Mystery Man Surveillance

Um, is it wrong of me to say that I don't understand what is so significant about the blob? I know that the blob was blobbing along at a nice nifty spot in the timeline, but how the heck can anyone tell what the blob is, where the blob is going, or what the blob is doing?

I don't feel justified in considering him anything other just a random person who was out at night until something, anything, connects him to Lisa's disappearance. Sure, check him out if you can but I'm certain there are lots of other people on that surveillance tape, why not check them out too? Have the people in the vehicles been ruled out?

What I am more interested in in the gas station footage than a blobbing blob that does not (IMO) appear to be emerging from a wooded area is, are there people who bought gas in a canister? Yesterday's video said that the man who reported the dumpster fire said the flames were high and he suspected that some kind of accelerant was used.

MK "states" law enforcement said DB failed the polygraph. Unless you have a media link where LE does in fact make a statement about DB failing the lie detector test, I would like everyone to stop stating this a factual.

LE has not made many statements, other than the parents aren't cooperating as much as they would like them to cooperate. Period.

BBM: We have a MSM link stating that their sources <LE> said she "failed miserably." If we only discuss the facts that an actual cop states on TV as fact we'll have very little to go on.

We usually depend on our "sources" for this sort of thing. They are usually pretty dead on, too.

The video, taken from a BP gas station less than two miles from the home where Lisa was last seen, shows an unidentified person walking along the road around 2:15 a.m. October 4.

The station manager, Anuj Arora, said it's unusual to see anyone walking at that time of night in the region.

Arora, who shared the video with CNN on Sunday, said he also turned it over to authorities investigating Lisa's disappearance in hopes it will help in the search for the girl.

The FBI and Kansas City police declined to comment on the video, citing the ongoing investigation.
BBM. That's the first time I read that.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/23/us/missouri-missing-girl/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

BBM: We have a MSM link stating that their sources <LE> said she "failed miserably." If we only discuss the facts that an actual cop states on TV as fact we'll have very little to go on.

We usually depend on our "sources" for this sort of thing. They are usually pretty dead on, too.

Normally I trust the national and most local media. But in this case, and the way certain news sources seem to be trying to create the news I am not trusting them too much right now.

I was on the slow computer yesterday and didn't get to see the tape.

JMHO..I see someone walking down the street. From the snippet on the CNN link, it looks to me as though the tree in front of the gas station is blocking the view of where this person was coming from. I don't see them emerging from trees/woods, but rather a short clip where the person is seen once they pass the tree in front of the gas station.

If that didn't make sense, blame lack of coffee :)

LE has no way of knowing which houses are vacant and they can't enter any house without the owner's permission or a search warrant.

The defense can certainly opine about the homeless man and vacant houses all they wish at trial and it will be up to a jury to decide if such info is credible evidence.

JMO

I disagree... LE should know which houses are vacant just by simply canvassing the area. The neighbors know which houses are vacant. If LE doesn't get an answer, ask a neighbor about the home they are not getting an answer at. As far as owners... deeds are public record in my county. I was very upset to find that not one, but two vacant houses were not searched immediately after Lisa disappeared. :banghead:

I think LE should look at parents, but they should not be so narrow-minded to not think about searching elsewhere too. If Lisa was abducted then whomever took her has had plenty of time to get very far away with her and establish a new life with her. IMO

When exactly did LE say there were no holes in the story? I don't recall that at all.

I'm not sure how to link to a WS post, but it is right there on the timeline. Plus I read it in a MSM article back then - those exact words: "no holes" .

Here is the WS timeline blurb:

UPDATE at 2:00 p.m. October 4 presser Capt. Steve Young speaking—Parents’ story has no holes. Looking into neighbor that possibly saw Lisa being carried by the male. No suspects other than neighbor sighting.

I'm not sure how to link to a WS post, but it is right there on the timeline. Plus I read it in a MSM article back then - those exact words: "no holes" .

UPDATE at 2:00 p.m. October 4 presser Capt. Steve Young speaking&#8212;Parents&#8217; story has no holes. Looking into neighbor that possibly saw Lisa being carried by the male. No suspects other than neighbor sighting.

Well if he ever actually said it, I very much doubt he feels the same way today.

UPDATE at 2:00 p.m. October 4 presser Capt. Steve Young speaking—Parents’ story has no holes. Looking into neighbor that possibly saw Lisa being carried by the male. No suspects other than neighbor sighting.

Doesn't that support the fact that LE was NOT in judgment of the parents until they had gotten well into the investigation? This statement was the afternoon of the day Lisa first went missing.

Doesn't that support the fact that LE was NOT in judgment of the parents until they had gotten well into the investigation? This statement was the afternoon of the day Lisa first went missing.

Sure it does. But I am certainly not faulting the police or their investigation. All I am saying is that we can't assume that Debbie did NOT tell LE the whole truth.

For the record, there are some bad cops. And there are some bad investigations. But I assume that LE is doing the best job possible. I don't think LE is trying to railroad the family (at least not yet), but I think that an awful lot of people are jumping to conclusions when there is no evidence.

I disagree... LE should know which houses are vacant just by simply canvassing the area. The neighbors know which houses are vacant. If LE doesn't get an answer, ask a neighbor about the home they are not getting an answer at. As far as owners... deeds are public record in my county. I was very upset to find that not one, but two vacant houses were not searched immediately after Lisa disappeared. :banghead:

I think LE should look at parents, but they should not be so narrow-minded to not think about searching elsewhere too. If Lisa was abducted then whomever took her has had plenty of time to get very far away with her and establish a new life with her. IMO

Actually when it is believed to be a stranger abduction less area searches are done. They may do a quick area search, but for the most part without some direction to indicate where to search it is believed to be wasted time to physically search.

Where would you start if nothing was located near the crime scene? A half mile away? A mile? 5 miles? 10 miles? If it was a stranger abduction and they didn't dispose of the baby near the crime scene, the baby could have been taken to the next town, city or even out of state.

Even this video is edited. First, it's zoomed in panned to the right of the tree, the moved quickly to the left to see the man walk from behind the tree.

I wish I had unedited footage of this to see.

FWIW....I have never seen a released unedited surveillance video possibly connected to an investigation. We're always left with if only we could see a few seconds more to the right or to the left or closer or....etc etc.

how do they even know it was a man?

looks like someone wearing a white robe or trench coat

this is all i have to say :biggrin:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScKrmvMTgyA"]Eyewitness - Ms. Swan - YouTube[/ame]

FWIW....I have never seen a released unedited surveillance video possibly connected to an investigation. We're always left with if only we could see a few seconds more to the right or to the left or closer or....etc etc.

Take this video for example:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJoID7VwRtM"]Carlie Brucia Abduction - YouTube[/ame]

I know this video should look familiar. Carlie Brucia Abduction

It doesn't show the man walking just out of the screen, it shows him approach her, then later shows him leaving the area.

I'd like to know if this guy sold this tape? The irony of GMA putting this out first? Seems to be a good piece of evidence for a defense.

I would think you would at least see the man in the video until he is no longer visible on the video...

What evidence? Not every death involves losing lots of blood. There are plenty of ways a small child can die and not leave physical evidence behind.

Evidence like a cadaver dog signaling a positive hit for human decomp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back