GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Verdict Watch

I sure hope the estate lawyers dig into this documentary and if anything relating to MJ's medical issues are mentioned perhaps it can be prevented from being aired or edited:

Q: Who may access a deceased person’s medical records?

A: The patient’s designated personal representative or the legal executor of his or her estate has a right under law to access the records. These are the only people who by law have a right to view or copy the records.

If the patient died without naming a personal representative or executor, state law determines who by default possesses the right. States often establish a hierarchy of persons based on their relationship to the deceased person. Typically this begins with an adult member of the immediate family, such as a spouse, child, or sibling.

http://journal.ahima.org/2011/03/23/accessing-deceased-patient-health-records-faq/

But remember he told police he couldn't get MJ on the floor by himself to perform CPR correctly. :furious:

MJ weighed around 135! GRRRR

IMO he never had to perform CPR because MJ was already dead. Everything he did or said was self-serving. I even believe the call made to his girlfriend out of the blue (per her testimony) was staged to make it appear he had only just discovered that MJ had stopped breathing. I believe CM was talking to himself and faked a cough too knowing it would be unidentifiable by her and that is why he left the line open. All was done for show and an alibi IMO

But remember he told police he couldn't get MJ on the floor by himself to perform CPR correctly. :furious:

MJ weighed around 135! GRRRR

Even a skinny 5 ft. tall nurse can get a patient on the floor properly. When it's life or death, you do what you got to do!

I sure hope the estate lawyers dig into this documentary and if anything relating to MJ's medical issues are mentioned perhaps it can be prevented from being aired or edited:

Q: Who may access a deceased person’s medical records?

A: The patient’s designated personal representative or the legal executor of his or her estate has a right under law to access the records. These are the only people who by law have a right to view or copy the records.

If the patient died without naming a personal representative or executor, state law determines who by default possesses the right. States often establish a hierarchy of persons based on their relationship to the deceased person. Typically this begins with an adult member of the immediate family, such as a spouse, child, or sibling.

http://journal.ahima.org/2011/03/23/accessing-deceased-patient-health-records-faq/

I surely hope this documentary Conrad plans to benefit from does not use unauthorized photos/audio of Michael Jackson. That would definitely be a violation of confidentiality and punishable by federal laws.

What channel/show is/was the Dr White interview on?

TIA

FYI & BTW & OT: A few minutes ago, I was told an article and photos of my son
Christopher's wedding is featured in the magazine "Style Me Pretty ~ New York". :)

I posted a link to the wedding video several pages back.
Oh, and I was NOT mentioned in the article! :(

What channel/show is/was the Dr White interview on?

TIA

FYI & BTW & OT: A few minutes ago, I was told an article and photos of my son
Christopher's wedding is featured in the magazine "Style Me Pretty ~ New York". :)

I posted a link to the wedding video several pages back.
Oh, and I was NOT mentioned in the article! :(

The interview was with Vinnie on In Sessions, IIRC.

Peace you are a star here. :rocker:

The interview was with Vinnie on In Sessions, IIRC.

Peace you are a star here. :rocker:

Thank you, Dah-link :dramaqueen:

This entire group (of rockstars) has been extra special to me. :)
Is it too obvious I'm not ready for us to part & go on with other things?

I have a feeling that one of the mods may make us start a new thread pretty soon.

We should think of a new name since we're no longer on a "Verdict Watch".

Since there haven't been too many posters for the CFCM Trial,
it could be something general or simple like ... "Conrad Murray - After The Trial" ....
or anything else you think of. :)

I have a feeling that one of the mods may make us start a new thread pretty soon.

We should think of a new name since we're no longer on a "Verdict Watch".

Since there haven't been too many posters for the CFCM Trial,
it could be something general or simple like ... "Conrad Murray - After The Trial" ....
or anything else you think of. :)

That if a fine title.

I am sure we will have more interviews with the players at least for a few more days.

I am just so happy with this verdict.

BTW, did we ever have a mod on this case? Usually I see their name/s bolded below.

I had to go and stay with 4 small people last night because their mommy had surgery so I missed lots of discussion.

I am so glad the verdict was guilty and that Murray got hauled off to jail to await sentencing. It was what I was hoping for but I figured it was too much to wish for.

I also would like to thank everyone for riding the big red justice bus with me during this trial. It was very enjoyable, unlike the last trial I followed.

YAHOO. Guilty...guilty...yeah!!!!!

I only caught a few questions of Vinnie P's Interview with Dr White:

Vinnie: You keep calling him Shafer...

Dr White: Dr Shafer, excuse me.

Vinnie: You been through some hard times together, some good times together, very close at school, worked together, blah blah blah...
are you still friends?

Dr White: I dont know that we're not friends. You'd have to ask Dr Shafer. I guess. We're both professionals and we're on opposite sides...

I've always thought CM didnt use proper care when he decided to treat MJ at home and give him propofol, but I dont think
that was what killed MJ.Yes, Dr Shafer and I ... We have a difference of opinion, a different point of view about things.

The DA made some very <nasty> remarks about <me? defense witnesses?> But I certainly think there is enough evidence
for more investigation to be done for the cause of death.

(Me: Not a straight answer at all. Still don't know if they're friends)

Vinnie: Are you saying there wasnt enough investigation? That there were too many unknowns?

Dr White: Yes. Too many unknowns.

Vinnie: What did CM tell you he did that night? What did he tell you about what happened to MJ?

Dr White: I got on a plane & flew out to <CA, Vegas?> . I grilled CM extensively. I talked to him at length about blah blah blah.

I was also doing a lot of investigating about CM while I spent a lot of time with him... He said said yes he used propo for sleep,
but he stopped using it a few days before MJ died.

(Me: Not a straight answer at all. I still do not know what CM told Dr White what happened to MJ; what CM did in the room.)

Vinnie: What was up with the vial of propofol and the split bag?

Dr White: The vial and the bag with the slit... it was used to dilute the propofol with the bag of saline to get a diluted concentration.

(Me: GMAFB)

Dr White: The bag was slit because he gathered the vials and put them into the bag... to tidy up the place.

Me: <<<Rolls eyes>>>

Dr White: Why would he use the slit bag as a hanger when there's a small plastic hanger device right on the vial?
He poured the propofol into the bag to dilute it.

Vinnie: I was very impressed... with every doctor who testified... impressed with all the work that was done.

Dr White: Thank you

(Me: <<<GAG>>> Not a straight believable answer at all. I still do not know what CM's excuse was to Dr White for the slit bag.)

Vinnie: Would you be comfortable with Dr Murray practicing again?

Dr White: This was a very unusual situation. It was CM with a very good friend... that was a breach.
CM was blinded by their deep close friendship.

(Me: Exactly! It's the reason it's not good practice to treat close friends & family members)

Dr White: Dr Murray was never paid for what he did for MJ. CM bought all the equipment with his own money,
he bought the oxygen tanks, IV pole, the medicine all of it himself. He was very blinded because of the deep love for MJ.

It is such a tragedy. A tragedy for MJ and for MJ's family. But it is also a tragedy for Dr Murray.

I was a big fan of MJ's also. I really liked his... uhmmmm... ahhhh.... errr the thriller video.

(Me: Not a straight answer. I still don't know if he thinks CM should ever practice again.
I guess Vinnie didn't either, cuz he asked the question again.)

Vinnie: Yes I realize all that, but you didn''t answer, should CM ever practice.....

Dr White: Oh yes... Practice again. Umm err ahhh.... blah blah - way off topic ....blah blah ...
we as doctors all certainly strive for the best possible care, we all know that all doctors go against the
standard practice of care when treating family members in a hospice situation. Blah blah blah

(Me: I still dont know if he thinks yes or no - if CM should ever practice again.)

Great interview!

(Me: <<< rolls eyes>>>

Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter conviction, handed down by a Los Angeles jury Monday, carries an automatic suspension of his medical license.

"Most every state in the country will recognize that (suspension)," said FOX5 legal analyst Bob Massi.

Murray practiced cardiology at several offices nationwide, including Las Vegas. His medical license in Nevada expired on June 30, 2011 and was not renewed.

Ed Cousineau, deputy executive director of the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners, told FOX5 that Murray can re-apply for his medical license; however, a felony conviction related to the practice of medicine is grounds for denial by the board.

Prior to the expiration of his Nevada license, Murray was ordered on restricted practice by the Board.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/15982561/dr-murray-unlikely-to-practice-medicine-in-nevada

Before Conrad Murray was convicted, his medical license in the State of California was suspended as a condition of bail.

Now that he has been convicted, The Medical Board of California announced they will open an investigation to determine whether or not to fully revoke Murray's right to practice medicine in the state, spokeswoman Jennifer Simoes said.

The main criteria in deciding whether to revoke, suspend or take other action against any doctor is assessing how substantial a crime is related to the practice of medicine.

There is no timeline as to when the board might act regarding Murray, said Simoes.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/08/justice/california-conrad-murray-verdict/

Thanks Peace! I liked your comments better than White's non responses.

IMO cm was blinded by fame and $$$$ not friendship.

And SO DO I!!! Very well said!!

And, I do also! Great post--said exactly what I was thinking. The only thing I would add is that back in 2009 after Michael's death, both the DEA and the AG of CA thoroughly investigated all the doctors involved with MJ, and found nothing---no charges were brought against anyone.

Thanks Peace! I liked your comments better than White's non responses.

IMO cm was blinded by fame and $$$$ not friendship.

I agree that it was fame & money that always blinded Conrad Murray....
much more than love, friendship, compassion.... when it came to his friends, his family and his patients.

Since we're no longer on a verdict watch...

I started a new thread to discuss more of the CM Case.

Continue talking about your feelings and opinions re the trial, the witnesses, the verdict, after-trial interviews, Talking Heads, CFCM, CM's sentencing date, Michael Jackson...

And anything pertaining to David Walgren that you want to share with the rest of us!! (AKA Gossip)

LINK To New Conrad Murray Thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154123"]GUILTY Conrad Murray Case - After The Trial & Verdict - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Well, how's that for Karma!

You weren't able to sleep, Credence, because (IMO), it meant
that you were to get up and write that post just for my benefit!

I had closed up after "This Is It" was over and went to bed.
But I just kept thinking about the editing of the film, as outofstatelawyer
had described it... and that maybe there was a lot of footage not
included in the film, because of how MJ looked or behaved.

I couldn't get it off my mind and kept imagining MJ being in poor health, physically & mentally.
So I had to get up to shake off all that was racing in my mind. ("Move a muscle, change a thought!").

I came back here to see if anyone else was here and saw your post! It was a great read!!
I'm so relieved I did and I'm so grateful that you told (me) all about the attys going through
boxes of film and that they couldn't find anything that showed MJ was suffering in any way.

So now after reading it, I feel much better about MJ during the rehearsals and I know I'll be able to fall asleep now!!

Anyway, thank you for that, Credence!! You'll probably be able to get some sleep now, too... knowing and that you sure helped me!!!

Ohhhh, Woe is Me and I and Myself -

Just read your post, peace, and Credence's above that....

What WILL I do without both of you giving me your little daily boosts to my morale and to my hope for all of us and the world??? And then comes oceanblueeyes with her dose of good sense and fair play, and trying to set our globe of folks straight (in the right way, that is -- nothing having to do whom one sleeps); and bash with her off-the-wall and absolutely good sense and yes, tenderness; and outofstatelawyer with her valuable legal terms and explanations and peeks into the lawbooks; and Talina with her equally good sense of balance and good humor; and bluesky and octobermoom and Isabelle and TxLady and SATA and breathe and Melanie and the Inspector and legalmania and DavisEyes and SAlady and RR0004 and momtective and and and and and....

I am sad about it.

But I am happier than I am sad to have been on this forum with all of you!

I just think that maybe, just a little, we helped the "good guys" in California with this emotional and so awfully sad case. Prayer works. Good thoughts work. Positve thinking works. And honesty above all helps us rise above the lies and the "forgot abouts" and the "it doesn't matters."

I must say, I think we :grouphug: did a good job.
icon10.gif
icon12.gif
:eek::laugh::peace::lol::eek:hwow::furious::loveyou::hot::coffeews::dunno::websleuther::pullhair::yesss::yuck::shocked2:
icon11.gif
icon6.gif
:maddening::floorlaugh:

Ohhhh, Woe is Me and I and Myself -

Just read your post, peace, and Credence's above that....

What WILL I do without both of you giving me your little daily boosts to my morale and to my hope for all of us and the world??? And then comes oceanblueeyes with her dose of good sense and fair play, and trying to set our globe of folks straight (in the right way, that is -- nothing having to do whom one sleeps); and bash with her off-the-wall and absolutely good sense and yes, tenderness; and outofstatelawyer with her valuable legal terms and explanations and peeks into the lawbooks; and Talina with her equally good sense of balance and good humor; and bluesky and octobermoom and Isabelle and TxLady and SATA and breathe and Melanie and the Inspector and legalmania and DavisEyes and SAlady and RR0004 and momtective and and and and and....

I am sad about it.

But I am happier than I am sad to have been on this forum with all of you!

I just think that maybe, just a little, we helped the "good guys" in California with this emotional and so awfully sad case. Prayer works. Good thoughts work. Positve thinking works. And honesty above all helps us rise above the lies and the "forgot abouts" and the "it doesn't matters."

I must say, I think we :grouphug: did a good job.
icon10.gif
icon12.gif
:eek::laugh::peace::lol::eek:hwow::furious::loveyou::hot::coffeews::dunno::websleuther::pullhair::yesss::yuck::shocked2:
icon11.gif
icon6.gif
:maddening::floorlaugh:

You are so cool!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members