GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewer: "Did you turn the computer on?"

Joran: "Yes"

Interviewer: "What happened?"

Joran: "She got on the computer, and opened my e-mails"

Interviewer: "I'm going to ask you something, and perhaps you can answer Yes or No (Joran nods in affirmation). You killed Tatiana Stephany Flores, right?"

Interviewer: "So, did that happen in the bedroom? in the bathroom? What happened then?"

Joran: "No, nothing, didn't happen in the bathroom, nothing of that" (Joran's Spanish is not very good in this sentence, am translating literally). I guess he is trying to say: "No nothing happened in the bathroom"

Interviewer: "How did you kill Stephany?"

Joran: "First I got on the computer, and saw news with...with...ah...it hurt lots" (again, Joran has difficulty finding the right words)

Interviewer: "News that hurt you"

Joran: "Yes, and I was talking about it with her [Stephany], and she me, me, ... (he was trying to say "me golpeo", but he couldn't find the right word, so interviewer suggested:

Interviewer: "She hit you?"

Interviewer: "Where?"

Joran: "On the head"

continues in next post

Interviewer: "But, it was news related to what?

Joran: "No" (Joran answers No before the question is well formulated)

Interviewer: "related to your girlfriend?"

Joran: "No, no"

Interviewer: "Your fiance?"

Joran: "No, it was something that happened five years, five years ago, and I'm talking about it with her, yeah, and so after she hit me, then I gol, gol (he is trying to say "he hit her back" Interviewer again suggested:

Interviewer: "You hit her"

end of this video clip (it appears to me his motion means he first hit her with his elbow)

Found the original news article, with a longer VIDEO of Joran's confession:
  • Haven't done transcription from the 00:00 to 00:50 mark
  • Also, haven't done transcrition from the 08:48 mark till the end

• Previous 2 posts: transcription from the 00:50 to 02:38 mark

• Following transcription starts at the 02:38 to 08:48 mark
Interviewer (Police) in BLUE -- Joran in DARK RED -- My comments in BLACK

Link to Article and VIDEO (longer version) : http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1308441/noticia-video-esta-confesion-que-van-der-sloot-no-quiere-reconocer

VOICE: According to JVDS, Stephany would have discovered in his computer news about the disappearance of NH five years ago, where VDS was directly involved as the prime suspect.
He is out of control......his dark and violent side appears......and he did not stop until she is dead.
Where did you hit her?
On the..
On the face?
Yes
With a closed fist?
No, with my elbow
You struck her with your elbow
I was sitting on the bed...at that moment she started bleeding profusely from her....
her nose?
Yes
Yeah, what happened next?
I was very frightened
You were scared?
Yes
Did you grab her by the neck?
Yes
Listen, after you struck Stephany on the face with your elbow, she then started insulting you.
No, that first, yes (what he says after "No" doesn't make much sense, perhaps he is trying to say she first insulted him, then hit him on the back of his head, JMO)
She hit you
Yes, and my reaction was to hit her too.
On the face?
Yes
She was bleeding
Yes, way too much.
You grabbed her by the neck?
Yes
With both hands?
Yes
On the bed
Yes
and then, where?
On the edge, on the edge of the bed, but prior to that, ah, at that point I was not thinking anymore, cannot remember everything.
(sorry, cannot translate what he is saying literally because it would not make any sense. Also I am not sure if Joran meant EDGE of the bed or the HEADBOARD. These are his exact words: "En el banda, en el banda de cama, pero primero con eso, ah, no se, no estoy pensando mas, no me acuerdo de todo")

How long were you strangling her with your hands?
I do not remember, maybe a minute, with two hands
with both hands. How?
With both hands, here, like this
While you are strangling her ....
(interruption)
What follows is a bunch of gibberish, words are escaping him:
"You got, pero yo golpee solamente soy (jalando brasa....aire), ahhh, yo me asusto mucho, yo, por eso yo he tomado a ella por la garganta"
I believe he is trying to say:
"he only hit her, and now he was hyperventilating, he was very scared and that is why he grabbed her by the neck"
Did you hit her with your right or left elbow?
With this one (Joran points to his right elbow)
Show me how did you do it?
Like this
How much strength did you use?
We were sitting side by side
Yeah, and how did you do it?
Could you repeat that?
How did you do it?
Like this, here (and Joran shows one more time)
Towards the back, with lots of strength?
Yes
On her face
On her face
Show me again
Like this
Yeah
(Interruption)
seems to me following question means from moment they got to the hotel room)
How much time went by before you started strangling Stephany
Ah, a couple of hours....two hours...
So it was daylight by then
Yes...the sun...the sun was up...
What did you do afterwards, after you see the girl is dead. What did you do next?
I don't know, I was thinking what do I need, what could I do?
(up to mark 06:00)
So, what did you do to the girl? Was she wearing cloths? Was she dressed?
Yes
Then what did you do to her?

Ah, yeah, I'm thinking what to do next, and I don't know why I lowered...
You removed her pants?
Yes, but I don't know why I did that.
You don't know why you took her pants off?
No
(interruption)
After you left your hotel room 309, what was the reason you asked the maintenance guy to open the door for you.
Because I didn't have the key.
Why did you buy two coffees?
At that moment I didn't know what I was doing.
You had no idea why? When you went back to your hotel room 309...yes?
aha....aha
with the coffees you just bought, what did you do once inside the room?
hmmm...hmmm... (long pause here, he says something, but is not audible, I guess he could be saying he "moved")
...the girl into the bathroom, and I put a couple of...my stuff in a bag.
(JMHO, but seems to me Joran was struggling to answer that specific question, and I got the feeling he was not telling the whole truth JMO)

Did you take money from her?
Yes, she had money.
How much money did she have?
S/. 800 Soles
S/. 800 Soles or S/. 8,000 Soles?
No, S/. 800 Soles
You took from her S/. 800 Soles?
Yes
Listen, did you strangle her on the floor?
On the bed
On the bed. Where you on top of her?
Could you repeat that?
Was Stephany lying on her bed, and you were on top of her strangling her?
ahh, yeah
You were on top of her, and you strangled her with both hands
Yes
You were on top of her, and strangled her, is that right?
Yes
Until she lost her breath and died there.
Yes
In what condition were your clothes after you strangled her?
(up to mark 08:48)​

Found the original news article, with a longer VIDEO of Joran's confession:
  • Haven't done transcription from the 00:00 to 00:50 mark
  • Also, haven't done transcrition from the 08:48 mark till the end

• Previous 2 posts: transcription from the 00:50 to 02:38 mark

• Following transcription starts at the 02:38 to 08:48 mark
Interviewer (Police) in BLUE -- Joran in DARK RED -- My comments in BLACK

Link to Article and VIDEO (longer version) : http://elcomercio.pe/lima/1308441/noticia-video-esta-confesion-que-van-der-sloot-no-quiere-reconocer

VOICE: According to JVDS, Stephany would have discovered in his computer news about the disappearance of NH five years ago, where VDS was directly involved as the prime suspect.
He is out of control......his dark and violent side appears......and he did not stop until she is dead.
Where did you hit her?
On the..
On the face?

Thank you so much for translation. We greatly appreciate the time and effort you expended to provide this information.​

Me and Mr. Jones on Natalee Island
http://www.meandmrjonesthemovie.com/

The film-maker's Blog

http://meandmrjonesonnataleeisland.blogspot.com/

Dutch with English translation

Meerdere Arubanen vertelden ons tijdens research:
Joran had eerder twee verschillende meisjes nogal heftig bejegend.
Zo erg dat er twee aanklachten werden ingediend tegen Joran.
Beide keren had zijn vader hem blijkbaar gered:
Joran ontliep daardoor twee keer straf door verplichte therapie te nemen.

Several Aruban told us during research:
Joran had two girls previously treated fairly heavy.
So much so that two lawsuits have been filed against Joran.
Both times his father had apparently saved him:
Joran therefore ran from punishment by twice taking mandatory therapy.

He will nvr see the light of day again.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/10454138/__Joran_is_nu_merknaam__.html?p=2,1

Joran van der Sloot is now protected trademark

AMSTERDAM - Zowel ‘Joran’ als ‘Joran van der Sloot’ zijn sinds kort beschermde merknamen. De moeder van Van der Sloot heeft de naam van haar zoon een half jaar geleden als handelsmerk gedeponeerd.

Translation
AMSTERDAM - Both "Joran" as Joran van der Sloot "have recently become trade marks. Van der Sloot's mother has named her son half years ago as a registered trademark.

Dat ontdekte regisseur Paul Ruven, toen hij bezig was aan zijn Joran-film Me & Mr. Jones. “Net voordat we wilden gaan monteren, kwam er een brief van een advocaat van Van der Sloot: Er mag geen film komen, omdat Joran een merk is, dat in het bezit is van de familie Van der Sloot”, zo schrijft Ruven dinsdag op zijn weblog .

Translation
This was discovered by director Paul Ruven, when he was on his Joran film Me & Mr.. Jones . "Just before we wanted to mount, there came a letter from a lawyer for Van der Sloot: There should be no movie, because Joran is a brand that is in possession of the family Van der Sloot", wrote on Tuesday Ruven his blog .

Omg seriously? Im speechless.

What's the scoop on the Dr.McGraw /Kalpoe lawsuit? Any idea?

:banghead: With all due deference to Anita van Der Sloot Inc., I wonder if (registered trademark) schleped to (registered trademark) while ( registered trademark) was registering trademarks for (registered trademark).

Obvously (registered trademark) has no respect for (registered trademarks). I wonder which (registered trademarks) take precedence?
Do ethics even matter? Obvously not!
:maddening:

:banghead: With all due deference to Anita van Der Sloot Inc., I wonder if (registered trademark) schleped to (registered trademark) while ( registered trademark) was registering trademarks for (registered trademark).

Obvously (registered trademark) has no respect for (registered trademarks). I wonder which (registered trademarks) take precedence?
Do ethics even matter? Obvously not!
:maddening:

Exactly. How does his name become trademarked?

Trade mark name : JORAN VAN DER SLOOT
Trade mark No : 009191545
Trade mark basis: CTM
Date of receipt : 21/06/2010
Number of results: 1 of 1
Request an inspection
Certified copy of the Application form Certified copy of the Registration Certificate

Trade mark

Filing date: 21/06/2010
Date of registration: 14/12/2010
Expiry Date: 21/06/2020
Nice Classification: 9, 16, 35, 41 ( Nice classification)
Trade mark: Individual
Type of mark: Word
Acquired distinctiveness: No
Applicant’s reference: MM/GMK601
Status of trade mark:
Registered ( Glossary)
Publication of registration
( Publication B1 or Publication B2)
( History of statuses)
Filing language: Dutch
Second language: English
National search requested: No
Graphic representation

No entry for application number: 009191545.

Description of the mark: -

Owner

Name: Anita O.M.A. Hugen - Van der Sloot
ID No: 418053
Natural or legal person: Physical person
Address: Stadionweg 88 HS
Post code: 1070 SR
Town: Amsterdam

http://oami.europa.eu/CTMOnline/Req...eno=&source=search_basic.jsp&idappli=9191545#

Nice Classification: 9, 16, 35, 41

Nice Classification: 9
List of goods and services Scientific, surveying, photographic, cinematographic, optical, weighing, measuring, signalling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus and instruments for the conduction, distribution, conversion, storage, regulation and management of electricity; apparatus for recording, transmission or reproduction of sound or images; magnetic data carriers, recording discs; automatic vending machines and mechanisms for coin-operated apparatus; cash registers, calculating machines, data processing equipment and computers; fire-extinguishing apparatus; electronic publications (downloadable);electronic publications, namely books, magazines, journals, newsletters, periodicals, newspapers, brochures, leaflets and other publications;computer software, hardware, electronic data carriers.

Nice Classification: 16
List of goods and services Paper, cardboard and goods made from these materials, not included in other classes; printed matter; bookbinding material; photographs; stationery; adhesive preparations for office use;or for household purposes; artists' materials; paint brushes; typewriters and office requisites (except furniture); instructional and teaching material (except apparatus); plastic materials for packaging (not included in other classes); printers' type; printing blocks.

Nice Classification: 35
List of goods and services Advertising; business management; business administration; office functions;merchandising, advertising and sales promotion;advertising agencies; promoting the goods and services of others over the Internet;bringing together, for others, of sound recording discs, electronic publications (downloadable), electronic publicaitons, namely books, magazines, journals, newsletters, periodicals, newspapers, brochures, leaflets and other publications, computer software, hardware, electronic data carriers, paper, cardboard and goods made from these materials, printed matter, book binding material, photographs, stationery, adhesives for stationery or household purposes, artists' materials, paint brushes, typewriters and office requisites (except furniture), instructional and teaching material (except apparatus), plastic materials for packaging, printers' type and printing blocks, enabling customers to conveniently view and purchase those goods, including such services provided online from a computer database; administrative processing of orders; opinion polls; recruitment of sponsors; commercial information; market canvassing, research and analysis; compilation and management of online databases and searchable online databases; organisation of trade fairs and exhibitions for commercial and advertising purposes; information and consultancy relating to the aforesaid services; all the aforesaid services whethr or not provided via electronic channels, including the Internet.

Nice Classification: 41
List of goods and services Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities;publishing of books, magazines, journals, newsletters, periodicals, newspapers, brochures, leaflets, printed matter and other texts and publications;arranging and conducting of events;booking of seats for shows and events; film production; photography and photographic reporting; layout services, not for advertising purposes;drafting and writing texts, other than publicity texts; organization of competitions; editing of radio and television programmes; scriptwriting services; reporter services; organisation of trade fairs and exhibitions for cultural and educational purposes; information and consultancy relating to the aforesaid services; all the aforesaid services whether or not provided via electronic channels, including the Internet.

Thank you so much Hazel! (for posting the video and translating the interview). Very much appreciated!
No problem LadyL...it's not complete, did the part where he confesses...didn't do the very beginning nor the last part when he is shown his bloody shirt with which he suffocated Stephany, which ultimately killed her :(

As I said last year, J's accent ( pronunciation ) is actually very good. He has lots of difficulty with sentence structure and his vocabulary is very very limited, his grammar is awful as well as his use of pronouns, but J obviously understands the questions very well. The interviewer repeats many times to make sure he understood the questions. I'm sure after all these months in jail, his Spanish must have improved.

Makes me sick seeing his calm demeanor, and smoking and drinking coffee/coke while he is admitting to killing Stephany, and showing how ... he only has a reaction when he is shown his bloody shirt...not sure if it is the sight of it or probably the smell :(

Hazel... thank you so much for your diligence in translating. Much appreciated!!

So Anita trademarked JVS's name?! Yeah... there's a(nother) mother concerned with truth and justice. Pfft!! She and Cindy Anthony will serve their deserved sentences in hell together.

No problem LadyL...it's not complete, did the part where he confesses...didn't do the very beginning nor the last part when he is shown his bloody shirt with which he suffocated Stephany, which ultimately killed her :(

As I said last year, J's accent ( pronunciation ) is actually very good. He has lots of difficulty with sentence structure and his vocabulary is very very limited, his grammar is awful as well as his use of pronouns, but J obviously understands the questions very well. The interviewer repeats many times to make sure he understood the questions. I'm sure after all these months in jail, his Spanish must have improved.

Makes me sick seeing his calm demeanor, and smoking and drinking coffee/coke while he is admitting to killing Stephany, and showing how ... he only has a reaction when he is shown his bloody shirt...not sure if it is the sight of it or probably the smell :(

the one thing that worries me is that it seems to me the interviewer suggested some of the answers

I don't read or speak the language so I hope that my perception is wrong

the one thing that worries me is that it seems to me the interviewer suggested some of the answers

I don't read or speak the language so I hope that my perception is wrong

Virtually all interrogators do that all over the world including here. I doubt that will be a problem. I'm more concerned that they will accept his plea bargain and he'll only get 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam