Cases from 1970-1979

lesiamichellejackson.jpg

Case # 79-16610
Murder of Lesia Michelle Jackson
September 7, 1979 – Lake Wildwood Subdivision, Conroe, Texas
SYNOPSIS: Lesia Jackson was 12 years of age and resided with her
parents inside the Lake Wildwood Subdivision off FM 1485 in Conroe.
She had attended Washington Jr. High. Lesia Jackson had been
swimming in the subdivision lake with friends and relatives about her
same age. Lesia Jackson was last seen walking alone on Creek Bend
Street in the direction of her residence. Her relatives arrived at Jackson’s
home a short time later and her parents inquired about her absence. A
search of the neighborhood began and lasted through the evening. The
following day, Lesia’s eyeglasses were found at the intersection of
Creekwood and Deep Forest within the subdivision. On September 13,
1979, an oilfield worker found Lesia Jackson’s remains in a heavily
wooded area along a pipeline off Exxon Road in Conroe. This scene was
approx. 5 miles from Lake Wildwood. An autopsy determined that Lesia Jackson had been sexually assaulted and murdered.

Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Unsolved Cold Cases

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl/2005_3901421/pasadena-applies-for-txdot-grants.html

This is all of the information I can find on this case. Does anyone else have more to add?
Angela Desiree Kelly

police_kelly.jpg

March 28, 1979 Where: 7800 Red Bluff Rd.
Pasadena, Harris County, Texas. Status: Unsolved
http://www.ci.pasadena.tx.us/default.aspx?name=pol.cc_kelly

Pasadena Police Cold Cases

Just a thought.
Keep an eye out for other redheads missing or remains found.
There are not that many. And any we find and compare with.
May lead to a pattern.

Maria-Johnson.jpg

Maria Johnson - Age 15, Caucasian, brunette. Ball High student disappeared from Galveston Mall on November 11, 1971 and found dead two days later, 10 miles north of where they disappeared, close to I-45 and Highway 3. Their bodies were in Turner's Bayou in Texas City where fishermen saw them floating, both girls were shot twice before being dumped in the water. Their hands and feet were bound and only partially clothed.

Edward Harold Bell was a suspect but never charged because of circumstantial evidence. He later wrote a letter admitting the murders of Ackerman and Johnson, but wasn’t charged. He is in prison on unrelated charges.

BELL'S SUPPOSED VICTIM; STILL UNSOLVED.

Added by Bessie:

A witness saw Maria Johnson and Debbie Ackerman getting into a green pick-up truck on Seawall Blvd, Monday, November 15, 1971. Around noon on the same day, a 19 year-old woman also accepted a ride from a man in a green pick-up truck. When he threatened to rape her, she jumped from the moving vehicle and was later treated for her injuries at a local hospital where she reported the incident to police.

ACKERMAN-JOHNSON
Ed Bell Claims Responsibility

So far this is the first one that I read involved a 38 and not a 22 as in so man y of the cases where the victim/s were shot.
I am not a ballistic expert by any means.
But I wonder if any fragments removed during autopsy from a 22 they would be able to compare and see if possible they are related to each other in some way.

So far this is the first one that I read involved a 38 and not a 22 as in so man y of the cases where the victim/s were shot.
I am not a ballistic expert by any means.
But I wonder if any fragments removed during autopsy from a 22 they would be able to compare and see if possible they are related to each other in some way.

That is the same thing I've noticed. You would think they had compared the bullets and could tell if they are related. Even in the other areas most/if not all of the bullets I've seen reported were 22 caliber. It would be good if they have done comparisons but if they have LE hasn't released that information to the public.

On the other hand, I don't know of any cases with confessions or convictions where LE had any ballistic information at trial or even a gun as evidence.

The few convictions they had seemed to be more circumstantial than evidentiary. imo

I know a lot of evidence seemed to disappear over the years, some very early on in the investigations. Strange................

Other evidence is reported to have been lost during hurricanes. Bullets don't don't fall apart in water so what happened?

I think there were so many murders during that time that LE either got careless, was overwhelmed, understaffed, and inexperienced. jmo

It is so sad because these victims' families deserve justice and the UID's deserve to be buried and give their families that peace of mind. moo

I hope LE reinvestigates these cases regardless of whether the perp is still living and I believe some of them are. Either way, with dna and more modern pratices I think at least some of these cases can be solved. moo

Thanks for working on these!

That is the same thing I've noticed. You would think they had compared the bullets and could tell if they are related. Even in the other areas most/if not all of the bullets I've seen reported were 22 caliber. It would be good if they have done comparisons but if they have LE hasn't released that information to the public.

On the other hand, I don't know of any cases with confessions or convictions where LE had any ballistic information at trial or even a gun as evidence.

The few convictions they had seemed to be more circumstantial than evidentiary. imo

I know a lot of evidence seemed to disappear over the years, some very early on in the investigations. Strange................

Other evidence is reported to have been lost during hurricanes. Bullets don't don't fall apart in water so what happened?

I think there were so many murders during that time that LE either got careless, was overwhelmed, understaffed, and inexperienced. jmo

It is so sad because these victims' families deserve justice and the UID's deserve to be buried and give their families that peace of mind. moo

I hope LE reinvestigates these cases regardless of whether the perp is still living and I believe some of them are. Either way, with dna and more modern pratices I think at least some of these cases can be solved. moo

Thanks for working on these!
quote...
On the other hand, I don't know of any cases with confessions or convictions where LE had any ballistic information at trial or even a gun as evidence...end of quote.

Excellent observation. I have not read about anyone either being suspected or confessed that involved the 22.
Most I read was strangulation, blunt objects etc.

That 22 I am sure is the same one used in several of these killings.
Probably a six shot 22 revolver. Small but effected in close range.

quote...
On the other hand, I don't know of any cases with confessions or convictions where LE had any ballistic information at trial or even a gun as evidence...end of quote.

Excellent observation. I have not read about anyone either being suspected or confessed that involved the 22.
Most I read was strangulation, blunt objects etc.

That 22 I am sure is the same one used in several of these killings.
Probably a six shot 22 revolver. Small but effected in close range.

I've wondered when they say blunt force trauma or hit with a blunt object does it basically mean the same thing? For instance, if a person was hit in the head or beaten repeatedly in other areas of the body until death occurs is that blunt force trauma in both cases? The reason I ask is that recently I read an article stating there was no apparent injury to the head and the person died of blunt force trauma. I always assumed that meant a blow to the head.

Any thoughts on that?

Originally posted by Ikoihil
Debbie_Ackerman.jpg

Debbie Ackerman - Age 15, Caucasian, brunette. students Debbie Ackerman and Maria Johnson both were students from Galveston’s Ball High, both disappeared on November 11, 1971 and they were found dead two days later, 10 miles north of where they disappeared, close to I-45 and Highway 3. They were in Turner's Bayou in Texas, both girls were shot twice and their hands and feet bound and only partially clothed.

Edward Harold Bell was a suspect but never charged because of circumstantial evidence. He later wrote a letter admitting the murders of Ackerman and Johnson, but wasn’t charged. He is in prison on unrelated charges.

BELL'S SUPPOSED VICTIM; STILL UNSOLVED.

Links added by Bessie:

ACKERMAN-JOHNSON
Ed Bell Claims Responsibility
quote...
both girls were shot twice and their hands and feet bound and only partially clothed.
Edward Harold Bell was a suspect but never charged because of circumstantial evidence...end of quote.

I say NO! Bell may-have had a hand in there kidnapping and murder.
But I don't believe he shot them. That is not his MO as far as I can tell.
Bells method seems to be up close and personal. Where the other one just wants to shoot and kill and be done with it quickly.

And in another case above two girls were found 35 yards apart.
One shot the other one strangled or beating to death. Strangle and beat is more in line with Bells MO...

I am beginning to believe, until told otherwise Bell had a partner in crime he would team up with from time to time. One was a shooter but not Bell...Perhaps they would team up on those times when they wanted to kidnapped two girls to double there demonic pleasure?
They enjoyed watching the girls reactions to each other as they were being tortured.

Though just speculation on my part, nothing for fact.

I've wondered when they say blunt force trauma or hit with a blunt object does it basically mean the same thing? For instance, if a person was hit in the head or beaten repeatedly in other areas of the body until death occurs is that blunt force trauma in both cases? The reason I ask is that recently I read an article stating there was no apparent injury to the head and the person died of blunt force trauma. I always assumed that meant a blow to the head.

Any thoughts on that?

Usually i suspect it is damaged to the head area.
But it could apply to a beating of the body that causes death.
A beating with a blunt force object. A crowbar or baseball bat would be considered a blunt force object. A beating that resulted in ones death regardless if its the head or body area or both.
All MOO.

quote...
both girls were shot twice and their hands and feet bound and only partially clothed.
Edward Harold Bell was a suspect but never charged because of circumstantial evidence...end of quote.

I say NO! Bell may-have had a hand in there kidnapping and murder.
But I don't believe he shot them. That is not his MO as far as I can tell.
Bells method seems to be up close and personal. Where the other one just wants to shoot and kill and be done with it quickly.

And in another case above two girls were found 35 yards apart.
One shot the other one strangled or beating to death. Strangle and beat is more in line with Bells MO...

I am beginning to believe, until told otherwise Bell had a partner in crime he would team up with from time to time. One was a shooter but not Bell...Perhaps they would team up on those times when they wanted to kidnapped two girls to double there demonic pleasure?

Though just speculation on my part, nothing for fact.

I totally agree. I never thought Bell acted alone if he was actually involved. I have wondered if he just confessed to better his stature in prison. I could be totally wrong. Either that or like you said he teamed up with someone else. One who loved guns.....

Here's a worksheet I've been using to compile data. It's not complete, but I thought it might be helpful, anyway. I'll post an updated version later.

Attachments

• I-45 LIST-B.pdf
    366 KB · Views: 22
interstate_45_texas_highway_map.gif

Attachments

• interstate_45_texas_highway_map.gif
    interstate_45_texas_highway_map.gif
    85.1 KB · Views: 12
picture.php

I'm not including a link because I made this in MS Paint :worldmap:

Just something for reference, since I know a lot of you guys aren't local...

:sonar:

Attachments

• main highways.jpg
    main highways.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 14
JBrewer2.jpg
JBrewer1.jpg

Joyce Creola Brewer
Missing since September 6, 1970 from Grand Prairie, Texas
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: January 24, 1955
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7" (170 cm); 135 lbs (61 kg)
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Burn scars on the underside of her left arm, the side of her chest, and her torso.
•DNA: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Joyce Brewer was last seen on September 6, 1970, in Grand Prarie, Texas.
It is believed she ran off with a boyfriend.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1465dftx.html

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1058775&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brewer_joyce.html

http://s13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/ar/t12460.htm

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5879

Without this visual aid.
My imagery of where these places were was way off.

Straight up and down that 45.
Strange. To have become known as a place for killings.
Killing frenzy more like it.

Almost as if there was a network of killers on a private network
going back decades?

It just seems strange to be so many
and shared by many. Without some of them knowing
each other.
Like some kind of game involving killing.
A game between killers.

Using your map, and goggle map with street view.
I am getting a much better understanding and perspective of the I45.

Much better and enjoyable to kill in warm climate than cold I imagine.
It would be strange if it was ever acknowledge that persons
on vacation would come to the area to kill.

ALL MOO

That is interesting.
I have been looking at her photo on namus for the last several days
off and on to see if she may match an unidentified.

And her hair color was always blonde.
Until now I see they have changed it to this red color.

Did anyone else notice that.
And is this an known practice by them?

Without this visual aid.
My imagery of where these places were was way off.

Straight up and down that 45.
Strange. To have become known as a place for killings.
Killing frenzy more like it.

Almost as if there was a network of killers on a private network
going back decades?

It just seems strange to be so many
and shared by many. Without some of them knowing
each other.
Like some kind of game involving killing.
A game between killers.

Using your map, and goggle map with street view.
I am getting a much better understanding and perspective of the I45.

Much better and enjoyable to kill in warm climate than cold I imagine.
It would be strange if it was ever acknowledge that persons
on vacation would come to the area to kill.

ALL MOO

Wouldn't be strange at all or for a trucker who comes and goes to kill in this and other areas. This just seems like a safe place to get away with murder. Once it was known that LE wasn't catching anyone, I'm sure other killers just added to the killing fields.

They got away with it too!

jmo

That is interesting.
I have been looking at her photo on namus for the last several days
off and on to see if she may match an unidentified.

And her hair color was always blonde.
Until now I see they have changed it to this red color.

Did anyone else notice that.
And is this an known practice by them?

They have her hair listed as blonde but, the pictures all show red. I think this is just another of the many errors we keep finding. Someone didn't look!

Another thing I've noticed is the number of red-heads and auburn haired girls. Remember the Red-head murders?

jmo

They have her hair listed as blonde but, the pictures all show red. I think this is just another of the many errors we keep finding. Someone didn't look!

Another thing I've noticed is the number of red-heads and auburn haired girls. Remember the Red-head murders?

jmo

...but at night, redheads look brunette sometimes. Look and see if the redheads and auburn haired girls disappeared during the day or at night...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back