MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good questions.

There's a KC-area military base: it's Richards-Gebaur AFB.

Neither the "call" nor the neighbor's sighting has been verified by LE, I don't think.

We could add in Whiteman Air Force Base MO and stretch it for Fort Riley KS.

ETA Forbes Field Air Force Base Topeka KS

I have trying to keep up with this thread but have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me

• Is there a military base within 100 miles of the Irwin household?
  • A few days back there was mention of a call made/received from one of the stolen phones after midnight. Has this been verified by LE?
  • Has anyone been verified as the person walking down the street with a baby that was seen by the neighbor?

Your screen name is making me hungry.
Man, could I stand some chile con queso right about now.

I have trying to keep up with this thread but have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me

• A few days back there was mention of a call made/received from one of the stolen phones after midnight. Has this been verified by LE?
  • Has anyone been verified as the person walking down the street with a baby that was seen by the neighbor?

I think there is an Air Force base close, not sure.
The call or text seems to be a rumor so far.
Nothing came of the man carrying a baby.

For one everyone keeps mentioning if the baby was carried out a scent would not be able to be followed, however, remember...while hopes are to follow the scent of the child ...a stranger at the window scent could be picked up and followed...so why that didn't happen is another indicator that the person did not come in through or exit that window, in my opinion.

Or, it could be an indicator that the scent was not from a stranger, but someone who belonged there.

For one everyone keeps mentioning if the baby was carried out a scent would not be able to be followed, however, remember...while hopes are to follow the scent of the child ...a stranger at the window scent could be picked up and followed...so why that didn't happen is another indicator that the person did not come in through or exit that window, in my opinion.
Thanks!
In using the case kmartin is referencing, that is what I was trying to put together in my head. If the dogs can pick up a strange scent, then why was none found outside baby Lisa's home.
Of course, that question has a couple of different answers.

On media page on the second day a person by the name of MB posted a comment. I found it strange if this is her soon to be x husband if it was him to be posting and seemed to have knowledge of the case so soon.

..the initials of the 'soon-to-be-X' are SB though. ..(their 5 year old son is MB.)

The only military base within 100 miles is Fort Leavenworth, which is approx 30 miles from the Irwin home.

There's also an air force base, but I'm not sure what the name of it is, which is located about the same distance (30 miles).

I believe the AFB is Whiteman AFB but I'm not sure if it is still open. I retired from the USAF back in 1994 so that was a long time ago and haven't kept up with things.

The only military base within 100 miles is Fort Leavenworth, which is approx 30 miles from the Irwin home.

There's also an air force base, but I'm not sure what the name of it is, which is located about the same distance (30 miles).

Whiteman AFB is less than 100 miles from KC.

When we walk around, we are constantly shedding skin cells - that is what the dogs are sniffing. If she was carried out of the house in a duffel bag or wrapped in a freshly laundered blanket then maybe there just weren't enough skin cells for the the dogs to track. Also, the fact that she was freshly bathed might actually have hindered the dogs somewhat.

Depends on what kind of dog is used. If it is a cadaver dog they will find and follow scent of a deceased person. If the PD used strictly cadaver dogs (which is what most PD Departments use in cases as this) and the dog did not pick up a scent...that gives likely hope child is alive. If a dog that trails scents picking up one at the window and then follows it...that would give an indication of where the person went or how long the dog could track the scent. Again..at this point no scent was picked up for either.

Snipped

There are three military bases in Mo. Two are very close.

Air Force Bases
Whiteman AFB Johnson
Whiteman Air Force Base is operated by the Air Force Global Strike Command and located in Johnson Co...

Army Bases
Fort Leonard Wood Pulaski
Established in 1940, Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri was named after Major General Leonard Wood, best ...

Marine Bases
MC Mobilization Command Kansas City
The Marine Corps Mobilization Command serves as the main operations arm for the United States Marine...

http://militarybases.com/missouri/

Whiteman AFB is located 70 miles east-southeast of Kansas City.

Good questions.

There's a KC-area military base: it's Richards-Gebaur AFB. Ft. Leavenworth is also right across the border, in Kansas.

Neither the "call" nor the neighbor's sighting has been verified by LE, I don't think.

On Judge Pirro's program last night, Capt. Young could not comment on the alleged phone call.

You know, she is a little to old to pass off for a baby born while someone was deployed (even if deployed a year, they would have been 7 mths along), but what if a gf of a soldier is trying to get her bf back and claiming they have a child together? I know some military are due back within days, as my SIL is one of them. Possible?

KS is right there also and I believe they have military installations in that state as well.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justic...list_id=163706

In this interview, watching DB, she breaks down when she mentions the computer room window left open, which seems like genuine guilt and regret. She also breaks down when they find Lisa isn't in her crib. I don't know, it appears real to me. I guess what I'm saying, is that her emotional reactions seem to be appropriate for what they have said happened, thus lending their story credibility. I'm beginning to think that JB is just very stoic and is very uncomfortable displaying emotions, especially on national TV. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member