Try to keep an open mind, an open heart and an open eye.

I've bounced around quite a bit. Even tried to give Deborah the benefit of the doubt. Yet every time I do I learn something about that night that pushes the mom right back in the middle of the bullseye. Right now I firmly believe D knows exactly what happened to baby Lisa that night.

The only open heart and mind I have is for a precious baby named Lisa who is still missing.
:candle: Lighting a candle and saying a prayer.

imo

I am open about Lisa Irwin. As for Casey Anthony, Caylee went unreported for a month.

and Caylee's grandmother, not her mother, called 911 to report her missing.

Lisa's father, not her mother, called 911 to report her missing.

JMO

I can see why people are jumping fence, I do understand. For one, I can think of a handful of cases where the parents or parent were the only suspect, and they were torn apart. The things Debbie is doing reminds me of other cases where in the end the real perp was eventually caught. For me, I rather think that Lisa is alive because someone wanted her, and until I see evidence besides oh she giggle, or she is smiling or they haven't talked, or talked to much, then I'll just stand here in a corner and let LE do the job. It amazes me how quickly some judge, and automatically point fingers. Its actually scary. I think of texts I sent friends, which is mostly inside jokes, and I can think of what people say about them. I hope nothing every happens in my life, because everything I have done would be twisted, and I am actually a really nice person. jmo

I didn't want to say that I'm still on the fence. But, I guess I am.

One thing I do know. Its such a shame that we, collectively - as a general public, have become so jaded and so untrusting and so leary of people. And, this really didn't start with KC. It has been going on for a longer time.

Susan Smith - how everyone believed her, only to be shocked with the real truth (BTW it only took her 10 days to crack)

Balloon Boy - it wasn't that people believed them - again, it was the shock when that poor boy, just being a kid, spilled the beans and the whole thing fell apart. What was new with that case was someone was willing to involve a child.

Acid attack girl - again - everyone believed her. I mean, c'mon, who would throw acid on their own face?

And one of the biggest, that we are all just "coming down" from - Casey Anthony. Oh the fights that have ensued from that case and did she or didn't she and her actions (and those of her parents) over those years - only to be walking free.

Then there's the steady stream of what I like to call "horn dogs". If you remember (or are old enough) it actually started with Trump and Marla Maples. Then just grew from there. Tiger, Edwards (which I felt was particularly smarmy), Arnold, etc. etc. Now when a story like this breaks - everyone just kinda says, "well, its not surprising".

The huge Catholic priests scandal. That's still going on. I just read the other day about a diocese that is now being sued because they knew about the priest and didn't do anything.

And now, Sybil. How a letter has been found that she wrote years ago about how it was all an orchestrated hoax and included her psychologist. If you haven't heard or read about this - there is a thread in our current events forum.

When you couple all that I listed above with your own life experiences - its really not hard to become jaded and questioning and suspicious of just about everything.

I really want to believe DB. I do. The logical person would think why would she come out with all this "I was drunk" and "Oh, I also take anxiety meds" if she had actually harmed Lisa - but, again, the cynic in me keeps screaming - "High powered attorney - could aid in a "diminished capacity" defense once this gets to a courtroom.

Morals, values, ethics, personal responsibility - all seem to be vanishing right before our eyes. I can't tell you how many articles I've read about how being the "nice guy" actually puts you behind the eight ball and its really the back stabbers that get ahead. That's something I've witnessed in the past 10 years or so personally.

So, as I struggle with all that just keeps coming to light in this case, I'm still trying to keep an open mind, an open heart and an open eye - its very difficult in this world today.

Still here, but taking a minute or two to absorb this revelation.

I was not really on the fence. I was convinced DB was being scapegoated. By KCPD, by us (the public). I was pretty well convinced she had nothing to do with this, no fence needed for me. Every now and then I would climb atop the fence but usually keeping one foot firmly planted on DB innocence side.

I have now firmly perched myself atop the fence, feet dangling and don't anticipate on moving til more evidence is available to me.

The ONLY thing that is keeping me on the fence for now is this and I speak from my own experiences of drinking to the point where the evening is "hazy"...

When in a drunk state...covering your tracks so there is NO evidence is IMPOSSIBLE.

Of course if she could be lying about being drunk...but the box of wine says otherwise.

The ONLY thing that is keeping me on the fence for now is this and I speak from my own experiences of drinking to the point where the evening is "hazy"...

When in a drunk state...covering your tracks so there is NO evidence is IMPOSSIBLE.

Of course if she could be lying about being drunk...but the box of wine says otherwise.

But does it? We don't know a) what type of anti-anxiety meds she was taking and the interaction (or lack thereof) with alcohol; b) what her tolerance to alcohol was especially since she stated she drinks with some regularity; c) how much of that purchased wine was consumed and d) how much was consumed by her versus how much by others.

I'm not buying I was too drunk to know a thing just yet - for the record I've never been up on that fence - but I hear it hurts! ;)

Why all the mentions of Caylee Anthony case? Granted, I don't know much about that case, but the only similarities I see are a missing girl who was last seen in their mother's care. Is there something else?

I am firmly on the fence. I think it's sort of nauseating to see people who are so sure one of the parents is guilty because "they aren't acting like they should" or some other nonsense.

But does it? We don't know a) what type of anti-anxiety meds she was taking and the interaction (or lack thereof) with alcohol; b) what her tolerance to alcohol was especially since she stated she drinks with some regularity; c) how much of that purchased wine was consumed and d) how much was consumed by her versus how much by others.

I'm not buying I was too drunk to know a thing just yet - for the record I've never been up on that fence - but I hear it hurts! ;)

bbm. it's actually quite comfortable! maybe it's because i secretly replaced my fence with my mattress..but shhh.

Why all the mentions of Caylee Anthony case? Granted, I don't know much about that case, but the only similarities I see are a missing girl who was last seen in their mother's care. Is there something else?

I am firmly on the fence. I think it's sort of nauseating to see people who are so sure one of the parents is guilty because "they aren't acting like they should" or some other nonsense.

I think the media involvement and response is causing people to see similarities. Its a formula of sorts, a predictable series of events. Its hard not to assume we'll see the next predicted event when all the previous ones have come to pass. The initial panic and tearful pleas, the big search. Then discord with LE, then a MSM deal, then a media spokesperson, then a high-powered lawyer... it becomes a production more than a search for a missing baby.

I didn't want to say that I'm still on the fence. But, I guess I am.

One thing I do know. Its such a shame that we, collectively - as a general public, have become so jaded and so untrusting and so leary of people. And, this really didn't start with KC. It has been going on for a longer time.

Susan Smith - how everyone believed her, only to be shocked with the real truth (BTW it only took her 10 days to crack)

Balloon Boy - it wasn't that people believed them - again, it was the shock when that poor boy, just being a kid, spilled the beans and the whole thing fell apart. What was new with that case was someone was willing to involve a child.

Acid attack girl - again - everyone believed her. I mean, c'mon, who would throw acid on their own face?

And one of the biggest, that we are all just "coming down" from - Casey Anthony. Oh the fights that have ensued from that case and did she or didn't she and her actions (and those of her parents) over those years - only to be walking free.

Then there's the steady stream of what I like to call "horn dogs". If you remember (or are old enough) it actually started with Trump and Marla Maples. Then just grew from there. Tiger, Edwards (which I felt was particularly smarmy), Arnold, etc. etc. Now when a story like this breaks - everyone just kinda says, "well, its not surprising".

The huge Catholic priests scandal. That's still going on. I just read the other day about a diocese that is now being sued because they knew about the priest and didn't do anything.

And now, Sybil. How a letter has been found that she wrote years ago about how it was all an orchestrated hoax and included her psychologist. If you haven't heard or read about this - there is a thread in our current events forum.

When you couple all that I listed above with your own life experiences - its really not hard to become jaded and questioning and suspicious of just about everything.

I really want to believe DB. I do. The logical person would think why would she come out with all this "I was drunk" and "Oh, I also take anxiety meds" if she had actually harmed Lisa - but, again, the cynic in me keeps screaming - "High powered attorney - could aid in a "diminished capacity" defense once this gets to a courtroom.

Morals, values, ethics, personal responsibility - all seem to be vanishing right before our eyes. I can't tell you how many articles I've read about how being the "nice guy" actually puts you behind the eight ball and its really the back stabbers that get ahead. That's something I've witnessed in the past 10 years or so personally.

So, as I struggle with all that just keeps coming to light in this case, I'm still trying to keep an open mind, an open heart and an open eye - its very difficult in this world today.

Very well said. Thank you!

We've heard that their own custody battle was "ruthless". Could she have taken Lisa out of revenge, feeling that since she'd "lost" her own son to Jeremy, that she'd take Lisa to even the score? She might have been in that home, knew her way around, and might even have known a little about Deborah's habits.

O/T my thanks button only works when it feels like it - lots of good thoughts, thanks.

Some of us think that missing child cases had a different look in the media before Caylee's case and even more so before Casey's not guilty verdict. There is a ground swell of group think and media bias that did not exist quite the same way before the summer.

I think the media involvement and response is causing people to see similarities. Its a formula of sorts, a predictable series of events. Its hard not to assume we'll see the next predicted event when all the previous ones have come to pass. The initial panic and tearful pleas, the big search. Then discord with LE, then a MSM deal, then a media spokesperson, then a high-powered lawyer... it becomes a production more than a search for a missing baby.

As I said in the original post in this thread I fear this is the new normal for cases that go national and last more than week.

I think the Casey Anthony case started an alarming trend. The case spawned many crime forums where posters could hash and rehash all the details of the sensational case and what has emerged is a seemingly primal need to bash and trash bad mothers, as new cases emerge. For some it has obviously become a great form of entertainment. As soon as one case ends, internet addicts wait for another to begin. The rush to blame the mother before many facts are known has become downright scarey. It could result in LE's need to arrest somebody being more important than actually thoroughly investigating and finding these missing babies. That is what DB and her attorney have implied is happening in this case. To me it is sort of ironic that as this is going on, we have the resolution of the West Memphis Three case, where inept LE did ruin the lives of many while the killer of three boys still goes free.

My head hurts. If she was drunk I don't think she could have pulled off a staged cover up. I also think she is very naive. I hold my breath, waiting for new revelations. I am thinking the worst, aside from the parents being involved. That someone has been watching the house, knew DB was drunk, and kidnapped little Lisa. Thinking Danielle van Dam. I am recovering from an 8 day GI virus, so don't know if I am making any sense.

i would like to take a moment again to remind everyone to keep an open mind, heart and eye. there are plenty of things we do not see going on behind the scenes. human beings have many, many emotions. not everything is black and white. some of the comments here and on other sites against these parents are very, very troubling to me. no one is perfect. but to anyone who is reading: please, please keep an open mind. do not believe the SPIN. try to get to the real truth of every little "soundbite" or snippet, try to not assume the worst. keep in mind that things are edited. keep in mind that you do not KNOW these parents. anyone reading this is entitled to their opinion, but all i ask is that you keep an open mind. at the end of the day i don't know if the parents did it or what happened to that baby, but i know that i am not willing to plant my heels just yet.

snip

My head hurts. If she was drunk I don't think she could have pulled off a staged cover up. I also think she is very naive. I hold my breath, waiting for new revelations. I am thinking the worst, aside from the parents being involved. That someone has been watching the house, knew DB was drunk, and kidnapped little Lisa. Thinking Danielle van Dam. I am recovering from an 8 day GI virus, so don't know if I am making any sense.

I am thinking the same way. I actually have wondered if the mother hadn't recently finished breast feeding and was staying away from wine, etc. since she found out she was pregnant. Of course, once she was able to have some wine, why wouldn't she be happy to enjoy some? Not being used to it anymore, a few glasses konked her out. I'll bet she'll regret that for the rest of her life. I also feel an intruder came in and took this child. And I think it was someone high on drugs and saw people coming and going earlier and went inside and (being stoned) turned on lights so they didn't fall since they did not know the layout of the house - and snatched the baby to exchange for drug money with someone and went out right the door with her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back