GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

Any more news on the poor child yet? It is quiet on HLN.

Sadly a lot of mother's are not educated on the dangers. That and also they work so hard and are tired, they get to the point where they feel they cannot go on. A man comes along, shows he cares for the woman and her children. He pays attention to the kids and the mother is so tired she doesn't see that he is truly flaunting over her daughter but instead the mother thinks he is a caring man who likes kids.

She works as a I think as a nurse aide and probably works long hours, little pay, many children. He comes along, and helps get the kids off to school, brings in more money, and the mother will just close her eyes to everything. It happens to many single mom's but mostly to the more desperate uneducated ones.

This woman will have to live with the guilt of bring this man into her home. Everything she thought this man was, is a total lie. Now she will mistrust her judgment forever. No money for psychological or parenting classes. She must now work again by herself to support her children and now pay for a funeral.

It is tragic! I feel for this mother, for I'm willing to be she had a hard life, probably made so many poor choices in his past and now present too. She is probably one of those that is trying her best but "HER" best isn't correct 80% of the time. She needed counseling a long time ago.

[/B]

BBM. I think you hit the nail smack on the head - these women are poor and desperate. Maybe when we find an answer and a cure for that, we will be able to put an end to child abuse.

One thing I've found is many people, men and women, are unable to be alone, they need companionship constantly - they never give themselves time to find out who they are. I was an only child, HAD to rely on me and have done it ever since - yet, some of my children, 6 of them, are unable to do that. I don't believe people, women especially, have learned to respect themselves, dug deep inside, to find the strength to stand on their own two feet. This politically correct, anti-corporal-punishment mindset we live with has raised weak people with no backbone, men and women who will settle for anything, even baby-rapers and murderers, rather than finding the strength to fight life's battles alone for themselves and their children.

In MY opinion

JMO haven't caught up yet, many times the mothers have no idea IMO. And IME this is not something strictly related to those financially challenged or "desperate". At all. JME

JMO haven't caught up yet, many times the mothers have no idea IMO. And IME this is not something strictly related to those financially challenged or "desperate". At all. JME

Thank you. I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

You all have to remember a sex offender that hasn't been caught yet or caught will prey on single women with children. They know exactly what to say to them and how to move it. It is a very lazy easy way for them to go undetected for years while having his sick perverted way with a defenseless child.

That is all I'm saying and this doesn't apply to everyone out there but some I do believe this to be true.

Yep, ITA! When I was single and raising four kids on my own I would tell my friends jokingly that the only man who would date me would be a pedophile. I did manage to have my fun and keep anyone I dated separate from my home life. It really is very easy to do unless you are looking for an instant daddy. I never exposed my kids to men in my life until I was ready to marry one. And I did and he is a wonderful step dad (although two were grown and gone by the time i found him) and we have a 12 year old together. Lucky me he is a young, good looking fella who knew a jewel when he found one, lol!

I was molested as a young girl by my step dad so I was very nervous and well aware. My mother never knew until I was in my 30's because i kept the secret. She had no idea what to look for as to signs and I was a shy and introverted kid in the first place. I judge no one...jmo

Just a quick question please? The last article I read said they were still questioning her Mom.

Has LE ruled out mother? TIA?

(not bashing her, just asking)

Just a quick question please? The last article I read said they were still questioning her Mom.

In the presser this morning Kat, Lt. Bartling said they are still investigating-

Sioux County Clerk Magistrate Lori Miskimins said Lopez has been scheduled to be arraigned on Monday at 9 a.m. in Sioux County Court in Harrison.

The arrest affidavit also says that a Nebraska State Patrol investigator and FBI special agent interviewed Lopez after Wilson’s body had been found on a rural Sioux County ranch. In that interview, the affidavit says, “Lopez indicated that he intentionally and purposely caused the death of Kerra Wilson.”

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/23/news/local_news/doc4e7d02a006b5f779687005.txt

Much more at link.

I haven't heard much since the presser. I'm sure there are plenty of questions heading her way.

not insinuating anything, but there has to be.....so sad

I would think that the arrest record is accurate for DOB who know what he posted on his facebook or why? I see all kinds of ridiculous info posted on people's facebooks and they are family and friends and not POI's or criminals. JMHO

thats one thing i dont understand...how co me so many children get murdered/kidnapped there :(

I guess because they can. Mothers have been protecting their sick children for ages. Some people, even in this day and age, consider mental illness a stigma.

Many of these boys have been sexually abused and the mothers don't even know it. In some cases, it is the mother doing the abuse (yes, sexual). They get drunk and molest their sons. Boy, are they messed up by the time they get to prison. Regardless of how they were abused, they are either angry and will kill or they are predators and will abuse. If they don't see that what happened to them was wrong, they continue the cycle. They actually believe the children want it... Just as much as they do.

In that interview, the affidavit says, “Lopez indicated that he intentionally and purposely caused the death of Kerra Wilson.”

http://www.starherald.com/articles/2011/09/23/news/local_news/doc4e7d02a006b5f779687005.txt

Maybe it was the first time he sexually assaulted her and that's why he planned to kill her?
Why the frig otherwise would he premeditate her murder??? She was 8 years old FGS
I really hope this <snip> gets what's coming to him in prison. They hate baby killers and pedophiles, right? Sigh.

Sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick......

In that interview, the affidavit says, “Lopez indicated that he intentionally and purposely caused the death of Kerra Wilson.”

Maybe it was the first time he sexually assaulted her and that's why he planned to kill her?
Why the frig otherwise would he premeditate her murder??? She was 8 years old FGS
I really hope this <snip> gets what's coming to him in prison. They hate baby killers and pedophiles, right? Sigh.

Did they say somewhere he premeditated her murder? For him to "intentionally and purposely" cause her death, I took that to mean it wasn't an accident. He murdered her. I'm not saying it wasn't premeditated, but I didn't see that reported anywhere. Premeditation, though, can occur in minutes. My understanding is that when someone "decides" to kill someone and they have any length of time to change their mind but don't, that is premeditation. So he could have done something to her and then decided on the spot to kill her and it would still be premeditation. To our legal WSers...do I have that right?

Did they say somewhere he premeditated her murder? For him to "intentionally and purposely" cause her death, I took that to mean it wasn't an accident. He murdered her. I'm not saying it wasn't premeditated, but I didn't see that reported anywhere. Premeditation, though, can occur in minutes. My understanding is that when someone "decides" to kill someone and they have any length of time to change their mind but don't, that is premeditation. So he could have done something to her and then decided on the spot to kill her and it would still be premeditation. To our legal WSers...do I have that right?

That is Premeditation!

Yesterday when I first looked at his fb pic I had the most overwhelming sense that this would be the case.

:rose: RIP sweet Kerra.

That makes two of us momtective! I'm so angry and upset right now that I can't get myself together. I'm suppose to go to a Pigpickin and after eating and saying Hi, take my four grandchildren back to my house for a sleepover. My grandchildren are ages 10, 9, 7 and 7. This really hits close to home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back