Capitol Forest Search 11/05/11

There was an earlier article this past week that there would be a search. Oakville the staging area.

I don't have the link, but I saved the article in Lindsey's case album.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Lindsey%20Baum%20%20-WA-/

Particularly interesting is that the search organizer said they are closer.
If the article is correct in the quote:
"refused to provide further detail of the search but said “significant progress” was made and that the disappearance is getting closer to being solved
"

I hope so. It has been so long.

However, I am a cynic and put very little trust in what reporters write. Most of them do no homework or checking.

I didn't participate in this search, don't know anyone who did. I do have some strong opinions on it though. :)

This search group is not LE. And at least from the news article they don't seem to be even working with LE, which concerns me. Since they are making some major claims.

Anybody can suddenly appear, invent a group, start sending out press releases, do searches, and get a lot of attention. In my opinion, some of those folks may not have the best intentions, and their activities could just cause more hassle for LE.

The organizer says they got anon emails. Shouldn't those emails be sent directly to LE? Isn't it important to not then go out and disturb possible evidence? And why on earth would a group of citizens claim that -they- are close to solving the case?

I wish the reporter had done some investigation, maybe done an article only on this particular group of people, not just add what they say to an article of actual Lindsey Baum info.

UGH.. I was really hoping the media wouldn't grab onto this crap.

The "founder" of Search and Seek is the poster "FleeceCreations". She works closely with people like Double Decker, Sonja Grace and Harry Oakes.

That's all I'm saying about that... I'll let you guys form your own opinions. :)

There was an earlier article this past week that there would be a search. Oakville the staging area.

I don't have the link, but I saved the article in Lindsey's case album.
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Lindsey%20Baum%20%20-WA-/

Particularly interesting is that the search organizer said they are closer.
If the article is correct in the quote:
"refused to provide further detail of the search but said “significant progress” was made and that the disappearance is getting closer to being solved
"

I hope so. It has been so long.

However, I am a cynic and put very little trust in what reporters write. Most of them do no homework or checking.

She is no closer to solving this case than I am. She's someone who wants to appear to be a super hero when in reality, she's a joke. (MOO)

I've kept my mouth shut long enough about her. She goes in and tries to "save the day" in missing person cases--saying she's *this close* to solving it and then when people get upset because she "refuses to divulge more information" she moves onto the next unsuspecting family.

She's the "real worlds" Double Decker. Full of talk but no real results.

Thank You Sarah and Jenn. Couldn't agree more! I wonder if LE/FBI will chime in. Here's to hoping they will.

Thank You Sarah and Jenn. Couldn't agree more! I wonder if LE/FBI will chime in. Here's to hoping they will.

If LE doesn't chime in then they are allowing her to make them look like idiots.

She goes searching on a "hunch" about a guy who most likely has NOTHING to do with Lindsey and says she's *this close* to solving the case. Yet LE has worked 2.5 years and they haven't solved it?

:twocents:

If LE doesn't chime in then they are allowing her to make them look like idiots.

She goes searching on a "hunch" about a guy who most likely has NOTHING to do with Lindsey and says she's *this close* to solving the case. Yet LE has worked 2.5 years and they haven't solved it?

:twocents:

It's pathetic really. Maybe they agree and won't even address it because it's nonsense :crazy:

UGH.. I was really hoping the media wouldn't grab onto this crap.

The "founder" of Search and Seek is the poster "FleeceCreations". She works closely with people like Double Decker, Sonja Grace and Harry Oakes.

That's all I'm saying about that... I'll let you guys form your own opinions. :)

"Harry Oakes" was all you had to say, IMO. These people do nothing but cause trouble to bring attention to themselves. There are others as well.

Walla Walla County Sheriff John A. Turner is advising the public to use caution when making charitable contributions after an organization called Search and Rescue Charities contacted some Walla Walla County citizens claiming to support local Search and Rescue teams.

Walla Walla sheriff emphasizes caution, urges to use local nonprofits

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/11/07/1895909/walla-walla-sheriff-emphasizes.html#ixzz1d3P9yeoC

Good info in this article about how to not get scammed.

Concerning Jennifer Mau, organizer of Oakville area search:

Although Guardians of the Children volunteers are not search-and-rescue certified, Mau said the grassroots search parties they organize are effective. The organization has found 14 missing children in the past year, she said, and left only two cases unresolved. Her claim could not be immediately verified.

source http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/04/family_and_friends_conduct_the.html

Google search on her name also pulls up a news article about past insurance claim fraud charges, Washington state court records http://dw.courts.wa.gov/ search shows results

She is no closer to solving this case than I am.

JenniferO,

Have you heard of anything from LE on the status of their investigation and/or searches? Has anything changed in McCleary since Lindsey went missing?

JenniferO,

Have you heard of anything from LE on the status of their investigation and/or searches? Has anything changed in McCleary since Lindsey went missing?

Everything I've heard has been from the media. LE doesn't share much information.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/11/07/1895909/walla-walla-sheriff-emphasizes.html#ixzz1d3P9yeoC

Good info in this article about how to not get scammed.

Concerning Jennifer Mau, organizer of Oakville area search:

source http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/04/family_and_friends_conduct_the.html

Google search on her name also pulls up a news article about past insurance claim fraud charges, Washington state court records http://dw.courts.wa.gov/ search shows results

Guardians and Jennifer Mau were part of the search last year.

What has changed since then?

Guardians and Jennifer Mau were part of the search last year.

What has changed since then?

Not exactly sure how to explain it. Just say there was a conflict of interest and all parties involved decided it was best if she no longer remain a part of Lindseys Core team.

Not exactly sure how to explain it. Just say there was a conflict of interest and all parties involved decided it was best if she no longer remain a part of Lindseys Core team.

Ya, I'm a little confused. Were searchers names and numbers given to them in the parting of ways? Because there have been calls to some asking to help with this new search, as if it is the same core group of people that were searching last year. That was my understanding anyway. Maybe I misunderstood.

I want nothing to do with anything that Harry Oakes is a part of. I think that some people like to exploit hurting, vulnerable people... just to make a name for themselves. It seems to me with everything that I have seen with him.. he may be one of those individuals. At the very least.. he has hindered investigations and focused attention off of missing children and on to himself... which really upsets me.:furious:

Official statement from the Lindsey Baum Search Center core team:

Regarding the most recent "search" for Lindsey. This effort was done by a group, separate from Law enforcement and Lindsey's group, but we want to assure you that there was nothing found, regardless of what you may have read. This search was really an awareness effort (flyer handout) organized by an unassociated volunteer group that was directed at a new area and location. If ever there is any true progress made in Lindsey's case we will be the first to keep you up to date with that information on the official Find Lindsey Baum Facebook page or Lindsey's website

To our knowledge, the most recent Law Enforcement search that took place in McCleary has still not been wrapped up as far as testing of any items removed. To suggest that progress has been made anywhere outside of Law Enforcements efforts at this point is simply misleading information. We are just as excited as the next to see Lindsey's information go public, we do not however want it to happen if it must be done under misleading circumstances.

About 30 volunteers spent eight hours Saturday in Capitol State Forest and surrounding areas after receiving several anonymous emails that warranted investigation, said Jennifer Mau, organizer for the Search and Seek Association.

Mau refused to provide further detail of the search but said “significant progress” was made and that the disappearance is getting closer to being solved. No other searches are currently scheduled.
How sad is it that this group is trying to capitalize on a missing child to gain publicity and enhance their statistics? Not to mention mislead the public to think "they" will solve the mystery of Lindsey's disappearance.

Takes some pretty big cahones to make the statements I bolded. IMO, it almost sounds like they are interfering with a criminal investigation. If they truly received an email tip that warranted investigating, it should have went to LE.

Thirty people tromping around a potential crime scene and contaminating evidence, doesn't sound like a good idea to me and I bet LE would agree.
icon13.gif

Ya, I'm a little confused. Were searchers names and numbers given to them in the parting of ways? Because there have been calls to some asking to help with this new search, as if it is the same core group of people that were searching last year. That was my understanding anyway. Maybe I misunderstood.

I want nothing to do with anything that Harry Oakes is a part of. I think that some people like to exploit hurting, vulnerable people... just to make a name for themselves. It seems to me with everything that I have seen with him.. he may be one of those individuals. At the very least.. he has hindered investigations and focused attention off of missing children and on to himself... which really upsets me.:furious:

She should not have anyones names and numbers who participated in past searches with Lindseys original core team. That information was supposed to be confidential. Now whether she took it upon herself to take those names and numbers I don't know. She did have access to them but as far as I know.. the original sheets with peoples names, numbers, addresses and email addresses were destroyed after we closed the search center. I have a file of most of the past searchers email addresses but she never had access to it.

If Lindseys team decides to have searches.. I would personally send out an email from my findlindseybaum.com email address. Phone calls are never made. The only reason we even had your phone numbers in the first place were so we could reach you during a search if the need arose.

I hope that helps clear up some of this craziness. I apologize if you were contacted and someone misrepresented themselves. Lindseys Core team would never do that.

Also: Just so it's clear. Harry Oakes was not involved in this search. But Jennifer Mau has been known to work with him in the past. I don't know anything about him.. only what I've been told.

And another also: Everything stated above in this thread and on the Websleuths forum is strictly my opinion. No slander is intended.

Local folks might want to pick up the Nov 1th Vidette, on page A 7 is an article titled "Lindsey Baum search unofficial". The Vidette does have a web site but they don't have all their articles posted, so far I don't see this one available online.

Does have a statement from Undersheriff Rick Scott - theme basically being that the Oakville area search was unofficial and for tips to be turned in to the lead agency Grays Harbor County Sheriff toll free (866) 915-8299.

Local folks might want to pick up the Nov 1th Vidette, on page A 7 is an article titled "Lindsey Baum search unofficial". The Vidette does have a web site but they don't have all their articles posted, so far I don't see this one available online.

Does have a statement from Undersheriff Rick Scott - theme basically being that the Oakville area search was unofficial and for tips to be turned in to the lead agency Grays Harbor County Sheriff toll free (866) 915-8299.

Correction - The Vidette issue is for Nov 10, 2011

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back