MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarily agree with that. IMO, LE has to explore every option whether they think that is what happened or not. Since they don't KNOW what happened, they have to explore every possibility. And, they could have done a re-enactment to prove that it *couldn't* have happened the way it has been suggested. Who knows. Oh, to be a fly on the LE wall.....

BBM: True, the reenactment could be to prove OR disprove the parents story. I wonder if it did either.

Yes...I am leaning toward accidental death and parents fear losing other children if truth were told...so...could.be med OD or even choking...but if so...WHERE would she be? By the way...MOO and I am not accusing anyone of anything...just a possibility this happened. It would explain the mothers tears being real. MOO

I'm not saying a stranger kidnapping with the intent to sell on the black market is outside the realm of possibilities, but what are the chances that

- dad starts the night shift
- mom forgets to lock the doors
-the dog doesn't bark
- no one wakes up

Then it begs the question, why Lisa? You can't convince me she was the easiest target. I read on BBC all the time about parents running in to pay for gas, running in to buy cupcakes, just running into the store for a minute for whatever, I guarantee you it'd be much easier to walk through a parking lot at target, walmart, grocery store, gas station and snatch a baby and be long gone before the parents notice.

If she was abducted by a highly trained black market baby stealing ring, then where are all the other blond/blue babies that are so highly desired?

If someone is trying to pass of a very large 10 month old (most people would probably guess her age closer to 18 months) for a new adoption and the adoptees don't know she was stolen and don't care that she's not an infant, then why not adopt out of the foster system? If you are willing to adopt a baby that isn't a newborn, then there are plenty of easier options out there than hooking up w/some shady adoption agency that is selling stolen babies. Right?

Maybe I'm just very naive as far as black market babies go.

BBM

Hitting refresh has turned my brain and eyes to mush. I thought that said: Maybe I'm just very naive as far as marketing black babies goes.:eek:

I was like, good gracious! What did I miss?!? And then I read it again and figured out that I just desperately need caffeine.

Yeah, I don't either (sigh). One can dream though. Anything to think the child might still be alive.

o/t you can razz me about being an "09-er" for many years - it's the ritzy zip code in San Antonio (78209) which is a lot like JoCo; except I was middle class (or lower!) so I know there are all sorts, everywhere.

Until you said you knew our area because of visiting friends/family; I was convinced the "dot" at the end of your name was for "the Dotte" of Wyandotte County! Drove myself crazy trying to figure out the wfgo part! :D

Police: No New Clues in Search for Baby Lisa
12:34 p.m. CDT, October 10, 2011

KANSAS CITY, Mo.— A week after she was reported missing from her Northland home, police say that there are no new clues in the search for 10-month-old Lisa Irwin.

snip

Investigators say that over half of the 250 tips received in the case have been generated by the TIPS Hotline, but they say that the tips usually don't have specific information like license plates or suspect descriptions.

"When we get that information detectives have to follow up," said Det. Kevin Boehm of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department. "So use a little common sense. What we're looking for is specific detail."

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lis...sing-baby-lisa-irwin-20111010,0,7444931.story

I am not following this. I am little slow these days. Getting old is a bummer! :)

I spend a lot of time here on WS, or have in the past, and just hate getting bashed for where I live. I don't do that to others, so I would appreciate if they wouldn't do it to me or generalize about a specific area or the type that lives here. You weren't doing this ... I just used this post to mention this.

It was about a convo earlier. We lived in Clay when we were in KCMO so I feel ya.

Adoption isn't cheap but if the family is rich there is no need for them to kidnap a child when they can adopt one.

I agree. I have two friends that did private adoptions. But that was years ago. I don't know if that's something that is as much of an option as is was 20 or so years ago. However, my cousin and his wife adopted a baby from overseas, and they mortgaged their house, sold a car, and scraped together the money. They are not, nor will they ever be "rich" in the sense of the size of their bank accounts, but they are "rich" in love and family. It's all about priorities.

But they wouldn't have to give her true age. Claim she is 12 months to try to avoid suspicion.

It would not be possible to legally adopt a kidnapped baby. Where is her paperwork? Also, since people know Lisa is missing if somebody showed up with a 10 months old they didn't have before wouldn't people get suspicious? It's not like showing up with a newborn and claiming to have given birth.

Until you said you knew our area because of visiting friends/family; I was convinced the "dot" at the end of your name was for "the Dotte" of Wyandotte County! Drove myself crazy trying to figure out the wfgo part! :D

OT for one second....LOL, I have never been able to even pronounce WFGODOT so I have never figured it out,lol.
Sorry for the OT again. My bad. Back to lurking.

So now we are looking for rich people with felonies?
:floorlaugh:
I really think this is the most far fetched theory out there.

I think we need to be open to any and all ideas, brainstorming and throwing ideas out there to see what sticks is what I like about this site. I agree, sometimes it leads us astray, and I myself have come up with some doozies I am sure...but it's not necessary to laugh at others theories, thoughts, ideas etc. It might prevent someone for putting something out there for fear of being laughed at. Disprove and disagree, fine....but not necessary to make someone feel badly because you don't agree. MOO

I agree. I have two friends that did private adoptions. But that was years ago. I don't know if that's something that is as much of an option as is was 20 or so years ago. However, my cousin and his wife adopted a baby from overseas, and they mortgaged their house, sold a car, and scraped together the money. They are not, nor will they ever be "rich" in the sense of the size of their bank accounts, but they are "rich" in love and family. It's all about priorities.

Lisa is a healthy good looking young child so no doubt many people would be willing to adopt her. But it's not possible to legally adopt a kidnapped child.

I know we have to explore all theories but remember... many times the simplest answer is the right one.

But what the heck is the simplest answer here? Accidental death/OD? If that is the case and these parents (or just one of them) had to get rid of what is by all accounts a well loved and cared for child quickly I can't imagine them thinking clearly enough to dump their cell phones too and stage a "scene" that has only served to make them look guilty as heck.

I'm just so confused about this one. Nothing makes sense at all here.

ETA: I hope none of that read as snarky to you. I am honestly lost on this case. I really can't wrap my head around the parents being involved but the intruder theory isn't fitting either. Someone yesterday(?) jokingly brought alien abduction and I am starting to think it fits better than anything else but would they leave the darn lights on? Ugh, back to the drawing board.

Really ... I could bash just like everyone else. Does it occur to you that maybe not all people are like this?!?

I apologize if it sounded like I was bashing you. I put "a lot of them" because I KNOW it's not everyone. I apologize to anyone from Johnson County that I insulted with my comments (including my nieces who live there).

MOO :twocents:

OT for one second....LOL, I have never been able to even pronounce WFGODOT so I have never figured it out,lol.
Sorry for the OT again. My bad. Back to lurking.

I answer to "Woofy Go Dot," lol, I think nursebeeme and shefner gave me that nickname, but the wfgodot is actually for the Samuel Beckett play 'Waiting for Godot,' and the last name there is pronounced Geh-DOE.

Police: No New Clues in Search for Baby Lisa
12:34 p.m. CDT, October 10, 2011

KANSAS CITY, Mo.— A week after she was reported missing from her Northland home, police say that there are no new clues in the search for 10-month-old Lisa Irwin.

snip

Investigators say that over half of the 250 tips received in the case have been generated by the TIPS Hotline, but they say that the tips usually don't have specific information like license plates or suspect descriptions.

"When we get that information detectives have to follow up," said Det. Kevin Boehm of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department. "So use a little common sense. What we're looking for is specific detail."

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-lis...sing-baby-lisa-irwin-20111010,0,7444931.story

BBM

Talk about mixed messages. LOL LOL LOL That is the statement we usually hear in a case.

But Young makes this statement or one like it in almost every news conference : "at the mercy of the next good idea."

An idea is not a tip.

I answer to "Woofy Go Dot," lol, I think nursebeeme and shefner gave me that nickname, but the wfgodot is actually for the Samuel Beckett play 'Waiting for Godot,' and the last name there is pronounced Ga-DOE.

I'm so glad you explained this! I can usually figure the names out, but this one has had me stumped. And I'm too stubborn to ask... LOL!

I answer to "Woofy Go Dot," lol, I think nursebeeme and shefner gave me that nickname, but the wfgodot is actually for the Samuel Beckett play 'Waiting for Godot,' and the last name there is pronounced Geh-DOE.

Thank you so much! Trying to figure out your 'hat' has drove me nuts, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member