Hi new to this forum.....my thoughts on the Routier case

Then I read the trial transcripts and knew my intuition was right.

I had a birthday last week, and guess what my wish was?

That everyone who discusses this case would read the trial transcript.

Please don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to criticize or poke fun at anyone. But the transcript is the only unbiased, factual source for information. Reading it takes time and patience, but oh, the truth it will reveal.

I've encountered so many people who were convinced of her innocence based on books, supporter websites, TV shows, etc. Then they read the transcript, and are appalled at the half-truths, misinformation, and innuendo being passed around.

You're right. It's well worth the read.

Please don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to criticize or poke fun at anyone. But the transcript is the only unbiased, factual source for information. Reading it takes time and patience, but oh, the truth it will reveal.

I've encountered so many people who were convinced of her innocence based on books, supporter websites, TV shows, etc. Then they read the transcript, and are appalled at the half-truths, misinformation, and innuendo being passed around.

:applause: I absolutely agree.

I have been lerking for a while now but I chose not to join until I had read the transcripts, I didn't want to look stoopid infront of the likes of Cami.

P.S- Thank you Cami you have unknowingly provided me with alot of helpful information on this case, I have found your threads and posts to be the most insightful and I have such an immense respect of your thorough knowledge on this case.

:applause: I absolutely agree.

I have been lerking for a while now but I chose not to join until I had read the transcripts, I didn't want to look stoopid infront of the likes of Cami.

P.S- Thank you Cami you have unknowingly provided me with alot of helpful information on this case, I have found your threads and posts to be the most insightful and I have such an immense respect of your thorough knowledge on this case.

Well thank you for the compliments. Very kind of you. But I had lots of help over the years, Mary being one who thouroughly know this case as well..and Goody can't forget her. I know she is looking down on us from Heaven and saying "you go girls"

I've posted a couple of times on this site. Yeah, I haven't read the transcripts. But, just reading from others who claim they have. I think that Damon was attacked three times not two. That Darin and a neighbor helped. It all seems strange. Everyone agrees that things don't add up. I watched Clue a long time ago. Tim Curry says at one point the murderer does things "to create confusion". The Routier's thought this out. Darlie was never intended to pick up that knife for the last time. Darin tried twice to kill him. If the cops look for the third accomplice, maybe the truth will come out.

There is absolutely no physical evidence that leads to a third person. That's a theory of Pardo's but he could provide no evidence to back it up.

and Goody can't forget her. I know she is looking down on us from Heaven and saying "you go girls"

Ahhh, good old Goody. What a dearheart.

Goody actually came to our board believing that Darlie was innocent. We got on her case, and told her to read the transcript.

She disappeared. I thought she was mad at us, and we'd probably never hear from her again.

Lo and behold, about a month later Goody reappeared, thoroughly convinced of Darlie's guilt. She'd read the transcript & then compared it to the information on supporter websites, articles, "the" book, etc.

That's all it took. Goody was not happy about being duped, lol.

Happy belated Birthday Mary :great:

I have read a lot of posts by Goody also, I have not gone so far back in the threads to find any posts of her believing Darlie but it is very interesting to know that she once did! That proves how valuable it is to read the transcripts!

Thanks, Rebdot, but I lied. My birthday wish was actually to be 21 again...or 31...or even 51. Whatever :)

I have read a lot of posts by Goody also, I have not gone so far back in the threads to find any posts of her believing Darlie but it is very interesting to know that she once did! That proves how valuable it is to read the transcripts!

At one time, I'd written out all the claims on supporter websites and compared them to the actual testimony/evidence presented at her trial. The result was astounding. Everything the supporters said was half-truths and innuendo.

I've lost those notes over the last 11 years, but thanks to you, I'll give it another go.

But not tonight. Tonight is New Year's Eve, and I wish you all a very happy new year.

you've inspired me, I believe. I am not a suppoter, I believe darlie is right where she belongs....but I have not read the transcript thinking it would be too long and boring. as sometimes I have doubts that a mother would stab her sleeping children to death before sense overcomes me when I come to reread this forum, I think I will be one to grant your bday wish :)

ohh....has anyone a good link to the transcripts that are NOT a supporter website? google only is giving me links to supporter websites and I am concerned they wouldnt be complete?

ohh....has anyone a good link to the transcripts that are NOT a supporter website? google only is giving me links to supporter websites and I am concerned they wouldnt be complete?

Even though it's a supporter website, I'm fairly confident that the transcript is accurate here: http://www.justicefordarlie.net/

Click on 'Evidence' (on the left) and then click on 'Trial Transcripts'.

If your time is limited, goldfish, start with the testimony of James Cron and Charles Linch. It's devastating for Darlie.

I did as well...until I read the transcripts.

I'm like.....almost to the end of vol 28 :| I knew this was gonna take forever :D

but can someone tell me, is darlie left or right handed? do we know?

ETA she is right handed, found it!

I actually have a question that has been confussing me.

On Darlies site I read that "Damon could have only lived 9 mins from his life threatening wound". Considering the first wounds didn't kill him are they saying he could have lived 9 minutes from the second attack? Or are they saying he could only have lived for 9 minutes after the first attack?

It may be a really strange question but its always confussed me.

I actually have a question that has been confussing me.

On Darlies site I read that "Damon could have only lived 9 mins from his life threatening wound". Considering the first wounds didn't kill him are they saying he could have lived 9 minutes from the second attack? Or are they saying he could only have lived for 9 minutes after the first attack?

It may be a really strange question but its always confussed me.

That's what they want to do..confuse.

They will never admit it was 9 minutes after he had been stabbed the second time. they use that to try and prove Darlie didn't have enough time to stage the house and dump the sock.

They will never admit it was 9 minutes after he had been stabbed the second time. they use that to try and prove Darlie didn't have enough time to stage the house and dump the sock.

Right, Cami.

The M.E. who did the autopsy identified and described each wound, but it was (and is) impossible for anyone to say in what order those wounds were inflicted.

In all probability, the fatal wounds were delivered after Darlie came back from the alley and found Damon still alive and crawling across the room. It's the most logical conclusion considering the other blood evidence.

although....she didnt just trip and fall with a knife and plow it into her sons' backs....why she couldnt have staged THEN stabbed?

I don't trust much of what Basia says as she is a nut case herself. If what was printed about her in MTJD is untrue she would have sued. Not Darlie or Darin but the author and most likely Darlie Kee who provided the author with leads and stories they had uncovered. Since CPS and the local PD keep records she can't deny what was written about her.
What bothers me about her is I think the Routiers were aware of her legal troubles yet continued to employ her and her daughter. Would you want that nut case and her family around your kids?

Doctors who specialize in diseases and disorders of the mind examined Darlie and found no evidence of mental illness, unlike Andrea Yates. Now that woman was OBVIOUSLY ILL.

Darin and Darlie are guilty of bad behavior, they were not the social norm and representing Darlie that way was stupid JMO...

In a DDI scenario I have noticed that no one points out this fact as part of the staging. Could Darlie have heard about these crimes on the local news and decided to stage her crime to look like this perp did it?...
The rawness of her mouth is purported to be from the sock being shoved down her throat.
I hope I pointed out what I think is misinformation here. The knife wound depths, the fact that crimes are committed everyday with victims own possessions (it happens with guns too), no evidence by skilled and qualified doctors of mental illness, the heel bruising is lividity,

It may be our opinions but deciding what is "normal" behavior is based on what
WE THINK WE MIGHT DO is stretching the limits. Behavior analysis should be left up to the professionals those people who hold PHD's and that we call doctors.

I am still on the fence about her guilt because the evidence for and against her is very compelling.
DDI- the night shirt blood stains - IDI- her camp says it was contamination that caused the stains.
DDI- the screen fibers IDI- once again the camp points to contamination before Lynch ever looked at the fibers- he did admit later contrary to his original testimony, he looked at the knives in question after they had been dusted.

JMO I think Darin is involved, either alone or with Darlie's help. The evidence cannot be neatly tied up with a workable time line unless she had an accomplice or IDI.

I understood you to mean you respect factual information, which is why you come to Websleuths, yet I've detected many statements by you that are not factually based.

First, Basia was not a nutcase. She had a mental illness that doesn't even require medication much less any kind of hospitalization. It is just a mental illness much like OCD or alcoholism, neither of which disqualifies a person from being a cogent witness in a murder case.

Second, this makes no sense "What bothers me about her is I think the Routiers were aware of her legal troubles yet continued to employ her and her daughter. Would you want that nut case and her family around your kids?" Are you criticizing the Routiers for continuing to hire her?

Third, I don't understand your point about Darlie's mental status and the use of it at trial.

Fourth, no Darlie could not have heard about these supposed crimes on the news. According to a supporter, Darlie wasn't interested in the news and rarely watched it.

Fifth, the rawness in her mouth being from the sock shoved in her mouth is a theory that was floated after the murder. There is no evidence this theory is factual and no evidence has been offered to prove it, not even in the appeals.

Sixth, the defense had every opportunity to present their own evidence including a mental health expert. Although I suggest a thorough reading of Lisa Clayton's testimony before expanding on your theory.

Seventh and most important, you should be very, very wary of anything Darlie's "camp" says. They often offer theories without clarifying that they are only theories and not fact. Saying blood stains are from contamination is quite different from offering evidence - evidence directly contradictory to an expert who did testify. It's not a fact until it has been proven. Ditto the knife.

Also keep in mind that some Phd's aren't worth the paper their degrees are printed on. The blood evidence tells the entire story. Also, I've never heard of another murderer to drop evidence by a trash can and a sewage drain when obviously both would be a good way to get rid of evidence.

Thanks for ur keen analysis. Very well put. It's the best breakdown I've seen on this case.. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back