Vancouver restaurant bans men from peeing standing up

TrackerSam

Reaction score
A Vancouver restaurant has come up with an interesting solution to the men-can’t-aim problem: Ban men from peeing standing up.

In Edible Canada’s case, where men and women have to share toilets, I can see why they’d be interested in reducing behaviours that might make things messy.

But, still, isn’t banning stand-up peeing a little extreme? Not to mention, as far as I can tell, completely unenforceable?

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2011/10/12/vancouver-restaurant-bans-men-from-peeing-standing-up/

Attachments

• img_0273.jpg
    img_0273.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 5
I don't see how that's going to help matters. I see piss on the seats all the time in women's restrooms. :waitasec:

@rpipergirl: Never been in a hospital?

lol. From the Edible Canada site.

“PeeGate” – How a Little Bathroom Sign Created a Giant Flush of Attention

Edible Canada president Eric Pateman came across the stickers months ago when planning the shared, co-ed washroom space. While picking up signage from Puddifoot Restaurant Suppliers he came across the no-peeing-standing stickers, got a laugh out of them and picked a few up for the stalls. “We figured it would be something fun and different,” he said. “A conversation piece...

The stickers have been so popular with our customers that we’ve had to replace them five times in the last three months. “Customers keep taking them. Some people have even taken off the plaster to remove them and take them home” according to Pateman.

http://blog.ediblecanada.com/peegate-how-a-little-bathroom-sign-created-a-giant-flush-of-attention/

A Vancouver restaurant has come up with an interesting solution to the men-can’t-aim problem: Ban men from peeing standing up.

In Edible Canada’s case, where men and women have to share toilets, I can see why they’d be interested in reducing behaviours that might make things messy.

But, still, isn’t banning stand-up peeing a little extreme? Not to mention, as far as I can tell, completely unenforceable?

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2011/10/12/vancouver-restaurant-bans-men-from-peeing-standing-up/

I actually support that. Who wants to stand in pee.

It should be a law! It's a law in my house.

:whip:

I don't see how that's going to help matters. I see piss on the seats all the time in women's restrooms. :waitasec:

@rpipergirl: Never been in a hospital?

I knew of one independant sales woman who used to come in and straddle the seat because she didn't want to sit on a public toilet, never cleaned up the mess, and the other women in the office complained to the point where our manager forbid her entrance into the building.

WARNING FOUL LANGUAGE!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0sXx5wwGo"]Paulie on Bathroom Hygeine - YouTube[/ame]

It would stop that problem of men forgetting to put the seat down too!

I knew of one independant sales woman who used to come in and straddle the seat because she didn't want to sit on a public toilet, never cleaned up the mess, and the other women in the office complained to the point where our manager forbid her entrance into the building.

Yes, otherwise known as the mystery female hover maneuver :D

Men, stand up for your right to pee!

Thanks for my morning chuckle everyone.

Now if only I hadn't been eating my morning toast when I watched that video clip! :eek:

I like the seat down sooooo much, that every man I've ever lived with just ends up sitting to pee... :D

Seriously, I'm not that bad, but it's true. I think the male sit is more common than readily acknowledged. Also, it's a good exercise to have them clean the bathroom on a regular basis-- eh, just 'cause.

It has been banned in my home for years. I hope it catches on everywhere. ;-)

Where did it start that it was ok for men to stand up and pee anyways? Just because they can is not a good excuse! lol

I like the seat down sooooo much, that every man I've ever lived with just ends up sitting to pee... :D

Seriously, I'm not that bad, but it's true. I think the male sit is more common than readily acknowledged. Also, it's a good exercise to have them clean the bathroom on a regular basis-- eh, just 'cause.

It has been banned in my home for years. I hope it catches on everywhere. ;-)

Where did it start that it was ok for men to stand up and pee anyways? Just because they can is not a good excuse! lol

:cat: :whip:

Well let me tell you, my boss, who is a real man's man, you know he's an avid hunter and our office was decked out with wild boar skins and pictures of lots of dead animals and such, HOWEVER, on the this issue, he told me that at their house the men sit down. In fact he cured his teenage son from standing by telling him that he needed to lie down with his head near the bowl, and then his Dad would, um. "go" and if nothing splashed on his face then he could stand up to pee! I laughed hysterically. He told his son that when he was at the ballpark and the public restrooms he could do as he pleased but NEVER AT HOME.

Me? I am a bit more crass. I just threaten to "tee tee" on the floor and let them walk through it. same thing as them splashing urine all over. Works for me.

That's right...Crack the whip and wail like a banshee!!!!!!!

Men and women share public restrooms in Canada? Here is the US that is against the law I believe.

I don't know about against the law. We only have one bathroom at our business and we've never been told we have to add another (no room for one so that would be a problem!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back