Relationships with family after being released

UdbCrzy2

Reaction score
Has anyone saw any articles about how the relationships are with other family members? I know Misskelley went back to his father's home and Baldwin's mother came to the party.

Does anyone know if Echols has had any contact with his mother or his son?

Damien said in some interview (on the Piers Morgan show I think) that he has seen his son and that he saw him occasionally during his incarceration. I know that he had said in an earlier (while still incarcerated) interview that he wanted to keep his son away from "all of this." Personally, I believe that their relationships with their families are their own business and if they want the public to know about these private relationships, they will talk about it in interviews. I don't want to pry. I believe that they are entitled to a certain amount of privacy in these matters.

Damien said in some interview (on the Piers Morgan show I think) that he has seen his son and that he saw him occasionally during his incarceration. I know that he had said in an earlier (while still incarcerated) interview that he wanted to keep his son away from "all of this." Personally, I believe that their relationships with their families are their own business and if they want the public to know about these private relationships, they will talk about it in interviews. I don't want to pry. I believe that they are entitled to a certain amount of privacy in these matters.

On the contrary, as far as Echols and Baldwin go, they like the media spotlight. Misskelley, not so much. I don't think they would mind people knowing what is going on after all they are the ones giving the interviews.

I'm a little puzzled by your comment. You think the convicted are entitled to their privacy, but are willing to disrespect the murder victim's family by accusing two of them of murdering their children even though the LE said that they were never suspects?

On the contrary, as far as Echols and Baldwin go, they like the media spotlight. Misskelley, not so much. I don't think they would mind people knowing what is going on after all they are the ones giving the interviews.

Yes, they are the ones giving the interviews, and if they wanted us to know more about private family relationships, they'd tell us. That's all I'm saying.

I'm a little puzzled by your comment. You think the convicted are entitled to their privacy, but are willing to disrespect the murder victim's family by accusing two of them of murdering their children even though the LE said that they were never suspects?

I am not disrespecting anyone, and I am not suggesting that two of the victims' family members were involved in these murders, only one. And, yes, I believe that the WMFree are entitled to privacy about family relationships. As I said, if they want to tell us about these relationships, they will. I'm not asking about TH's relationship with his family, either, only about his involvement in the crime. BTW, given the horrible investigation techniques of the WMPD, the fact that they don't suspect someone who should have been at the top of their list does not impress me in the least.

I am not disrespecting anyone, and I am not suggesting that two of the victims' family members were involved in these murders, only one. And, yes, I believe that the WMFree are entitled to privacy about family relationships. As I said, if they want to tell us about these relationships, they will. I'm not asking about TH's relationship with his family, either, only about his involvement in the crime. BTW, given the horrible investigation techniques of the WMPD, the fact that they don't suspect someone who should have been at the top of their list does not impress me in the least.

Well, I think my post asked if anyone had heard anything about their families. How else would one know about it unless you were their family. Isn't that how we get most of the information here on the board is through the news reports?

I would be interested in knowing how Damien and his wife are doing...of course that is their personal business, but they have the most fascinating love story.

I am really interested in how the guys are doing on the outside, and how their relationships with family members are going. ARe they all in West Memphis still, how are they treated by everyone in town etc. Valid questions I think.

I am really interested in how the guys are doing on the outside, and how their relationships with family members are going. ARe they all in West Memphis still, how are they treated by everyone in town etc. Valid questions I think.

Jessie is back in Marion, Jason is in Seattle, and Damien is in New Zealand. By all accounts the locals are treating Jessie just fine.

I would be interested in knowing how Damien and his wife are doing...of course that is their personal business, but they have the most fascinating love story.

I too was wondering how that will work out considering that she is 12-years his senior. That's quite an age gap. And he's never been involved in any kind of meaningful relationship before as he was 19 when all this went down.

Really? Wow! I wonder if they are spending time together now?

No, Peepers, they are not. Damien is in New Zealand, and his mother is in America, so they are not spending time together right now.

Btw, you asked this...

Certainly they are valid questions. Here are the valid answers - Jessie is in Marion, Jason is in Seattle, and Damien is in New Zealand. Jessie, afaik, is being treated just fine by the locals.

Please tell us what else you are interested in about the family relationships of the wm3. No snark intended, its all on topic and I will be only too happy to supply the answers if I know them.

This article says Lorri and Damien now live in Manhattan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/m...-story.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all&smid=fb-share

I haven't seen any reference anywhere that says Damien and his mother have reconnected. Sad. I think his mother represents pond scum in his warped mind, and does not reflect positively on his new superstar image.

Seems things are picking up for Damien

Damien Echols writing memoir, may have role in 'The Hobbit'
Posted by Lindsey Millar on Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:59 AM

Brian Chilson

Damien Echols is writing a memoir for Penguin, scheduled for publication September 2012 AND may have a small role in "The Hobbit," which director and major WM3 benefactor Peter Jackson is currently shooting in New Zealand, according to Showbiz 411's Roger Friedman.

Echols and Lorri Davis are currently in New Zealand, Friedman reports

http://www.arktimes.com/RockCandy/a...ls-writing-memoir-may-have-role-in-the-hobbit

Roger Friedman reports that Damien Echols -- one of the men known as the West Memphis Three for his wrongful arrest in West Memphis, Arkansas -- has signed with Penguin to write a memoir due out September 2012. Echols, Jason Baldwin and James Misskelly were released this spring from an Arkansas jail after serving 17 years despite questionable DNA evidence. Echols told Friedman about the Penguin contract at the premiere of "Paradise Lost 3," the third in HBO's documentary series on the case (read our report on the reunion screening). Friedman also reports Echols and his wife are currently in New Zealand shooting with director Peter Jackson, who's given Echols a small role in "The Hobbit." For the dark, brooding rock star of the bunch, that sounds about right.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/13/damien-echols-west-memphis-3-memoir_n_1009627.html

No, Peepers, they are not. Damien is in New Zealand, and his mother is in America, so they are not spending time together right now.

Btw, you asked this...

Certainly they are valid questions. Here are the valid answers - Jessie is in Marion, Jason is in Seattle, and Damien is in New Zealand. Jessie, afaik, is being treated just fine by the locals.

Please tell us what else you are interested in about the family relationships of the wm3. No snark intended, its all on topic and I will be only too happy to supply the answers if I know them.

What brought him to New Zealand? Did he leave West Memphis right away?

oops, never mind, I just read above it was the movie role.
Wow..thats all I can say.

This article says Lorri and Damien now live in Manhattan.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/m...-story.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all&smid=fb-share

I haven't seen any reference anywhere that says Damien and his mother have reconnected. Sad. I think his mother represents pond scum in his warped mind, and does not reflect positively on his new superstar image.

Fantastic article! Thanks for finding it. i did not know she pursued him when he was 21 and she was 33. Wow. After reading excerpts from their letters, Personally , I dont see the big love story. I think she is needy, jealous and dramatic. In for one hell of a ride.

What brought him to New Zealand? Did he leave West Memphis right away?

You're welcome, Peepers. I've answered the question you said you were very interested in, and I answered it twice. Obviously you forgot to thank me, (even once), but that's okay, I can live with that.

You're welcome anyway.

I have posted about her before but if anyone hears if Shelby Misskelley is still alive and if Jessie has seen her can you post it?I know she's not his real mother but I think he thought of her as his Mom.I would hate to hear that she has passed before seeing Jessie released.

I too was wondering how that will work out considering that she is 12-years his senior. That's quite an age gap. And he's never been involved in any kind of meaningful relationship before as he was 19 when all this went down.

I suspect that marriage will be short lived (now that more than weekly letter writing is required to hold them together).

She admitted they almost divorced over the attention/adoration Damien was receiving from female groupies while he was still on death row. Now that he's out, well.. I mean, one can just imagine.

The two remind me of Nancy Kerrigan and U2's Bono.

Major ICK factor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back