Dr. Phil's Interview w/ George & Cindy Anthony - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

beach

Verified Expert
Reaction score
The interview that just keeps on giving and giving and..... ;)

Continue discussion here. Against my better judgement. :angel:

PLEASE post respectfully and limit the :deadhorse: stuff, okay?
Thanks!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148163"]Here is the link to Thread #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149173"]Here is the link to Thread #2[/ame]

FWIW, I believe the context was regarding TL not wanting Caylee to be in the apartment when Casey was staying overnight; not that she wasn't welcome there otherwise.

As for a link, my apologies as at this point I don't know where to start searching. :)

MOO

Agreed. Caylee had been at TL's apartment a few times IIRC. Once to hang out by the pool IIRC. I even recall trial testimony that one of TL's roommates girlfriend (at the time) was concerned because Caylee was left out on the balcony alone while Casey was "alone in TL's room".

ETA: Caylee however NEVER (not even ONCE) spent the night at TL's apartment.

Sociopaths don't have a bond with anyone but themselves. They use people but are simply empty when it comes to actually loving anyone. I'm sure she had no issues at all killing Caylee. The child was a problem to her, was beginning to speak, was the reason she couldn't have "the good life" and be free to go wherever she pleased, and was the major reason her mother was always harping at her. Easy answer - get rid of the kid - much as you or I might dispose of a chocolate bar wrapper in the garbage can - we don't need it - why keep it. IMO

ITA!

To Casey who has no conscience she saw it as a necessary means to get what she wanted done.

Killing Caylee meant nothing to her. Everyone is expendable to a sociopath. They do what they think they are fully entitled to do.

IMO

Sociopaths don't have a bond with anyone but themselves. They use people but are simply empty when it comes to actually loving anyone. I'm sure she had no issues at all killing Caylee. The child was a problem to her, was beginning to speak, was the reason she couldn't have "the good life" and be free to go wherever she pleased, and was the major reason her mother was always harping at her. Easy answer - get rid of the kid - much as you or I might dispose of a chocolate bar wrapper in the garbage can - we don't need it - why keep it. IMO

Agreed. I often see the same with Cindy. I think Cindy dearly loved Caylee. But I don't think Cindy feels any sort of absolute unconditional love for another person. She could never talk about Caylee's body being a "shell" if she unconditionally loved her. Caylee was a pawn to her a way to assert power and control over her daughter. Cindy only steadfastly defends Casey and appears to unconditionally love Casey because Cindy sees Casey as an extension of herself. Cindy is only concerned with appearances and Anthony family image.

My gosh y'all. I'm late to the conversation and only saw the last part of the interview. But my jaw hit the ground when Cindy said she would be fine with Casey watching another one of her grand babies. I mean, WTH is WRONG with that woman?

My gosh y'all. I'm late to the conversation and only saw the last part of the interview. But my jaw hit the ground when Cindy said she would be fine with Casey watching another one of her grand babies. I mean, WTH is WRONG with that woman?

I couldn't believe it either...but then again whether it would be fine if Casey babysat any of Cindy's grand babies is not Cindy's decision to make...It would be the parents of the baby, namely Lee and his wife.

I almost fell off my chair. That has to be one of the wackiest things shes said yet!!!
I seriously cant believe it.

CA's statements that seem to make it clear that LA is on FCA's "side" caused me to reflect on the trial....When LA got his own attorney I honestly thought it was because he couldn't go along with his parents supporting Casey. NOW I look back on the trial and remembor that LA was the one who went to JB to tell him about the pet burials when he realized his parents were not going to tell JB that...and I recognize that maybe LA got his own attorney TO support FCA...even further in conspiratal thinking...maybe LA wanted FCA to know that he was severing that tie for the time being. Perhaps this olive branch from LA is what kept the DT from further questioning him about molestation...I know there were rulings that prevented this from being delved into too deeply but for the love of goodness now looking back on JB's leading questions to CA regarding LA and incidents in FCA's bedroom, I feel pretty sure they (DT along with CA) staged that knowing they would not be allowed to ask those questions just to get the thought out there for the jurors.

It took me ALL this time. I really was a Cindy supporter up until the second DP interview.
The second day of the interview did me in. She showed me I was wrong and most others here at WS were right about her.
:truce:

CA's in denial and has been for years imo. No one in their right mind would let kc watch their child. key words being in their right minds. lol

Had Cindy said that she would not let Casey babysit another grandchild, I would have been shocked. But saying that she would let her babysit is exactly what I'd expect someone who doesn't think Casey harmed Caylee to say. There's no way she could say anything else.

I thought it was a ridiculous question for Dr Phil to ask.

Had Cindy said that she would not let Casey babysit another grandchild, I would have been shocked. But saying that she would let her babysit is exactly what I'd expect someone who doesn't think Casey harmed Caylee to say. There's no way she could say anything else.

Asking CA that question appears to be a moot point to begin with. First of all, another grandchild would either have to be Casey's child, or Lee's child, and in that case the question should be addressed to him and/or his fiancee.

:waitasec:

MOO

I do have to wonder if Cindy had even the slightest clue how inflammatory the statement would be about Casey babysitting. I think Dr Phil definitely knew that it would be inflammatory.

I never have and never will be a george supporter, but was another who used to defend Cindy as a victim of her family. The day she went from being broken down in a mumu hardly able to walk, to taking the stand all dolled up and perky changed my opinion.Then the reported remarks after the innocent verdict about how beautiful Casey looked that day. A really good grandparent would not be on TV talking, much less looking forward to Casey interracting and being alone with future children. Both are still defending her and blaming everything on "others" who Casey was with and some accident.

CA's statements that seem to make it clear that LA is on FCA's "side" caused me to reflect on the trial....When LA got his own attorney I honestly thought it was because he couldn't go along with his parents supporting Casey. NOW I look back on the trial and remembor that LA was the one who went to JB to tell him about the pet burials when he realized his parents were not going to tell JB that...and I recognize that maybe LA got his own attorney TO support FCA...even further in conspiratal thinking...maybe LA wanted FCA to know that he was severing that tie for the time being. Perhaps this olive branch from LA is what kept the DT from further questioning him about molestation...I know there were rulings that prevented this from being delved into too deeply but for the love of goodness now looking back on JB's leading questions to CA regarding LA and incidents in FCA's bedroom, I feel pretty sure they (DT along with CA) staged that knowing they would not be allowed to ask those questions just to get the thought out there for the jurors.

BBM

Do we know for certain that was the reason that Lee went to speak to Baez, or is that speculation? I wasn't aware that the reason for Lee's visit to Baez had been divulged. Thank you!

I thought it was an excellent question. Because now we know that if KC were responsible for 10 children and they all turned up dead at one time or another CA would still never find fault with KC. CA claims she wants the truth but will only accept what we all believe is a lie. That's pretty significant.

jmo

Asking CA that question appears to be a moot point to begin with. First of all, another grandchild would either have to be Casey's child, or Lee's child, and in that case the question should be addressed to him and/or his fiancee.

:waitasec:

MOO

yes panthera, but what i worry about( ive posted this before) is when mallory did her whole "fca is awesome mom, awesome bond w/ caylee"speil, makes me think( imo) that she has not only drank the kool aid, but she is still drinking it.(imo) mallory very well may be ok w/ letting fca watch her and lees baby. and sad to say, its not much of a stretch to think la would also be ok w/ it...of course, this is JMO, and i could very well be wrong, they would NOT want fca unsupervised, alone w/ their child..sure hope and pray for their childs sake i AM wrong.

Cindy believes that Casey may have wrapped Caylee in garbage bags, put her in the trunk, and then tossed her into the local swamp. Does that count as 'not harming her' in any way? Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, she was 'dead anyway' so it doesn't really matter.

I thought it was an excellent question. Because now we know that if KC were responsible for 10 children and they all turned up dead at one time or another CA would still never find fault with KC.

I don't think we know that at all. I have no idea whether Cindy will be the same person with the same outlook and the same views a year from now or five years from now or ten years from now. People can and do change. I believe that, although not everyone does. I just think we can't tell right now what the future holds for that family.

Besides, Dr Phil didn't ask her whether she'd find fault with Casey if 10 children she was responsible for turned up dead. (That would really be a bizarre question!) He just asked if she'd let Casey babysit.

As a side note, I really don't think that other children are in any danger if they're with Casey Anthony. I don't think it's a good idea for her to have more children herself for a long long long time (if ever). But even if I thought she had intentionally murdered her daughter (and I don't), that doesn't translate to her being some kind of homicidal maniac who runs around preying on children everywhere. At least not for me.

CA claims she wants the truth but will only accept what we all believe is a lie. That's pretty significant.

Well, we don't all believe the same things are lies.

But I do think that Cindy is not, at least at this point, willing to listen to what others are saying if it conflicts with her rationalizations and contradicts the world she has created in her own mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer