Dr. Phil w/George and Cindy Anthony Air Date 9/13 and 9/14 2011 Thead # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. Now they have to worry about the A's taking upon themselves to let KC babysit when LA drops the kids off with the grandparents. CA sure knows how to dig a hole. jmo
She sure has dug herself one here. Lee knows her as well as anyone and IMO she would have a fight on her hands to have any influence at all in the upbringing of a child of L & M.

Whilst there appears to have been method to Cindy's madness where Caylee and the Felon's ability to care for her were concerned - and this may be one of the few things Cindy had right in theory - she messed it up by virtue of her very character and nature. Lee and Mallory have already all but disappeared and I don't believe Lee will want her taking a hand in the care or raising of any child of his own ... one really couldn't blame him for feeling it will be like the last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaVita
Actually, the foreman said it was discussed that GA could possibly have been the killer. This was stated in GVS interview.

Cityslick wrote:
They didn't find him credible (actually didn't find any of them credible). I'm not sure the interview would have changed any of their minds on that front.

My reply: I'm trying to understand what you want to say. I know the jury didin't find George credible. And I don't think Dr. Phil interview will change that. I was just pointing out to another poster that the jury's opinion of George was far lower than just "not credible."

I do not agree with that. George was never going to rollover for Casey, period, and Casey and Baez knew that. To accuse him falsely of such horrendous accusations certainly served George no purpose or advantage. He will carry the taint with him for the rest of his life? Surely you aren't saying he was wanting others to believe he was a child molester and body dumper of his own granddaughter? Respectfully, I find that theory utterly and beyond ridiculous. If that was their strategy then he would have fallen on his sword for his twisted daughter.

It had to be the most humiliating thing he has ever had to experience with having to sit there under Judge Perry's tight rules and not react. I know George wanted to leap over that railing and beat the crap out of Baez right then and there, but he knew he couldn't. And now that he knows Caylee received no justice he probably wishes he could go back all over again and do just that!

I can even understand why Cindy said she got sick to her stomach after hearing Baez' OS.

There is absolutely no evidence anywhere that George was even included in the theory of the defense. George was told by Jeff Ashton.

Baez went straight to the one that he knew would believe the moon is made of cheese. Cindy Anthony.

IMO

I think he could of helped his cause better while on the witness stand. He at times didn't seem like even he believed what he was testifying too, even if it was the truth. JMO

They didn't find him credible (actually didn't find any of them credible). I'm not sure the interview would have changed any of their minds on that front.

Oh I think they have had a long time now to sit back and reflect on what they 'thought' then and imo what they were hoodwinked into believing in the courtroom is not what they believe today. Will they ever admit they screwed up? I doubt it. Truth is brutal sometimes. Letting baby killers walk because they believed the smoke and mirrors is a hard thing to come to terms with.

I think most of them did watch the three day interview.

I sure hope they did.

IMO

Quote:
Actually, the foreman said it was discussed that GA could possibly have been the killer. This was stated in GVS interview.

Cityslick wrote:

My reply: I'm trying to understand what you want to say. I know the jury didin't find George credible. And I don't think Dr. Phil interview will change that. I was just pointing out to another poster that the jury's opinion of George was far lower than just "not credible."

You're correct, not only didn't they trust him but they believed there was some truth in what the DT claimed. But I believe that all starts with credibility. If you come off as really credible, then the jury would be less inclined to believe anything the DT said about you.

I think he could of helped his cause better while on the witness stand. He at times didn't seem like even he believed what he was testifying too, even if it was the truth. JMO

I suppose it is ones perceptions but I think he testified very truthfully.

He would not let Baez put words in his mouth and stood up for himself and I dont blame him one bit for doing that.

I think he believed every word and imo he spoke the truth.

IMO

Oh I think they have had a long time now to sit back and reflect on what they 'thought' then and imo what they were hoodwinked into believing in the courtroom is not what they believe today. Will they ever admit they screwed up? I doubt it. Truth is brutal sometimes. Letting baby killers walk because they believed the smoke and mirrors is a hard thing to come to terms with.

I think most of them did watch the three day interview.

I sure hope they did.

IMO

Me too.

You're correct, not only didn't they trust him but they believed there was some truth in what the DT claimed. But I believe that all starts with credibility. If you come off as really credible, then the jury would be less inclined to believe anything the DT said about you.

Its very hard to come across as being credible after a sleazy defense attorney has accused you of the most vile dispicable things ever.

Not only falsely accusing him of being a child molestor but also being the one that threw away his precious granddaughter's body in the swamp.

The jury believed the smoke and mirrors and got sidetracked on an OS without any proof to back any of it up.

The DT knew George was not going to rollover for Casey so therefore George had to be crushed into the ground from the get go.

IMO

Cityslick
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2011

Quote:
Evil does not have to be spectacular. Evil is helping the killer of a baby escape justice. Which actually is pretty spectacular in terms of evil.

Cityslick wrote:
Cindy Anthony is not the reason FCA got off. If you're going to place blame, blame it on the 12 people that made the decision to let her go.

My Response: I did not say that CA is THE SOLE reason Casey got off. She helped accomplish that since Day 31. From the moment she started cleaning out the car and everything that came after she helped a baby killer go free. Even if none of her actions materially contributed to acquittal, intent is all I need to label her evil. To assist evil in going unchecked is evil, IMO.

Its very hard to come across as being credible after a sleazy defense attorney has accused you of the most vile dispicable things ever.

Not only falsely accusing him of being a child molestor but also being the one that threw away his precious granddaughter's body in the swamp.

The jury believed the smoke and mirrors and got sidetracked on an OS without any proof to back any of it up.

The DT knew George was not going to rollover for Casey so therefore George had to be crushed into the ground from the get go.

IMO

BBM

I disagree. I've seen other trials where the exact same thing has happened (DT accusing another to deflect blame off of their client) and that person gets up there and then there is no doubt what he/she is telling the truth. It could be the tone of the voice, staying hard with conviction, etc. Remember, this off the wall theory the DT came up with shouldn't have been a shock to GA. JA admits in his book (from I think an interview) that the state was well aware of the OS, they just thought they would provide evidence of it.

The split opinions of GA go along with this thinking. Even though most think he was telling the truth, there are still trust questions with him for many people. Is that because he's associated with CA? Because his last name is Anthony?

IMO

One of the juries biggest problems is they did not put themselves in GA's shoes. How would anyone feel if they were accused of doing something of this nature? They would not cooperate with the person who accused them, they would be careful when giving answers to DT questions and they would want to wring JB's neck until it was red. So much for the lead person being able to "read" a person. jmo

Cityslick
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2011

Quote:
Evil does not have to be spectacular. Evil is helping the killer of a baby escape justice. Which actually is pretty spectacular in terms of evil.
Cityslick wrote:
Cindy Anthony is not the reason FCA got off. If you're going to place blame, blame it on the 12 people that made the decision to let her go.

My Response: I did not say that CA is THE SOLE reason Casey got off. She helped accomplish that since Day 31. From the moment she started cleaning out the car and everything that came after she helped a baby killer go free. Even if none of her actions materially contributed to acquittal, intent is all I need to label her evil. To assist evil in going unchecked is evil, IMO.

My problem with what you say is when the trial started, if you would of said that not only is FCA going to be found NG, but CA's actions would have contributed to that, I think you would of got a lot of funny looks. I just don't subscribe to the theory that CA knew her daughter killed her granddaughter from day one and put on the act from day one to cover up for her. If it turns out I'm wrong so be it, I just don't believe it at this point in time.

I'm not sure. I remember that she said that last year was the last of her Oscars shows, but I don't know about the '10 Most Fascinating' specials. Could be, though.

Even though it's a minor point, I do think that saying that there weren't any parties to go to in the afternoon at least makes some sense. If he'd really said that there weren't a lot of parties on a Monday night, I would have questioned that because there's always a party somewhere on any given night, if somebody wants to find one.

I don't think it was sneaky at all. I read earlier (in this thread, I think) that he was also on the Today show on Monday morning. I've noticed that it's very common to make the rounds of the morning shows, or at least be on more than one, while you're in town. It used to get on my nerves when I watched more morning TV, because the same guest would be on GMA then Regis then The View then Today--all in one morning. So if somebody shows up on one of the shows from NYC, I'm not surprised when he shows up on another.

See my Bold - you did however skip over my entire point during the semantics and that was it wouldn't have mattered if it was a beach sunrise breakfast - TonyL was not someone who wanted a threesome - Caylee needed to be left behind, particularly if the intent was to spend the evening and a good part of the next day in bed. So Baez's statement at best was foolish IMO.

Re your "It's not sneaky" - again off centre of the point I was making. Under the guise of a new case - IMO it IS sneaky to bring Baez on of all places - The View - a show with five "strong" women (when it is women who have publicly been the most vocal about their anti-Baez sentiments) as a market test for an FCA interview, and how it would be received. Another case is not helping the automatic thought join of the words Baez = Casey Anthony. And judging by the comment section of the show online - I am far from alone in my thoughts. Again IMO.

Because the Judge and prosecution allowed the Baez team to run unchecked. They knew Baez was inventing garbage so they should have held his nose to it. Instead they sat back and made faces and lost control of the evidence.

These questions are for anyone, not just the poster.
* Do you believe that JB made this stuff up on his own?
* Do you believe that he only said what FCA told him to say?
* Do you believe that CA was behind what appeared to be a scripted and well rehearsed defense?

My thoughts are that JB only used what his client allowed him to use. I think that the entire A family was behind it all. I think that the only reason FCA cried so hard in the opening statement is that she knew that her father didn't do it. She cried also because she knew it would hurt him and she also knew that he was throwing himself under the bus in order to save her life. He didn't like being put in that situation but he did it none the less. Each member had their role to play. They love her because she's their daughter but they don't like the person that she became. JB leaves a lot to be desired but I don't fault him for saying what his client asked to to say. It's his job to do so. I find it strange that GA is angry with JB's opening statement, when it was probably worked out and approved by all. They each will live in their own private hell create by FCA. This was just another sad case of injustice being served up for public consumption. For the Anthony's it appears that it was never the case about finding out what happened to Caylee. For them,the case was about saving Casey. Caylee never did have her day, because her Mother took that from her in more ways than one with the help of her entire family. The only people I see as empty shells are the surviving Anthony's. To GA, JB didn't take your joy away FCA did. IMO

I agree with you to a point. I think they were a victim when this horrible thing happened. They didn't ask for this and even if you throw 'enablement' into the mix, CA isn't responsible for what happened to Caylee. As far as ultimately who is responsible for all this (Caylee's death and the aftermath), I look at two undeniable facts:

1. Caylee Anthony is no longer on this earth
2. CA/GA/LA is not the reason why Caylee is no longer on this earth.

I think their actions after the fact leave a lot to be desired, but I don't forget what put them in that circumstance to begin with.

1) NO DOUBT about that :-(
2) I agree, but they all three know now and knew 3 years ago why.

I believe FCA is 100% responsible for what happened to Caylee. I believe GA had nothing to do with what happened to Caylee. I believe GA did not do what JB said in his OS "could" have happened to FCA. I believe GA knows so much more then he has said. I believe CA knew Caylee was thrown in that swamp, and I believe CA knew for the whole 6 months. I believe CA failed Caylee from the beginning. As for LA, the only thing I keep thinking of as far as LA goes is his statement- "is this like the last " LA knew what FCA had done, why else would he ask her that question????

See my Bold - you did however skip over my entire point during the semantics and that was it wouldn't have mattered if it was a beach sunrise breakfast - TonyL was not someone who wanted a threesome - Caylee needed to be left behind, particularly if the intent was to spend the evening and a good part of the next day in bed. So Baez's statement at best was foolish IMO.

Re your "It's not sneaky" - again off centre of the point I was making. Under the guise of a new case - IMO it IS sneaky to bring Baez on of all places - The View - a show with five "strong" women (when it is women who have publicly been the most vocal about their anti-Baez sentiments) as a market test for an FCA interview, and how it would be received. Another case is not helping the automatic thought join of the words Baez = Casey Anthony. And judging by the comment section of the show online - I am far from alone in my thoughts. Again IMO.

You shouldn't be surprised a tv show/network is going to air something, whether sneaky or not, because they are in the business of making money, not whether it's 'right' or not.

My goodness....with all his media interviews and press releases about KC's welfare, getting KC settled, through the probation process, running down to Aruba for a case he can't possibly defend, how does JB find time to do any actual WORK? jmo

My goodness....with all his media interviews and press releases about KC's welfare, getting KC settled, through the probation process, running down to Aruba for a case he can't possibly defend, how does JB find time to do any actual WORK? jmo

He doesn't - he pulls his usual - he asks for a Continuance and gets it!
What I want to know is where he got the money to get his house out of foreclosure and what's he spending right now. Or rather whose money is he spending right now....

BBM

I disagree. I've seen other trials where the exact same thing has happened (DT accusing another to deflect blame off of their client) and that person gets up there and then there is no doubt what he/she is telling the truth. It could be the tone of the voice, staying hard with conviction, etc. Remember, this off the wall theory the DT came up with shouldn't have been a shock to GA. JA admits in his book (from I think an interview) that the state was well aware of the OS, they just thought they would provide evidence of it.The split opinions of GA go along with this thinking. Even though most think he was telling the truth, there are still trust questions with him for many people. Is that because he's associated with CA? Because his last name is Anthony?

I have a question about this statement. I thought the DT can say what ever they want in their OS and not have to provide any evidence. If this is true then the state should have known there would be no evidence, yes?

My problem with what you say is when the trial started, if you would of said that not only is FCA going to be found NG, but CA's actions would have contributed to that, I think you would of got a lot of funny looks. I just don't subscribe to the theory that CA knew her daughter killed her granddaughter from day one and put on the act from day one to cover up for her. If it turns out I'm wrong so be it, I just don't believe it at this point in time.

There was plenty of collusion on the part of CA. Wrong hairbrush to FBI, nasty and refusing to help Tim Miller, assisting defense team, lie upon lie to LE and on the witness stand. I am certain there was a huge blowout on June 15th that none of the A's will admit so they are in the same boat with Cindy. Again, I do not care if these actions were material or immaterial to the jury. All I care about is the intent. Just like to me, there is no difference between murder and attempted murder. The intent of the offender is all that matters to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member