Interview with the two boys has been cancelled

When I was about 9, my older sister was driving a car and hit a child. I knew SOMETHING was wrong at my house, but nobody would tell me anything. The next day at school, there was a kid telling me my sister was a murderer. I was devastated, and very mad at my parents. I can absolutely see something like that as happening to the boys. Its much better to hear things from your own parents than to hear gossip or rumours at school. Theres a good chance that even if their parents aren't telling them anything, a classmate has parents that may be discussing the case.

Thank you, that is the point I was trying to make as well. That is what I mean about them possibly being detached. They have to know something is very very wrong, yet them seem to be going on normally which is not normal at all. Whether Lisa was kidnapped, killed, whatever, these kids are too normal for the situation. They need to be spoken to to make sure they are OK.

If they truly have no idea what happened, they are taking very bad advice and doing a huge disservice to their baby. No way around that, IMO.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/kansas-city-lawyer-leaves-1211908.html

--snipped---

Tacopina then called investigators late Thursday to say the family requested that the boys' interviews be postponed until next week, said police spokesman Capt. Steve Young. Tacopina did not set up a date for the second interviews, Young said.

The second interviews with the children, like their first interviews, would be done with care and that the parents or lawyers would not be allowed in, he said.

"It will be set up just like all child interviews are," Young said. "Attorneys and parents will not be around to even watch them. That's just the way it is."

Jim Roberts, spokesman for the Clay County prosecutor's office, said his office would not compel the children to be interviewed a second time because the parents are their legal guardians, and as such the parents "are largely in the driver's seat as far as that goes."

I wonder how that will make those little boys feel ? Being taken away from all you know is traumatic and unless there's evidence of abuse, they shouldn't be made to suffer like that. I still think that fear of losing their other children is the reason they haven't been more cooperative.

All LE requested was a re-interview with trained professionals who would not traumatize the children. The parents have refused. They have only themselves to blame for their choices and if a Judge removes the boys from their care at this point, it is for the boys' own well-being. Their parents have already removed them from their home environment and that is upsetting.

JMO

I often wonder if the police eventually will just give up because they are getting no help and that is what DB and JI want to happen. LE can only go so far and then they hit a dead end. When no one is there to answer new questions that come up from new leads or new discovery, how do you continue your investigation. Now when the investigation dies down are these parents going to cry over their missing child. Is one day down the road one of these boys going to speak out about what happened and all hope will be lost because the parents didnt let them speak now. Once again I only use the possible kidnapping theory for play because nothing tells me that is what happened, but I will play along with mom and dad here for a second. Those boys may have information. One of the parents may be hiding something from the other so they dont want to talk and get caught, so they rather not speak at all. This is a travesty of justice for this baby. I am starting to think that LE is giving up as well. I have to say, I cannot blame them one bit. How far can you go on nothing... not far at all.

I often wonder if the police eventually will just give up because they are getting no help and that is what DB and JI want to happen. LE can only go so far and then they hit a dead end. When no one is there to answer new questions that come up from new leads or new discovery, how do you continue your investigation. Now when the investigation dies down are these parents going to cry over their missing child. Is one day down the road one of these boys going to speak out about what happened and all hope will be lost because the parents didnt let them speak now. Once again I only use the possible kidnapping theory for play because nothing tells me that is what happened, but I will play along with mom and dad here for a second. Those boys may have information. One of the parents may be hiding something from the other so they dont want to talk and get caught, so they rather not speak at all. This is a travesty of justice for this baby. I am starting to think that LE is giving up as well. I have to say, I cannot blame them one bit. How far can you go on nothing... not far at all.

I think that if LE comes to a clear dead end at some point and can go no further without cooperation from the parents, that is when we will see charges of negligence or whatever LE can prove. Just like other cases where the child is never found and adults are charged for some other unrelated crime...Haleigh C. and Aliayah come to mind, I am sure there are others. Depending upon what comes from the "hit" by the dogs, even if Lisa is found it may be impossible to tie anyone specifically to the crime.

Not sure if this is happening in this case...........yet
IMO JMO thats exactly what happened in the Baby Kate case out of MI

Not sure if this is happening in this case...........yet
IMO JMO thats exactly what happened in the Baby Kate case out of MI

I agree. I am hoping that in Baby Kate's case, murder charges will be coming. It is pretty clear in that case that the "father" was the last one with the baby. Lisa's case is much more convoluted, unfortunately.

I have a sinking feeling that her little body was disposed of in the river. I wish more searches were being done, I know many have been but it's a big area.

Just got home and all I can say is wtf! Minutes are going by and this baby is still missing and the parents and their legal eagles apparently don't care as so it would seem.....I know, I know next week right ? Until the next excuse :furious:

I think that if LE comes to a clear dead end at some point and can go no further without cooperation from the parents, that is when we will see charges of negligence or whatever LE can prove. Just like other cases where the child is never found and adults are charged for some other unrelated crime...Haleigh C. and Aliayah come to mind, I am sure there are others. Depending upon what comes from the "hit" by the dogs, even if Lisa is found it may be impossible to tie anyone specifically to the crime.

There are other parents to these boys and I'm betting that the wheels are already in motion as far as custody is concerned.

JMO

There are other parents to these boys and I'm betting that the wheels are already in motion as far as custody is concerned.

JMO

All I know is, if my now 4 year old daughter went missing, God forbid, I can't imagine that my mother or anyone would not want her to be found. Even if it made me look guilty. I would go to the end of the world to find her. Protecting no one who might know something. This situation speaks volumes in terms of who DB is trying to protect - and it's herself.

Really, for me anyway, my daughter is my life. I can't imagine my life without her. I would jump off a bridge to save her. To find her, if she went missing, I can't think that I would be protecting anyone that could lead to finding her.

Okay, and now I want to go hug my precious girl.

Why does DB not trust the police. That is my question.

Just got home and all I can say is wtf! Minutes are going by and this baby is still missing and the parents and their legal eagles apparently don't care as so it would seem.....I know, I know next week right ? Until the next excuse :furious:

It really bothers me that they are not being interviewed by experienced child forensic psychologists. The boys need that for their own well being. They should be talking about that night and this devastating issue for them. their baby sister is missing. It is not something that should be ignored. Talk about the elephant in the livingroom. If DB was really concerned about the welfare of her boys she would have had them seeing a psychologist to talk about that evening weeks ago. imoo

Just a thought, and I hope this isnt considered sleuthing at all, so please let me know if it is. Does anyone find it odd that the kids are going to school yet it appears that they arent talking to anyone.. Like I know my kids and they were so mouthy when they were young, if someone new moved into the neighborhood they would know all my business because my kids were the welcome wagon, but anyway, I am surprised that teacher, or a friends parent havent come forward that the kids have said anything to them. It appears that they are very quiet and with their sister missing i am just surprised they havent said they are afraid they might be taken or they heard or saw something.

I guess I am just trying to take this from how my kids were when they were that age. Nothing was sacred in my house. Once again I am not sleuthing these poor boys just wondering about them as kids in general.

I agree. I used to work in an elementary school and I knew WAY too much about some of the family secrets. lol Especially from 6, 7 and 8 yr olds. They love to talk about their lives and do not understand boundaries or TMI .

I really believe that DB is afraid of what the boys might say. Even if they were asleep during the 'kidnapping'---did they see their little sister at dinner time? Before dinner? After school that day? That is what I want to know.

If the child is alive, she could be anywhere. She could be anywhere that the kidnapper took her. ANY information as to who the kidnapper might be is important, whether that information comes from the brothers or the parents.

"Protect yourself"? Mothers and fathers rush into burning buildings, or step in front of oncoming trucks, or jump into animal enclosures to save their children. They are not thinking of protecting themselves at that point.

If the child is alive, they have nothing to fear and everything to gain by cooperating with LE, and by allowing these boys to talk. They could have seen or heard something very important; they weren't passed out dead drunk that night.

BBM Apparently most parents, not all.

I agree. I used to work in an elementary school and I knew WAY too much about some of the family secrets. lol Especially from 6, 7 and 8 yr olds. They love to talk about their lives and do not understand boundaries or TMI .

I really believe that DB is afraid of what the boys might say. Even if they were asleep during the 'kidnapping'---did they see their little sister at dinner time? Before dinner? After school that day? That is what I want to know.

Kind of like the time my ten year old told me her classmate said, "My mom smokes crack." She said he didn't seem to think this was odd.

I worry Lisa's brothers have scared thoughts that they might disappear, too. They do need someone to help them process, no matter how Lisa is missing.

Is it possible DB and JI want the boys to be interviewed but Joe won't let them? Maybe the reason they stopped talking and all is this is because of the lawyer. Maybe they don't know how to get rid of him (Joe)?

So a baby is missing. The boys, the only other (alleged) people in the home that was (allegedly) invaded, are to be interviewed 3 weeks after the baby disappears. That's BS right there.

But the parents' attorney is in ROME, ITALY and the local attorney is SACKED, so the "interview with the boys" is POSTPONED?

For the love of God, WHAT IS THE PRIORITY WITH THESE PEOPLE? SHAME ON THEM!

So a baby is missing. The boys, the only other (alleged) people in the home that was (allegedly) invaded, are to be interviewed 3 weeks after the baby disappears. That's BS right there.

But the parents' attorney is in ROME, ITALY and the local attorney is SACKED, so the "interview with the boys" is POSTPONED?

For the love of God, WHAT IS THE PRIORITY WITH THESE PEOPLE? SHAME ON THEM!

No the attorney couldn't be sacked unless the parents of Lisa fired them, I finally found a link where CS says she didn't want the boys interviewed and that she was working for the parents not JT.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/27/3233889/interviews-of-baby-lisas-young.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50
Back