Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick to these interviews and your comments regarding the interview. Please stay on topic.

Did anyone notice in the Peter Alexander interview that DB had her hand on JI's knee but he has his hands clasped together and NOT holding hers? It looked weird to me.

Also, do we know anything about the friend that she was drinking with? How about THAT person's relatives?? Any of them going thru fertility issues and might desperately want a baby?

There are just SO many inconsistencies in their stories... siigghh... I pray that this child was taken by someone who thought she needed a better family and was not harmed in any way. To me that's what my gut is telling me, at least right now.
I noticed the hand on the knee thing. Made me think..... don't speak dude, I'll let you know when you can talk.

One other question I have. Who put up the $100,000 reward?

Once again why not just state this instead of the whole reprogramming thing.

just because the phone is restricted doesn't mean that she wasn't reprogramming them. as far as i can see :twocents:

But, all landlines have a dialtone to dial 911 even when service is out of order or temporarily disconnected. I keep a landline plugged in next to the bed in case I need 911. My cell charges in the family room/kitchen.

Perhaps the family just didn't realize this or it may be different in MO as I used to work for Bellsouth on the SE coast.

MOO

wm
BBM
That was my understanding as well (and maybe the difference is out of order or temporarily disconnected as opposed to no pending service in some areas).

When I moved to rural Mississippi where there was no cell phone service and while I was still on the "list" for land line service, I hooked up a phone so I could call 911. One night I heard someone banging around outside the house, so I called 911. I got nothing. No 911 service. Fortunately, the culprit was an armadillo, but I learned the hard way that we can't rely on having that 911 access everywhere.

I would like to know if a plea from parents for a missing child has ever actually led to the safe return of a child?

Have a feeling that may come off sounding snarky, and I don't mean it that way...but I really want to know if a plea is something the experts (experts i.e. Center for Missing/Exploited children, TES etc.) really think can help in the safe return of the child.

I'm not looking for the 'if it were me' answers, I think the majority here agree they should be making pleas. I am really wondering if a plea for a safe return has been known to work (or even if maybe it could have the opposite effect of making the kidnapper run scared).
Just thinking out loud.....

:waitasec: I thought the Grand Jury was meeting because of wanting "media interviews that the family did with the local media?" Did I miss something again?

The subpoena for the Grand Jury was for raw footage video. I don't think we know if the video is desired to possibly support other evidence the Grand Jury will be considering, or if the Grand Jury was called specifically as a means to obtain the subpoena for the raw video only (more like a fishing exercise).

I hope someone with legal legs weighs in...

I havent finished reading the whole thread, so I am sure this has been said, but.. Isn't 6:40 awfully early to put the baby to bed? I even thought 7:30 was a little early as my daughter went to bed around 8pm when she was 10/11 months, right after dinner with the family in her high chair and a warm bath.. But 6:40? Wow and mom was drinking! 10/11 month olds (if sleeping thru the night) tend to sleep around 10-12 hours, so who was going to take care of her when she got up at 4:30-6:30 if mom was hungover? Dad who had worked all night? WOW, all I can say is WOW!

If Lisa was standing up in her crib almost an hour later at 7.30 or whatever time it was DB went to check in on her (if she truly did) it sounds to me like she wasn't really tired yet. Maybe she wasn't put to bed as much as to sleep but to stay out of mom's way while mom had better things to do.

I would like to know if a plea from parents for a missing child has ever actually led to the safe return of a child?

Have a feeling that may come off sounding snarky, and I don't mean it that way...but I really want to know if a plea is something the experts (experts i.e. Center for Missing/Exploited children, TES etc.) really think can help in the safe return of the child.

I'm not looking for the 'if it were me' answers, I think the majority here agree they should be making pleas. I am really wondering if a plea for a safe return has been known to work (or even if maybe it could have the opposite effect of making the kidnapper run scared).

It sure did. There was a canadian boy recently returned to the same home he was taken from.
"The 3-year-old's family had made a plea to suspected abductor Randall Hopley on Saturday, after the boy was abducted Wednesday, the Canadian Postmedia News reported."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...er-returned/UPI-46891315769074/#ixzz1b336GXJW

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...Canadian-toddler-returned/UPI-46891315769074/

Very troubling for me is LB stating she had not asked her two other kids about that night. That they have even told her they heard noises, but that SHE would not be able to tell if it was before or after...
So, not only does she not want LE questioning them, she won't even bring it up with them?
That stink I smelled early on? Now it is getting really whiffy!!
Now see, to me, that's what is hinky. I'd be very gentle about it, but I would talk with him about it.

Why does Susan Smith keep coming to my mind?

I havent finished reading the whole thread, so I am sure this has been said, but.. Isn't 6:40 awfully early to put the baby to bed? I even thought 7:30 was a little early as my daughter went to bed around 8pm when she was 10/11 months, right after dinner with the family in her high chair and a warm bath.. But 6:40? Wow and mom was drinking! 10/11 month olds (if sleeping thru the night) tend to sleep around 10-12 hours, so who was going to take care of her when she got up at 4:30-6:30 if mom was hungover? Dad who had worked all night? WOW, all I can say is WOW!

I agree and I said that before, that is quite early to put her to bed. It still hasnt come out what time dad went to work either so, did she put Lisa to bed as soon as he left. I think its also time to questions dads co workers a little more as well. No more questions on whether or not he was there but how his demeanor was while he was there..

The little Canadian boy recently..Kienan ?

:waitasec: I thought the Grand Jury was meeting because of wanting "media interviews that the family did with the local media?" Did I miss something again?

LE has subpoened the media interviews for the Grand Jury. A Grand Jury is gathered for the purpose of deciding whether to indict an individual suspected of a crime. The media interviews probably are a helpful tool to them for this Grand Jury meeting.

Wow...just finished watching the full interviews. Interesting that in earlier in interviews we're looking a mother who APPEARS to be sweet, vulnerable and overcome with emotion (cry cry cry). Now we see a mother who is defiant, defensive, arrogant and pretty much just a b*tch. (Yeah, I was drinking. So? Adult time, baby...what's it to ya?)

Paraphrasing, of course, but it sure does come off that way to me. JMO

If Lisa was standing up in her crib almost an hour later at 7.30 or whatever time it was DB went to check in on her (if she truly did) it sounds to me like she wasn't really tired yet. Maybe she wasn't put to bed as much as to sleep but to stay out of mom's way while mom had better things to do.
Around 7 is a great time for a almost 1 yr old to sleep. Just because she is not ready does not mean its not time. I have put my babys to bed by 7 for some me time since I have been up with them since 6 that morning and with no breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater