TV Station Pushes for Release of ICA Jailhouse Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops.. I'm sorry. I saw it written as "Don't" in a couple articles. I should have done my research better

dont apologise to me, woman! we only get vicious and ask for links if someone says something insane and unverified :floorlaugh: a simple miswording will phase no one :D

I'm late to this.
:(

Let me start by saying I personally still believe KC is guilty.

That said, the video wasn't compelling to me in the least. The remains were found near KC's home. To be very honest, if my son was missing and a child's remains were found a stone's throw from my home, I'd go all to pieces. I would assume it was him and lose my mind.

Based on that, I can understand why the SA chose not to show it to the jury.

this was exactly what I thought back then - it could go either way if one says their child was missing. but then....

Except her story was that Caylee drowned and she already knew.

now that they say caylee drowned on the 16th of june, that makes this video look a lil suspicious. she does NOT look like "oh god my kid drowned 6 months ago" she looks like "oh god, now they will see the duct tape and know what I did"

Except her story was that Caylee drowned and she already knew.
Doesn't matter.

Baez's story to the jury would have been that GA, who controlled and dominated KC, took Caylee's body from the pool, and that poor KC was in shock and terrified of her abusive father; she went inside the house. KC, of course, didn't watch what GA did with Caylee or have any knowledge of it, so when a small child's body was found so close to home, KC fell apart because she realised her father bagged Caylee and threw her out like trash.

Doesn't matter.

Baez's story to the jury would have been that GA, who controlled and dominated KC, took Caylee's body from the pool, and that poor KC was in shock and terrified of her abusive father; she went inside the house. KC, of course, didn't watch what GA did with Caylee or have any knowledge of it, so when a small child's body was found so close to home, KC fell apart because she realised her father bagged Caylee and threw her out like trash.

After watching her demeanor and hearing how she talked to her parents in jailhouse tapes and telephone calls and how she dealt with law enforcement questioning, I don't know how anyone can believe that Casey was or has been terrified of anything or anyone.

Further, I am so sick of hearing about her 'abusive father'. She had such a rough life..boo hoo. got away with everything. To me, SHE is the abusive one. Never one thread of evidence to show George was ever abusive. What a crock.

--All my opinion only..

After watching her demeanor and hearing how she talked to her parents in jailhouse tapes and telephone calls and how she dealt with law enforcement questioning, I don't know how anyone can believe that Casey was or has been terrified of anything or anyone.

Further, I am so sick of hearing about her 'abusive father'. She had such a rough life..boo hoo. got away with everything. To me, SHE is the abusive one. Never one thread of evidence to show George was ever abusive. What a crock.

--All my opinion only..

Are you sure you haven't been posting around here for years??? :woot:

dont apologise to me, woman! we only get vicious and ask for links if someone says something insane and unverified :floorlaugh: a simple miswording will phase no one :D

Ah yes, words we live by.....:rocker:

Doesn't matter.

But you were talking about what you believed, not what Baez would say.

But you were talking about what you believed, not what Baez would say.
No I wasn't. I said the tape wasn't compelling to me, because Caylee was found so close to home, KC's reaction was reasonable. Heck I was beside myself on the day the remains were found, and I certainly didn't harm Caylee. The story changed to accidental drowning/coverup. However, I still don't find the tape in the least bit compelling.
Here's why:
In isolation the tape only proves KC concluded what everyone else did; the child's remains near KCs home was Caylee.

I don't find it compelling that she reacted the same way most of us did when we heard the news. Especially since I can spin my own acceptable scenario as to why she reacted the way she did;

A) her baby was kidnapped,
b) GA disposed of Caylee and the location was horrifying to KC because it proved everything she already believed about GA. Terrified, she kept lying out of fear.

I don't actually believe either of those things. My belief is that KC put Caylee there after she killer her, either accidentally or on purpose. That said, I can see scenario B as believable to some jurors, especially the twelve who heard the case.

--All my opinion only..
And mental health experts could posit that KC suffered from some form of Stockholm Syndrome, and lying and covering up for GA and CA were indicative of that.

Again, I don't believe KC is scared of anything, especially not GA or CA, but if I knew nothing else and I was on the jury panel, I might be swayed, especially by mental health experts, because abuse is such a deep and complex thing.

That said, I'd have voted guilty if I had sat on her jury.

KC was evaluated by a number of psychologist at the time of her arrest and right before the trial. In doing so SA was permitted to cross-examine their findings if they were to testify on behalf of the defense. Defense quickly withdrew those witnesses and we never heard from them during trial, only a grief lady who never spoke with KC.

Whatever conclusions these doctors came to they were not benefical to KC's defense which paints a pretty vivid pictures for us. jmo

And mental health experts could posit that KC suffered from some form of Stockholm Syndrome, and lying and covering up for GA and CA were indicative of that.

Again, I don't believe KC is scared of anything, especially not GA or CA, but if I knew nothing else and I was on the jury panel, I might be swayed, especially by mental health experts, because abuse is such a deep and complex thing.

When did FCA cover up for GA and CA?
If you watched the same trial that the jury watched, you DID know something else..you heard FCA cussing at her family over the phone and talking down to them in those prison tapes. I guess I just don't get what you are talking about?!

--All my opinion only!

Stockholm syndrome? Come on. That is silly. When did she ever cover for anyone but herself?

If you watched the same trial that the jury watched, you DID know something else..you heard FCA cussing at her family over the phone and talking down to them in those prison tapes. I guess I just don't get what you are talking about?!

--All my opinion only!
Never, I'm just playing devil's advocate. Baez could have made the argument and clearly the famous 12 would have swallowed it hook, line and, sinker.

--All my opinion only!

Of course it is, but who cares? The twelve who freed her clearly would swallow anything Baez shoveled at them.

Turnadot's one of the good guys..she's just saying how JB would have presented things given what was shown on the video.

No I wasn't. I said the tape wasn't compelling to me, because Caylee was found so close to home, KC's reaction was reasonable. Heck I was beside myself on the day the remains were found, and I certainly didn't harm Caylee. The story changed to accidental drowning/coverup. However, I still don't find the tape in the least bit compelling.
Here's why:
In isolation the tape only proves KC concluded what everyone else did; the child's remains near KCs home was Caylee.

I don't find it compelling that she reacted the same way most of us did when we heard the news. Especially since I can spin my own acceptable scenario as to why she reacted the way she did;

A) her baby was kidnapped,
b) GA disposed of Caylee and the location was horrifying to KC because it proved everything she already believed about GA. Terrified, she kept lying out of fear.

I don't actually believe either of those things. My belief is that KC put Caylee there after she killed her, either accidentally or on purpose. That said, I can see scenario B as believable to some jurors, especially the twelve who heard the case.
Just to be clear, I'm going to highlight it in red this time.

ETA: I still don't find the tape compelling, in and of itself. Juxtaposed with her non-reaction to the JBP search though...

Perhaps the SA should have shown both. Doesn't matter now; it's just a real downer for me (to say the least!), to know she's free.

KC was evaluated by a number of psychologist at the time of her arrest and right before the trial. In doing so SA was permitted to cross-examine their findings if they were to testify on behalf of the defense. Defense quickly withdrew those witnesses and we never heard from them during trial, only a grief lady who never spoke with KC.

Whatever conclusions these doctors came to they were not benefical to KC's defense which paints a pretty vivid pictures for us. jmo
For us, yes; but the the 12? They didn't need to bother with anything as silly as evidence and fact. My opinion is that Baez could have floated pretty much any theory to them, without a single mental health expert to back Baez up, and they still would have accepted it, despite the facts.

I don't think KC ever expected them to find anything because DC was there searching for three days in the area where KC had placed Caylee and found nothing. I believe this is exactly what JB told her. "We searched where you told us and found nothing." That Caylee could have been drug off or buried by animals.

CA told Dr. Phil that KC could not tell LE where Caylee's remains were because they where not where they were suppose to be, they were moved. How would CA know that??? In the tape you can see by KC's actions she is not happy with JB as if it is his fault the remains were found. jmo

The release of this video, was just another segment in what could be called the world's greatest reality show, and it is far from over. We still have the decision of the appeals court, upcoming civil suits, 10 months of probation updates, books, interviews, and most likely movies. The media is not done with this story.

This story somehow caught nationwide attention in July of 2008, and the Perfect Storm began.

Caylee was a beautiful young child who captured the heart of America. Initially we thought she was missing, and hoped and prayed this adorable child would be found alive and well. 100's of volunteers came to help search. The outrage felt by the public at large, at this mother, who for 31 days never even reported this beautiful child missing, fueled the media's relentless reporting of anything and everything to do with this tragic story.
Then, the world's greatest reality show, began to write itself. The colorful cast of characters were popping up left and right. As many have said, Folks, you just can't make this stuff up. The grieving grandparents were outspoken and somewhat volatile. A toothpick chomping, cowboy hat wearing, bounty hunter posted bail for the woman NG had dubbed the "Tot Mom." A mysterious nanny, had surfaced through LE investigation. Although when KC was shown a photo of her and claimed she was not Zanny the nanny, Z?G was approached by M&M and became their client. The cast of characters on the world's greatest reality show continued to grow, and after the heartbreaking news in Dec 2008, that a meter reader had found the remains, the nation mourned the tragic death of the beautiful Caylee. The growth of the story did not slow down with this discovery, in fact, the growth accelerated. Now the public's outrage towards KC turned to hatred. How could this vile woman murder that beautiful child by dosing her with chloroform and then suffocating her with duct tape, triple bagging her and tossing her into the swamp like garbage. The story continued to write itself, in a way no writer in Hollywood would ever even consider.

The Florida Sunshine law added many chapters to the story. The revolving door had lawyers coming and going constantly. Ex boyfriends, party pics, jailhouse tapes, and TH's kept the story in the news.

At long last, nearly 3 years in the making, the most anticipated trial since OJ was upon us. The world's greatest reality show, continued to write itself. The anticipation of the notorious KC finally getting her just desserts fascinated the nation. Closure was almost a given, as this woman would most assuredly be convicted of her heinous crimes. The only thing that remained to be seen was whether or not she would be executed or just spend the rest of her life in jail. No doubt it would be one or the other.

But this had become the world's greatest reality show, and a humdrum ending like KC being convicted of murder and getting the DP or LWOP was not to be. As this story continued to write itself, the justice system produced an epic fail, and the biggest blunder by a jury since the OJ trial resulted in a not guilty verdict on the first 3 counts. and the public was once again outraged. KC had become the most hated woman in America, and now, she was unbelieveably going to walk free.

As a small consolation, KC was convicted on 4 misdemeanors and sentenced to probation, and ordered to pay $217,000. Naturally, as par for the course in this story, appeals have been filed.

Upcoming appeal decisions, civil suits, and probation reports will keep this story from falling completely off the radar.

Can the world's greatest reality show write itself an ending that will satisfy the masses? What kind of an ending to this story would give everyone some sort of closure? As it is, the justice system has seemingly failed, the most hated woman in the country has gotten away with murder, Caylee has died a tragic death, and we the public are no closer to the truth than we were 3 years ago.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304