Interviews Lisa's Parents Good Morning America, Fox, The Today Show 10/17/2011 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, I don't see how I can conclude she is an alcoholic? She admits to being drunk the night Lisa disappeared and to drinking a couple to a few times a week but alcoholism is much different than being drunk or having drinks a few times a week.

So I'm not sure I can conclude that Jeremy is co-dependent.

Alcoholism and drinking are two very different things. I haven't seen anything yet that tells me she is an alcoholic. She may very well be, I don't know. But I have to wait and see if there are any other factors that point to that.

JMHO.

I think she does have a drinking problem, and here is why. She had a 10 month old, sick baby. She even said herself that the child was very fussy from her cold, so she put her in the crib at 6:40. And now, by her own admission, she did NOT check on her again after that, as she once claimed.

So she puts a sick infant into her crib, and then goes and drinks 5 to 10 glasses of wine and ignores the child completely. That tells me that she had a drinking problem because she let her drinking get in the way of the welfare of her children.

ETA: and her flippant answer, that ' the child was sleeping so she deserves her grown up time' is more evidence of her problem. Any sober parent knows that just because you put a child in their crib or their bed, it does NOT mean they are 'sleeping.' Any number of small problems and emergencies can happen during that time.

Didn't she also say something else about that, something really weird?

I was half asleep because this interview was early in California, but on one of the early morning shows, I can swear I heard her say something like this : [paraphrasing]

Interviewer: what did the boys say about that evening?
Debrah: Oh they said they heard noises, but I have never talked about what happened that night because they do not know anything...

Was I dreaming or did she say something along those lines?

I didn't catch every word she said regarding that question either. I hope to re-watch this asap.

Early on, the media did interviews with neighbors. One in particular gave me the creeps. I wonder if she is the one who was partying with DB.
Do we know who was partying at the Irwin home with DB?

I thought it was just the one neighbor. I've been on the fence in regards to the guilt of DB, but after watching the two interviews, and especially the one with Megan Kelly, I'm really leaning towards DB being guilty. The story changing is a real problem. Now, with LE searching the neighbor's house and carrying out "evidence", the pieces of the puzzle are beginning to come together.

I have lived with one! I don't have to wait to see. It's like watching my daughter in another body. No offense intended but it's my opinion and I stand by it.

I remember that tiredblondy. I did too, I grew up with one until I was 14 and she drank herself to death.

But that's beside the point, the point is can we be sure that she is an alcoholic? If not, should we be calling her one?

No offense taken :). Just not sure she is one from what I've seen, calling someone an alcoholic is pretty serious if they aren't. Just trying to stay objective on as much as I can and Deborah is making it very difficult today. Very.

:) JMHO

MK showing the dog's yard coming clear up to a chain link fence near the window. Plus there's also a noisy dog next door. The window is the staged part, IMO.

So, was there a PC? Sorry for chiming back in late, but real life keeps calling. Last I heard this morning it was scheduled for 1:00 p.m. Did it happen. TIA anyone.

weight is not the only factor in how your body processes alcohol. There is also biochemical and genetic factors at play. I can easily out drink my husband who weighs 80 lbs more than me and is a whole foot taller than me.

MK also just said that LE believes the intruder came in thru the window. fyi
I don't think that's possible. LE always baffles me.

Re. the timeline.... obviously DB doesn't know/realize how important a timeline is.

anyone have a link for the pressr, the one on the thread is not working?

For the sake of comparison, DB looks to be about the same weight as I am. Now I don't know her height but I am 5'8'' and around 245.

I have gotten tipsy (not drunk) on 3 glasses of Moscato wine.

I can hold my liquor fairly well, and when I was younger (I'm now 28), did my fair share of drinking. I once went to a bar with a friend and knocked back 15 or 16 shots, right after the other, could barely walk out of the bar. Had to be picked up (I NEVER drove drunk), and pretty much passed out by the time I arrived home.

I still remember that night. I remember what I drank, how much I drank, what my friend was drinking, I remember taking her keys from her (she only lived 2 blocks from the bar and our town is pretty safe, plus she had another friend there willing to walk her home), I remember my husband taking me to walmart to buy some bread (he always makes me eat bread and drink water before I go to bed after drinking... surprise-never have had a hangover in my life).

I just don't buy that she "blacked out" over 5 or 6 glasses of wine unless they were large glasses. Not of the boxed stuff. Especially if she drinks on a regular basis.

As a parent, I drink very rarely (once or twice a year) and it's usually at the bar with a friend, and yes, I can get pretty drunk, but my husband is always around to take care of the children if I do get inebriated and have to crash at a friend's house. I would NEVER EVER drink to get drunk just because my children are sleeping ESPECIALLY when I am their only caretaker. This reeks of irresponsibility and the fact she is excusing it and giggling infuriates me.

BTW, I have an ex-friend who is an alcoholic. (Won't admit to it) She says she only drinks 2-3 times a week, when in fact, she drinks every night. Has problems paying her mortgage because every time they have cash, they're using it to fill the liquor cabinet. I know she's full of it because she used to call me EVERY SINGLE NIGHT drunk as a skunk. She thought because she was on the phone I couldn't tell... but her speech was always so slurred, I could barely make out what she said.

This woman has not been honest, so I don't buy her story now. I'm not sure that she was drunk, but if she was, it doesn't mean she didn't chase that wine with some harder liquor. In fact, I'd bet on it if she's so nonchalant about drinking when her kids are in her care.

She did say she was taking anxiety medication. A few friends who have taken various medications for anxiety or depression have noticed that it severely impacted their ability to metabolize alcohol, caused "blackouts" in which they were still awake and interacting with others, but were essentially sleepwalking, and caused significant changes in behavior, for example a friend who was generally very mellow drinking became manic.

I don't think we have enough information at this time to determine if she's being truthful or not. There are so many variables - what medication is she taking? How long has she been taking it? Has she recently switched medications, dosages, or dosage time? What type of alcohol has she drank before? Has she drank to excess before? Has she changed her diet, exercise, or sleep schedule? Does she have any other underlying medical conditions?

There's so many things that we don't know at this point, I don't think we can really conclude anything at this point about the drinking.

Debbi Bradley said herself that she was drunk. Whatever glasses she was drinking from, she claims she had between 5 and 10 of them - which made her drunk. She claims herself she drank enough that she could have blacked out.

So, unless you believe she was sober and is claiming to be drunk as a defense, she was drunk. It came straight from the horse's mouth - not any judgment made by folks here calculated by type of glass.

JMO...

Ah - new about the cell phones.

Megyn asked both parents if they called the cells to see if anyone answered and they said "no"!

Now going on about the restricted stuff.

IMO, it appears that there is a fence that goes all the way to the front side of the property, of which, gives the Irwin dog FREE ACCESS to check out what is happening in the front of the house. This is HUGH in my book because they said the dog couldn't see the front of the house.

This info will be in the last video from FOX when they put it up.

M Kelly: is it true that u never want to move back in ur house?
Mom: i don't; i want her stuff...
Dad: i do

LOL, and that's part of the issue here. Some glasses are small, some are fish bowls, lol.

And do we know for a fact that the box of wine is the only alcohol there was?

Megan asked if she drank anything else, like vodka. she said no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members