"Killing Field" in League City, Texas- Calder Rd Cold Cases

It runs quite a bit more south than that, by a few miles, in actuality. That pin point only represents one small field where remains and bodies were found. More have been recovered in the marshes and fields spanning all the way to the Galveston Causeway. If you only search Calder Road or League City, I think your results are going to be limited. Just a heads up, so you get more complete results.

I suspected the same. We need a better map of the entire area. There were some found in marshes, fields, and other places. I have one report that states 60 killings. I believe that is a more accurate number so I'm missing some names.

I'd like to do a map of where each disappeared from and where each one was located. I think that would/could be useful information.

Please, please tell me you are kidding! :furious::furious::furious:

I'll second that.

I watched the show once and I'm watching it again right now. The letter, no matter who wrote it, strikes me of a BTK type ego.

If it was mailed by a family member or friend I think they would know by now. Also, I think this guy is the type who would want to remind Tim that he is responsible for his daughters death and nobody else.

What I want to know is how many murders have occurred since he was hit by the train?

Based on the information I have obtained thus far some were killed in their homes. That would lead me to believe at least 2 SK's. One who attacked in the home and the other(S) who left his victims in the fields.

60 killings! Youngest age 9 and oldest age 57. Mostly Caucasian, several hispanics, and several asians.

I'll second that.

I watched the show once and I'm watching it again right now. The letter, no matter who wrote it, strikes me of a BTK type ego.

If it was mailed by a family member or friend I think they would know by now. Also, I think this guy is the type who would want to remind Tim that he is responsible for his daughters death and nobody else.

What I want to know is how many murders have occurred since he was hit by the train?

Did you catch the date as far as when he was killed? I wondered the same thing. He was strange!

I agree, that letter was meant to torment Tim and it sent chills down my spine. So horrible and cruel. Does remind me of BTK too.

These murders seemed to be divided into 2 general age groups imo and several dumping locations. I'm still working on all that so I could be wrong.

The shirt found with Tim's daughter Laura was never tested for DNA or anything. It was just lost. IMO, this lends credibility to the theory that a LE officer is involved. In the letter the killer says he's tampered with evidence.

The 9 year old was Amber Hagerman. January 17, 1996.
From her death came the National Amber Alert. She was included as one of the I-45 Killings.

Robert Able died July 2005 after being hit by a train on a golf cart. It could have been suicide but they think it's an accident.

10 in the 70's
13 in the 80's
17 in the 90's
6 in the 00's

But I know of a few other cases, and am trying to get their names/info. My uncle found a child's body while he was out fishing in those marshes a few years back, also.

The shirt found with Tim's daughter Laura was never tested for DNA or anything. It was just lost. IMO, this lends credibility to the theory that a LE officer is involved. In the letter the killer says he's tampered with evidence.

I have believed for a long time that LE was involved and that along with IKoihil's mother makes me think it even more.

10 in the 70's
13 in the 80's
17 in the 90's
6 in the 00's

But I know of a few other cases, and am trying to get their names/info. My uncle found a child's body while he was out fishing in those marshes a few years back, also.

Ok, so I'm missing one in the 90's. Gosh, your poor uncle.

I don't know how to verify with mods that I'm local. What do you suggest I do?
Welcome to WS, Ikoihil. I'm terribly sorry about your mother. Thank you for joining us here. I don't know if you've found the information on becoming verified yet. Just in case you haven't, I'll post it here. Becoming verified is a simple process and strictly voluntary.

If a member wants to post as a professional ( a lawyer, shrink, and so on) or as a local/knows the people involved then they must email us at the following email.
wsverify@xmission.com
Please include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case they are asking to be verified on.
All info will be kept strictly confidential
Thank you!

I hope they got Robert Able's DNA. I'm not sure it would help though since most of the teens were placed in a marsh, creek, river, or water.

I may have said 5 weeks after Able died that Tim got the letter but I was wrong. It was 5 months. That seems like a long time for someone to sit on a letter.

Ok, so I'm missing one in the 90's. Gosh, your poor uncle.

Oops, I accidentally added my mom to 90's instead of 80's. That just seems so long ago.

Thanks for the verification info; I've emailed them with my details.

I'm still trying to dig up that other information about the cases I've heard about and think about random stuff people have told me. I guess it's kind of common around here, so ..."oh, they found another one" and then you don't get the name. Plus, when you're a kid, details don't stick with you quite as much. Good thing I've got google!

I may have said 5 weeks after Able died that Tim got the letter but I was wrong. It was 5 months. That seems like a long time for someone to sit on a letter.

True! I wonder if Able gave it to someone to mail and they held on to it or if it came from someone else. I wonder if Able had access to evidence.

Wish I had a copy of the letter. Able worked for Nassau didn't he?

I wonder why the person choose Tim Miller to torment. I haven't heard of any other victims families who received letters.

Reminds me of LISK too.

True! I wonder if Able gave it to someone to mail and they held on to it or if it came from someone else. I wonder if Able had access to evidence.

Wish I had a copy of the letter. Able worked for Nassau didn't he?

I don't remember.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back