MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, this cell phone thing is making me lean toward some involvement of a household member. What random intruder is going to go hunting for all of the cell phones when stealing a child from a house full of people? sure, the phones may have happened to be on the counter , but how did the intruder know that there was no landline in the home? Did he check every room, including the master bedroom?

If someone stole all of the phones in my home in the middle of the night, my first though would be that they wanted my personal info, such as who I had been calling or texting, phone numbers of contacts, pictures saved on the phone, etc. This mom immediately thinks tit was to prevent calling 911. It wouldn't take me 30 seconds to be out the door at the neighbor's house to use their phone if my child was missing!

MOO

I know what you mean, the phone thing definitely adds a new twist. I just can't wrap my head around the parents being involved. Other cases yes, not this one though. This is just a random thought but do the mom or dad have any siblings that may have a gambling debt or a drug prob that someone would want to collect on? I know I'm reaching.....
But I do have a problem with the dad not having a cell phone on him.

:innocent:
I will never give up my landline either, Shelby. I get teased mercilessly by my friends about it. :crazy:

ME TOO! My husband thinks it's absolutely paranoid and ridiculous that I keep it lol.

JiaoJiaoShen JiaoJiao Shen
"She's really playful, she's really sweet, she'll go to almost anyone," said mom @NBCActionNews
1 hour ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

"She sleeps with her Barney and her Gloworm and her blanket," said mom @NBCActionNews
1 hour ago

"She's everything, our little girl, she completed our family," said #lisairwin's mom. "Can't live without her."
1 hour ago

JiaoJiao Shen
@JiaoJiaoShen Kansas City, MO
Morning anchor at NBC Action News. Proud mother of three crazy dogs. Runner, aspiring chef and engaged to an amazing man! Email: shen@nbcactionnews.com
http://www.nbcactionnews.com
http://twitter.com/#!/JiaoJiaoShen

:innocent:

ME TOO! My husband thinks it's absolutely paranoid and ridiculous that I keep it lol.

I keep one, too! I use my fax machine as my excuse, though. I can't remember that last time I used the phone for actual talking...

I'm sorry, this cell phone thing is making me lean toward some involvement of a household member. What random intruder is going to go hunting for all of the cell phones when stealing a child from a house full of people? sure, the phones may have happened to be on the counter , but how did the intruder know that there was no landline in the home? Did he check every room, including the master bedroom?

If someone stole all of the phones in my home in the middle of the night, my first though would be that they wanted my personal info, such as who I had been calling or texting, phone numbers of contacts, pictures saved on the phone, etc. This mom immediately thinks tit was to prevent calling 911. It wouldn't take me 30 seconds to be out the door at the neighbor's house to use their phone if my child was missing!

MOO

Depending on the type of phone, it might be a quick way to make a few bucks without getting traced. A sort of after thought as they walked out. As for the first thought- I imagine that it would be tainted by panic. Looking at it objectively I would reach the same "They wanted my info" or "They wanted an easy to transport source of money", but in my panic where my only thought it "Call 911, my baby is missing" taking the phone to prevent it would probably leap to mind first.

I'm thinking that taking the phones was an afterthought. Perp enters through bedroom window, which must have been difficult to do, as we've seen from pics of that window. Takes baby, decides to leave a different way so he/she doesn't have to make a difficult exit. Goes thru kitchen, sees phones charging on counter, takes them all and leaves through the door?

But why break in to begin with? Was it to take the baby? Was the original plan robbery (doubtful, IMO, as most thieves are more interested in just getting the goods and getting out, without any confrontation with people, or complicating a simple burglary with kidnapping)?

Just thinking out loud... :waitasec:

Poor baby and family. So scary that there is absolutely no solid lead at all. :cry:

Maybe grabbed phones so they wouldn't ring and awaken anyone?

How old are the boys?

What was that mention that the GRANDPARENTS had a phone stolen also? Or did they just also mention that the phones were gone?

Many people use their cell phones to take pictures. There are probably various pictures of Lisa on those phones at various ages, even as a newborn. A person trying to pass Lisa off as their own would want more pictures of her, people would be less suspicious if there are pictures of the child at all ages.

JiaoJiaoShen JiaoJiao Shen
"She's really playful, she's really sweet, she'll go to almost anyone," said mom @NBCActionNews
1 hour ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

"She sleeps with her Barney and her Gloworm and her blanket," said mom @NBCActionNews
1 hour ago

"She's everything, our little girl, she completed our family," said #lisairwin's mom. "Can't live without her."
1 hour ago

JiaoJiao Shen
@JiaoJiaoShen Kansas City, MO
Morning anchor at NBC Action News. Proud mother of three crazy dogs. Runner, aspiring chef and engaged to an amazing man! Email: shen@nbcactionnews.com
http://www.nbcactionnews.com
http://twitter.com/#!/JiaoJiaoShen

BBM

So, is it safe to assume that the gloworm and blankie were left in the crib? We know Barney was because we saw it on the video. I'm guessing the others were left as well or we would have heard it by now.

O/T The prosecutor in the Shaniya Davis case will seek death for Mario Mcneil, but not the mother. I will post link in her thread.

ABC Good Morning America - article
Good Morning America – 23 minutes ago

They were interrogated by police late into Tuesday night, but police said they are not suspects.

"The truth is that the family...[has been] cooperative since the get-go," Police Capt. Steve Young said. "That being said, everything is still on the table. We frankly don't have anything to justify elimination [of any possible scenario]."

Police are baffled by the case and have admitted that they have "next to nothing to go on."

At the news conference, Police Capt. Steve Young said police have received 47 tips and over 300 law enforcement officials have been involved.

However, the massive police and FBI search has come up empty so far.

There are no suspects and no leads, police said.

"Everything we've thought of doing, we've done two or three times at this point," Young said. "With any investigation, the longer time goes on without a conclusion, the more difficult it becomes. But that doesn't mean we're letting up. We're doing everything we can possibly think of."

http://gma.yahoo.com/missing-baby-lisas-parents-emotional-plea-her-return-062831685.html

To walk through the house with baby in arm and lights in house on then stop and grab cell phones , and if they were charging unplug them then unlock the front door and walk out.....

all the time at least 3 people in the house were sleeping.....

:eek:

There were people home in ALL of the recent abductions with children, and older cases as well.

Other than the Klaas case, which was different, younger children like VanDam etc., everyone slept right through the abduction.

We've seen a NUMBER of reasons these guys have abducted the children. But you have to believe someone who abducts a baby, WANTS a baby because they can't speak and they're young enough to change their name, etc.

A few of these cases we've seen, were B&E's that turned into abductions. Meaning, that wasn't the original motive for the break-in, but the opportunity arose and they ran with it. Like Jessica Lundsford. That guy had a record of breakins. A long record. But had only molested one other child prior to abducting Jessica. The other times he just stole things.

JMHo
fran

Theories:

1. Very well planned abduction. Perp(s) knew when dad was out, what time the rest of the family went to bed, no land line, where all cell phones kept. Perp(s) targeted a family with blond, blue eyed child that is not old enough to remember anything. Perp(s) are not related to family.

1a. Abduction in order to have their own child.

2a. Abduction in order to sell child.

3a. Abduction because perp(s) are child molesters.

2. Very well planned abduction and perp(s) are related to family.

1a. Ex husband or ex wife of Debbie or Jeremy. Revenge purposes.

2a. Distant family member....unknown reasons.

3. Not planned, just dang lucky and in drug-induced state perp(s) see child and split second decide to take her to sell for money.

----

Feel free to add to this....I lean towards #1.

God be with these heartbroken parents, please bring baby Lisa home saftley to them and her brothers, this is so heartbreaking:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member