LE wants to interview the parents separately

Why would LE even think that DB & JI would consent to an interview without their lawyer? Is that not one of the reasons people "lawyer up" to put that barrier between them and LE?

Because they would like to help LE locate their daughter? If these two refuse to speak w/o an attorney, I say lock em up! A criminal defense attorney does not help anyone find the child. They are hired to keep LE at bay. They usually tell the parents to not say anything. That goes to show you how beneficial they are in missing child cases. They have absolutely no interest in finding a missing baby when they are representing the parents. The parents should be begging to talk to the LE, not vice versa.

......grrrrr:maddening:

They havent done over 40 hours of questioning at all, no where near that and they havent been read their rights because they arent under arrest and that only happens when you are placed under arrest. I think LE is handling themselves very professionally. Time to find out where Lisa is now.

you are correct. Remember this is an attorney giving us the hours. If any of you have had the misfortune to hire one, you should be aware of their math.

Just look at one of the statements they give you and look at the hours totaled.:floorlaugh:

Can someone on here please tell me where in the heck it says that LE wants to interview the parents without their atty. That isnt going to happen and I cannot even fathom LE saying something like that. If DB and JI want to be questioned without their atty, they can, but LE cannot make them. I think this is a rumor that has been taken and someone ran with it. Also can someone tell me why it is thought they need to have been mirandized because they havent been placed under arrest either. I am not sure where this information is coming from and its misleading.

Is there a thread for the motorcycle man who saw a man with the baby cause earlier I think I heard he fingered someone by a pic the cops showed him. Do we know who that person was?

you are correct. Remember this is an attorney giving us the hours. If any of you have had the misfortune to hire one, you should be aware of their math.

Just look at one of the statements they give you and look at the hours totaled.:floorlaugh:

Yeah in 3 weeks time its only been like 17 hours they have been questioned and that is nothing. Nothing at all. I probably spent 17 hours in the bathroom in 3 weeks. I am not trying to be sarcastic here but come on. These parents havent done a thing to help find this baby. If she was kidnapped (which I do not believe) they dont care, if she was murdered, they do not care.. They just dont care. It took them over 2 weeks to even put on a t-shirt with her pic on it and the pic they released for the amber alert was Lisa at 3 months old. They didnt have a recent pic of their daughter around, seriously. Lies after lies after lies. That is all I have heard from all of them. LE is the only ones not talking and rightly so. Thank God they are being as quiet as they are just waiting for one of those parents to trip themselves up. God this is frustrating.

It's here in this thread somewhere. Look at the links. HTH

According to the press release... they have done hours and hours of interviews with police together and seperate... even the children...

Yes... I have seen them in interviews begging for the safe return of their child... begging that who ever has her drop her off at a church or school etc.

I read HUGE billboards were going up asking the public for leads.

I believe that they have said they were in interviews with police for something like 17, 17.5 hours. About the same as two days of employment. And that was spread out over a week. The children were interviewed initially, before LE even knew the questions they should ask the kids. Parents have refused to allow them to be interviewed since.

Of course they asked for her to be dropped off. Any parent of a missing child would ask the public for that. Also any parent who was trying to portray that their child was kidnapped.

On the huge billboards that are going up. Are they going to put current pictures on them, or the baby photos?

I believe that they have said they were in interviews with police for something like 17, 17.5 hours. About the same as two days of employment. And that was spread out over a week. The children were interviewed initially, before LE even knew the questions they should ask the kids. Parents have refused to allow them to be interviewed since.

Of course they asked for her to be dropped off. Any parent of a missing child would ask the public for that. Also any parent who was trying to portray that their child was kidnapped.

On the huge billboards that are going up. Are they going to put current pictures on them, or the baby photos?

Thank you, I just got finished saying that. For the amber alert they gave a pic of Lisa at 3 months old. How could they not have had a more up to date pic of her.. This is ridiculous.

Hey y'all.

The topic of this thread is "LE wants to interview (DB and JI) separately."

There've been many valuable posts here about why DB and JI might or might not want to be interviewed separately, and about why LE might want to conduct separate interviews.

Can we please keep the conversation here limited to this topic? :tyou:

Where this post falls is random.

Oh, I think an incessant pick at a weak spot could get someone to blow-- if they play on the tension you know has to be right under the surface in that place they're staying... yeah, I think someone could break. jmo

I'm wondering. By now I think family knows or suspects what happened. I think LE should paper an interrogation room with Lisa's photos. Baby pics, pics from right before she died. Everything.

Then one by one bring in the grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins and all the supporting family. Gently asking them questions about what they know, about what happened. Surely there is at least one who wouldn't be able to cover when faced with the pics of the baby.

Billboards have the baby photos. If you search google images it has an image of billboard, it's the same old baby photo.

Playing devils advocate here may I offer a suggestion? If JI and DB feel the police are only focused on searching woods, rivers, landfills, etc. they may feel like they have to do the media interviews to keep it out there in the hope that someone knows something.

I'm always open for suggestions, strach! 1/2 of the reason why I come back to the threads involving Lisa is in hope that I *am* wrong & she's been returned safely.

My feeling follows along with the changing/differentiating time line, the sudden public admission of alcohol being involved, and the cut off of any police interviews after DB's failed polygraph.

Everyone has the right to an attorney in an interview with LE. And attorneys will frequently advise their clients not to talk to LE that is true.

However an attorney is a person hired to protect their client. Not the missing person, their client is the person who hired them.

As a hiree, they are advisors only. They cannot stop, order, or prevent a parent from speaking to LE. As a matter of fact, if the parent wishes they can insist on the interviews with LE and request that their attorney be present. The attorney can attend the questioning, to help protect their interests. And when a parent of a kidnapped child does get requests from LE for an interview this is often what happens.

LE however does not have to consent to the interview. Though often the attorney will work with LE to make it worth their while in order to satisfy their clients insistence on working with LE.

So where is the break down here? I haven't heard from the attorney that the LE has refused an interview. And I believe these attorneys would shout that from the rooftops. But I am hearing about conditions.

Now if LE requests an interview with the parents, and they don't wish to participate it often aids the parents not to outright refuse to do the interview. Instead they can insist on too many conditions. Who the interview is to be conducted by, what can be discussed, whether it is separate or together are just some of the conditions a lawyer might set up to help their client avoid an interview.

I believe the Ramsey's said the questions had to be in written form submitted to the attorneys and vetted by them before they answered. Josh Powell insisted that he would only be interviewed by the FBI, with an attorney paid for by them to protect his interests. (Neither of those people have been charged with any crime at this point. Nor have they been interviewed.)

Can someone on here please tell me where in the heck it says that LE wants to interview the parents without their atty. That isnt going to happen and I cannot even fathom LE saying something like that. If DB and JI want to be questioned without their atty, they can, but LE cannot make them. I think this is a rumor that has been taken and someone ran with it. Also can someone tell me why it is thought they need to have been mirandized because they havent been placed under arrest either. I am not sure where this information is coming from and its misleading.

Frankie, that is why I was asking the question as it surprised me that LE would ask that.

The following is the first post on WS under the current thread we are on:
"The bottom line is detectives need to sit down with them unrestricted and they need to answer questions that we need answered," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bab...ry?id=14810300

I have no idea where the mirandized statement came from.

I agree. I think they might have come across some unidentified DNA on the search and that is one of the reasons why police want to re-interview the parents separately and take new DNA samples.

Just jumping off your post since you bring up the DNA. I am really not sure what the fuss over unidentified DNA is for. I cannot even begin to fathom how much foreign DNA is in my house. DNA for my kids' friends. DNA from the guy who has been doing handy work for us. DNA of the guy who just measured for carpet. DNA for all the people who come to our house just to visit. DNA on the items other people have brought into our house. Folks, our houses are chock full of other people's DNA! I would be happy if it turns up a clue in this case, but somehow I think it will only add to the confusion.

I realize that not many people on this forum empathize with them, but the community at large appears to, as shown in the candle light vigil.

And I think it's a credit to the lawyer in their community, who is keeping it real.

I live in the area and I don't empathize with them, nor does anyone that I've talked to about what's going on. And everyone is talking about Lisa. I find it astonishing that Debbie can find the time to get her hair cut and colored. Mind boggling. Too many unanswered questions. I am surprised she hasn't been arrested for child endangerment. Drinking until she blacks out. Nice going. And her comment about "adult time" is sickening.

Have any of the family given interviews to make pleas with the kidnapper to return Lisa? Have any of the family tried to call Debbie's phone? Have any of the family been spotted putting up Lisa posters? Have any of the family given you the impression that Lisa is gone?
Have any of the family given interviews to make pleas with the kidnapper to return Lisa? Yes and they got slammed for not being real enough.
Have any of the family been spotted putting up Lisa posters?Yes all over the place around here now.
Have any of the family given you the impression that Lisa is gone? She is gone, so yes.

Frankie, that is why I was asking the question as it surprised me that LE would ask that.

The following is the first post on WS under the current thread we are on:
"The bottom line is detectives need to sit down with them unrestricted and they need to answer questions that we need answered," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bab...ry?id=14810300

I have no idea where the mirandized statement came from.

But exactly what does unrestricted mean? Unrestricted could mean without attorneys. But it could also mean that LE cannot be held to restrictions like whether or not the parents can be interviewed separately. Or llimits on the questions that can be asked of the parents.

For instance one of the restrictions that an attorney might make for a represented client, would be that LE cannot ask any question that is designed or implies any chance of guilt by the parents. (not an attorney so I can't do it in legalese) In this case, that would make any interview with the parents pretty much useless at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back