Identified! OK - Tulsa, Human remains in SUV in pond, Oct'11 - Sheila Scott-Sharpe

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
NE Okla. pond being searched after dog finds foot

Tulsa, Okla. — Police are searching an east Tulsa pond after a dog discovered a human foot in the water.

Officers say a woman was walking the dog about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday when the animal found the foot inside a shoe and began playing with it. When the woman tried to take the shoe away from the dog, she saw a foot inside and then called police

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/6cec1d9cf7e149bdae467b5453168e53/OK--Human-Foot-Found/

UPDATE: Human foot found in East Tulsa

Statement from Tulsa Police:

On 10-25-2011 Tulsa Police Officers were called to the retention pond at 500 S Mingo. Upon
arrival Officers found a detached left foot along with a female size 9 Saucony Jazz shoe. A
citizen and their dog were playing near the pond when the dog went into the pond and emerged
with the shoe and foot.
TPD Crime Scene responded and called in the Office of The Medical Examiner. The foot was
determined to be human and the Medical Examiner recovered and took possession of the foot
and shoe. The Tulsa Police Department Dive Team is on scene and will begin a systematic
search of the pond for any evidence this afternoon.
The foot could have been in the pond for some time, possibly as late as last winter.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/human-foot-found-inside-shoe-east-tulsa/nFMY4/

EEEWW EEEEEW

RIP to whomever the foot belongs

shoe_t670.jpg

Police Homicide Unit is releasing a photo of the shoe in hopes to gaining any information on an
identification.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/human-foot-found-inside-shoe-east-tulsa/nFMY4/

Does anyone else think that shoe seems very small as if for a child or woman small in stature?

To me that photo is decieving, that shoe does not look to be a size 9 female. I wear a size 8 to 9 and if I put my hand near my shoe, my hand appears much smaler than teh shoe. Opposite is true here. Phto hands looks large shoe small.

So sad.

i agree.. it almost looks to be a toddler 9 (when compared to the hands of the LE holding it)
Guy or gal must have huge hands!

I have the same pair - I bought them specifically because they make my size 11's look much smaller! Here they are (put iPad smart cover and hand next to it to give perspective)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319598424.792428.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319598424.792428.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 111
Does anyone else think that shoe seems very small as if for a child or woman small in stature?

To me that photo is decieving, that shoe does not look to be a size 9 female. I wear a size 8 to 9 and if I put my hand near my shoe, my hand appears much smaler than teh shoe. Opposite is true here. Phto hands looks large shoe small.

So sad.

It looks more like a 6... I wonder if that's possible -- they're reading the size upside down? I'm sure they have other reasons for saying '9', but just a thought I had.

Not to be overly graphic, but I wonder if the foot was disarticulated and if so, at what joint(s).
Was that mentioned in MSM anywhere?

Searching through OK MP's, and wondering if the remains match anyone in NamUs.

Talk about being freaked out! Pick up a shoe the dog is playing with and the foot is still in it!!! I'd still be cleaning my pants. Where's the rest of the body?

Strange that no one reported a missing person...unless they were from far away. I always wonder if the victim was a casualty of tornadoes in those states where they are prominent.

I have the same pair - I bought them specifically because they make my size 11's look much smaller! Here they are (put iPad smart cover and hand next to it to give perspective)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, Truthful Lies.
Glad to see any apparent human remains are not in your shoe. :eek:

Not to be overly graphic, but I wonder if the foot was disarticulated and if so, at what joint(s).
---
"There's not any kind of cut marks to indicate where it had been sawed off, there's no indication that tells us it was severed in any way or broken," said Sgt. Farley.
---
http://bit.ly/vpjgbW

Searching through OK MP's, and wondering if the remains match anyone in NamUs.

"There's not any kind of cut marks to indicate where it had been sawed off, there's no indication that tells us it was severed in any way or broken," said Sgt. Farley.

Theories on how the foot got into the pond? "I don't know, I don't know at all," said one woman watching the divers in action.

"One of the crime scene detectives actually related to me that it looked like maybe even a fish or turtle more likely might have been gnawing on the body part, which is kind of creepy," said Sgt. Farley.

"It's very creepy," said the woman.

Police say the foot may have been in the water for several months, even as far back as last winter.

http://www.ktul.com/story/15875317/human-foot-found-in-detention-pond

Thanks, wfgodot. I wonder if there was a prior injury to the foot that might have encouraged animal activity in the water. Seems likely to me that it was disarticulated at the ankle due to water damage. Interesting though, that the sneaker doesn't seem as damaged (at least in that one picture.) How did they remove the foot from the shoe?
I'd be putting some money on the fact that the rest of the remains of this individual are in that body of water. I wonder if they brought an HRD dog out to see if it alerted anywhere.

Whoever this victim is (victim whether by violence, weather, or accident) I hope they are able to recover them. :(

snip-snip

Very gingerly, I imagine.

Yes, I'm sure. Was wondering because it seems like the sneaker was not damaged in the process. I mean- did they unlace it and were able to extract the foot? If they were able to do that, then clearly it wasn't decomposed to a certain point. Otherwise I would think it would have been cut in order to preserve evidence? that's my experience, anyway.

I wonder if it may have been a (legally) amputated foot, that some fool put in a shoe to use as fish or crab bait.

(Yes- true story. Have personally encountered this twice. :eek:)

Yes, I'm sure. Was wondering because it seems like the sneaker was not damaged in the process. I mean- did they unlace it and were able to extract the foot? If they were able to do that, then clearly it wasn't decomposed to a certain point. Otherwise I would think it would have been cut in order to preserve evidence? that's my experience, anyway.

I wonder if it may have been a (legally) amputated foot, that some fool put in a shoe to use as fish or crab bait.

(Yes- true story. Have personally encountered this twice. :eek:)

LMAO ..yuck...

I had a friend find a boot with a foot in it. He found out after he found it how it got there. It was from a motorcyle accident. The couldnt find his foot when they cleared the seen and My friend found it 6 months later.

He was 12 so they came bak and told him it wasnt from a murder victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back