West Valley police chief opens up about Susan Powell investigation

<snip>

Nielsen said his department got "beat up" in the media over their recent search in Ely, which included a check of abandoned mine shafts in the mountains outside of town. But detectives went there and to the Topaz Mountain area based on "solid evidence," he said. As for the "Monday morning armchair quarterbacks," Nielsen said he has told his investigators to mostly ignore them.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17426938

wow, thanks for the link, excellent and very revealing interview with the chief.

"In the coming days, Nielsen said his department plans to draft a letter personally inviting Josh Powell to sit down with the FBI and his department will take care of the expenses."

Thats calling JP's bluff again..big time. Gotta love this sheriff.

West Valley police chief opens up about Susan Powell investigation

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17426938

Thanks for this link ! :great: Great interview with the Police Chief !

snipped from linked article referenced above :

Investigators have said repeatedly that Josh Powell has not cooperated with them. But Powell insists, even in recent interviews, that he has been cooperative.

"None of that is true," Nielsen said.

Josh Powell also recently said in an interview that he would be willing to talk to the FBI but not to West Valley police.

BBM: Aww ... Josh will have to go "alone" since Daddy's "unavailable" at the present time to "hold his hand" ... :boohoo:

moo ...

snippets from : http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17426938

Much of his excitement comes from the mountain of evidence collected Aug. 25 during the search of Josh and Steven Powell's home.

"We filled a damn trailer. It's going to take us three months to go through it," the chief said.

Nielsen said there is still plenty of evidence left to comb through, which could possibly lead to finding other persons of interest.

BBM: wow ... the evidence filled a trailer and will to take 3 months to review ! Unbelievable ...

After reading the Police Chief's interview, I feel very confident that they are going to SOLVE this case and bring Susan home !

moo ...

*Meanwhile, down the street at the local Wal-mart Josh Powell is seen buying a huge case of diapers.*

Gulp. I have a feeling he will be needing them.

:bananalama:

I love what Nieilsen stated in this article. I love the force they are presenting. Lots of power behind solving Susan's disappearance. Strong statements that Josh & family can't ignore.

Wonder if they need help sorting that trailer? The support from other counties brings tears to your eyes. Love their determination, wish other cases had this. Again, I'm impressed. Go LE!

Interesting timing, imo. Hope we get to see the letter...and wondering if it's a "special" letter?

The boys running to the female detective was very touching. They miss their mamma. :(

"In the coming days, Nielsen said his department plans to draft a letter personally inviting Josh Powell to sit down with the FBI and his department will take care of the expenses."

BBM

What a simple and straightforward solution. In the long run, if Josh accepts the invitation, it will surely save the department money to do it this way.

I'm actually sitting here with a smile on my face and nodding my head. This will be good!

:great:

IMO

Thank goodness they are proceeding cautiously. Who knows what these two could do during this time of desperation. I, so hope Neilsen gets his wish and gets to make JP tell the truth.

My heart did sink a little when Neilsen said "We only get one shot at this" and yes, I
immediately thought how the Casey Anthony trial has affected LE nationwide.

Good morning everybody. Did y'all hear what I heard? One of Susan's boys was looking at a magazine and pointed to a woman's chest and said "Mommy - owie". I wonder what that could mean?

snippets from : http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17426938

Much of his excitement comes from the mountain of evidence collected Aug. 25 during the search of Josh and Steven Powell's home.

"We filled a damn trailer. It's going to take us three months to go through it," the chief said.

Nielsen said there is still plenty of evidence left to comb through, which could possibly lead to finding other persons of interest.

BBM: wow ... the evidence filled a trailer and will to take 3 months to review ! Unbelievable ...

After reading the Police Chief's interview, I feel very confident that they are going to SOLVE this case and bring Susan home !

moo ...

WOW I just noticed this!

The husband of a missing Utah woman is the subject of a child *advertiser censored* and voyeurism investigation that has already ensnared his father, a lawyer for the Washington state attorney general said Tuesday.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=17423073

Often times on these missing person's cases, there is a LOT of activity going on behind the scenes. That's why when some cases go cold, you need to sit back and be patient for a while. OTOH, SOMETIMES the case seems it's going cold because it IS!

I believe the sincerity of those who have been determined to find Susan, help with the motivation for this LE to continue their quest until they find a resolution. That resolution is bringing Susan home, one way or the other. :(

I think we all know how this is most likely going to turn out. No one's looking forward to that day, but yet we are. KWIM?

No matter what happened to Susan, her friends and family and most importantly, her two boys need to know what happened to Susan.

I have faith in this LE. They really care for this family and Susan. Look how much they've been looking behind the scenes when nobody was looking.

Wow!

JMHO
fran

Yep. It's time to put your money where your mouth is, Josh.

Now that the boys are out of the home I do believe the LE is becoming more open and at the same time applying more pressure on JP. I think they purposefully waited to do this until the boys were out of the home.

I may not know why they are doing what they are doing, but I do feel that what they are doing is being carefully orchestrated and they have reasons for what they are doing (searches and etc.) and the way they are doing it.

I hope that statement about it taking "3 months" to go through the evidence doesn't make Josh relax a little. I want him to feel the pressure is ON! If he thinks he has some time then he will be less afraid and less willing to play ball.

No that statement is more likely to leave him dangling. By now he knows what they took. And he knows or has some idea what is on what they took. So now he is waiting, waiting for them to find it. He may hope they can't make the connections about what it means, but I don't think he will have a lot of hope about that. And I think the above article will make him think they have found 'something' already.

It's sort of like sitting outside a loved ones ICU room when you know their accident is terminal.

West Valley City putting full resources into ‘red hot' Powell investigation

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17441820

(snip)
"We're getting really close to cracking this case and going public," he said.
Winder says what's been made public so far doesn't tell the entire story. Real evidence, he says, led to the searches in Ely, Nev., and Topaz Mountain. Those efforts, although seemingly futile, were just a small part of a bigger investigation.

Susan Powell case is at a "tipping point"

Mayor Mike Winder says that includes trailers full of evidence from both the Powell residence in Washington and the most resent search of the Topaz mountain area. "We have bones, we have charred clothing, we have charred wood, with what the cadaver dogs are excited about, and that we are doing DNA analysis on."

He says that analysis could take up to three months. "Are they ancient items? Are they relatively recent? Are they related to this case? That is what we will look to find out."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top...medium=twitter

My apologies, I have been MIA. But bones? I haven't heard this before there were bones. They are so positive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back