Q & A ~ Ask a question, leave an answer. NO DISCUSSIONS

I have some general questions:

How long does it take LE to clear suspects? Since they had a hefty list from DB/JI would they have contacted and accounted for all of those people by now? The only experience I have with crime is like Law and Order, and that's totally off with how neatly everything is wrapped up in the end.

Also- I'm somewhat new to true crime, this is the first case I have ever followed very closely. So is it very common to have a case where you are turning up almost no forensic evidence outside the home, near the window, in the baby's room? What could that mean? Like are we looking for someone who really know's what they're doing? Seems to me that being human, by default, means mistakes will be made that give a person away?

Why is there no reward set? Or have I missed it somewhere?
You would think this is one of the first things they would do, offer a reward ..

The case is going to the Grand Jury on Tuesday. Did I read that right?

remember peeps this is a question and answer (no discussion) thread:seeya:

How long does it take LE to clear suspects? Since they had a hefty list from DB/JI would they have contacted and accounted for all of those people by now? The only experience I have with crime is like Law and Order, and that's totally off with how neatly everything is wrapped up in the end.

According to Jeremy, as of Fri Oct 7th, everyone was cleared by the FBI except Lisa's mom Deborah:

"The main problem I think that we're facing is that everybody (else) has an alibi," Irwin told the AP. "I was at work. I've been cleared. All these other people we were worried about ... the FBI said they've been cleared. The only one you can't clear is the mother that's at home when it happens 'cause there's nobody else there."

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44813...baby-i-reached-my-boiling-point/#.TpIub5sg_UA

ETA: History of the list of names:

Earlier in the day, a cousin of the baby's mother said Lisa's parents have given police more than a dozen names as they try to think of potential suspects or people who paid especially close attention to the child.

"We're scraping for anything, anyone who was at the house, who looked at her strange. Anything," said Mike Lerette.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=8379512

"We're scraping for anything, anyone who was at the house, who looked at her strange. Anything," said Mike Lerette, a cousin of the baby's mother.

Her parents are trying to remember people who recently came into contact with Lisa or paid her extra attention. Lerette said he is encouraging them to think of anyone, from utility workers who visited their Kansas City home to store cashiers, and they've compiled a list of more than a dozen names.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...ping-for-anything/ZIWhsq-Yck6qpjJe5OwF-w.cspx

Family spokesman Mike Lerette said Monday in text messages to The Associated Press that the family is working closely with police, and that investigators "seem to be following up on a lot those lists we all put together over the week."

He said the family had little information about the investigation. "We're tracking it just like everyone else though," he said, "by watching the news hoping to hear breaking good news."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=8385641

"It seems like they're running out of good leads, so why not give them more," said the family spokesman Mike LeRette. "We're one phone call away. One person calls in and maybe she's in our arms later today."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/10/lisa-irwin-reward-fund-being-set-missing-baby

I notice that there is hardly any stuffed animals, balloons, etc., outside of the Irwin home. Normally the community places something for the missing child. So far there are three signs, of which, I think two of them are from Baby Lisa's half-brothers. Has anyone seen another site where people are leaving items for Baby Lisa?

Also- I'm somewhat new to true crime, this is the first case I have ever followed very closely. So is it very common to have a case where you are turning up almost no forensic evidence outside the home, near the window, in the baby's room? What could that mean? Like are we looking for someone who really know's what they're doing? Seems to me that being human, by default, means mistakes will be made that give a person away?

You're not gonna like my answer. ;)

Every case is different I'm afraid and so much of what we are privy to is dependent on the LE body and state laws. In other cases we have been afforded search warrants and 911 tapes within days of the crime - while other cases we wait months for any information to trickle out. Lisa's investigators are keeping their cards concealed in this case - we just don't know what physical evidence, if any, has been recovered.

LE tends to take the close circle approach in terms of murder and abductions. They start with those closest to the victim and move outward. Until a suspect can be eliminated they aren't. There have been perps remaining POI's or suspects for decades. There is no time limit. LE does usually seek to clear them asap though so they can move on in their investigation.

As for your last statement there are many people who just get lucky when it comes to evidence. Tons of evidence in the Zahra Baker case yet no conclusion as to how she died so stepmom was able to plea to 2nd degree murder while bio Dad walked on any charges. Hailey Dunn and Kyron Horman and countless others remain missing months later with no forward momentum in their cases - suspects, even some limited forensics, strange statements made by families but NO arrests and NO recoveries. And then you have Casey Anthony - motive, lack of emotional response, over 400 items of evidence introduced at trial - and she was acquitted for the murder of Caylee.

Following true crime ain't for the feint of heart, that's for sure. ;) Stick with it - the convictions and recoveries make it all worth it - and you'll be shocked by what you find yourself googling! :floorlaugh:

I notice that there is hardly any stuffed animals, balloons, etc., outside of the Irwin home. Normally the community places something for the missing child. So far there are three signs, of which, I think two of them are from Baby Lisa's half-brothers. Has anyone seen another site where people are leaving items for Baby Lisa?
Lot's of items a couple of doors up at the intersection. I have seen several different people always going by lighting the candles.

Does anyone know the date of the vehicle break in that occurred at the Irwin home a month or so before the abduction?

ETA think I got my answer with help from In da Middle and elepher50

on or about August 16th

I had to be offline today, and I missed some things. I have been jumping around for two hours, and still can't make sense of what exactly transpired today. I know it isn't anyone else's job to fill me in, but is anyone willing to? Just Friday- I've had no problem keeping up until this evening. Thx!!

I had to be offline today, and I missed some things. I have been jumping around for two hours, and still can't make sense of what exactly transpired today. I know it isn't anyone else's job to fill me in, but is anyone willing to? Just Friday- I've had no problem keeping up until this evening. Thx!!

The biggest thing yesterday was Bill Stanton's Press Conference:
http://www.kmbc.com/r-video/29487006/detail.html

And Debra's cousin speaking to the press, of which, took forever for him to come out to speak to the press.

http://www.kmbc.com/video/29485546/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back