Stephen Powell Arrested in Washington State #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have missed the report on the noose? How did that surface and what was the circumstance. Confused here. Throw in the naked and beyond confused. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, now what's the deal with the noose, again? Was it was found at SP's house?

I have missed the report on the noose? How did that surface and what was the circumstance. Confused here. Throw in the naked and beyond confused. Thanks in advance.

It was back several pages in the court update tweets. JP claims the so called noose was a rope fashioned as a handle for his brother to lift weights with. Who brought it up oriiginally and how they knew about it I suspect came from LE. I missed a few pages before and after that post because of a meeting I had to attend today, just now getting caught up. :woohoo:

Is anyone else troubled with Josh asking that the oldest son remain in his current school? I see two issues. If the Cox family picks him up there, the Powell's could wait in ambush to cause a disturbance or worse, and the Cox's lose custody by being within 500 ft of the Powell's at the time. My other issue is, will the school have proper guidance should JP show up to take him out of class early in the day? We already have one missing Powell.

BBM

Yes, they will. This is a high profile case and the school system has enough problems already. I can imagine they will meet with JP and Susan's parents (perhaps separately) to determine how to handle the situation to reduce/eliminate any liability for the system and meet any requests.

IMO from experience

I think Josh and his dad are really screwed up. That said, my husband was raised LDS and when he grew up and chose another way, his mom and dad (LDS) disowned him. I think religious beleifs shoud stay out of this discussion..cos I come from a LDS familiy and there are alot of skeletons in our closets.

We had this discussion in the early threads too, and unfortunately, I think the change in JP's attitude in regards to following a faith was the catalyst in this case as it was in her wanting a divorce. I don't think it's fair to avoid it. Other believers in different faiths are just as "strict" with shunning...not only LDS. imo

BBM

Yes, they will. This is a high profile case and the school system has enough problems already. I can imagine they will meet with JP and Susan's parents (perhaps separately) to determine how to handle the situation to reduce/eliminate any liability for the system and meet any requests.

IMO from experience

I didn't think JP could be around the kids at all unless supervised? Wouldn't CPS or the courts send a letter of some kind to the school to let them know he couldn't take little CP?

Can someone repost a link related to the noose?

It was back several pages in the court update tweets. JP claims the so called noose was a rope fashioned as a handle for his brother to lift weights with. Who brought it up oriiginally and how they knew about it I suspect came from LE. I missed a few pages before and after that post because of a meeting I had to attend today, just now getting caught up. :woohoo:
Is this logical? (I don't lift weights and have no idea.)

Who is supposedly using the rope to lift weights? The naked schizophrenic brother? :eek:hoh:

I didn't think JP could be around the kids at all unless supervised? Wouldn't CPS or the courts send a letter of some kind to the school to let them know he couldn't take little CP?

Very possible. I guess my point was that the school system will probably dot their i's and cross their t's in this case to make sure they have done their due diligence. They will ensure they follow any court orders, for sure, and listen to both sides to make sure all bases are covered.

I'm just saying this is one case they don't want to screw up. They will do what they need to do.

IMO

Thanks Penfan for the link, my mouse is giving me a fit tonight, and to C&P or even click on a link is getting to be a mjor chore.

Is anyone else troubled with Josh asking that the oldest son remain in his current school? I see two issues. If the Cox family picks him up there, the Powell's could wait in ambush to cause a disturbance or worse, and the Cox's lose custody by being within 500 ft of the Powell's at the time. My other issue is, will the school have proper guidance should JP show up to take him out of class early in the day? We already have one missing Powell.

Josh has lost custody. HE has no right to be at the school now and the school will be informed by CPS and have a copy of the order in case LE has to be called.

What I found interesting was it appears that when the noose was referrenced JP knew exactly what they were talking about and produced a photo of the alleged rope with a loop in it. I do alot of DIY work around the house and keep a rope with a simple loop in the end hanging by my ladders. If someone suggested they saw a noose here, I would simply state they did not. I would have no clue which rope they were referring to.
It sounded like an admission of guilt to me. :banghead:
Why would he own a photo of the hangman's noose which is supposedly used by his brother? Toooooo weird!

Josh has lost custody. HE has no right to be at the school now and the school will be informed by CPS and have a copy of the order in case LE has to be called.
He will have to go to some specified place for his 3 hour supervised meeting. A CPS caseworker or someone appointed by the court will supervise and judge every thing he says and does with his kids. He will likely never again be able to tell or insinuate to his boys that "mommy abandoned you." (Woooohoooo!)

Snipped
The state's attorney told the judge that during a search of the home in August, police saw a poster depicting a woman with a sword through her genitals and found a hanging noose, and that on other occasions they had arrived at the home to find Josh Powell's brother naked when answering the door.

Snipped
Josh Powell contended that the allegation about the poster was false, and he had only heard of police seeing his brother naked as he left the restroom once.

Snipped
... He said the noose was actually an exercise handle, a photo of which he had sent to the judge.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powel...ser censored*-investigation/story?id=14628030

Noose and other stuff. Noose, by the way, was "an exercise handle" used by JP's brother who enjoyed working out...

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Also found hangman's noose in the home.

Enough!

Dear God

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Also found hangman's noose in the home.
1 minute ago

drewmikk Drew Mikkelsen
State says father (josh)shouldn't have boys for 3 reasons. Child *advertiser censored* invest of Steven Powell,condition of home, missing wife #susanpowell
2 minutes ago

KevinKIRO Kevin McCarty
AG says hangman's noose found in home, explicit sexually violent pictures in home, schizophrenic brother who walks around nude
2 minutes ago

KevinKIRO Kevin McCarty
AG John Long: "Not proper for them to live there while investigations are ongoing" re: #susancoxpowell kids staying with Joshua Powell
3 minutes ago

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Noose was actually an exercise handle, Josh Powell said. He said he sent a photo of it to the judge.
28 seconds ago

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Allegations false regarding brother. Doesn't think photo of woman was on wall. If it did exist, it would have been put away.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/29331729/detail.html
Oh, lordie....Attorney John Long (with AG's office) said the hangman's noose was found (in the same sentence) with sexually violent pictures. I don't think Mr. Long believes it was used to lift weights.

I should have clarified, my point was that CPS does not have the best track record in history unless we are talking about "woulda, coulda, shoulda". How many times did they drop the ball while Jaycee Duggard was a prisoner right under their noses? I'd also hope they would follow up and make sure EVERYONE at that school knew the routine regarding the child, and JP. I also hope the child will be properly supervised while outside. It only takes a moment to abduct a willing child, and JP looks desperate about now. JMHO

Wow....what is that about "photo of woman was on wall"? Was this the sexually violent picture? Was it posted on the wall and the little boys could see it? OMG

From - Originally Posted by Ronso
Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Noose was actually an exercise handle, Josh Powell said. He said he sent a photo of it to the judge.
28 seconds ago

Brooke4Trib Brooke Adams
Allegations false regarding brother. Doesn't think photo of woman was on wall. If it did exist, it would have been put away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc