Dr. Phil w/George and Cindy Anthony Air Date 9/13 and 9/14 2011 Thead # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Phil: Are you trivializing burying this child in the woods because (Cindy shaking her head no squeezing her lips tightly together, rubbing her palms) she was a Christian and she believed her soul had left her body?

Cindy: No I'm not. (Looks down) That's not the right place for Caylee's remains to be. I mean I feel that as soon as someone dies (keeps looking down and back up at Dr. Phil) they're gone and that's just a shell. Our body is just a vehicle to be on this Earth but I would never anybody that I love like Caylee was found. I could never do that. I don't think that that was right.

George: I can't excuse her for whatever happened, I can't do that. She's responsible for Caylee and whatever happened to Caylee she has knowledge of that. And where Caylee was eventually placed, Casey had something to do with it. I know that.

Cindy: There's no excuse for where Caylee was found.

George: No. None whatsoever.

Cindy: And I'm not making excuses for that but...

Dr. Phil: When you say; "but" that starts the excuse.

Cindy: To me, that was not Caylee, I mean yes it breaks my heart that her body was left there but what were we gonna do anyway? Our belief is for cremation. And Caylee's remains would have been cremated at that time and they were cremated 7 months later.

Dr. Phil: Cindy, you just said; "she shouldn't have put her in the woods but what were we gonna do anyway?" that is excusing this!

Cindy: (shifting in her seat) No it's not.

Dr. Phil: That's why people are shaking their television sets right now. I get being loyal to your children, I really do. (Cindy shaking her head smiling) But isn't it disloyal to Caylee to not take a clear eyed view and try find out what happened to her?

Cindy: Oh absolutely, Caylee has been my number 1 focus for 3 years. And I in no way would ever disrespect Caylee's remains but Caylee did not die in those woods. Would I have loved to hug my granddaughter one more time? (starts to cry) The shell of her body? Yes, I would have. Would I have loved to properly placed her where she needed to be? Absolutely. But I have to move on with that. (wipes away tears) I am not trying to justify what Casey did and until I find out what happened to Caylee and what happened to Casey that day, I have to live with what I know. And I am not going to beat myself over it. (wiping tears) I don't care what people think. It doesn't matter from this point on. (takes the tissue Dr. Phil offered her) I prayed to God for 3 years to find out what happened to Caylee and I prayed during the whole trial that God would give me closure if Casey was responsible for Caylee's death that Casey would go to jail and be punished. When that verdict came in and Casey was free, I had my answer. That it was an accident. I believe that justice for Caylee was when her mother walked. I believe that in all my heart because I know the love that those two had and I know Caylee's soul would never have rested knowing that her mother has been vilified for her death (George looking away) and I believe it was an accident. (wiping tears) and until someone can prove different, that's what I believe. And I'm hoping some day we'll find out what happened to Casey and I'm not gonna be her judge and jury. God is her judge and he let her free.

WOW! I guess the Pinellas jury was handpicked by God himself to vindicate Casey. THAT is justice for Caylee???????? And as for the minimizing of the dumping of Caylee's body. Where is the revulsion? My cat went missing once and I searched all over for her, in the pouring rain even for several days until someone told me that my cat that had been found dead with her eyes wide open and that she had been thrown in the dumpster. The trash had been hauled away already or I would have been diving right in. The thought of my sweet baby in a trash heap was devastating. I couldn't stop wondering how she had died and if it was over quick or if she had been hurting or scared of what was happening to her. That was in 1999 and a few tears roll even now as I think of it. The story has a happy ending because the neighbor was wrong and my kitty returned home a few days later. She had always been indoor only cat and had jumped off the balcony. No more balcony after that.

If Cindy truly felt this way about Caylee's remains, why did she and George leave the courtroom the day the photos were shown of her remains? I mean, afterall, they weren't really Caylee, right??

I wish I could be more forgiving towards these people but after watching the interviews they just keep putting their foot in their mouths.
What ticks me off is how the media is spinning this into GA somehow being a hero, finally speaking out against his daughter and taking a stand for Caylee...HOGWASH!
I just heard GA comment again, He says...I believe Casey OR "someone she was with"..."possibly" gave Caylee something to sedate her. That is a wishy washy statement and too little too late. This should have been said two months ago on the stand!
There is something creepy about GA, I can't put my finger on it though. He never talks in normal english, he has to ask himself a question and then he answers. I wish someone could tell me why he does this. He always seems to give off an air of drama about himself. The way he walks and blows out a sigh, almost like hes over exaggerating his demeanor, maybe like poor little me. I think he is very deceptive and has alot of secrets to hide.
I wasn't surprised that CA made up lies during the interview. Claiming she informed LE of the possible drowning but they never investigated. In Yuri's interview he made a point of LE giving the felon numerous chances to come clean.
CA claiming.."someone" told her that Caylees body was not where the felon placed it. It amazes me how she uses certain words so freely..Friends, Someone...Are we to assume these are more imaginary people involved in this case since neither GA nor CA will identify who these friends are, who someone is. Who is the "someone" that GA thinks forced the felon to drug her child and dump her in the swamp. Who was this someone that told CA about Caylees body and why did CA not report this to LE? I think that statement clearly shows why CA sent her PI to the location where Caylees body was eventually found. I think it proves that CA knew the location long before Caylee was found.

It makes me wonder how far CA would go to cover things up for the felon!

At the beginning Lee put his heart into finding the truth but at a certain point he walked away from all of them. What could have happened or been said that would cause this reaction from him? Why did Mallory tell her co worker that she thought the felon did something to Caylee and then put on a show on the stand? JA even saw it when he asked LA while on the stand why he was so emotional now as opposed to when he gave his depo.
This whole family put on a show at trial, each one took the stand and played their role as instructed by CA. I know most think CA sobbing on the stand was genuine but I never bought it, I thought it was an act.
River in IMO was lieing about certain facts but if you read her interview in the jailhouse letters I do believe GA got some money from her and she overheard GA talking to CA on the phone when CA was in NY giving an interview, GA was angry with CA because "she didn't get the money before she did the interview".
I believe this family is well versued on "how to play the game"..They have learned very well how to play on peoples sympathy for their loss to line their pockets...JMO

To me the statement made by CA implying that what difference did it make where Caylee was, her soul was gone already is screaming to me where this mothers loyalty lies and it's not with her grandaughter. This was such a callous remark showing her true feelings. I don't think there exists a line that CA wouldn't cross to prove the felon nor CA herself should not be held responsible for any of this.

I have always thought that Cindy was a sociopath. Even though she took care of her family, she also used them e.g. KC was pregnant and she knew it and she knew it was not a good idea that her daughter had sociopathic tendendies or at the very least was a liar and a thief and would not be a good mother; HOWEVER, Cindy wanted a baby. Pure and simple.

Cindy will lie right to your face and smile as she does it. That is a sociopath. She did it in the interview yesterday and when confronted with "what about Caylee" then she needed sympathy and brought on the tears.

She well could be a sociopath, among some other things. There are several personality disorders to choose from when it comes to lying and trying to force your version of reality on others no matter what facts may contradict it (and other CA behaviors). No matter where I would guess she is in the spectrum, it would be a disorder that doesn't respond to therapy. I think Dr P got great ratings because the As are a modern day version of the old circus freak show. moo

I've always believed how we treat our dead is as much a ritual for the living as it is for the deceased. Not only does it say how we feel about someone, it shows our humanity. And I have no doubt Cindy Anthony feels the same way. Why else have that televised grandiose memorial service, that somehow managed to be more about Casey Anthony than baby Caylee.

How we treat our dead signifies the respect we have for human life itself. That's why when we hear stories of graves being desecrated we are outraged, that's why we pick out a favourite outfit for the deceased, close their eyes, make them look as good as possible before we bury or cremate them. Where atall possible we treat the dead with reverance. Its fundamentally the decent thing to do as well as a comfort to those left behind. This is how we demonstrate love and respect to the life departed and give them dignity.

How was Caylee Anthony's body treated. It was treated like a bag of refuse, tossed hurriedly from the roadside. She had duct tape over her tiny, once beautiful face. Animals and insects fed on her. There's no escaping that Cindy and there's no excusing it.

I agree with every word. I am an atheist and a card carrying organ & body donor. I still bury my pets with LOVE and RESPECT.

I have always thought that Cindy was a sociopath. Even though she took care of her family, she also used them e.g. KC was pregnant and she knew it and she knew it was not a good idea that her daughter had sociopathic tendendies or at the very least was a liar and a thief and would not be a good mother; HOWEVER, Cindy wanted a baby. Pure and simple.

Cindy will lie right to your face and smile as she does it. That is a sociopath. She did it in the interview yesterday and when confronted with "what about Caylee" then she needed sympathy and brought on the tears.

How do you like the way she said she knew that the felon was pregnant at 5 months. Wasn't she 7 months at her Uncle's Wedding and Cindy denied the pregnancy to everyone saying she was bloated! Why would you lie about that if she was 7 months? In 2 more months she would produce a baby so why lie? I think Cindy is mentally ill, the felon inherited it in a bad way and Cindy's behavior enabling the felon just made FCA's character disorder worse. She became a full blown Sociopath along with other character disorders. I know the so called seizues had nothing to do with it, but Cindy seems to know more than all the Doctors making up her own illness. There isn't such a thing as Post Partum Schizophrenia. People don't lie and live in a fantasy world even if they do have seizures.

I guess that I'm not your average Mom then. If my grown children do something wrong then they are on their own. My children were taught as children right from wrong. I laid the ground work for them. As adults they have the right to make their own decisions. If they choose to do wrong, then that's on them not me. If they get put in jail there are no visits from Mom, no letters, you phone calls. No money being placed in the GOODIE accounts. NO CONTACT. They did the dirty deed on their own then they can face the music on their own. There is zero support from Momma. I don't understand a Mother that supports her children when they know that the children are in the wrong. Would I still love my children? Yes, I would. Would I like my children, no way. You can love a person because you're related, you don't have to like them.

What does visiting your kids in jail have to do whether you support them? You're basically saying if your kid robs a bank, you're basically disowning them. Your choice, no one can tell you how to parent your child. I just don't think a lot of parents share that view.

I view 'support' and covering up something your child does as two seperate things. You can support your kid but yet still not condone their actions.

Regardless of what happened, how on earth can a Dad go on TV and say that their child is a murderer? What kind of person puts $$$ before loyalty and love for their own family member.

Caylee is gone and God Rest her Soul. Life goes on for the Anthony family and they all need
some type of counseling AND it certainly should not be from appearing on TV with Dr Phil

Probably one that is fed up with the BS and is not willing to lie for a family member would be my guess. If I had a family member that did what she did, I'd say that she killed any loyalty to a family unit. He didn't break the loyalty, she did. On the money they can make off of anything related to this, it sickens me. Any money that comes through either of their funds that get used for themselves, Casey or Lee is blood money.

Denial is a polite way of saying you are lying to yourself and others. jmo

Is it denial or just plain lying? If she told what she really believes, the media would be satisfied with her answers and go away. The only thing that keeps the spotlight on her is that she continually defends FCA and believes she is 'innocent', contrary to what everyone else believes.

IMO, you can't just believe only the facts you want to believe and ignore rest. The other facts don't make any sense if you try to do that.

So she's 'playing' the public to keep the spotlight on her, if she didn't the the money, free trips and talk show offers would stop rolling in.

BBM

Why not? Tons of people do exactly this every day. They believe whatever they want to believe and disregard the rest.

People who believe in conspiracies do this all the time.

How do you like the way she said she knew that the felon was pregnant at 5 months. Wasn't she 7 months at her Uncle's Wedding and Cindy denied the pregnancy to everyone saying she was bloated! Why would you lie about that if she was 7 months? In 2 more months she would produce a baby so why lie? I think Cindy is mentally ill, the felon inherited it in a bad way and Cindy's behavior enabling the felon just made FCA's character disorder worse. She became a full blown Sociopath along with other character disorders. I know the so called seizues had nothing to do with it, but Cindy seems to know more than all the Doctors making up her own illness. There isn't such a thing as Post Partum Schizophrenia. People don't lie and live in a fantasy world even if they do have seizures.

I think CA lied to her family at that point because KC had not made a decision as to whether or not she was going to keep Caylee or not. Five months would have been April, GA said end of May, LA says never was told but that he noticed in late Feb/early March timeframe and mentioned it to his mother. The family survives on lies because CA has let it be known that some truths are not acceptable to her. jmo

I wish I could be more forgiving towards these people but after watching the interviews they just keep putting their foot in their mouths.
What ticks me off is how the media is spinning this into GA somehow being a hero, finally speaking out against his daughter and taking a stand for Caylee...HOGWASH!
I just heard GA comment again, He says...I believe Casey OR "someone she was with"..."possibly" gave Caylee something to sedate her. That is a wishy washy statement and too little too late. This should have been said two months ago on the stand!
There is something creepy about GA, I can't put my finger on it though. He never talks in normal english, he has to ask himself a question and then he answers. I wish someone could tell me why he does this. He always seems to give off an air of drama about himself. The way he walks and blows out a sigh, almost like hes over exaggerating his demeanor, maybe like poor little me. I think he is very deceptive and has alot of secrets to hide.
I wasn't surprised that CA made up lies during the interview. Claiming she informed LE of the possible drowning but they never investigated. In Yuri's interview he made a point of LE giving the felon numerous chances to come clean.
CA claiming.."someone" told her that Caylees body was not where the felon placed it. It amazes me how she uses certain words so freely..Friends, Someone...Are we to assume these are more imaginary people involved in this case since neither GA nor CA will identify who these friends are, who someone is. Who is the "someone" that GA thinks forced the felon to drug her child and dump her in the swamp. Who was this someone that told CA about Caylees body and why did CA not report this to LE? I think that statement clearly shows why CA sent her PI to the location where Caylees body was eventually found. I think it proves that CA knew the location long before Caylee was found.

It makes me wonder how far CA would go to cover things up for the felon!

At the beginning Lee put his heart into finding the truth but at a certain point he walked away from all of them. What could have happened or been said that would cause this reaction from him? Why did Mallory tell her co worker that she thought the felon did something to Caylee and then put on a show on the stand? JA even saw it when he asked LA while on the stand why he was so emotional now as opposed to when he gave his depo.
This whole family put on a show at trial, each one took the stand and played their role as instructed by CA. I know most think CA sobbing on the stand was genuine but I never bought it, I thought it was an act.
River in IMO was lieing about certain facts but if you read her interview in the jailhouse letters I do believe GA got some money from her and she overheard GA talking to CA on the phone when CA was in NY giving an interview, GA was angry with CA because "she didn't get the money before she did the interview".
I believe this family is well versued on "how to play the game"..They have learned very well how to play on peoples sympathy for their loss to line their pockets...JMO

To me the statement made by CA implying that what difference did it make where Caylee was, her soul was gone already is screaming to me where this mothers loyalty lies and it's not with her grandaughter. This was such a callous remark showing her true feelings. I don't think there exists a line that CA wouldn't cross to prove the felon nor CA herself should not be held responsible for any of this.

Excellent post.

IMO

What does visiting your kids in jail have to do whether you support them? You're basically saying if your kid robs a bank, you're basically disowning them. Your choice, no one can tell you how to parent your child. I just don't think a lot of parents share that view.

I view 'support' and covering up something your child does as two seperate things. You can support your kid but yet still not condone their actions.

Support them it way way? I wasn't talking about if they robbed a bank. I'm talking about if they took another person's life. Yes, I'd disown them. I wouldn't cover up for them nor support them in any way. There's a BIG difference in robbing a bank and taking the life of another...don't you think?

I guess that I'm not your average Mom then. If my grown children do something wrong then they are on their own. My children were taught as children right from wrong. I laid the ground work for them. As adults they have the right to make their own decisions. If they choose to do wrong, then that's on them not me. If they get put in jail there are no visits from Mom, no letters, you phone calls. No money being placed in the GOODIE accounts. NO CONTACT. They did the dirty deed on their own then they can face the music on their own. There is zero support from Momma. I don't understand a Mother that supports her children when they know that the children are in the wrong. Would I still love my children? Yes, I would. Would I like my children, no way. You can love a person because you're related, you don't have to like them.

My son is 13 years old. He's been taught right from wrong and has recieved many consequences along the way. I am very strict when compared to other parents I know. I KNOW my son. He's warm, caring, loyal, loving, smart, funny, gentle and respectful. He's not perfect by any means. He makes mistakes....I sometimes even let him. He always suffers the consequences. I would NEVER believe in a million years he could murder anyone. Short of a video tape of the deed. I would remain steadfast in denial too.

I think CA lied to her family at that point because KC had not made a decision as to whether or not she was going to keep Caylee or not. Five months would have been April, GA said end of May, LA says never was told but that he noticed in late Feb/early March timeframe and mentioned it to his mother. The family survives on lies because CA has let it be known that some truths are not acceptable to her. jmo

I think Cindy gets some sick satisfaction blatantly lying to people. It would have been much easier for FCA to have stayed at home and not attended the wedding if her pregnancy was such a big secret.

IMO

Denial - Ha.

Maybe Cindy could be BFF's with Mrs Baker, they both have a child who is "Parent of the Year" and only 2 murdered grandchildren between them - I think they have a lot in common.

Abandoning a child during their time of need isn't an act of love in my opinion. Even if I thought they were guilty, I'd feel guilty for not getting them help before it reached the point of a crime being committed. Some of the actions of the Anthonys do not seem to stem from love but more from some bizarre form of guilt for abandoning Caylee.

JMO

I think Cindy gets some sick satisfaction blatantly lying to people. It would have been much easier for FCA to have stayed at home and not attended the wedding if her pregnancy was such a big secret.

IMO

There would have been no fun in that, no challenge, no "I've pulled on over on you all" which is a game CA and KC appear to love to play, together..or separate. jmo

Support them it way way? I wasn't talking about if they robbed a bank. I'm talking about if they took another person's life. Yes, I'd disown them. I wouldn't cover up for them nor support them in any way. There's a BIG difference in robbing a bank and taking the life of another...don't you think?

You didn't specify murder in your original post, just if your child 'did something wrong'. Yes, there is a big difference in the two.

Your wrong. Denial is the minds way of sheilding the truth, it's never even considered. It isn't deliberate, it just happens.

It happened to me, later when I accepted the truth ... I found it extremely SHOCKING that I hadn't even considered the possibility, never even entered my mind! *I* was a trained professional with lots of experience in the particular area too. Had it happened to someone else, I would have been all over it. Thankfully, mine only lasted about 48 hours

My son is 13 years old. He's been taught right from wrong and has recieved many consequences along the way. I am very strict when compared to other parents I know. I KNOW my son. He's warm, caring, loyal, loving, smart, funny, gentle and respectful. He's not perfect by any means. He makes mistakes....I sometimes even let him. He always suffers the consequences. I would NEVER believe in a million years he could murder anyone. Short of a video tape of the deed. I would remain steadfast in denial too.

My reference wasn't about a teenage child. My reference is to adult children that REALLY know and understand right from wrong and who value human life. Perhaps I should have just said, if FCA was my daughter I would not have supported her or covered for her. I thank my lucky stars that she wasn't my child, because instead of covering up for her when I found the family car I'd probably be serving time in prison for choking the living Carp out of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288