MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
..they were using the dogs very early on..

http://www.globaltvbc.com/world/kan...search+moves+to+2nd+day/6442495610/story.html

On Wednesday, FBI agents with dogs searched the family's home, a light-green ranch-style home in a cozy neighbourhood along a winding street. An FBI spokeswoman acknowledged the agency was committing significant resources to the search, but declined to discuss why the agents entered the home or what they found.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/05/3190150/as-search-continues-parents-plead.html

More than 300 law enforcement officers have been involved in the search. Authorities have conducted three shoulder-to-shoulder searches in woods near the home and have deployed police dogs several times.

“Unfortunately, none of those have really led us anywhere,” Young said.
On Wednesday, FBI personnel in protective clothing gathered original scents from the house so they would have something for specially trained dogs to track. Those dogs started working late Wednesday morning, Young said.

Sorry, I should have said, WISH THEY WOULD HAVE HAD MORE SUCCESS WITH DOGS IN THE BEGINNING.....IN A SITUATION PERSONAL TO ME:

They brought a canine from the XXXX police department to come sniff and follow the person's scent. The canines showed that this person parked at the end of our street, hugged close to each house until it got to ours and went right into the backyard, to the slide, and to our window. Amazing that a dog can figure all of this out

Maybe the dogs alerted them to more than they are saying....but it seems to me in other cases, if the dogs DID pick up on a strangers scent, which direction the perp (and/or victim) headed, etc. LE will announce that. I recall that has happened in several missing person cases.

So besides re-enacting the window which was being either recorded or pictures taken by a detective from what I can see in the pics, did they do anything else? Anyone?

Nothing that was announced. Jeremy's sister Ashley was at the speedway, reportedly to raise funds and get the word out about Lisa to 80k people. In the announcement about that, it was stated that Lisa's parents were absent from the event. I hope they spent the day with LE and there is investigative progress being made.

ETA: This is aside from the reports of LE interviewing the teen neighbor again earlier this morning.

Up to now, been lurking, hoping for a quick resolution :sigh:

Apologize if this has been posted already, but I haven't been able to catch up on all posts. Here is a link to DB's court case with SB showing she was awarded $206 per month child support and "medical support" beginning 2/15/09:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/judgements.do

I assume medical support means insurance.

Among the many things that I find odd in this case, why has LE not asked JI to take a lie detector? He stated on his Friday Today show interview that he would take one, but hadn't been asked. Also, do we know for certain that DB failed the LD or did LE just tell her that to see what her reaction would be? I think LE may be allowing JI to feel overly confident just to see if he "slips up". JMO

IMO, I am far more suspicious of JI than DB. I can imagine a scenario where he may have feared DB might go back to her ex and take baby Lisa with her. He stages an abduction, with the cooperation of a family member, passing her off to someone in the middle of the night. Other than a scenario such as this, I have to say it must be a stranger abduction, even though I know statistics suggest this unlikely.

..in this clip that pattyG linked from the judge jeanine show-----deborah mentions that the neighbour and her 4 year old daughter were over that evening...the little girl was watching a movie in the boys bedroom with them.

..surely the neighbour saw lisa too? that would significantly narrow down the last sighting of her..by someone other than deborah.

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1208764392001/exclusive-parents-of-missing-baby-lisa-speak-out/?playlist_id=163706[/ame]

I have trying to keep up with this thread but have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me

• Is there a military base within 100 miles of the Irwin household?
  • A few days back there was mention of a call made/received from one of the stolen phones after midnight. Has this been verified by LE?
  • Has anyone been verified as the person walking down the street with a baby that was seen by the neighbor?
Good questions.

There's a KC-area military base: it's Richards-Gebaur AFB. Ft. Leavenworth is also right across the border, in Kansas.

Neither the "call" nor the neighbor's sighting has been verified by LE, I don't think.

Someone did ask earlier today, but I missed the answer, who was the last non-family member to see Lisa? And when exactly was that? Did they really see her, or for instance assume she was asleep in her crib. Mom did state that she had a cold.

In that video posted above it looks as though LE stood on some sort of small table. Like an outside table to hold drinks.

So besides re-enacting the window which was being either recorded or pictures taken by a detective from what I can see in the pics, did they do anything else? Anyone?

Doesn't seem so; not exactly like watching paint dry but I did laugh a couple of times and wished we had audio.

Sorry, I should have said, WISH THEY WOULD HAVE HAD MORE SUCCESS WITH DOGS IN THE BEGINNING.....IN A SITUATION PERSONAL TO ME:

They brought a canine from the XXXX police department to come sniff and follow the person's scent. The canines showed that this person parked at the end of our street, hugged close to each house until it got to ours and went right into the backyard, to the slide, and to our window. Amazing that a dog can figure all of this out

Maybe the dogs alerted them to more than they are saying....but it seems to me in other cases, if the dogs DID pick up on a strangers scent, which direction the perp (and/or victim) headed, etc. LE will announce that. I recall that has happened in several missing person cases.

I don't really know anything about scent dogs, but where did they find the scent to follow? I thought normally it was clothing? Or were the dogs able to detect the scent from the window and follow it?

I wonder if those cell phones were in the burning dumpster.My Hinky is still leading directly to the mother.Too many things happened that night.Father's first night shift.Door is left unlocked.The lights are on and the dumpster is burning.Who was over to visit with the mom? and what is she not telling.Now we hear about the teenager being there.Was that mentioned in the beginning and why not?

Lisa had to have been taken away from the house on foot (carried) at least initially, why no scent? Are dogs not helpful when leading from the home of the missing? Too many scents to follow from daily activities? I guess I always count on dogs too much but there seems to be a lot that can't be determined. (I know there is always the right kind of dog, right kind of training debate...) Anyway, JMO.

Perhaps the scents were people that were usual to the house. Not to get back into the 'DNA taken issue' but there may have been something found in a place where it may not have normally been. [I'll leave it right there for now]

Doesn't seem so; not exactly like watching paint dry but I did laugh a couple of times and wished we had audio.

I believe the most recent article said they removed more items from the home. Hopefully a hard drive.

On media page on the second day a person by the name of MB posted a comment. I found it strange if this is her soon to be x husband if it was him to be posting and seemed to have knowledge of the case so soon.

I have trying to keep up with this thread but have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me

• Is there a military base within 100 miles of the Irwin household?
  • A few days back there was mention of a call made/received from one of the stolen phones after midnight. Has this been verified by LE?
  • Has anyone been verified as the person walking down the street with a baby that was seen by the neighbor?

The only military base within 100 miles is Fort Leavenworth, which is approx 30 miles from the Irwin home.

There's also an air force base, but I'm not sure what the name of it is, which is located about the same distance (30 miles).

Lisa had to have been taken away from the house on foot (carried) at least initially, why no scent? Are dogs not helpful when leading from the home of the missing? Too many scents to follow from daily activities? I guess I always count on dogs too much but there seems to be a lot that can't be determined. (I know there is always the right kind of dog, right kind of training debate...) Anyway, JMO.

When we walk around, we are constantly shedding skin cells - that is what the dogs are sniffing. If she was carried out of the house in a duffel bag or wrapped in a freshly laundered blanket then maybe there just weren't enough skin cells for the the dogs to track. Also, the fact that she was freshly bathed might actually have hindered the dogs somewhat.

I don't really know anything about scent dogs, but where did they find the scent to follow? I thought normally it was clothing? Or were the dogs able to detect the scent from the window and follow it?

For one everyone keeps mentioning if the baby was carried out a scent would not be able to be followed, however, remember...while hopes are to follow the scent of the child ...a stranger at the window scent could be picked up and followed...so why that didn't happen is another indicator that the person did not come in through or exit that window, in my opinion.

I just came in from working on the house to grab a coffee and FoxNews was saying they had metal detectors being used in the yard again today. Sorry no link at this time.

My understanding the scent was from the Little Tikes slide and the screen that had been pushed up. The dogs were able to track where the person had walked (along the houses) and also where the scent began/ended (car that would have been parked at the end of the block).

In Lisa's case, maybe the dogs didn't alert to a 'stranger scent'....because there was no stranger??

Someone did ask earlier today, but I missed the answer, who was the last non-family member to see Lisa? And when exactly was that? Did they really see her, or for instance assume she was asleep in her crib. Mom did state that she had a cold.

On October 2nd, there was a birthday party for Lisa's older brother where numerous friends/extended family members were there, and saw Lisa.

You can see pictures from the birthday party here: http://www.kctv5.com/slideshow?widgetid=37993

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie