Dr. Phil w/George and Cindy Anthony Air Date 9/13 and 9/14 2011 Thead # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I disagree. I've seen other trials where the exact same thing has happened (DT accusing another to deflect blame off of their client) and that person gets up there and then there is no doubt what he/she is telling the truth. It could be the tone of the voice, staying hard with conviction, etc. Remember, this off the wall theory the DT came up with shouldn't have been a shock to GA. JA admits in his book (from I think an interview) that the state was well aware of the OS, they just thought they would provide evidence of it.

The split opinions of GA go along with this thinking. Even though most think he was telling the truth, there are still trust questions with him for many people. Is that because he's associated with CA? Because his last name is Anthony?

I have watched and read criminal cases for the past three decades. NEVER have I seen such a sleazy OS as was in the Anthony case.

Never have I seen a grandfather accused of molesting his murder defendant daughter AND throwing away his granddaughter's body.

George was double whammied because the DT knew he was not going to lay down for the twisted defense. Baez could not let him come in there as a grieving grandfather like he really was. He had to make him 'appear' to be this vile wicked person. Far better to sacrifice George who had been a pain in the DTs side from the get go rather than the true killer of Caylee.

IMO, most people want to believe the worst in people. It is far more titillating to believe something sinister than the actual truth.

How could this not be a shock to George. Yes he was advised by Jeff Ashton that they were going to make him the fall guy but never in his wildest imagination did he think Baez would get down in the gutter to do it,imo.

IMO

I have a question about this statement. I thought the DT can say what ever they want in their OS and not have to provide any evidence. If this is true then the state should have known there would be no evidence, yes?

I'm pretty sure the DT can't purposely state something in their OS that they know isn't true. I would think there is some sort of rule against purposely misleading the court but I'm not a lawyer. JA mentions they knew about the OS through discovery and perhaps even conversation with the DT.

I have watched and read criminal cases for the past three decades. NEVER have I seen such a sleazy OS as was in the Anthony case.

Never have I seen a grandfather accused of molesting his murder defendant daughter AND throwing away his granddaughter's body.

George was double whammied because the DT knew he was not going to lay down for the twisted defense. Baez could not let him come in there as a grieving grandfather like he really was. He had to make him 'appear' to be this vile wicked person. Far better to sacrifice George who had been a pain in the DTs side from the get go rather than the true killer of Caylee.

IMO, most people want to believe the worst in people. It is far more titillating to believe something sinister than the actual truth.

How could this not be a shock to George. Yes he was advised by Jeff Ashton that they were going to make him the fall guy but never in his wildest imagination did he think Baez would get down in the gutter to do it,imo.

IMO

IMO I think all lawyers (defense and state) will do anything and everything they can legally to make a witness look bad if it would support their case.

MOOO ... my opinion and response in bold :

These questions are for anyone, not just the poster.

* Do you believe that JB made this stuff up on his own?

Yes ... Jose B has NO PROFESSIONAL ETHICS or MORALS.

* Do you believe that he only said what FCA told him to say?

No ... she probably lied to him so many times ... he had to "settle" on what he thought as a "defense attorney" may be believable to a jury ...

* Do you believe that CA was behind what appeared to be a scripted and well rehearsed defense?

"ABSOLUTELY" ... it is my opinion that CA was involved "behind the scenes" so to speak ... I believe that it was all a FARCE, including the "felon" NOT speaking with her parents while they were still depositing $$$$$ in her account ... and EACH and EVERY ONE OF THE ANTHONY's followed their SCRIPT just as rehearsed and planned ...

My thoughts are that JB only used what his client allowed him to use. I think that the entire A family was behind it all. I think that the only reason FCA cried so hard in the opening statement is that she knew that her father didn't do it. She cried also because she knew it would hurt him and she also knew that he was throwing himself under the bus in order to save her life. He didn't like being put in that situation but he did it none the less. Each member had their role to play. They love her because she's their daughter but they don't like the person that she became. JB leaves a lot to be desired but I don't fault him for saying what his client asked to to say. It's his job to do so. I find it strange that GA is angry with JB's opening statement, when it was probably worked out and approved by all. They each will live in their own private hell create by FCA. This was just another sad case of injustice being served up for public consumption. For the Anthony's it appears that it was never the case about finding out what happened to Caylee. For them,the case was about saving Casey. Caylee never did have her day, because her Mother took that from her in more ways than one with the help of her entire family. The only people I see as empty shells are the surviving Anthony's. To GA, JB didn't take your joy away FCA did. IMO

BBM:

The felon's "tears" and "crying" was ALL A FARCE at the trial ... they probably used those "professional tears" that actors and actresses use to make them cry for the movies ... either that or onions ...

Poor Caylee ... she was "second choice" for the Anthony's ... the felon was their first ... and ALL of the Anthony's ACTIONS and WORDS at the trial said it all ... Poor Caylee ... I hope she is resting in peace.

It is just "absolutely sickening" that Phil McGraw and his network allowed the Anthony's to continue their "dog and pony show" with this latest and "revised" pack of lies ! DP ought to be hanging his head in shame !

It's so sad what this world has come to -- $$$$$ and ratings -- more important than Justice for an innocent child's murder !

MOO MOO MOO ...

She sure has dug herself one here. Lee knows her as well as anyone and IMO she would have a fight on her hands to have any influence at all in the upbringing of a child of L & M.

Whilst there appears to have been method to Cindy's madness where Caylee and the Felon's ability to care for her were concerned - and this may be one of the few things Cindy had right in theory - she messed it up by virtue of her very character and nature. Lee and Mallory have already all but disappeared and I don't believe Lee will want her taking a hand in the care or raising of any child of his own ... one really couldn't blame him for feeling it will be like the last time.

Something just occurred to me: What if this is why the A's want to fight for grandparent rights? Let's say that LA has already told them that their time with any future grandchildren will be highly supervised.

Perhaps they are actually planning ahead.

When I get lost I go back to the beginning. Look at the characters and the roles they played in this family. GA was the odd man out. A family is only as strong as it's weakest link and GA was "it". CA was called to JB's office "alone". She was the weakest link when it came to the felon. LA was next and GA was the one in the family that didn't "buy into" the felons act.

Dr. Phil said just weeks before the trial CA went to JB's office alone. The felon wants CA to know how Caylee died.

Dr. Phil...JB calls CA in for a private, behind closed door meeting & GA was not invited.

CA...I was the only one to come. JB came to the office. He told me Caylee had drown in the pool and KC panicked. CA relieved for Caylee because she didn't suffer, CA starts crying hysterically, she couldn't believe KC had put them through this, ruined her life.
( GA looks disgusted)...For 3 years KC did not come forward and say something. ..Why now? JB said he wanted to tell me early on but KC said no. KC wanted me to be the first to know. You know I can't keep this from GA & LA. JB says you can tell whoever you want. CA & LA told GA. Then her attorney Mark and his asst. came to their house. Mark wanted to sit down with GA, there had been some innuendos that there were allegations, that the states attorneys office was going to go after GA.
( GA running his tongue over his teeth, anxiety, looks disgusted) Mark wanted to speak to GA to see if he knew anything.

GA...My take was that CA was being played because of her emotional state, her heart was played through the whole time, through Jose and through my daughter and also through my son. I was never that one to believe alot of the things like the drowning. I still don't believe that. I kept on tellin her even that day that her and LA came back to the house. I said I don't believe it. Why wait 3 years to tell us this stuff now. I never believed anything the defense told me. I feel I've been played, she's been played, my sons been played for the emotional connection, because it was KC and Caylee, and I even told her that. I said why not invite me to this little meeting.

CA... well because of how you would react.

GA ... because I don't believe it.

Dr. Phil..Because they thought she would believe and you wouldn't.

GA..I really believe I was the only one they were targeting. A year prior to that, my daughter was talking about molestation. I said how can you do this to me, why can my daughter say this when it didn't even happen? So, I believe this was all their way of starting their defense, getting everything all set up for them, cause Jose never contacted me directly, he never did. Never talked to me about different things. Did I reach out to him different times in 3 years, I certainly did. I wanted my daughter to have a good defense, but I also didn't want to be played like a fool.

This is where I stopped the interview, I got tired of listening to these two. The next question Dr. Phil asks is to GA, when he first found out about the molestation charge.

There was plenty of collusion on the part of CA. Wrong hairbrush to FBI, nasty and refusing to help Tim Miller, assisting defense team, lie upon lie to LE and on the witness stand. I am certain there was a huge blowout on June 15th that none of the A's will admit so they are in the same boat with Cindy. Again, I do not care if these actions were material or immaterial to the jury. All I care about is the intent. Just like to me, there is no difference between murder and attempted murder. The intent of the offender is all that matters to me.

this fight on 15th when kc left with caylee--i've only read/heard out of leonard padilla's mouth and his informant was lee. i just dont find lee to be very credible. i did see something about a neighbor hearing yelling. george has remained firm on spending time with caylee on 16th before he said he watched kc & caylee leave. i have not heard/read any info to dispute that.

Something just occurred to me: What if this is why the A's want too fight for grandparent rights? Let's say that LA has already told them that their time with any future grandchildren will be highly supervised.

Perhaps they are actually planning ahead.

"Absolutely" nothing would SURPRISE me when it comes to the Anthony's ...

As to Lee, I am still :fence: ... his "bizarre" and "strange" actions and words make it difficult to figure him out ...

And in the interview from yesterday, did Cindy bring up Lee -- or did DP bring up Lee ?

TIA !

MOO ...

"Absolutely" nothing would SURPRISE me when it comes to the Anthony's ...

As to Lee, I am still :fence: ... his "bizarre" and "strange" actions and words make it difficult to figure him out ...

And in the interview from yesterday, did Cindy bring up Lee -- or did DP bring up Lee ?

TIA !

MOO ...

Dr P brought up Lee's upcoming wedding. Then asked if they would let their daughter babysit any of Lee's children.

It was all very sick...the whole interview...just meant to confuse everyone even more. The only thing I have learned from this case, that I can take to the bank, is how to dissect a sentence and to determine if it is meant to mislead...I still miss a few...I was generally cynical before but now I listen very carefully. It makes me sick that people can be so misleading.

I watched part 3 this morning. This is my opinion only so no darts please.

I do not beieve Cindy at all. Same crap, different day.

I WANT to believe George and I do believe him up to a certain point but find it very, very bizarre that he was hoping for his daughter to be convicted.

Every instinct that I have tells me not to trust him or believe him.

I am really wondering after these interviews if he really wanted his daughter convicted because he holds her responsible for Caylee's death. Or, did he want her convicted and out of the path of making any future allegations against him for sexual abuse?

He also seemed a little bit forthcoming about the attempted suicide and I find that strange. I feel it would me more characteristic of a man to not volunteer this information so openly.

I can't help it. George is not passing the sniff test as far as I am concerned.

She sure has dug herself one here. Lee knows her as well as anyone and IMO she would have a fight on her hands to have any influence at all in the upbringing of a child of L & M.

Whilst there appears to have been method to Cindy's madness where Caylee and the Felon's ability to care for her were concerned - and this may be one of the few things Cindy had right in theory - she messed it up by virtue of her very character and nature. Lee and Mallory have already all but disappeared and I don't believe Lee will want her taking a hand in the care or raising of any child of his own ... one really couldn't blame him for feeling it will be like the last time.

Yesterday ,George was talking about Cindy and Lee having a relationship with Casey in the future.I don't recall how he worded it,exactly,but I got the impression Lee is in Casey and Cindy's camp. Mallory was probably the one witness that gave Casey credibility as a good mother.
I think they want to stay out of the media frenzy ,but are still pro-felon.

Now watch,just because I said they wanted to stay out of the media ,someone will announce a book or movie deal with them. Maybe an exclusive interview or something. I can never pin the Anthony's down.

I WANT to believe George and I do believe him up to a certain point but find it very, very bizarre that he was hoping for his daughter to be convicted.

I am really wondering after these interviews if he really wanted his daughter convicted because he holds her responsible for Caylee's death. Or, did he want her convicted and out of the path of making any future allegations against him for sexual abuse?

He also seemed a little bit forthcoming about the attempted suicide and I find that strange. I feel it would me more characteristic of a man to not volunteer this information so openly.

Well,like I've said before ,I will never really know what's true about the Anthony's,but George was the only one that was forthcoming about Casey with LE in the beginning.
What I do find odd is that neither of them acknowledge the duct tape.

Did Dr. Phil bring the duct tape up at all?

BBM

That actually depends on the man, having known quite a few men that have been open about that, I don't find it odd.

Keep in mind that the world, better stated those that followed the case, know all about the suicide attempt, so he may as well speak about it. It is no secret.

GA also plays the role of the woman in this family, as far as "traditional roles" and generalizations are concerned, so I would expect he would be able to speak and show a bit more emotion than a "traditional role" would encompass. Especially now that he has lost everything, including Caylee, and any shred of keeping it all behind closed doors ever again.

Dr P brought up Lee's upcoming wedding. Then asked if they would let their daughter babysit any of Lee's children.

It was all very sick...the whole interview...just meant to confuse everyone even more. The only thing I have learned from this case, that I can take to the bank, is how to dissect a sentence and to determine if it is meant to mislead...I still miss a few...I was generally cynical before but now I listen very carefully. It makes me sick that people can be so misleading.

BBM: Thank You ! I was wondering WHO brought up Lee's name.

:waitasec: WHY in the world would Phil ask the Anthony's about the possibility of the "felon" babysitting for Lee -- IF and WHEN Lee were to have children ?

This is NOT a question for Cindy, or George to ANSWER ! Cindy and George should have told Phil that that is Lee's DECISION -- NOT their decision ...

Phil should KNOW better than to ask a question like that ...

MOO ...

When I get lost I go back to the beginning. Look at the characters and the roles they played in this family. GA was the odd man out. A family is only as strong as it's weakest link and GA was "it". CA was called to JB's office "alone". She was the weakest link when it came to the felon. LA was next and GA was the one in the family that didn't "buy into" the felons act.

Dr. Phil said just weeks before the trial CA went to JB's office alone. The felon wants CA to know how Caylee died.

Dr. Phil...JB calls CA in for a private, behind closed door meeting & GA was not invited.

CA...I was the only one to come. JB came to the office. He told me Caylee had drown in the pool and KC panicked. CA relieved for Caylee because she didn't suffer, CA starts crying hysterically, she couldn't believe KC had put them through this, ruined her life.
( GA looks disgusted)...For 3 years KC did not come forward and say something. ..Why now? JB said he wanted to tell me early on but KC said no. KC wanted me to be the first to know. You know I can't keep this from GA & LA. JB says you can tell whoever you want. CA & LA told GA. Then her attorney Mark and his asst. came to their house. Mark wanted to sit down with GA, there had been some innuendos that there were allegations, that the states attorneys office was going to go after GA.
( GA running his tongue over his teeth, anxiety, looks disgusted) Mark wanted to speak to GA to see if he knew anything.

GA...My take was that CA was being played because of her emotional state, her heart was played through the whole time, through Jose and through my daughter and also through my son. I was never that one to believe alot of the things like the drowning. I still don't believe that. I kept on tellin her even that day that her and LA came back to the house. I said I don't believe it. Why wait 3 years to tell us this stuff now. I never believed anything the defense told me. I feel I've been played, she's been played, my sons been played for the emotional connection, because it was KC and Caylee, and I even told her that. I said why not invite me to this little meeting.

CA... well because of how you would react.

GA ... because I don't believe it.

Dr. Phil..Because they thought she would believe and you wouldn't.

GA..I really believe I was the only one they were targeting. A year prior to that, my daughter was talking about molestation. I said how can you do this to me, why can my daughter say this when it didn't even happen? So, I believe this was all their way of starting their defense, getting everything all set up for them, cause Jose never contacted me directly, he never did. Never talked to me about different things. Did I reach out to him different times in 3 years, I certainly did. I wanted my daughter to have a good defense, but I also didn't want to be played like a fool.

This is where I stopped the interview, I got tired of listening to these two. The next question Dr. Phil asks is to GA, when he first found out about the molestation charge.

I am POSITIVE that meeting was called to see how much Cindy was willing to back up Casey's claims. I just know JB wanted her to say she suspected there was molestation or that there could have been molestation.
Maybe they even wanted her to throw George under the bus for the drowning scenario.
Cindy must not have been willing to go that far,but she ramped up her claims of the computer searches ,including parts that weren't even in her deposition. I bet she was the one who helped gather up those photos that were "proof" of a drowning.And didn't her dates about the ladder being up change?

Does anyone remember how the felon sneered at GA's tears when he was talking about his suicide attempt? She mouthed something very close to "you/he should have" in re: to his dying...and just wanting to be with Caylee.

JUST MHO:
If GA had died the felon & her defense team would have said that GA was entirely responsible for every aspect of Caylee's death and disposal. He would not have been there to dispute any of it. It is MHO that the felon intended to implicate GA from MINUTE ONE! That is why she left the duct tape in the house and it wouldn't surprise me if she put it in a crate with the flyers that her father was meant to go out and post. She wanted his fingerprints on the duct tape just in case Caylee was found. JMO, IMO, JMHO, etc, etc, etc

BBM

That actually depends on the man, having known quite a few men that have been open about that, I don't find it odd.

Keep in mind that the world, better stated those that followed the case, know all about the suicide attempt, so he may as well speak about it. It is no secret.

GA also plays the role of the woman in this family, as far as "traditional roles" and generalizations are concerned, so I would expect he would be able to speak and show a bit more emotion than a "traditional role" would encompass. Especially now that he has lost everything, including Caylee, and any shred of keeping it all behind closed doors ever again.

Thanks for your post. As a man, I don't believe that expressing ones feelings make you less believable. Now, if someone comes to a conclusion about GA's truthfulness based on things other than gender that's ok by me. MOO.

this fight on 15th when kc left with caylee--i've only read/heard out of leonard padilla's mouth and his informant was lee. i just dont find lee to be very credible. i did see something about a neighbor hearing yelling. george has remained firm on spending time with caylee on 16th before he said he watched kc & caylee leave. i have not heard/read any info to dispute that.

IIRC ,and I may not :crazy:,Jesse Grund said Lee told him about the fight.

Does anyone remember how the felon sneered at GA's tears when he was talking about his suicide attempt? She mouthed something very close to "you/he should have" in re: to his dying...and just wanting to be with Caylee.

Yes she did, didn't she.

IIRC ,and I may not :crazy:,Jesse Grund said Lee told him about the fight.

Correct and I believe Jesse.

Anyone have any ideas on where KC went that night. I think her cell phone pings still have her in the area of the home. Maybe she was just in her car and calling Tony from there. George said he did not see her when he got home (I Believe). Cindy said (and we know this is a lie) that she did not check the room because she thought they wanted to sleep. George said Caylee was up when Cindy left.
I don't know how much that matters. KC left the night before and came home late and slept late. And the baby drowned on George's watch and he told KC and being the trooper that she is, she was still able to upload pictures to MySpace at 11:47 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998