Dr. Marisa Randazzo

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Dr. Marisa Randazzo

Sigma Threat Management Associates

Dr. Marisa R. Randazzo is a national expert on threat assessment and targeted violence. Before joining the private sector, Dr. Randazzo served for ten years with the U.S. Secret Service as the agency’s Chief Research Psychologist. She directed all Secret Service research on school shootings, insider threats, stalking, and other types of targeted violence, including the landmark federal study of school shootings that was conducted jointly by the U.S. Secret Service and U.S. Department of Education.

Dr. Randazzo is an accomplished presenter and instructor on threat assessment investigations, having trained over 10,000 law enforcement, intelligence, and security professionals throughout the United States, Canada, and the European Union. Her research is used in the federal, state, and local law enforcement communities and has been credited in the media with preventing planned attacks. Dr. Randazzo served as a Senior Expert with Business Intelligence Advisors, Inc., where she provided high-net worth families, corporations, and schools with investigative consultation on individual threat cases and training on threat assessment, bomb threat assessment, and the detection of deception. She also provided training on abduction prevention and escape tactics for children of high-net worth families, their caregivers, and protective details.

Dr. Randazzo has testified before Congress and has been interviewed by major television, radio, and print news outlets, including 60 Minutes, the Today Show, 48 Hours, Dateline NBC, MSNBC, the New York Times, and National Public Radio. She has published numerous articles on threat assessment and violence prevention and currently serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Threat Assessment. She has also published under her maiden name, Marisa Reddy. Dr. Randazzo received a Ph.D. and Master’s degree from Princeton University in Social Psychology, and a B.A. in Psychology and Religion from Williams College. In 2005, Dr. Randazzo was named by Williams College as a Bicentennial Medalist for her work in preventing violence.

http://campusthreatassessment.org/index.php/faculty/bios/marisa_randazzo/

Hopefully, she can provide some telling information about this case. Who to look towards, what to FOR, etc. I'm still on the fence about mom and dad....Praying for the best!!!

Is this a high-net worth family? It's a bit too late for abduction prevention now and I don't see how school shooters apply so I'm hoping that her skills in deception detection come to good use.

I have no clue how Dr. Randazzo will fit in this case.

Profiling suspects is the best I can come up with. Helping the family focus on possible leads?:waitasec:

He said he was going to announce as "well-known" expert. Well, I for one had not heard of her before. Has anyone else here?

If she is widely known by others in her field, and since she has done some radio and TV...I'd say that qualifies her as well known. She doesn't seem to be a celebrity chaser, so maybe that's a good thing.

Is this a high-net worth family? It's a bit too late for abduction prevention now and I don't see how school shooters apply so I'm hoping that her skills in deception detection come to good use.

Criminals aren't always after money.

It was just one example of Dr. Randazzo's areas of expertise that don't fit this case at all.

It is admirable she wants to help and I am sure her background gives her some insight and understanding in a variety of human circumstances but I would be happier if they had brought in someone who actually had any experience in finding missing children.

It was just one example of Dr. Randazzo's areas of expertise that don't fit this case at all.

It is admirable she wants to help and I am sure her background gives her some insight and understanding in a variety of human circumstances but I would be happier if they had brought in someone who actually had any experience in finding missing children.

I am going to withhold judgement because we don't have all the facts of this case. She may fit in better than we realize.

It is also unethical for her to jump into a case where she cannot help. I can't see her risking her professional reputation to become a media queen. She must sincerely believe she has something to offer this family.

I don't think I really understand what it is Dr. Randazzo does exactly.

Profiling suspects is the best I can come up with. Helping the family focus on possible leads?:waitasec:

Yes, but if she is being brought in for the family, will she be predisposed to not considering them as suspects? I'm still very confused as to who is arranging and footing the bills for all this?

I am going to withhold judgement because we don't have all the facts of this case. She may fit in better than we realize.

It is also unethical for her to jump into a case where she cannot help. I can't see her risking her professional reputation to become a media queen. She must sincerely believe she has something to offer this family.

I just don't understand why they haven't engaged the help of any of the excellent organizations that specialize in finding missing children.

I just don't understand why they haven't engaged the help of any of the excellent organizations that specialize in finding missing children.

My guess is because the FBI is still strongly involved in this case.

The only Randazzo I know makes the best king cakes for Mardi Gras time. I hope this Dr. Randazzo actually helps this case, though threat assessment and targeting worries me. Shouldn't they bring someone in to help search for Lisa or something about finding Lisa? Makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes that a threat assessor needs to be brought in...I'm worrying about that family...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back