Conrad Murray Trial - Day Twenty Two

LOL, Dr. Shafer can be dismissive of Flanagan and still come across as a nice guy. :)

Dr. Shafer is so cute! He reads the material with expression like he is reading to a group of children in the library. I love when he smiles and does that little shoulder shrug.

Yikes, our hospice made me destroy all the drugs that were left over. Even the aroma therapy lotions.

I was really confused but they left Morphine with me and my sister when my mother was ill. We just looked at each other because yes she needed it but the Hospice people didn't know us except for the time that day that they spent with us.
I know that several other times that I was around when hospice was called in the same thing happend. It was the kind that was given orally.

Dr. Shafer: "I don't follow your math.":floorlaugh:

Flanagan just tries, bless his heart, give the impression he so cleverly understands all these medical research papers he puts up and I really don't get the impression that he understands one word of what he is reading. I think that's why half the time the witnesses don't have a clue what he is asking when he finally gets to his question after his confused narrative of what he read.

I don't know if they are suppose to but Hospice leaves medication for the family after they leave. They leave pain medication like Morphine. This has happened every time I have every been involved with Hospice. I think they all do it but don't disclose it because they shouldn't . This is what happends in the real world, I guess.

That's true, EPfan.

Family members and patients can do whatever they want with the meds that were
dispensed to them by a pharmacist (except sell or give to someone else).

And anyone can legally give medications to a patient outside an accredited, licensed place
of business... or with an nurses agency.

In that case, only the pharmacist has to account for the meds.

I'm referring to scenarios where/when the caretaker is a licensed doctor, nurse, and pharmacist.

I was really confused but they left Morphine with me and my sister when my mother was ill. We just looked at each other because yes she needed it but the Hospice people didn't know us except for the time that day that they spent with us.
I know that several other times that I was around when hospice was called in the same thing happend. It was the kind that was given orally.

Maybe I misunderstood you. Yes I and family were left with morphine to give when needed. The nurse would come at the drop of a hat if I had questions, and was always available by phone if needed. But after DH died they did an accounting of all the meds provided and watched me distroy them.

Doorbell rang... Cable man here to fix TV.

I missed what happened.
GRRRR - Are we on another break? Lunch?

Judge P. is talking to the lawyers. Wonder if rebbutal is over????

Well, Dr. Shafer just totally debunked Dr. White's entire testimony. IMO

Absolutely and love when he told Flanagan, respectfully, that he interpreted his report incorrectly. Then when pointing out something else in the article Flanagan referred to and said there was more re: giving other meds and Flanagan admitted he wouldn't understand it after reading it anyway. Loved it.

Dr. Shafer totally debunked what White said and was it very clear as well.

Walgren did a good job on that rebuttal - keeping short, sweet and on point.

I cannot wait until we hear/read the jury instructions. I know Chernoff was none too happy with them.

Going over a stipulation/s. Jury is on a break again. Sheesh can't they do these before or after the court so the jury isn't sitting around staring at each other.

Going over a stipulation/s. Jury is on a break again. Sheesh can't they do these before or after the court so the jury isn't sitting around staring at each other.

I don't think the jury left for that. They just heard the stipulation. Looks like we are about to rest.

I've got a lawyer question. I am watching the attorneys sitting at their respective tables talking strategy. Is it easy to hear what the other side is saying or do they have to whisper?

Closing arguments are Thursday. I expect we will have a verdict by close of business on Friday.

Court in recess until Thursday -- distribution of exhibits, closing arguments and jury instructions

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600
Back