MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish everyone who has had someone break into their house in the wee hours, and they didn't know it until later would come forward and storm FOX with emails.

I'll go first. Back when I was first married, my brother was going to come visit and arrive in the wee hours of the night so I left the front door unlocked. (Something that I do fairly regularly anyway out of carelessness). At the time we had the best watch dog I've ever had, a Jack Russell mix who NEVER missed a beat. He had several barks/growls which we came to be able to read very well, what he was communicating. Sliding anything at all past that dog was impossible. So anyway, my brother came in about 3, fixed himself a sandwich and went to bed. Fred the dog didn't alarm (something we still marvel at occasionally) and none of us woke up although I was trying to sleep lightly to hear when he arrived. When I woke up in the morning, I thought my brother had been delayed and had not arrived and was very surprised to see him there.

And of course I could list all the cases of kidnappings that are proved to have happened just the way Lisa was taken. IMHO. Coralrose Fullwood for one.

I agree with your points. Years later my grown kids have regaled me with their stories of the many times they snuck out when they were teens. I am actually surprised because I did used to peek into their rooms when I woke up to use the bathroom or let the dogs out, which is quite often. But apparently they were able to sneak in and out in the wee hours dozens of times and neither my husband or I ever heard them come or go. Probably because my DH's snoring drowns everything out.

First post, but I've been reading for days... :seeya:

Has anyone in MSM released the description of the "man" with the baby that was allegedly seen by the neighbor?

I can't get past the fact that not even a general description of this man was released - height, build, direction of travel, nothing. It's seemed strange since day 1 to me.

:welcome:

No, haven't heard any description of this individual.

I smell scam.

Notice that Maria was able to take her phone, computer and pay for an internet connection ;)

If you Google the phone number, you'll find it's now Misti and she's trying to sell a pit bull (and it comes with a big bag of dogfood). Dog is up to date on all its shots. Grammar has improved considerably.

Still laughing at Misti and the pit bull. Too funny. Thank GOD it's had its shots, lolol.

They needed a more agile person for the re-enactment - or someone who weighed less.

why? There is no way to determine the agility of the "kidnapper" if we don't know who it was.

JMO

I would not be surprised if Fox has a direct line to LE considering they have been reporting locally on the case for days now.

The parents raised the possibility of the open window as point of entrance/exit and LE have explored the validity of that possibility. After all, if either parent is going to prosecuted, their defense team would raise it at trial as a possibility that LE ignored. LE are doing their job.

JMO

The "defense team" would not be responsible for establishing the mode of entry, only that the scene was consistent with the observations they gave officers.

The window was tampered with. That's what they said. They also said it appeared to them that the window opening wasn't large enough to admit an intruder.

I do not, however, believe if it should somehow become a point of contention anyway, that the defense could not repeat the experiment with more success. Officer "tripper's" performance could be improved upon, I'm certain.

First post, but I've been reading for days... :seeya:

Has anyone in MSM released the description of the "man" with the baby that was allegedly seen by the neighbor?

I can't get past the fact that not even a general description of this man was released - height, build, direction of travel, nothing. It's seemed strange since day 1 to me.

:woohoo:
:welcome: TO WEBSLEUTHs!!!

:seeya:

To subscribe to this possibility we would have to know when everyone was out of the house at the same time, and who knew JI would be working that night. Again, someone who knew the family.

MOO

The intruder IMO, was either:

• Really stupid/desperate/dumb and lucky all at the same time.
- OR -

Someone who knew:

• Dad was working late, really late that night.
  • That mom and boys were sleeping.
  • Mom would have the older boy, and not the baby in her bed.
  • That mom would close all the bedroom doors at night.
  • Which door was the door to the baby's room.
  • The three cell phones were the only phones in the house.
  • Baby Lisa would not cry or fight being taken out of her crib.
  • They would not be seen entering or exiting.
  • The dog, and neighbor's dogs wouldn't bark at them.
Oh, and also -

The person was also an expert at breaking and entering into occupied homes.
They left no fingerprints, hairs, or DNA at the scene.

I just find it highly unlikely that Mr. Shephard has a direct line to LE or that they are choosing him, of all people, to share the fruits of their investigative analysis with.

If I recall, the parents have stated on a couple of occasions that they do NOT think someone could have entered through that window.

My experience with media journalists is that they often get the facts wrong. I don't know if it's the short hand or what. I have had quotes (with actual quotation marks) attributed to me that I not only didn't say,but were wrong! I've quit giving interviews ,both TV and print. I only believe it if I heard the actual person say it. Even then,they edit ,so who knows? It's all about sensationalism,not the facts.
News shows are more entertainment than truth,IMO.

I agree with your points. Years later my grown kids have regaled me with their stories of the many times they snuck out when they were teens. I am actually surprised because I did used to peek into their rooms when I woke up to use the bathroom or let the dogs out, which is quite often. But apparently they were able to sneak in and out in the wee hours dozens of times and neither my husband or I ever heard them come or go. Probably because my DH's snoring drowns everything out.

Deborah is heavy and she smokes. I wouldn't be SHOCKED if she were a snorer herself.

What if the baby was cold to the touch and clearly dead by the time they discovered her?

I have seen people refuse to accept that their loved one is beyond help, and keep insisting that something can be done. It just depends on their ability to accept the reality of a death, and then cope with a tragedy.

Denial is sometimes a coping mechanism used until a person has time to process a loss, and gather the strength to deal with reality.

Ours was a little ankle biter too, but she barked like crazy if anyone was anywhere near the house and nobody could have gotten in. That is, if we were home. If we were not home she was too scared to bark.

We have a little Jack Russell and he goes ballistic until he knows for sure who it is. My aunt was sleeping at the time, the dog must have slept through it too.

I have one coma sleeping dog. One night I was home alone and heard a noise, I jumped right up out of sleep and there is my dog snoring on the bed still. I think its very possible that if you are quiet enough you could get pass her. Just not my new puppy who barks with each leaf that falls.
It would be really sad if the baby overdosed on meds and not call for help. Or had a reaction to the medicine. Over the counter drugs can result in death, if given wrong dosage or the wrong meds. Example, you are not suppose to give babies multi symptom medicine for colds.
I am hoping Lisa comes home today.

I smell scam.

Notice that Maria was able to take her phone, computer and pay for an internet connection ;)

If you Google the phone number, you'll find it's now Misti and she's trying to sell a pit bull (and it comes with a big bag of dogfood). Dog is up to date on all its shots. Grammar has improved considerably.

I'm gonna call right now! I want a dog that can talk. Especially if his grammar has improved considerably!

:floorlaugh:

What if the baby was cold to the touch and clearly dead by the time they discovered her?

That is what I was thinking. The parent found her in crib...freaked and called someone...parent felt guilty for some reason...left something in the crib...or baby got/fell out of crib...and died for some reason...so parent does not want cell phone found...evidence of late nite call. Parent is afraid the other kids will be taken because of neglect :twocents:...Only My Opinion...no suspects...not accusing.

No, or at least I haven't seen one. I think maybe very early on they located the man and it was innocent. That's the only explanation I have for them not making any apparent attempts to locate him publicly.

But wouldn't they say that. Instead they say " it didn't pan out." That does not mean imo, that they found the guy and he was a neighborhood dad. That means they have no information and do not know anything more about it. imoo

lol, thanks, thought I was alone in thinking that I wanted to just go to KC and help show that LEO how it needed to be done. I am not graceful or terribly fit, but I had to get in a window recently at someones house (lost key/locked out) and quite frankly the window was smaller and higher off the ground than the Irwin's window. I managed with no problems, did not make a big racket at all and only scraped up my stomach a little bit.

That was the reason for my post yesterday describing my height, age, etc. when watching the LEO trying to do it. Because it sure seemed to be made to look harder than I recall it being.

I agree with you 100%. Did you watch that long video they had of the reenactiment? I am having trouble finding it in my history. At one point the lady filming it really zooms in on the guy standing inside the room after he crawled in and he is just standing there. Whole thing is really weird.

The whole thing looked like a show to me for someone in the neighborhood maybe.

That is what I was thinking. The parent found her in crib...freaked and called someone...parent felt guilty for some reason...left something in the crib...or baby got/fell out of crib...and died for some reason...so parent does not want cell phone found...evidence of late nite call. Parent is afraid the other kids will be taken because of neglect :twocents:...Only My Opinion...no suspects...not accusing.

It is just hard for me to imagine WHO one can call to come and dispose of a dead child. That is a pretty big favor to ask of anyone.

I find it more Believable if:

the lights had been off

the cell phone were still on the counter

and one of the Back windows were open

and Back door unlocked and open...

But the way they said it was....:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online