on what he has uncovered), He challenged CA a few times, but not really on this, and I think for good reason.

IMO KC floated out the drowning story very early on to LA ,and LA told CA ( CA: a reporter said that maybe Caylee drowned. KC , sarcastically: 'surprise, surprise' as in 'I knew my stupid brother would tell mom what I confided in him') However, the problem was that Caylee's remains couldn't be found where she said they were.

I think dr phil is leaving this interview open-ended because he's working on tying together the other players who may have unwittingly or wittingly played a part in searching in that area, based on what KC was saying.

Dr. Phil also said that he was going to be making a 'donation' to a charity that GA and CA are going to be setting up. It is rumoured that the Ants were shopping around their first interview for 500,000 and they are desperate for income. I think CA wanted the money, but she also wanted to do damage control on her family's image - the interview had to be with a respected source.

My guess is that dr phill said yes to the 500,000, played dumb and said let's set up a charity to deposit it into, separate and apart from the charity you're already attached to and drawing an income from. Let's just talk, we'll air it in a few parts and hammer out the details of the 'donation'. Dr phil may be completely earnest in wanting it to be a charitable donation, CA is probably thinking that the money will still end up in her hands.

There are a lot of respected children's charities that are already set up that could accept the money in Caylee's name. Why a new Caylee charity?

The money is still in the air I believe for a reason: dr phil is going to get the rest of the story, and the Ants will have to come back to answer to what they've uncovered in order to get their payday. When have we seen CA so agreeable when answering questions on this topic? When it benefits her.

My guess is that CA and LA knew about KC's drowning story early on and promised to support her, although they also probably may have thought it was just another BS story. GA was sort of left out of the loop, and was brought into the loop by baez shortly before the trial. However, GA made it loud and clear he would no longer support KC's BS. (Hence the overkill of GA's reputation and reputed involvement in the aftermath of Caylee's death at the trial. Best defence is a good offence).

note: I have only watched a few of dr phil's shows, but the few I have seen have been these 'gotcha' investigations. One was about parents who shoplift, and the parents were subsequently arrested.

Hey, Y'all.....It is very easy for me to judge with no children, but I know my Mom would stick up for me no matter what. That is what Moms do. I've got one little Schnauzer that if he got loose somehow and bit a neighbor, I would stick up for him no doubt.....War Eagle and you had better watch out for those Panthers!!! :great:

---snipped-----

This crap’s like the script to a bad movie........

lights-camera-action.jpg

Grandpa George: "I believe something else happened to her. ... I believe Casey or someone else she was with possibly gave too much to Caylee. She fell asleep and didn't wake up," he said.

Kindly “Doctor” Phil: **Gasp** "Too much WHAT?"

Grandpa George: "Possibly some kind of drug or something like that."

Really Hip, All Knowing Grandma Cindy: "We disagree about this. ... I'm really kind of shocked to hear that today."

*Camera segues to Really Hip, All Knowing Grandma Cindy’s next pearl of wisdom*:

Really Hip, All Knowing Grandma Cindy: "He is finally getting that out in the open, then I think that's a good thing for him because he's held so much in," she said.

The End

Awww....sniff, sniff......”He’s held SO much in”

Do people REALLY watch this show, "Dr. Phil" ? That amazes me. Must have been a lot of money involved to get so little out of KC's parents.....

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/14/cindy-anthony-tot-mom-acquittal-was-justice-for-caylee/?hpt=ng_t2

[quote]"I was told that Caylee was found in a different spot than where Casey thought she was," [/B]Cindy said. She suggested this was why Casey never admitted the truth: if she said Caylee drowned but could not produce her body, nobody would believe her.

That is ringing in my poor head.

(snipped for space)

note: I have only watched a few of dr phil's shows, but the few I have seen have been these 'gotcha' investigations. One was about parents who shoplift, and the parents were subsequently arrested.

The ridiculous thing is - that is true - Caylee was found in a different "spot" that where Casey dumped her! Just how brain dead are you Cindy?

Did you completely not listen during the trial? Did you not hear Jeff Ashton and both experts testify that little Caylee's body had been torn apart by scavengers and scattered over half an acre of land? And it took all those techs on their hands and knees carefully sifting for a week and they still didn't retrieve all of it.

Unbelievable Cindy - just unbelievable!

Do people REALLY watch this show, "Dr. Phil" ? That amazes me. Must have been a lot of money involved to get so little out of KC's parents.....

I will deny watching him if anyone asks me :snooty: I will play my cancer card if I'm pressed on the issue (it was during chemo! too weak to find the remote in order to switch the channel!)

Caylee was a precious baby. I am done with all this sideshow BS. I really feel for TONY. I hope he is doing well.

I will deny watching him if anyone asks me :snooty: I will play my cancer card if I'm pressed on the issue (it was during chemo! too weak to find the remote in order to switch the channel!)

If you are undergoing treatment I wish you all the very best and hope it is not too gruelling for you. Also, I think you have a free pass to watch anything you want to! Stay strong. :)

I didn't watch the interview but I do appreciate all who did and posted their thoughts, feelings and observations of the ants. Just when I think these ahem people cannot possibly get any more callouse or indifferent towards Caylee, wah la, there it is! George needs to stay with Cindy, not because its the right thing to do, but together they make up almost a whole person. Almost. Egads. Will someone promise me if I ever act like either of them to please put me out of my misery? You can do whatever with my shell, ya know, I aint usin that anymore.blah blah makes me think that it wasnt only kc thinking dumping her daughter was no different than burying a pet, only the pets got a family funeral then were replaced. They have insulted every ones intelligence, well, there may be 12 or 14 more that lack any brains what so ever. Great theories, discussions, a great read! Ty! . :deadhorse: <-- Cindys excuses

George comes off as the better of the two. He is almost there. I think he is a conspiracy type of guy. A little paranoia is common amongst LE types. It's normal.

There are some real mental challenges suffered by both of their offspring as both siblings suffer from a personality disorder. Lee is not working. I doubt casey will ever work. George and cindy are not going to work either. They are all living off the Government...at least that is the way it looks to me.

The kids were raised in a very permissive environment. Whenever GA would try to lay down the law, he was forced out. Cindy controlled him. Even the night of the car towing, she told him she would handle it. She snuck off and got casey. I bet she never told GA what she was doing. She has been running amok for a very long time.

Since she was the breadwinner, GA bowed at the feet. We have no idea how Lee behaved when young but the man I saw on the stand had serious mental issues with his family. He was most likely ignored in favor of his princess sister who was dressed up and groomed as a child of a different socio-economic class. Oh how cindy wanted to be part of the upper class. She was determined.

Everything was for appearances. The perfect home, children, cars, etc were the way she was going to achieve it. If they had pimples, by darn, she would make sure the pimples were NOT going to destroy their looks...off to the Dr. No problem seeing docs when it involves improving the child's appearance.

Caylee was edging out kc in the house. Their was a new focus. kc, their little princess was being replaced with a newer and better version. The handwriting was on the wall. kc now had to get out at night and search for men to tell her beautiful she is.

Cindy also doesn't like kc being in the middle between Caylee and herself. Emotions are running high. The reason cindy says it just started when Caylee was born was that was the first time she had to deal with the problem. There was a rival in casey's life. casey's role as she knew it, was over. She is still cindy's daughter but now she was given the term "mother". She didn't like it but cindy better not try to take it away from her either.

There were two controlling, manipulative women living under the same roof. Both of them vying for the attention of Caylee. One was going to win and one was going to lose. Cindy had power due to cindy had money...she could dangle that carrot in front of casey forever. cindy knew her daughter wasn't working. Cindy was playing her. She was also saving on babysitting by having her watch Caylee during the day.

Cindy had won the role of "mommy" for Caylee. Casey was the nanny and boy did she hate it. She did not like babysitting for cindy all day. She made up the job thing to fool her friends and give her an identity when she goes out. Cindy was more than glad to be with Caylee...but cindy was getting tired sometimes. She wanted casey to do her share. Dollars to donuts casey told her 'no' that she had caylee all day and she wanted to go out at night. Cindy owes her, d#$nit!

My Take: There was a rivalry going on in that house like the world has not seen. When cindy would come home, casey would hold caylee, trying to keep cindy from grabbing her. casey wanted it both ways. She couldn't have it though...not anymore. cindy had the upper hand. After almost three years of this, casey decided to take matters into her own hands. Cindy was going to pay for getting physical with her. It is very likely cindy and her got into it with casey being on the floor and cindy stronger than her may have tried slapped her or worse.

cindy tells us she is on a quest to find out what really happened. I don't think she wants to find out what happened to Caylee. She wants to find out what made casey kill Caylee...but she speaks in terms of "I want to learn what happened to my daughter". She is smart enough to figure it out but will never do it...for that would mean cindy would have to take responsibility for what she did...by allowing her daughter to lie about her job, friends, stealing, conning people. See cindy knew the entire time casey was lying. She knew something terrible happened to Caylee. She knew it when she wrote the myspace page.

Cindy is lying to the public. She is not in denial. She knows but doesn't want to confront those fears. George has known from the first day. They both, together with Baez, pulled the wool over everyone's eyes for six months, insisting Caylee was alive and sending the entire police force on phoney leads.

An excellent summary!

One of the issues I have with the Dr. Phil interview is that I don't think he followed the case closely enough to have the background to ask the right questions. Those of us who've followed the case from the beginning and have gone over every document know that Cindy was in control of that household while George deferred to Cindy.

What we've seen of Lee and what he's stated in documents and on the witness stand is very indicative of his role in the household. He must have always taken a back seat to the princess. His resentment was clearly stated on the witness stand.

While Cindy stated to Dr. Phil that she saw changes in Casey after the birth of Caylee, she wants to excuse those changes as the result of a postpartum depression (although she used the word, "schizophrenia"). In all likelihood the changes in Casey were nothing more than a tug of war between Cindy and Casey over who was going to be Caylee's mommy. This became evident as the case unfolded and at one point Cindy stated that Caylee was "our" baby, not just Casey's. If Dr. Phil knew the background of this case as we here at WS do, he'd have a field day with that. He would have questioned George and Cindy about the dynamics going on between Casey and Cindy after Caylee's birth and in the months leading up to those 31 days. Cindy only said that in the spring of 2008 she (not "we") became firmer about the money Casey needed to pay back.

I had the feeling watching that interview that if Casey picked up the phone and called Cindy and said she wanted to come home, but didn't want George there, Cindy would opt to tell George he has to leave. I also believe George would leave.

Edited to add that I wish Dr. Phil had spent some time with Kathy Belich. She would have helped him prepare a good list of questions to ask the Anthonys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie