MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like that the Amber Alert is being cancelled!! People are just getting home from work and probably haven't even heard about this case yet. Why are they cancelling it? Makes no sense.

I don't like that the Amber Alert is being cancelled!! People are just getting home from work and probably haven't even heard about this case yet. Why are they cancelling it? Makes no sense.

I'm just hoping it's not because they know something we don't :(

I'm just hoping it's not because they know something we don't :(

I found it terrific they even managed to get one on the air given the no vehicle info etc.

Perhaps they realize they have enough (as in total) coverage by the media in the area and they don't need to keep the resource used?

Still wish they wouldn't

Hi all - just jumping in here - an ex-girlfriend? Was the breakup amicable/mutual or hostile? She would certainly know the floorplan of the house - nothing is too far fetched at this point....

A friend of mine who lives in the neighborhood called police last night to report "blood curddling screams" coming from the woods. The police told her it was too dark to investigate. Apparently other neighbors heard the same thing and called 911 as well with no response. What's the problem with this picture? They shoudl have investigated.

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1Zqyrxp44

Hmmmm....I hope with all my heart this isn't true. It doesn't ring true to me...

There are multiple local news stations in the KC Metro area and they all seem to be on site at this time. They have 30 minute news broadcasts at 5,6, and 10 pm. There is a large newspaper system (KC Star), and most if not all of these media outlets provide access to both text and e-mail alerts to those who sign up, so the word is out throughout a huge area of both KS and MO plus these stations cover areas that extend into Nebraska and Iowa, also. The St. Louis stations follow and pick up on stories from the KC area as do Columbia, MO. and Lawrence, Topeka, and Wichita in Kansas. They will follow through on the story whether there is an Amber Alert or not.

jmo

Hi all - just jumping in here - an ex-girlfriend? Was the breakup amicable/mutual or hostile? She would certainly know the floorplan of the house - nothing is too far fetched at this point....

I had that very same thought.....

Not correct. Dad bought the house in '02. Mom has lived there probably a couple of years. The older kids have been there over a year at least. Like I said before, they seem like very nice kids. They have come out to the edge of the yard when we walk our dogs and come to pet them. I do not know the dad or the mom, but am very familiar with dad's ex gf that lived there as our kids went to the same daycare. Mom was around right after ex moved out which was probably 2 years ago.

Thanks for the local insight!

Unless LE already have this all figured out, I'm sure the exes of both parents will be questioned, especially any who are very familiar with the house.

Praying for Little Lisa...

A friend of mine who lives in the neighborhood called police last night to report "blood curddling screams" coming from the woods. The police told her it was too dark to investigate. Apparently other neighbors heard the same thing and called 911 as well with no response. What's the problem with this picture? They shoudl have investigated.

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1Zqyrxp44

Hmmmm....I hope with all my heart this isn't true. It doesn't ring true to me...

how far away is this from the home? Maybe it was the mother screaming once she learned her baby is gone?

I don't see her (the one I know anyway, there might be more???) being the vindictive type. Stranger things have happened though. If anything were to be vindictive of her, it would probably be mischief or such things causing inconvenience. Not a major crime though.

I don't see blood curdling screams coming from a 10 month old baby. sounds more like and adult to me.

Was this area one of the areas searched? Maybe that was there reason for being there.

I don't see blood curdling screams coming from a 10 month old baby. sounds more like and adult to me.

I have been in the vicinity of enough upset 10 month old babies and they sure do sound blood curdling to me and I would expect especially through a dark woods and night.

This should be checked out ASAP. Most mothers might not see their own children's screams as bloodcurdling but omg its enough to bring on migraines from hell and do physical damage to ear drums lol. And wouldn't that be the reaction of a baby discovering herself with a stranger in the woods in the cold?

Of course I've forgotten how to include previous posts! Re: In da Middle - I'm trusting that with being a local you know what she would/could wouldn't do; any type of mischief or inconveniences would be disconcerting, but probably would have happened before this I guess. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of "Snapped!"

how far away is this from the home? Maybe it was the mother screaming once she learned her baby is gone?

I don;t see how any neighbor would hear a scream in the wooded are they are searching, especially from a baby. No way! If they heard this, they should have heard somebody at the house if that is the case! Where the houses are that could have heard anything are further south and they are not in that part of the woods searching. Not buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong