Parents will send out daily press releases (per local attorney on 10/26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazzie

This is love
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nursebeeme
ryankath Ryan Kath
RT @Sam_Hartle: Local attorney representing #LisaIrwin's parents just sent out press release saying they will send out daily press releases
3 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=ryankath
I don't even know where to start with this...couldn't even find the "gimme a break" smilie. :)

I posted a few comments on the Daily MSM thread. Hopefully a kind mod will move some of the many posts by others about this over here. TIA... :)

And kind mod, please put "Lisa's" (parents) in the title?

Remember Lisa? :angel:

What could they possibly have to say every single day?

What could they possibly have to say every single day?

I would think there would be a LOT to say - T-shirts are in, missing posters need to go up here ______, LE is still not willing to meet with us in the presence of our lawyer, etc.

First the parents flood the media, then they host their own little media and LE blackout, and now, they and their attorney want to flood the media again. Beautiful. Just...beautiful.

Well, at least this attorney (Cyndy Short) is working pro bono. :angel: So, so far, the family is getting their money's worth. :angel: SIGH.

I simply don't think it can be underestimated how much certain recent actions are hurting the family's image and public opinion. JMO.

This has truly turned into a circus.

And no Lisa still...

Very sad.

All my opinion :twocents:

It's about time.

Someone has finally convinced them that they are doing more damage than good by not talking to the local media or having open discussions with law enforcement.

I guess this is a start...

But, wait - I've seen people here criticize them because they aren't talking every single day in front of the cameras and then when they decide to, they are criticized for that??

daily press releases from a defense attorney that represents the family of a missing baby who have not spoken to law enforcement since around 8 october?

really?

and we are to believe these press releases?

It's about time.

Someone has finally convinced them that they are doing more damage than good by not talking to the local media or having open discussions with law enforcement.

I guess this is a start...
Did I miss something, or did you misunderstand? :) Apparently this is just that the parents' local *defense* attorney is going to send out daily press releases.

Nothing about daily press conferences with local or national media.

Nothing about Lisa's parents sitting down with LE detectives in person or having open discussions with LE.

IOW, yet more *one way* communication.

But, wait - I've seen people here criticize them because they aren't talking every single day in front of the cameras and then when they decide to, they are criticized for that??

just my :twocents: but I don't want to see them talking to America.. I want to see them talking to the people trying to find out what happened to their child... and I don't care if we ever hear about it (ie, them going to the station, etc).

(respectfully jmhoo):twocents:

Please read my previous post to indepmo.

There's a difference between using air time to plead for your daughter's return to keep HER in the spotlight and using the spotlight for yourself.

I don't think pleading for Lisa will be easy through daily press releases. But if the parents think it's the right way to communicate whatever they want to communicate daily, I hope it'll have the result they're looking for.

My guess is that it'll have little to do with Lisa but I hope to be wrong.

All my opinion :twocents:

just my :twocents: but I don't want to see them talking to America.. I want to see them talking to the people trying to find out what happened to their child... and I don't care if we ever hear about it (ie, them going to the station, etc).

(respectfully jmhoo):twocents:

Exactly!

The parents should embrace the community that wants to help them find Lisa which includes local law enforcement officials and the media.

Their community. Kansas City!

i havent thoroughly researched this yet, but it sounds like its the lawyers idea..am I right?
Perhaps the parents just dont know what to do and are getting some bad advice here. the lawyers are the ones making it a circus.
I dont know what to think yet. Sounds like the lawyers are perpetuating the standoff with LE and that doesnt help find Lisa or the "public image" of their clients.
All I can say is WOW

I'm glad they are doing daily press releases. The press has been miserably inaccurate with the facts. Let's give a few days and see what their attorney has to say. It seems a bit quick to pass judgement.

But I agree with you, the family is criticized no matter what they do. LE asked them not to search, yet the outcry is demanding they search. :waitasec:

Wow...quite honestly I could give a chit what these 2 people and their lawyers feel like feeding to people on a daily basis unless they are willing to tell the date and time they are going to LE and sit down with LE to do separate interviews to help LE find their child that is missing. I would, however, welcome daily press conferences from LE.JMO.

(Was that paragraph loaded with enough " LE's"?)

You know what? I am perfectly OK with the family sending out daily press releases, or putting on tutus and doing a little dance on the front lawn for the cameras if it keeps the media and LE focused on finding out what happened to Lisa. MSM reports have slowed down quite a bit lately, and I think whatever keeps this case from going cold is a good thing. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie