TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unbelievable how little national attention is paid to this baby...a baby disappears from his home and no one thinks that is a big story?? Look at the attention Elizabeth Smart had...and she was not an infant. I just don't get it...

I don't understand why any missing child is not top priority in the news. I think Elizabeth Smart's uncle was or is a photojournalist for the Deseret Morning News in Salt Lake City. Perhaps he had a lot to do with keeping her in the media.

I don't understand why any missing child is not top priority in the news. I think Elizabeth Smart's uncle was or is a photojournalist for the Deseret Morning News in Salt Lake City. Perhaps he had a lot to do with keeping her in the media.

Even if a family doesn't seek the media, for whatever reason, you would think society would demand more coverage of a baby simply vanishing in this way...JMO

There are so many missing children and even adults, media cannot possibly cover them all. When there isn't much new news to report, they move on to something else. Also, it's possible that this family doesn't want media asking questions all the time, maybe they're tired of any publicity and just want to move on. I know that sounds cold, but there are people like that who don't trust reporters.
I hope LE is still actively working the case, and looking for this child. Someone in that family or circle of friends knows what happened, maybe someday guilt will overcome them and they will tell the truth.

I really wish that this child recieved more attention. However, I can see why media sometimes moves on. In this case, there was absolutely no lead outside of the family. It seems most likely that something happened inside his home. There is no kidnapper on the loose. The family does not demand air time. It just happens.

We have cases like Holly Bobo where there was a LOT of media attention in the beginning. Now, the case seems to have gone cold, and there is very little attention.

I hate it when people keep comparing other cases. I see a lot of people disparage the fact that Elizabeth Smart received a lot of media attention. Her father DEMANDED media attention. That is what happens sometimes. He put himself out there. He pushed and pushed. The media attention really went down after a while when her case went cold as well. However, of course the media went wild when she was located. Who doesn't LOVE that ending? Who also doesn't LOVE how graceful she is? What about Jaycee Dugard? She also recieved a lot of media attention when found.

I never disparage other cases that acutally get media attention. I just wish there was enough time in the day to put EVERY missing person's case on the news. EVERY day, there should be a spotlight on the missing on every new station! It could be a different spotlight every day, but there should be a segment on every newstation to spotlight the missing.

This is all MHO of course! :)

I had been listening to all the reports about the wildfires near Austin and even googled a couple of times to see if any of them were near New Braunfels.

I guess I was hoping a fire would clear out all the underbrush so Joshua's remains could be easily located.

Just trying to look for some good out of all the devastation.

I had been listening to all the reports about the wildfires near Austin and even googled a couple of times to see if any of them were near New Braunfels.

I guess I was hoping a fire would clear out all the underbrush so Joshua's remains could be easily located.

Just trying to look for some good out of all the devastation.

No fire in the New Braunfels area just in Bastrop.

There was a fire with hundreds evacuated inside Loop 410 in San Antonio yesterday or the day before - not on the outer edges of the city but in a well-established area. They can spring up anywhere in this heat and drought. Can't count out a NB burn-off which might reveal some things. (On the other hand, certainly can't wish for one either. S.A. was lucky and no houses burned during the recent one, but it was very close.)

I wouldn't ever wish for a fire anywhere and I would gladly have sent my 11.5 inches of rain from Lee over there if I could have.

Somehow though I would like to find Joshua and get closure in this case.

I wouldn't ever wish for a fire anywhere and I would gladly have sent my 11.5 inches of rain from Lee over there if I could have.

Somehow though I would like to find Joshua and get closure in this case.

We could sure use the rain. I have a 96 year old lady that lives a few doors down from us and she said she has never seen a drought like this in her life. She has lived in Texas her entire life. We have lost so many trees already from not having any rain. Joshua is out there somewhere and someone has to know where he is. I just wish there could be more media attention to his case.

We could sure use the rain. I have a 96 year old lady that lives a few doors down from us and she said she has never seen a drought like this in her life. She has lived in Texas her entire life. We have lost so many trees already from not having any rain. Joshua is out there somewhere and someone has to know where he is. I just wish there could be more media attention to his case.

There have been a lot of wildfires in East Texas too. This drought has been the worst that many of us have ever seen. And I don't believe I can remember when temperatures were over 100 in the middle of Sept. So many trees and so much brush in this area, it's just disaster waiting to happen. They're arresting people who break the burn ban, it's that serious. We pray every day for rain, but so far, nothing.

As for the media, unfortunately when there is nothing to report, they will report nothing. It seems that the general public is more interested in hearing what Casey or the Anthonys are up to, rather than all the missing out there, so how can we blame the media for that I, too, wish we had more programs covering these missing children. It's so sad that there are families out there who may never know what happened to their son or daughter.

Reading a FB page for Joshua, he is missed and loved by a lot of people...where on earth is he? This just makes no sense...

Not the best news from a city with a missing child:

New Braunfels officer is fired
15-year veteran is accused of assaulting a child.
---
A 15-year veteran of the New Braunfels Police Department, [Michael] Cochran was indicted Sept. 14,
accused of striking a child during a pair of incidents, one in February and the other in 2002.
---
more at Express-News link above

Not the best news from a city with a missing child:

New Braunfels officer is fired
15-year veteran is accused of assaulting a child.
---
A 15-year veteran of the New Braunfels Police Department, [Michael] Cochran was indicted Sept. 14,
accused of striking a child during a pair of incidents, one in February and the other in 2002.
---
more at Express-News link above

I read that news the other day on ksat.com and I had the exact same thoughts. Immediately little Joshua came to mind.

I read that news the other day on ksat.com and I had the exact same thoughts. Immediately little Joshua came to mind.

Well I hope LE will get some other officiers to look into Joshua's case now. I don't want people to forget about him. Little children just don't vanish into thin air. Someone has to know what happened to him and where he is.

BUMPING for JOSHUA. This child deserves to be FOUND, not forgotten.

The officers and detectives assigned to this case must be taking it hard. I do not understand how a baby can just disappear either.

I live about 15 miles from NB and my grandson does resemble Joshua, somewhat. To make a long story short... daughter, son-in-law, and grandson shopping at Wal-Mart - got blocked at either end of the aisle by 6 PO's cause someone reported that my g-son was him. They had them there for over an hour verifying who he was. One of them took a pic and they had to wait back for confirmation that it was not... I wonder if that mother had to look at the pic? So SAD, why do people hurt our babies they are our future.

Snow, a rare event in New Braunfels, started coming down around 3:00AM that cold February morning. Did SB or SB and JD want Joshy to witness his first snowfall when he awoke later that morning? Hard to resist baby's first snowfall, and taking a picture for his baby album.

Maybe Joshy's feet never touched the ground because he was being held closely to protect him from the cold as much as possible, but maybe the chill to his lungs started an asthma attack from which he never recovered.

Little Joshy had already been hospitalized for asthma approximately 5 times in his brief life, but maybe it had been awhile since his last asthma attack, and his parents thought he was getting better so they risked taking him out.

Could this be a case of young parents so overjoyed for their son to see his first snowfall, their negligence resulted in Joshy's accidental death? He was a fragile child.

Perhaps afterwards, and since SB was pregnant, they panicked for fear their baby-on-the-way would be taken away from them permanently because they had been careless. Was Joshy secretly buried sometime on the 4th.?

If this is what happened, it would be a sad, tragic end to a sweet baby's life, and a most unfortunate accident. I don't think SB and/or JD would ever mean any harm to come to little Joshy, but it possibly did, and maybe the truth has just gotten harder and harder to tell the longer this has gone on. Did panic cause them to fabricate a story of Joshy disappearing? Perhaps it never dawned on them how many people, how much equipment and resources would be launched to find Joshy, and they felt like they couldn't go back, and reveal the truth. Perhaps fear has been the motivating force all along.

It's just a theory that hit me one day last week when I was thinking where on earth is this precious baby, and what other scenario could have happened that day.

Even young parents know that accidents do happen, and that they cannot be blamed for killing a child that they did not actually kill. By that, I mean, an autopsy would have shown exactly how he died, and I don't think there's any reason to assume SB and JD are ignorant to that fact.

Also, if Joshua was 18 months at the time of his disappearance, I'm about 85% sure that he had seen snow before. I live in Killeen about 2 or so hours away, and it has snowed here 3 years in a row since 2008; albeit briefly or as late as April one year.

According to Facebook, baby Joshua's story will be on CBS' Early Show tomorrow (10/10) getting some of the NATIONAL coverage people have been asking for!!! Tune in people...never forget this precious little boy!

Even young parents know that accidents do happen, and that they cannot be blamed for killing a child that they did not actually kill. By that, I mean, an autopsy would have shown exactly how he died, and I don't think there's any reason to assume SB and JD are ignorant to that fact.

Also, if Joshua was 18 months at the time of his disappearance, I'm about 85% sure that he had seen snow before. I live in Killeen about 2 or so hours away, and it has snowed here 3 years in a row since 2008; albeit briefly or as late as April one year.

http://kgnb.am/news/new-braunfels-survives-first-snow-day-26-years

See the comments as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads