10/28/11 Private Investigator Returns, Baby Lisas Family Leaves

Unfortunately, it's not that easy. AFAIK, it is legal for the media to photograph the children where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. However, just because it's legal, doesn't make it right. It was unwise for D&J, by giving outdoor interviews, to let the media in on their location. I guess we all hope for the best, as in the media would respect the privacy of the boys, but that didn't happen in this case.
I don't think they did not let the media in on their location. The media have been camped out where they are staying since the very beginning.

FYI - TES does find live people who are missing. They are not just for locating bodies.

Yes but the circumstances in which they find live people wouldn't be applicable to Lisa IMO.

Initially, I thought that was compelling evidence. Then I read and saw interviews about HRD dogs and realized it's not as clear cut as I thought. HRD dogs will hit on human blood because it will give of the scent of decomposition after it has been deposited (When it starts to give off the scent, IDK). I could be a piece in the puzzle, but it's not all LE needs. If it was, there would have been arrests, IMO.

I had been going back and forth between being on the fence and SODDI, but when the interviews with the boys where canceled, I began to believe DB and/or JI were somehow involved and fell off the fence. And then there was the call from one of the cells. Now, after reading a lot of the discussions from yesterday and today, I just don't know! Many of the fence sitters have presented good arguments that have made me take a step back. So, I guess I'm starting to climb back up the fence, but I'm not sitting on it yet.

I'm probably wrong, but I was sure that our expert SAR here said that dogs will not hit on human blood unless it has come from an already deceased person. I hope that one of them will explain.

I must have missed something. Why is everyone, all of a sudden, saying that this dramatic move was for the boys? It clearly was for Wild Bill and his flare for the dramatic.

I stated this my theory. No one really knows. However, even if it was a publicity move, if the end result is to get the boys out of the middle of a media firestorm, then I am fine with that. JMO, etc.

So, just so I don't put words into anyone's mouth, does this mean you're not looking for a live Lisa, or you are? If you are, then I would have to assume the above doesn't mean guilt of the parents to you, and that you think she is alive?

I've gotten indication that Lisa is no longer alive. We know very little of what police know. From what we do know, evidence points to DB has having a hand in it. The cadaver dog hit next to her bed.

You know what I think? My 2 cents is that whatever set of parents they were staying with is starting to ask questions that DB doesn't want answered, she is feeling pressure from within. She uses this person who came to the door as an excuse, called her attorney, went hysterical saying stuff like we cannot stay here any more. In comes BS to remove them to another place to stay.

MOO

Additionally, what is the difference between toenails that are clipped and those still attached to to the toe? Nothing! These dogs would be alerting to feet constantly! :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::seeya:

I'm probably wrong, but I was sure that our expert SAR here said that dogs will not hit on human blood unless it has come from an already deceased person. I hope that one of them will explain.

IIRC..Both Sarx and Oriah have expounded on this issue many many times in the past and IIRC you are not wrong...JMHO

Additionally, what is the difference between toenails that are clipped and those still attached to to the toe? Nothing! These dogs would be alerting to feet constantly! :floorlaugh:

Hmm...I find HRD dogs intriguing. But, yet, Foot Dog kinda grosses me out. :)

I'm new to this forum and Lisa's disappearance. Except for google searhing on the WWW. Did the parents ever search for their child?

First of all WELCOME! As far as I know, they have not outwardly participated in searches. I don't know if they participated behind the scenes. However, it is not uncommon for LE and others to discourage parents from participating from actual searches because of safety issues and emotions. My own thoughts, if I were the parent of a missing 10 mo baby...except for an initial search, I would probably step away and allow the professionals to handle it for two reasons. 1) Searches of private property could involve trespass issues, so it's best for law enforcement to handle the legalities of that. All the parents can do is stop people on the street and ask people if they have seen their baby. Lisa's parents did not do this AFAIK, however, other family members did. 2) After the first 24 hours, if you're searching the woods, public land, river banks, abandoned property, etc. for a 10 mo baby, chances are what you're looking for is not going to be good, particularly in KCMO in October. I don't know of any parent who would want to look for their baby's decomposing remains. It's just my opinion, but I'd leave that to others who are professionally supervised by LE.

All that said, I would be constantly in front of the media trying to get the word out about my missing child and expressing my appreciation to those who are looking for her, but that's me and I cannot speak for another parent's action or what seems to be inaction.

I think that is pathetic that the media made the decision to actually publish a photo of the kids for us to even be having this conversation.

ITA Middle.

IMO, some of the media *coverage* of this case is not helpful at all, but is only contributing to the circus-like atmosphere.

How is filming the parents bringing the boys home from school relevant in any way to Baby Lisa's disappearance? I don't find it relevant at all, although I have no doubt the media outlet that filmed it considers it relevant to their ratings, which I couldn't care less about.

Despite my personal opinion about DB's and JI's lack of cooperation with LE, and despite my personal opinion about what may or may not have occurred Oct. 3/4, I must say - the media circus has gotten way out of hand.

Filming the boys returning from school is not respectable journalism - it's tabloid journalism, and it serves no purpose except to drive ratings.

Baby Lisa is not an object, nor are her brothers, to be used to advance careers & to boost ratings. If I was a producer of a news outlet, I would be ashamed of myself to have allowed the filming & broadcasting of that footage of the boys.

I don't think that this school's administration will let this happen if possible. The kids have been going to school already and the media hasn't got pics of them yet while there (at least that they have published).

Can the school prevent the media from photographing from a public right of way? That's what I meant about them showing up across the street from the school on Monday morning. Before last night they were able to photograph from outside the home where the family was staying. Now the media may feel forced to go to public places where they expect the family to show up. I agree with you, that it's disgusting that we're even discussing this, and that these boys can't go about their normal routine without being photographed.

ITA Middle.

IMO, some of the media *coverage* of this case is not helpful at all, but is only contributing to the circus-like atmosphere.

How is filming the parents bringing the boys home from school relevant in any way to Baby Lisa's disappearance? I don't find it relevant at all, although I have no doubt the media outlet that filmed it considers it relevant to their ratings, which I couldn't care less about.

Despite my personal opinion about DB's and JI's lack of cooperation with LE, and despite my personal opinion about what may or may not have occurred Oct. 3/4, I must say - the media circus has gotten way out of hand.

Filming the boys returning from school is not respectable journalism - it's tabloid journalism, and it serves no purpose except to drive ratings.

Baby Lisa is not an object, nor are her brothers, to be used to advance careers & to boost ratings. If I was a producer of a news outlet, I would be ashamed of myself to have allowed the filming & broadcasting of that footage of the boys.

not respectable correct but how do we know that the parents didn't give permission after all they did submit many video's and photo's of the family before.

I just went to the Q&A thread on HRD dogs, and my understanding from what I read is that it depends on how the dog was trained? One of the experts said she knows that some dogs have been trained using bandaids which is old school. That, however, is not the way they should be trained. Someone else in the thread asked a question about the HRD dog handler in the Casey Anthony case (Det. Forgey?) saying that his dog could possibly hit on blood. So I think it comes down to how the dog was trained and we don't know how the dog and/or dogs were trained in this case.

Edited to be more accurate. And the above is paraphrasing and my understanding.

Deborah was (supposedly) intoxicated and unconscious when Lisa was "disappeared". There is no guarantee that she will be be a less neglectful babysitter while caring for her other child and Jeremy's child.

HELLO, CPS CASEWORKERS? DO YOUR JOB! INVESTIGATE THIS COUPLE! REMOVE THESE BOYS UNTIL AN INVESTIGATION PROVES THEIR HOME IS SAFE. PRIVATELY INTERVIEW THE BOYS!
DRUG SCREEN THE PARENTS! FORCE DEBORAH TO COMPLETE A PSYCHIATRIC ASSESSMENT!

Can the school prevent the media from photographing from a public right of way? That's what I meant about them showing up across the street from the school on Monday morning. Before last night they were able to photograph from outside the home where the family was staying. Now the media may feel forced to go to public places where they expect the family to show up. I agree with you, that it's disgusting that we're even discussing this, and that these boys can't go about their normal routine without being photographed.
Yes they can. This school is set up to where the dropoff area is quite insular. It is pretty obvious that somebody is out taking pics of the drop off/pick up zone is.

IIRC..Both Sarx and Oriah have expounded on this issue many many times in the past and IIRC you are not wrong...JMHO

Go look at the dog Q&A thread- look for my name there. We had a discussion on the subject. Maybe pg 3/4? Oriah even confirmed that there is a spot at his house, from his blood, that one of his dogs hit on. and I'm at least halfway certain Oriah is alive. heh.

Go look at the dog Q&A thread- look for my name there. We had a discussion on the subject. Maybe pg 3/4?

Do you know how to put a link from a reply into a message? I want to link something I think Sarx said, but I can't figure out how.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back