14 october 2011 press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did NOT take the posters down here, anyway.

on this press conference i saw the poster fall down because it wasn't stuck to the tree well enough. i saw the cousin Michael pick them up, i assumed they were going to put them back up more securely. i don't think it's fair to say they took them down, because i clearly saw the big one fall. IMO

Here's a thought.

Why aren't the locals out, assmebling, volunteering, searching? We saw it in Caylee's case, Kyron's case, Zahra's case, Hailey's case, Chelsa and Amber's case, Somer's case................?

So many missing children - it is usual for the locals to get together and conduct their own searches.

According to Megyn Kelly on FOX national - the FBI has said they are "throwing significant manpower" at this case and the search.

I believe In da Middle has posted on other threads that the locals have been told to stay out of the woods and not hinder the searchers. I believe there's a greater LE/FBI presence in the searches than the media is indicating.

In da middle can correct me if I'm wrong...
the house shown in the most recent press conference is not baby Lisa's home, it is where the parents are staying.

Did I just hear Fox News say that they are going to reveal who is paying for Wild Bill?? Just caught the tail end of it....it was one of those teasers.

I just got here. There are already 14 pages. I will go back and read but can someone please give a short recap? It can be bumped later in thread as other's come online too.

FOX news just said they will reveal who is behind bringing BS on board in just a few minutes.

Yellow ribbons everywhere around here.

I just wanted to Thank you for helping to dispel the rumors that begin in many of these cases.

My feeling is the Local news is just that "local" and if you can get national coverage it's better for the case. The local stations/outlets have done a fairly decent job but I have also observed some reporting that wasn't necessary and was done only to get the views.

I think it has actually caused a lot of this nit picking and that is never good for the missing child. I would just like to see some responsible reporting for once :).

Maybe it will be;

a hint of Jose Baez

With a Sprinkle of Paddila and

A dash of Cobra,

And a side order of Hoover and Dominic Casey

And a big glass of Dorothy Clay Sims

:floorlaugh:

Sounds like a Meth lab to me, or just as dangerous as one!

:innocent:

With al of their non reporting and sensationalism. Remember the 'checkered' past and 'non identified man that is not her husband' kind of stuff?

Respectfully IDM in some places having a baby who doesn't belong to your husband is considered somewhat 'checkered'. Living with someone while your husband lives elsewhere is considered somewhat 'checkered'. And at the time of the wine incident, the man was unidentified.

Perhaps if the family hadn't already signed a deal with the national news network by then, and had been talking to the local news media, one of the reporters might have reached out to DB and said "we have this video and would you like to comment." It probably would have been handled totally different. At the very least DB could have said that was my brother.

Dang it! I have to leave in a few minutes! I swear they wait to do these thing until I'm not available. (yes, the world does revolve around me and my schedule, didn't you know?) :)

Probably won't be TES. Not enough cameras in Kansas City to accomodate both Bill Stanton and Tim Miller.

Now you're getting it! Rude in every way you can be.

Maybe Im be judgemental, I promise Im trying really hard NOT to be. I believe that the people in this area have reason to be upset by their treatment by the media, media should respect the residents. I hope that they stand up to the media and remind them that they need the roads etc
BUT Im sorry the family really CANNOT afford the luxury of being over sensitive to the media. They need the media all of it. Yes they brought up DB past that wasnt really questionable......and....???? Im sorry I was pretty "wild" in my younger days, Id HATE to see what the media would say about me, but if I want my story out there my skin better get thick real quick or risk the loss of the coverage i so desperately need.. ALL MOO JMO
sorry for the rant I think I may need to put myself in the corner for a bit

It is sure too bad the local media screwed up in the very beginning. They could have helped the family and the family could have gotten important information out that would be helpful.

Many people freeze when having to speak in front of the press, but we have learned from all of these cases, it is imperitive that needed info gets out. We also know from following these cases, if there is any dirt or gossip, it is going to come out too. With my local media, we have one reporter who has the respect of everyone, she has been with our CBS sation for many years. I would contact her in a heart beat and be able to sit down and go through everything with her. I would not reveal anything that LE suggested be kept quiet but I would get everything out in the open. Even things that have no bearing on Lisa. I would just have to stay as active as I could even if I blubbered and cried through the whole thing.

Sooner or later, JI is going to have to go back to work and I feel this will be very difficult for him, I only hope he has an understanding employer and LE can keep the press from bombarding his jobsite.

Freedom of the press and all of that but LE should keep media from blocking the roads, and help neighbors keep them off of their property, why has LE not taken charge of this situation? All of these produced circus acts of family trying to hang posters, etc. will not produce any results and solve this case. Either it is truly a kidnapping or there was family involvement. Good LE control of this situation seems lacking. Maybe that's just me.
They really have tried. As soon as they leave, the media goes right back to what they were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire